Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
Gadget Gal
 
Charski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mostly in the kitchen!
Posts: 39,800
Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Char's Decadently Rich PB/Choc Chunk Cheesecake

This is a major tweakage of several recipes found on these boards!

Char's Decadently Rich PB/Choc Chunk Cheesecake

Crust:
1 cup SF smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup almond or hazelnut meal
1 tsp. (equivalent to 3/4 cup) liquid Splenda
1 extra-large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Filling:
24 ounces cream cheese, at room temp (you want it very soft)
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons DaVinci Sugarfree Peanut Butter syrup
1 teaspoon (equivalent to 3/4 cup) liquid Splenda concentrate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup SF smooth peanut butter
4 whole extra-large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk, all at room temp
4 ounces chopped SF chocolate - white, milk, or dark

Preheat oven to 350*. Use a 9" springform or removable bottom pan. Spray pan insides well with nonstick cooking spray.

Crust:

Mix together all crust ingredients, press into bottom and about 1" up sides of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes, until barely starting to brown around the edges. Let cool.

Put pan in center of 2 large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil; fold up around pan sides to prevent seepage while in the water bath.

Reduce oven temperature to 300*. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Have ready a roasting pan large enough to hold the springform (water bath).

Filling:
With a wire whisk, combine the cream cheese and Splenda until well blended, scraping sides often. Add the vanilla and sour cream. Add peanut butter and whisk til well-blended. When completely mixed (with no lumps), add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, whisking only until incorporated. Don't overmix - this is a leading cause of cracked cheesecakes and why I prefer the wire whisk to a mixer. Gently blend in your choice of chocolate. Don't overmix - this is a contributing cause of cracked cheesecakes!

Then place the springform pan into the larger roasting pan and place on oven rack - fill the larger pan about halfway with the boiling water. This is called a water bath. It is a gentler way to cook the cheesecake. You can skip this but your cheesecake will be MUCH more likely to crack and will not have the same dense rich texture!

Bake for 1 hour at 300*, then reduce heat to 200 degrees for 1 more hour. Turn oven off, prop door ajar with a wooden spoon, and leave cheesecake in until the oven is completely cool. Remove foil, and refrigerate at least 12 hours - cheesecakes continue to "age" into their flavor so don't be tempted to eat it too soon!

This is a very rich, very dense, moist cheesecake. I made it with SF white chocolate chunks but next time I'd use SF milk or dark for more contrast.

__________________
It's easy to be miserable. Being happy takes more work. ~~from Ondine, the movie~~

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
trish6103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Misery
Posts: 11,501
Gallery: trish6103
Stats: I would tell you but I'd have to kill you.
That looks good!
I made Beachgirl's PB Cup Cheesecake last week and I really didn't like the flavor. I think it was because I used natural peanut butter. It was not sweet enough. I used unsweetened chocolate for the chocolate layer and that part was kinda bitter. Next time I will use Hershey's SF chocolate chunks.
trish6103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
shawneesioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 3,969
Gallery: shawneesioux
Stats: 170/128 Maintaining since Aug. 2001. Young 62 Y.O
WOE: just Low Carb my own style
Start Date: 01/30/01
Hey Char...nice presentation, GF!..sure looks smooth and creamy/dreamy. The 12 hr. waiting period must be tough-but worth the wait!

Nice to see ya back in dessert land.

I have a set of various sized Wilton springforms..and doggone if they don't sometimes absorb a tad of water from the bath...so I wrap a coat of tinfoil around the outside bottom, extended up the sides a bit.

Shawnee
shawneesioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
Gadget Gal
 
Charski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mostly in the kitchen!
Posts: 39,800
Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Yep Shawnee, that's what I did too - TWO layers of HEAVY DUTY foil! I don't take NO chances with MY cheesecakes!!

I've been so good with my eating since January, practically nothing in the way of "goodies" but my Dad and stepMom are coming for dinner tonight so it was a good enough reason to get out the ol' baking pans and rattle 'em around a bit!

