Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2006, 01:22 AM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shawneesioux
Stats: 170/128 Maintaining since Aug. 2001. Young 62 Y.O
WOE: just Low Carb my own style
Start Date: 01/30/01
Ooops

Last edited by shawneesioux; 10-03-2006 at 01:40 AM..
shawneesioux is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2006, 01:29 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

...found the origional (meatless) recipe at cooks dot com...bet it would be good with crumbled Sausage too..

here's my *tweaked* version

ZUCCHINI SOUP WITH PARMESAN CROUTONS

4 slices Bacon

1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
1 Leek, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 lbs. zucchini, remove ends and slice (approx. seven 8''-9" zuchs)
1 c. white wine
salt and pepper to taste
3 cs. chicken or veggie stock
1 (7.6 oz) can Nestles Media Crema (or 1/2 Cup heavy cream)
1/4 tsp. nutmeg, finely grated

Parmesan & oregano croutons:
1 1/2 cs. LC bread.. cut into small cubes
1/4 c. olive oil
2 TBLS. fresh oregano, finely chopped
2 TBLS. fresh thyme, finely chopped
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
salt to taste

In a large stockpot, cook Bacon til crispy; remove and set aside for crumbled Topping. To Bacon Grease, add onions and cook until transparent. Add garlic, mushrooms, and zucchini... stir and cook for 5 minutes.

De-glaze the pan with wine and add salt and pepper. Once wine has reduced by half, add stock and season. Bring to a boil and cook until zucchini is soft enough to purée.

In a blender, Cuisinart or with a hand held buerre mixer, puree soup to desired consistency. Stir in cream and nutmeg, taste and adjust seasonings.

To make croutons, preheat oven to 400°F. Toss cubed bread with olive oil.

Bake until the croutons are golden brown. I like CRUNCHY, so about 10 minutes. As soon as the croutons are removed from the oven, toss with oregano, thyme, parm cheese and a little salt, or Garlic or Onion Powder.

Garnish filled bowls with croutons and crumbled bacon..

Makes approx. 8 servings...I don't do Carb Counts, I just cook with (mostly)LC ingredients..

Shawnee
Old 10-03-2006, 05:53 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jennywren
My goodness Shawnee...don't give that a second thot (altho it's nice of you to be concerned). I'm not offended in the least...everybody's welcome to come on along--really fun to see where all this can go!

I've always been a "recipe swapper"--happy to see that LCing can be that way too. Couldn't be here for a few days, and when I got back, I was AMAZED to see where we've headed! Whooda thunk it? Like you said before, a snowball....

AND your Zucc Soup!!! Sounds SO GOOD--have some great squash from my garden still, and I'll be making it today for lunch. You've combined bunches of my favorites here...zuccs, bacon, onion, parm, oregano....ohmigosh, I think it's gonna be heavenly! I can almost smell it now....

Let's Keep ' er Rollin'....
Jenn
Jennywren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:29 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbConvert
Stats: (147/120/115) 5'
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2004
I just read this entire thread, then made Jennywren's original tweak. I am so impressed.
I can't wait to try out everyone else's tweak. I think the real beauty of this is that it is so versatile. If I want quick, it's there. If I want to experiment, it's the perfect medium. I love everyone's little tips (like the touch of vanilla, etc) and have written them all down. I can't wait to try making cheese danish out of it, and I had a crazy thought about Jennywren's pyrex butter dish cover- Twinkies!

I also have a Madeline pan that I haven't used in 12 years.... mini hot dog buns? Mini twinkies? Little cream-puff thingies?

Love it. Thank you all so much.

Karen
LowCarbConvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

OH MY LORD!!! You're right! Industrial Size Twinkies! lol

And are you hearing the faint strains of music from the Twilight...er...ah...the Tweaker Zone? Welcome...come in, and join us...

Glad you liked the recipes
Jenn
Old 10-03-2006, 11:24 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah, about the Twinkie?...I just had an awesome afterthought. Can we talk about a CHOCOLATE TWINKIE? The chocolate version that I mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread, makes the most wonderful and tasty cake. Very different from the texture of the bread, even tho most of the ingred are the same...I can only speculate that it's the cocoa that makes them such a fine textured, yummy cake-result.

