Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Peanut butter cookies with a hershy kiss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/461850-peanut-butter-cookies-hershy-kiss.html)

Shevtriz 11-29-2006 11:49 AM

Peanut butter cookies with a hershy kiss

Not sure what they are called but during my HC days I loved these. Anyone know what i'm talking about? if so is there a LC version?

i think they are called peanut butter blossoms they are a peanut butter batter rolled up backed and once baked u put a hershy kiss on the top.......

shawneesioux 11-29-2006 01:17 PM

Hi

I'd never heard of your version, so I found a recipe of it...looks totally do-able, LC-wise....just need a lot of subbing of ingredients.
Kinda in a hurry right now, but perhaps someone will be along soon to offer suggestions for the subs...

PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS

1 c. sugar
1 c. butter
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
2 (10 oz. pkg.) Hershey Kisses
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1/4 c. milk
3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda

Mix all ingredients above except Kisses. Shape in medium size balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, place 1 kiss on each blossom

Nigel 11-29-2006 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shevtriz (Post 7805632)
Not sure what they are called but during my HC days I loved these. Anyone know what i'm talking about? if so is there a LC version?

i think they are called peanut butter blossoms they are a peanut butter batter rolled up backed and once baked u put a hershy kiss on the top.......

what are you going to use for the hershey kiss?
or do they make them in s/f now also?

Shevtriz 11-29-2006 01:40 PM

Nigel, I am not sure.........maybe some sf choc. chips? dunno....but nope i havent seen any sf kisses.....

Kevinpa 11-29-2006 01:53 PM

hershey's make sf baking chunks which would be more the size of kisses.

Nigel 11-29-2006 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shevtriz (Post 7806251)
Nigel, I am not sure.........maybe some sf choc. chips? dunno....but nope i havent seen any sf kisses.....

you know I had a brain lapse here, they used to make them, Brach's brand and I even got some when they marked them down, so they have probably been discontinued, I may go look for a website on them, will post if I find out any good info

Shevtriz 11-29-2006 01:58 PM

thaaaanks that'll be cool......any ideas about the cookies though? how to make LC?

Charski 11-29-2006 02:00 PM

I bought some sugarfree milk, dark, and white chocolate baking wafers online - they're a little bigger around than a Hershey's kiss and flatter, but they would work I'm sure. Since I can't post the website, try googling sugarfree baking chocolate and see what you scare up! Sometimes you have to use sugar free instead of all one word....

Charski 11-29-2006 02:01 PM

Oh yeah, the cookies - put in a search on this forum for peanut butter cookies - there are several good recipes!

decodiana 11-29-2006 04:17 PM

Charski,

Are you talking about Wilbur's? I contacted them and found out their sugar free chocolate disks have transfats.

Charski 11-29-2006 04:46 PM

I don't THINK that is the brand - I'll have to check when I get home though!

Beeb 11-29-2006 06:51 PM

Here you go!

I have made these several times, but I'm not sure if there are sugar free kisses anymore. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=295527

Kevinpa 11-30-2006 12:19 AM

Kiss Cookies Sorta :rolleyes:
yield 2 dozen

1 cup carbquik
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 T. not/Sugar
1/8 cup diabeti sweet brown

1/4 cup crisco green
1/4 cup lc creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 T. heavy cream
1/2 t. vanilla
1/8 t. sweetzfree

1 T. diabeti sweet white(for coating)

3 hershey's 1 carb bars

In large mixer bowl, stir carbquik, soda, salt, not/Sugar, and diabeti sweet brown together. Add remaining ingredients except chocolate and mix at medium speed until well combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Chill dough 30 mins.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Roll small amounts of dough into 1 inch balls and then roll in diabeti sweet white to coat.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until light brown.
Remove from oven and immediately press chocolate into the center of each cookie.

Although very tasty, they were more crumbly when warm than I remember the HC version being.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...inpa1/kc35.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...inpa1/kc38.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...inpa1/kc41.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...inpa1/kc42.jpg

Shevtriz 11-30-2006 05:49 AM

KevinPa...............HOLY SNYKEES, You made them???????????? WOWOWOW they look fantastic.........did you just bake these or did you already have pics from a previous batch? You are the man with the master plan......how'd they taste? Better yet I'm on my way to taste em myself......hehehehe

Shevtriz 11-30-2006 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 7807692)
I have made these several times, but I'm not sure if there are sugar free kisses anymore. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=295527

thank you sooooooo much these are my fav cookies in the WORLD:clap:

Kevinpa 11-30-2006 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shevtriz (Post 7809132)
KevinPa...............HOLY SNYKEES, You made them???????????? WOWOWOW they look fantastic.........did you just bake these or did you already have pics from a previous batch? You are the man with the master plan......how'd they taste? Better yet I'm on my way to taste em myself......hehehehe

lol, no I assure you that these are not from a previous batch. I finished making them about 3am this morning. The taste is almost exactly as I remember them and although I commented about there crumbliness when they were warm ....... the texture seem perfect now....a keeper:up:

Shevtriz 11-30-2006 06:06 AM

Kevin what is "Crisco green"?