Char
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:22 PM   #5
Gadget Gal
 
Charski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mostly in the kitchen!
Posts: 39,800
Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Oh yeah, and Trish, I always taste the batter before I add the eggs and add sweetener if needed. This is an adaptation of Beachgirl's PB cheesecake, but I always like sour cream in mine so I ditched one package of cream cheese in favor of a cup of sour cream, amongst a few other tweaks! LOL!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mom to 2 boys and a girl born 5/6/05.
Posts: 1,123
Gallery: mom2twoboys
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 10/26/05
OH yum! It looks great my DS is allergic to peanuts so unless someone invites me to their house I will only be able to dream about it!
mom2twoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #7
Bike Tart
 
mamagiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: right down the road from Bong Recreation Area!
Posts: 58,513
Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
That looks fabulous!
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #8
Gadget Gal
 
Charski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mostly in the kitchen!
Posts: 39,800
Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2twoboys
OH yum! It looks great my DS is allergic to peanuts so unless someone invites me to their house I will only be able to dream about it!
How about almonds or macadamias? You could certainly substitute almond or macadamia nut butter wherever this one calls for peanut butter - in fact I was eyeballing the jar of macadamia nut butter in the cupboard when I made this, and if DH hadn't scarfed up all the macadamia nuts, I'd have done that for the crust!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 04:39 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
shawneesioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 3,969
Gallery: shawneesioux
Stats: 170/128 Maintaining since Aug. 2001. Young 62 Y.O
WOE: just Low Carb my own style
Start Date: 01/30/01
Char...YAY for you, being extra-good for so long ..I'm SO ready for some cheesecake; haven't made any since Christmas.

Now I'll wipe the egg off my face ..while I was printing out your Recipe, I caught the TINFOIL instructions...

....I promise to take up Reading vs merely scanning eventually.

Great idea, the Almond or Mac Butter.

Have a fun dinner party!

...I keep thinking about some toasted coconut in a crust...

Shawnee
shawneesioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:45 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Sweeteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Volunteer State
Posts: 5,934
Gallery: Sweeteater
WOE: Lower Carb
oh, yummy! How pretty! Thanks for sharing the pic and recipe.
Sweeteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #11
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
 
rowdy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mineral Wells, WV
Posts: 2,926
Gallery: rowdy1
Stats: 5'5"..currently way tooooooooo much!!
WOE: carb monitoring w/yocheese
Start Date: 9/03...terminal uphill battle
Char...BTW, great name LOL! What's the calorie count on this recipe per slice? Ohmygoodness it looks so good and I happen to have all the ingredients but.....the calories must be outta 'dis world right?

I've been trying to hold my sweets at bay too. Made a pan of the low carb peanut butter fudge. Gone in 3 days.... Although, in my defense, I did use the fudge as meal replacements..... The kicker...it wasn't even TOM!!

Muaaaaahhhh! (true story)
rowdy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #12
Gadget Gal
 
Charski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mostly in the kitchen!
Posts: 39,800
Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Hi Char!!

I haven't a clue. I know it's gotta be sky-high on calories! I seldom make desserts any more so when I have one, I know it's LC-safe ingredients and I just don't worry about it.

Maybe some nice person with MasterCook will happen along and plug in those ingredients for us though.....

Char
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:50 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 618
Gallery: Deannie
WOE: LC/allergies
Start Date: restarted Oct 4, 03
Sounds wonderful, Char. I printed it out for when I get to goal.
Right now I'm not doing ANY baking, trying to figure out what works for this "old body".
Deannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:39 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member
 
bprieto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Way Out There (Just Left of Center!)
Posts: 802
Gallery: bprieto
Stats: BM Huh??/BMI 28.5 /BMI 21.7
WOE: Modified - OWL
Start Date: Re-inducted 1/23/12
P B & J Cheesecake

PB&J Cheesecake
See below with the following tweeks

skip chocolate
following the 12 hour "aging" period top with SF all fruit jelly/jam. (My family likes strawberry)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski
Char's Decadently Rich PB/Choc Chunk Cheesecake

Crust:
1 cup SF smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup almond or hazelnut meal
1 tsp. (equivalent to 3/4 cup) liquid Splenda
1 extra-large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Filling:
24 ounces cream cheese, at room temp (you want it very soft)
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons DaVinci Sugarfree Peanut Butter syrup
1 teaspoon (equivalent to 3/4 cup) liquid Splenda concentrate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup SF smooth peanut butter
4 whole extra-large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk, all at room temp
4 ounces chopped SF chocolate - white, milk, or dark

Preheat oven to 350*. Use a 9" springform or removable bottom pan. Spray pan insides well with nonstick cooking spray.

Crust:

Mix together all crust ingredients, press into bottom and about 1" up sides of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes, until barely starting to brown around the edges. Let cool.

Put pan in center of 2 large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil; fold up around pan sides to prevent seepage while in the water bath.

Reduce oven temperature to 300*. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Have ready a roasting pan large enough to hold the springform (water bath).