I made it in some silicone mini-muffin pans last night, and they were so quick to make--only about a min! I squirted (from plastic sandwich bag with the corner cut off)a tch of peanut butter into the middle of a few of them for a snack...almost like a Reese's--AND LEGAL!!!

Course nothing to prevent me from baking it in my butter-dish top, and filling it with any one of the many filling ideas that are skipping around in my brain!!

Thanks for the fun idea! Jenn

Last edited by Jennywren; 10-03-2006 at 11:26 AM..
Old 10-03-2006, 11:31 AM   #157
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Now I have to go back and find that chocolate version, cake like you say???
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Hi Buffy...yes, it's much diff than the bread texture...finer and very cake-like! I don't know how that happens, with only cocoa added, and some SF syrup...guess it MUST be the cocoa powder. It's posted on the second pg of this thread, but here's the recipe again...thot I'd bring it back for ya. I enjoy it so much...hope you do to.

Altho I listed it as Choc-Cherry, it can be any flavor you might want--just use whatever syrup flavor you'd like...I liked the richness that the cherry syrup gives it--not sure I can taste an actual cherry flavor...but rich and yummy.

My Chocolate Cherry Dessert for 2..is:

Combine in bowl:

1/3 c. carbquik

2 Tbsp. dk flaxmeal

1 1/2 Tbsp. Dutch Process Cocoa

1 packet Sweet One (for Scott123's synergy thing)

In small bowl, beat one egg

add 2 Tbsp Torani's Black Sweet Cherry Syrup (or I've subbed Coconut too, but I LOVE the rich flavor from the cherry syrup--my fave combination)

1 Tbsp. oil (usually EVOO--no problem taste)

I've used 6-8 drops Stevia (cause I'm going for that synergy) or a packet of Splenda...depending on desired sweetness

Blend in dry ingredients and mix well. (If needed, I add just a tch of cream)

Mix the wet and dry together, scrape down sides and nuke on high abt 2 min., til it springs back when touched lightly.

I bake in a diff shape than the bread, sometimes in abt 3x5x2+"deep, and then slice it from end to end, into about 5 or 6 slices. Stagger 2 or 3 slices that size, with a dollop of whipped cream and a splash of that dark red sf black cherry syrup drizzled down over--gorgeous AND seems SO SINFUL!! Specially in a nice dessert dish...texture is very very fine and light--I've served it to non-LC'ers who've asked for the recipe, having seen me nuke it minutes before!

As I said above, I just got these mini-muffin silicone cups...and they bake up in just about 60 sec. You could bake it in any size or shape you might want...I doubled the recipe recently, and baked it in a 7-8" pie plate. Be watchful of the baking time...otherwise, no change.

Hope you like it...let me know what you think of it,

Jenn
Old 10-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #159
Big Yapper!!!!

Jenn, I just printed it off to try. I have a coupon for World Market for 40% off of any item and was going there Thurs. to look at the Torani syrups, I will get the Black cherry one, the flavor combo sounds great. Wow, this makes all kinds of desserts possible. Thanks so much. I will come back and let you know what I think.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
jennywren, i don't have stevia, sweetone or processed dutch cocoa. would liquid splenda, hershey's cocoa and diabetisweet work? tia!
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:33 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Hi bella...I'm thinking yes, they will work. I noticed that the hershey cocoa isn't quite as strong as the dutch process cocoa, so it might not be quite as dark chocolatey--but should still be good. I've made it without the stevia, with only the splenda in the syrup and one other sweetener--so either one of the others ought to be ok, I'd think. Shawnee has suggested to taste the batter for sweetness--a good thing since we all have different tastes for different degrees of sweetness. I start off a little easy and taste...can always add more, but can't "unsweeten" it. Hope you like it.

Jenn

Last edited by Jennywren; 10-03-2006 at 03:35 PM..
Old 10-04-2006, 08:07 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, this is such a FUN Thread!