Kevinpa 11-30-2006 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shevtriz (Post 7809223)
Kevin what is "Crisco green"?

It is crisco in the green can. They advertise it as not having any trans fats in it.

Shevtriz 11-30-2006 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinpa (Post 7809204)
lol, no I assure you that these are not from a previous batch. I finished making them about 3am this morning. The taste is almost exactly as I remember them and although I commented about there crumbliness when they were warm ....... the texture seem perfect now....a keeper:up:

oh wow! i would love to be your neighbor......i am obviously new here are you a chef?:confused:

Kevinpa 11-30-2006 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shevtriz (Post 7809282)
oh wow! i would love to be your neighbor......i am obviously new here are you a chef?:confused:

No, just somebody who enjoys cooking and baking and thinks there should be ways to make the things we like to eat without the carbs.

Shevtriz 11-30-2006 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinpa (Post 7809394)
No, just somebody who enjoys cooking and baking and thinks there should be ways to make the things we like to eat without the carbs.

ahh and God bless you for that.........can't wait to try these cookies........:p

Kevinpa 12-05-2006 10:48 AM

I tweaked my tweak and came up with this
PB Sugar Cookie
yield 2 dozen approx 1 carb each.

I think I am going to have to get my DW to hide these from me. (:blush: )

1 cup carbquik
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
2 T. not/Sugar
1 splenda quick pack

1/4 cup crisco green
2 eggs
1 T. almond breeze
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 t. blackstrap

1/4 cup pecans (chopped)

In large mixer bowl, stir carbquik, soda, salt, not/Sugar, and splenda together. Add remaining ingredients and mix at medium speed until well combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Roll in a log and chill dough overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice chilled log in 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and dip 1 side diabeti sweet white to coat.
Place on parchment lined cookie sheet (diabeti sweet up) and bake for 15 minutes or until light brown.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...npa1/pbs57.jpg

Shevtriz 12-05-2006 12:23 PM

scrumdiliumptious (if thats how its spelled) or i have a better one
supercalifragalisticexpealidcious..............

Trying to lose 12-06-2006 07:11 AM

Kevin, how was the texture with the PB Sugar cookies? Did they start out crumbly also? They look good.

Kevinpa 12-06-2006 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trying to lose (Post 7833915)
Kevin, how was the texture with the PB Sugar cookies? Did they start out crumbly also? They look good.

No, that is why I tweaked them. They were nice and firm.

mac24312 01-05-2008 01:08 PM

Kevin, are these hard or soft? I am wanting to try these but I think i might add LC chocolate chips to them also to make a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie..also, I found some Soy Peanut butter with very low carbs..wonder if it would work?

Thanks and HUGS
Christina

Kevinpa 01-05-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac24312 (Post 9735719)
Kevin, are these hard or soft?

The only way i know to answer that question is to say my DW said to me, "boy these taste and feel just like HC Kiss cookie". They are not hard or soft.

mac24312 12-15-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinpa (Post 7830344)
I tweaked my tweak and came up with this
PB Sugar Cookie
yield 2 dozen approx 1 carb each.

I think I am going to have to get my DW to hide these from me. (:blush: )

1 cup carbquik
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
2 T. not/Sugar
1 splenda quick pack

1/4 cup crisco green
2 eggs
1 T. almond breeze
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 t. blackstrap

1/4 cup pecans (chopped)

In large mixer bowl, stir carbquik, soda, salt, not/Sugar, and splenda together. Add remaining ingredients and mix at medium speed until well combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Roll in a log and chill dough overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice chilled log in 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and dip 1 side diabeti sweet white to coat.
Place on parchment lined cookie sheet (diabeti sweet up) and bake for 15 minutes or until light brown.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...npa1/pbs57.jpg

Kevin..once again I am bumping a old thread that I want to try to make a good PB cookie and freeze it to use on my cookie trays...LOL :laugh: Wonder if you could cut these out like a regular cookie with cookie cutters...

HUGS!
Christina

Kevinpa 12-15-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac24312 (Post 11265825)
Kevin..once again I am bumping a old thread that I want to try to make a good PB cookie and freeze it to use on my cookie trays...LOL :laugh: Wonder if you could cut these out like a regular cookie with cookie cutters...

As a rule, most any kind of chilled cookie dough can be rolled and cut with cutters but I didn't try it. I am guessing it will work though. Personally I like the roll and slice method myself.

Mule_Freak 12-16-2008 10:43 AM

Hmmm, could you use the recipe (sure you could) for the 3 ing. p.butter cookies:

1 egg
1 cup of P.Butter (free of sugar)
1 cup of a.f. Sweetner (Splenda, Sweet/Low, Stevia)

I think Charski puts some almond flour in hers to give it a bit of "hold together"

then after done, stick on you s.f. chocolate chip, sprink w/splenda

I would dearly love to try Kevins recipe, but I can't afford to purchase Carbquik right now, so I think this would work.