Filling:
With a wire whisk, combine the cream cheese and Splenda until well blended, scraping sides often. Add the vanilla and sour cream. Add peanut butter and whisk til well-blended. When completely mixed (with no lumps), add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, whisking only until incorporated. Don't overmix - this is a leading cause of cracked cheesecakes and why I prefer the wire whisk to a mixer. Gently blend in your choice of chocolate. Don't overmix - this is a contributing cause of cracked cheesecakes!

Then place the springform pan into the larger roasting pan and place on oven rack - fill the larger pan about halfway with the boiling water. This is called a water bath. It is a gentler way to cook the cheesecake. You can skip this but your cheesecake will be MUCH more likely to crack and will not have the same dense rich texture!

Bake for 1 hour at 300*, then reduce heat to 200 degrees for 1 more hour. Turn oven off, prop door ajar with a wooden spoon, and leave cheesecake in until the oven is completely cool. Remove foil, and refrigerate at least 12 hours - cheesecakes continue to "age" into their flavor so don't be tempted to eat it too soon!

This is a very rich, very dense, moist cheesecake. I made it with SF white chocolate chunks but next time I'd use SF milk or dark for more contrast.

bprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:22 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member
 
twyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In the rain forest
Posts: 719
Gallery: twyx
WOE: LC
Charski, how do you think this would work if you used Chocolate DaVinci's? I really want to make this and have nowhere to get the PB flavor. And I guess if you use all Splenda, you're going to have significantly more carbs?

Or do you have any other spectacular cheesecake recipes?
twyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #16
Gadget Gal
 
Charski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mostly in the kitchen!
Posts: 39,800
Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Rose, I'm sure the chocolate syrup would work fine, or for that matter, vanilla or probably even caramel or Dulce de Leche or whatever you have. It's not much volume in the total of the cheesecake.

Yes, granulated or packets of Splenda would impact the carb count - granular is 24 grams per cup.

HTH!

Char
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:11 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member
 
decodiana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 371
Gallery: decodiana
Stats: 301/239/150
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: Start again 1/5/13
Bumping because I tried this recently and it was incredible. Thanks for a great recipe, Charski!
decodiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:18 PM   #18
Way too much time on my hands!
 
xavier_grad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 15,664
Gallery: xavier_grad
WOE: Would someone please tap the box for me?
*thud*
xavier_grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:26 PM   #19
Gadget Gal
 
Charski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mostly in the kitchen!
Posts: 39,800
Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Was that a fall off the wagon?! LOL!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!
 
SugarPop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 2,604
Gallery: SugarPop
Stats: 225/143.0/125 (5'2")
WOE: Atkins/ LowCarb
Wow, Charski..............This looks yummy.

When you call for liquid splenda do you means sweetzfree? One teaspoon?

Confused


B
SugarPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
mac24312's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Far SW Virginia
Posts: 3,563
Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
Next on my list to make!!

HUGS!
mac24312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #22
Gadget Gal
 
Charski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mostly in the kitchen!
Posts: 39,800
Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarPop View Post
Wow, Charski..............This looks yummy.

When you call for liquid splenda do you means sweetzfree? One teaspoon?

Confused


B
Use whatever liquid sweetener you have, make it equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar. I never had Sweetzfree, I had some very very concentrated liquid sucralose I got from a guy in Australia, so I used the equivalence of 3/4 cup sugar sweetness and it was fine. I believe LindaSue has a conversion chart on her website for various forms of Splenda!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!
 
PalmTreeGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,466
Gallery: PalmTreeGal
Stats: 181/123/115 @ 5'2
WOE: LC eclectic
Yow, looks wonderful. I have been making a lot of LC sweets lately. Life has been stressful and my strategy for staying on plan has been to have free access to LC sweets. I'm not losing weight but I'm not gaining either. May have to give this one a try! I hate the PB syrup though and tossed the bottle I had. Got lots of vanilla and caramel around though.

Charski, do you have a hard time maintaining if you make LC treats like this?
PalmTreeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member
 
fieldofroses1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 833
Gallery: fieldofroses1
Stats: 300+/217/under 200
WOE: Mostly LC veggies & proteins due to food allergies
Start Date: Aug 18 2008
where do you get the SF white chocolate?
fieldofroses1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #25
Gadget Gal
 
Charski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mostly in the kitchen!
Posts: 39,800
Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmTreeGal View Post
Yow, looks wonderful. I have been making a lot of LC sweets lately. Life has been stressful and my strategy for staying on plan has been to have free access to LC sweets. I'm not losing weight but I'm not gaining either. May have to give this one a try! I hate the PB syrup though and tossed the bottle I had. Got lots of vanilla and caramel around though.