I love all these ideas that keep rollin' in...Thanks to each and every one of you for your updates and Tweaks.

Y'all ALL come to my house, bring your Nukers...I just can't get to all these lucious varieties by myself!..and I want them ALL !!

LC Convert, please keep us updated on your long unused Madeline pan results..

Jennywren...We're waiting to hear about that CHOCOLATE TWINKIE!!!!

...meanwhile, I need to thank SugarBabi for her Roll Up ideas..My DH really thanks her...had a tweaked version of course..LOL

Sug..

I used Ham...it was about 1/2 lb..sliced so thin, I used 2 slices per Roll up..and used some Stir fry mixed veggies..Added in a little Horseradish (BAM!)..and Onion powder to the creamcheese/veggie stuff..
and about 1/2 jar of Ragu Alfredo over them...OMG !!

Already, we are talking about the "next" batch...using leftover Stuffing and creamcheese and Cranberry sauce with Turkey slices..

Here's a pic of the Ham..I don't know if this is what they are supposed to look like; only know we love 'em!

Last edited by shawneesioux; 10-04-2006 at 08:10 PM..
Old 10-05-2006, 01:30 AM   #163
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: SugarBabi
WOE: My Own Type Of Low Carb
Start Date: 2/12/2005
Yep shawnee, that's what they're supposed to look like. Actually yours look better than mine did. Yum-O!!

There are so many posts on here since I last checked, it's going to take me a few days to catch up. Now I see chocolate...oh my!! I must have missed that post in the beginning...going back to read some more now..

pssst....I did buy a can of baby corn today for Scott's suggestion for cornbread--don't know when I'll get around to it, but I'm prepared. LOL
also, if anyone is interested, the baby corn at super walmart was Polar brand and .92 cents per can and right at the beginning of the aisle where the jars of pimentos are (at our store anyway).
SugarBabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:33 AM   #164
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

double post....

Last edited by SugarBabi; 10-05-2006 at 01:38 AM..
Old 10-05-2006, 07:11 AM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Sugarbabi, how many carbs in the baby corn?

I did try the chocolate version, it was good but I find myself wanting some kind of gooey frosting on it. I just ordered the Walden Farm marshmallo dip and I am wondering if that might be good smeared on a piece.
I continue to eat 1 slice of my nutty whole wheat version each morning with 1 T of butter on it, love it. Next time I will add sesame seeds as well.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:04 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
[COLOR="Red"]Buffy, I made your Nutty wheat bread last night.
Tweaker zone! I used Carbalose instead of the Carbquick. Didn't have any sunflower seeds, but I'm gonna get some, I know they would be good in it. Added 1/8 cup sesame seeds. Changed the cream to Almond milk (mock Almond Breeze), and I think I forgot and only added 2 T. But I'll add the other next time, it was pretty thick.
I didn't have the round ziplock bowls. I used 4 plastic bowls of varying sizes & shapes. I cut one in half last night & put a small amount of peanutbutter on one toasted slice. Yummmmm!!!
Managed to slice one of them this morning into 3 thin slices. Had 2 with my eggs for breakfast w/butter. This is a winner!!!

I made jennywren's chocolate version yesterday also. Had a small slice with whipped cream. Again Yummmm!
Course I tweaked it too. I used 1 pkt SweetOne and a drop of Sweetzfree for the sweetener. Didn't have Torani's Black Cherry, but do have DaVinci Cherry, and subbed that. I used Grapeseed oil for the oil. Again didn't have the size baking container that Jenn used. I used a square (sandwich size) ziplock container. I think I'll get 3 very thin slices from it.
I may try silicone muffin cups next time, or if I get to the Dollar Tree, and they still have the little fancies, may buy some of those & try.

[/COLOR]

For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life! John 3:16
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
crazywoman-n-wy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Sugar - I think those turkey roll-ups looked wonderful and now that Shawnee has me thinking stuffing and cranberry sauce with them I definitely Need to put them on my menu next week!

