Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2006, 07:05 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2Cents
Stats: 26/20/12, 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 2006
Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Hey everyone!

I read a thread some time back about chicken cordon bleu. And someone had posted a comment that they like to roll havarti cheese in a chicken breast, wrap it with a piece of bacon and cook.

I'm assuming that means it is baked in the oven? Do you suggest covering it while it cooks and then broiling to crisp the bacon?

I'm thawing the chicken breasts for dinner tonight and thought I'd try that!

Thanks for any other suggestions!

Penny
2Cents is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2006, 08:28 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbConvert
Stats: (147/120/115) 5'
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2004
I made some last night. Pounded the butterflied breasts, stuffed some of them with swiss cheese (for hubby) and some of them with scallion cream cheese (for me). Wrapped with bacon and then grilled.
I've tried sauteing them, but the cheese oozes out before the chicken is fully cooked.
I guess you could bake them. I would try 375, and start checking them after 25 minutes or so. Flash under the broiler for the final few minutes to crisp up the bacon.

Dana Carpender (in her book) says that the chicken is done when the cheese starts to ooze. That's kind of subjective, as I think it depends on how well your chicken is wrapped. Last night I used PLENTY of bacon, wrapped it up well, used plenty of toothpicks, and it worked.

It doesn't always work. I think it might be easier to put the cheese in the flattened breast, fold it over, secure w/ toothpicks, and saute. Then top it with cooked bacon later. Or something like that....

Karen

Last edited by LowCarbConvert; 02-06-2006 at 08:30 AM..
LowCarbConvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:58 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2Cents
Stats: 26/20/12, 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 2006
Thanks so much! I'm going to try it. It sounds yummy and something I think DH and my sons will like. I'll let ya know how it goes!

For your scallion cream cheese, do you just chop up some scallions and mix it with cream cheese? That sounds good, too!

Penny
2Cents is offline   Reply With Quote