Charski, do you have a hard time maintaining if you make LC treats like this?
Well, confession, a few years back, when Shawniesioux and Magnamater and Scott123 and others were here - we all had so much fun making LC treats - and I got to the point where I thought I NEEEEDED dessert EVERY night - and yes, I DID gain, 12 pounds! I went back on induction and got it off, plus more, so that was OK in the end. But now, I generally don't make baked goodies unless we are having company or we are going someplace where I am requested to bring dessert. So - beware and watch the scales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofroses1 View Post
where do you get the SF white chocolate?
I found some online by Googling. Things have changed a lot in the past couple years though, as far as what is available, so not sure how readily available it is!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:43 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!
 
PalmTreeGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,466
Gallery: PalmTreeGal
Stats: 181/123/115 @ 5'2
WOE: LC eclectic
I think I have gained while eating all these sweets, and I am 30 pounds from goal! But it is still better than going face down in the white flour. Now MIL has gone home, I am not so stressed.
PalmTreeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #27
Gadget Gal
 
Charski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mostly in the kitchen!
Posts: 39,800
Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
You're right, it is FAR better, IMHO, to at least eat low carb treats than to go back to that crappy old stuff we used to love!

I'm glad some of your stress has now left the premises...
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
mac24312's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Far SW Virginia
Posts: 3,563
Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
I made this will some few Tweaks of my own...

I forgot to add the SF DaVinci to it...Instead of chips I melted about 2 oz of Lindt bar into the mixture...

Let it ripe overnight...Its GREAT!! Its the best Cheesecake I have ever fix..LC or not! Very rich..just can eat a little slice...My son at a bite and seem to like it..My DH does not like cheesecake so its all mine!! Taste like a favorite Candy..Peanut Butter cups!!

I dont make cheesecakes much but will make this again when I want it..
TY!
HUGS
Christina
__________________
I have lost over 130 pounds in 2 years and still losing.LC has changed my life and I will always stay with it!!:clap
mac24312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Monkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Monkeeville USA
Posts: 6,258
Gallery: Monkee
Stats: Total Loss: -142 lbs
WOE: The Monkee Way :)
Start Date: Summer 08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
This is a major tweakage of several recipes found on these boards!

Char's Decadently Rich PB/Choc Chunk Cheesecake

Crust:
1 cup SF smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup almond or hazelnut meal
1 tsp. (equivalent to 3/4 cup) liquid Splenda
1 extra-large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Filling:
24 ounces cream cheese, at room temp (you want it very soft)
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons DaVinci Sugarfree Peanut Butter syrup
1 teaspoon (equivalent to 3/4 cup) liquid Splenda concentrate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup SF smooth peanut butter
4 whole extra-large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk, all at room temp
4 ounces chopped SF chocolate - white, milk, or dark

Preheat oven to 350*. Use a 9" springform or removable bottom pan. Spray pan insides well with nonstick cooking spray.

Crust:

Mix together all crust ingredients, press into bottom and about 1" up sides of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes, until barely starting to brown around the edges. Let cool.

Put pan in center of 2 large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil; fold up around pan sides to prevent seepage while in the water bath.

Reduce oven temperature to 300*. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Have ready a roasting pan large enough to hold the springform (water bath).

Filling:
With a wire whisk, combine the cream cheese and Splenda until well blended, scraping sides often. Add the vanilla and sour cream. Add peanut butter and whisk til well-blended. When completely mixed (with no lumps), add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, whisking only until incorporated. Don't overmix - this is a leading cause of cracked cheesecakes and why I prefer the wire whisk to a mixer. Gently blend in your choice of chocolate. Don't overmix - this is a contributing cause of cracked cheesecakes!

Then place the springform pan into the larger roasting pan and place on oven rack - fill the larger pan about halfway with the boiling water. This is called a water bath. It is a gentler way to cook the cheesecake. You can skip this but your cheesecake will be MUCH more likely to crack and will not have the same dense rich texture!

Bake for 1 hour at 300*, then reduce heat to 200 degrees for 1 more hour. Turn oven off, prop door ajar with a wooden spoon, and leave cheesecake in until the oven is completely cool. Remove foil, and refrigerate at least 12 hours - cheesecakes continue to "age" into their flavor so don't be tempted to eat it too soon!

This is a very rich, very dense, moist cheesecake. I made it with SF white chocolate chunks but next time I'd use SF milk or dark for more contrast.




Wow. That sounds and looks amazing.

Monkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Suzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,927
Gallery: Suzie
This sounds like it could become a new addiction! I will have to try it soon.
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:38 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.