Shawnee - Turkey rolls with LC stuffing and cranberry sauce - LOL - I'll think I've died and gone to heaven! The ham rolls look great too and I always have ham on hand but never have deli turkey. For some reason whenever I get the turkey it goes bad before we use it up and yet I love turkey. I think it's just that the ham keeps longer. Anyway I can see these in our future!

Jenn - I still want to try that chocolate version! I just made 4 batches of this stuff the other day and need to wait awhile before making any more. DH turns his nose up and I need to eat all this stuff myself and I can only eat so much Funny thing is, he tries a small piece of the different versions I've made and thinks they're good but because they're low carb he just won't eat a whole piece, sticks with his store-bought bread - yuk! He does eat the low carb cakes and pies I make though and also the meals, just has some sort of hangup on the bread!

This thread just keeps getting better and better. Think we could get it made a sticky so that it doesn't get lost?

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #168
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Tweaker ~ I freeze my turkey slices. I put them in a ziploc freezer bag or a container if I have one and freeze them. I sometimes double bag them. Most of the time, I divide the package in half or if buying from the deli, I divide the lb in half and freeze half of it. I'm sure that vacuum sealing them would be a better idea, but we end up eating them up pretty fast, so I don't vacuum them.

Tip to anyone/everyone: I borrowed this from an Alton Brown episode. If you print out your recipes (like I do), place them inside a gallon ziploc bag (flat) and then you have a protective sleeve while cooking. You can just wipe off the bag or discard it if it gets stuff spilled on it. I have ruined countless recipes and had to reprint them or live with the spots on them, but no more...

nanu..nanu..nanu...Billie has entered the tweaker zone--never to return to cooking as she knew it before...no recipe will ever be the same...nanu..nanu...*grin*

Last edited by SugarBabi; 10-05-2006 at 01:57 PM..
Old 10-05-2006, 02:20 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL, SugarBabi..GOOD TIP...I do however need to scribble on my recipes (Yes, even the ones I "invented" myself..cause I never make anything the same way twice)
btw, LOVE Alton Brown.. ..sometimes I actually do a ''mental visual" of him while reading Scott123's posts..cause they both explain the why's and how's of ingredients, etc..

DH had the last of the Ham Roll Ups for lunch, poor baby was so disappointed when I told him they were all gone now.

I second the nanu to Billie, she's definately a hooked Tweaker now

Tweaker.. I have some frozen slices of deli Roast Beef...and IF they don't wind up gracing some Nuker Bread ..they will become Roll Ups!

Hi Buffy...maybe you'd like to try making some Choc Icing?

Keep up the good ideas!

Shawnee

Last edited by shawneesioux; 10-05-2006 at 02:25 PM..
Old 10-05-2006, 02:23 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Red"]Oh, Billie's been in the tweaker zone for quite some time now. And, yep, It's had to just follow the recipe without trying to figure out how I can make it lower in carbs. Or make a recipe that has ingredients that I don't like, and use something else instead.

Da da da da

And I HATE cooking!!!!

Oh, and about that tip,,,,, What I do is get the sheet protectors, and put my recipes in them. I have them in a notebook. I did have a 1", now a 2 1/2", but soon will need to get a larger it looks like. When I need to make notes on the recipe (yep I do that too!), I just slip the recipe out, make my notes, and back in.
I get my usually get my sleeves at Sam's but you can get them at Wal*Mart & Big Lots. And of course at office supply stores, but I think they are usually higher.[/COLOR]

Last edited by crazywoman-n-wy; 10-05-2006 at 02:34 PM..
Old 10-05-2006, 02:29 PM   #171
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I think I'm caught up now. (this is a great thread, ya'll - in my best Paula Deen's voice)

kaisergirl ~ the rye brad sounds like a great tweak...I'm putting this idea on my list

Buffy45 ~ I can't tell the difference in glass, plastic, or silicone...but it did come out drier in the oven and fell apart. I'll have to try another oven test in a loaf pan and see what happens. I've got too much bread in the fridge right now, though. (wonder why?LOL)

Jennywren ~ thank you for being the original tweaker of this bread and for starting this thread...gotta love tweaking

Did your butter dish top make a good hot dog bun? (I was scouring Ebay earlier debating on getting one) And chocolate twinkies!! Girl, you're da bomb! Chocolate cake........*stops to drool a while*....adding recipe to list of things to make next week.

Tweaker ~ did you try making the cornbread with the soy grits yet?

Shawnee ~ I got my zucchini yesterday...your soup looks so delicious...can't wait to make some.(making a note to add bacon grease to cornbread recipes)

LowCarbConvert ~Mini twinkies..oh my!my! And fill them with s/f pudding...
My mind is whizzing here with your mention of mini hot dog buns...way cool idea by the way...I am wondering if we add more liquid to the batter for the cornbread type or even any of the other types if we could come up with a corn dog batter. Oh wow--now that would be awesome. If anyone is in the mood for tweaking...

annieg ~ how did your chocolatedessert turn out?

This thread is great and everyone has such wonderful ideas. I'm so happy to be able to indulge in bread again. Guiltless Bread. Now cornbread, cake, stuffing, etc. I've never eaten or made bread pudding, but I'm thinking if anyone is into that....*hint*

Buffy ~ for the baby corn, the label is wierd. It has 6 carbs per serving, but it doesn't say how many servings per can. I guesstimated 3 to 3 1/2 servings.

Tom/Mods - I second the motion to get this thread made into a sticky (please).
Old 10-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm with Billie on using the sheet protectors and filing recipes in notebooks. That's exactly what I do.

Sugar - No, I haven't tried the soy grits yet, probably will be another week or so, maybe sooner, but I really need to eat up some of what I have already! Thanks for the idea of freezing half of the turkey, ham or whatever, now why didn't I think of that? I freeze everything else - Duh!

Roast Beef, Shawnee? OMG, I love cold roast beef sandwiches with Jalapeno mustard! You guys are killing me here!

Annieg - I'm wondering about that chocolate version to --- inquiring minds want to know!! And if you could grace us with a visual, that would be wonderful!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #173
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Ahhh Billie ~ Thanks for that idea!! Even better. You sound organized. *grin*
I'm terrible--I just ripped off one of my hubby's stationary boxes (have 2 of them now) and pile the recipes in there. At least now I know where they are. I really like your idea better and I need to get in gear and do some organizing.

Then when I get really good, I'll need a notebook for each category..LOL
Old 10-05-2006, 06:25 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Red"] Sugarbabi, Oraganized You definetly don't know me! I just about did fall on the floor laughing at that! I'm farrrrrrr from organized. But I'm a very messy cook, and for the most part that keeps my recipes clean. (Gotta laugh at that, cause some of em still end up quite messed up. ) And easier to flip thru and find the one I'm after. If I put holes in the pages to put in a notebook, I'd tear em too.

I had forgotten all about people asking for a pic of the Chocolate Cherry Dessert last night. So I had already sliced a thin piece off and eaten it, when I ran across posts askin for that this afternoon. Soooooo,
I took a picture. Like I said, it has already had a thin slice taken off it. It had a huge "bump" in the middle of it before. I ate that bump.

Anyway here is a pic.[/COLOR]

Old 10-05-2006, 08:05 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: That Girl
hi tweaker geek and sugar bab, i was going to make this and discovered i am out of flax and carbquik... i have an order coming tomorrow, yeah! i spent too much money, but i love netrition!
That Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:14 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbConvert
Stats: (147/120/115) 5'
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Sugarbabi, how many carbs in the baby corn?

I did try the chocolate version, it was good but I find myself wanting some kind of gooey frosting on it. I just ordered the Walden Farm marshmallo dip and I am wondering if that might be good smeared on a piece.
I continue to eat 1 slice of my nutty whole wheat version each morning with 1 T of butter on it, love it. Next time I will add sesame seeds as well.

Oh my, how about Walden Farms marshmallo dip and Peanut butter? A far healthier version of a Fluffernutter... Sorry, slightly off-topic.

SugarBabi, Oh yes, a mini twinkie with SF pudding. How beautiful is THAT?!
Great idea re the Baby Corn. Wow...

Last night, I spread a thin slice with a cream cheese/ butter/ lemon/ vanilla/ splenda... it really tasted like a cheese danish. The only down side was that (for some reason according to DH) the "bread" got dry really quickly. That was the only batch so far to do that, so I'm thinking that maybe my egg was too small or I didn't measure the oil properly (in a rush, as usual).

Now, I wonder if there could be a way to make a cheesecake crust out of this? I quit making them over the summer- but it's Cheesecake season again!

Last edited by LowCarbConvert; 10-05-2006 at 09:17 PM..
LowCarbConvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Billie, the picture didn't come through. Can you post another?
Old 10-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Red"]Oops, I think I deleted the wrong pic in PhotoBucket. The pic was there last night.

I tried to just edit the other post, but I don't have an edit button to click on there. (I just changed servers from dial-up to wireless. WooWhooo! Wonder if that has something to do with my not being able to edit my old posts? ????)

Anyway, here it is again. I hope!
[/COLOR]

Last edited by crazywoman-n-wy; 10-06-2006 at 05:15 PM..
Old 10-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Hey Sugar Babi...thanks for the tip about those silicone pans...I got some of the baby bundt-type ones (bright pink) yesterday. If not for you, I wouldn't have known, as we don't have a Dollar Tree in my town...but, we were travelling and there was one in a town we passed thru! So DH patiently made a little stop for me!

And as I was trying them out tonight to make the Chocolate Cake, I was thinking how you "like orange cake things alot"...so I flavored my chocolate cake with orange, and made frosting with cream cheese flavored orange...and it was GREAT! I used the same recipe as the Choc Cherry Cake Dessert that I'd posted earlier, but substituted orange sf Torani's syrup, and then shook in a good half pk of the Crystal Lite "Straws" (designed for use in bottled water--I hope you know what I'm talking about?) I tasted the batter after I'd mixed it up with the sf syrup...and there was NO orange taste at all. Knowing the Crystal Lite is pretty strong orange I decided to shake some dry onto the batter and mix it in...my cake has a nice orange note plus chocolate--yummm. Then, I mixed a healthy sprinkle of it into some cream cheese also, so I could have orange icing! And it was SOOOO GOOD! In fact, I really like the orange crm chz alot--what else can I use this for? It's so orange-y and good...

And Buffy: I highly recommend this flavored cream cheese for frosting...altho you'd have several choices that would probably work with chocolate...there is a raspberry flavored Crystal Lite...also some others. I just shook in a little at a time till it had as much flavor as I wanted.

OR--I also remember that there was a German Chocolate Icing on here a while back...I think it was a recipe by Charski. I think I copied it off, and if you think that would be a good candidate for your "gooey frosting" urge, I'll find it and post it. Or maybe Shawnee will know the thread it's on...she had some things there too, as I recall. AND there was also a chocolate frosting recipe...think I copied that as well. Let me know, and I can post it.

And Billie...Thanks for posting the picture.

Oh yes, Sugar--my butter-dish cover made a fine bun...just the right size. I think I'll do up a couple to have at the ready in my freezer. Tried a second one for a meatball sub, with spaghetti sauce and cheese all melty....it was WAYYY GOOOD!

Oh Boy! I'm really interested in the bread pudding, too...thought I might try that tomorrow. But...I always liked mine with lots of raisins....

If it works out, I'll let you know...
Jenn

Last edited by Jennywren; 10-06-2006 at 08:13 PM..
Old 10-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #180
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Jennywren ~
You are good. Very good. Thank you for remembering me with that recipe.

I need more hours in the day!! You know I'm going to have to make the chocolate orange dessert now...*drool* and yep, I know what those little crystal light straw things are--don't have any, but I've checked them out at walmart before.

You know I have to rush off to Ebay for that butter dish now...hehehe!! I have all of them on my watchlist I think.

p.s. great pic Billie--looks just like a chocolate cake--yumm!! I think you only have an hour or something to edit your posts, some kind of time limit on it anyway.