Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CRosie
Stats: 266/186/150
WOE: my own low carb/sometimes lowfat plan
Start Date: May 21, 2007
Sugar Free Jello Desserts

My husband and I could never get past the aftertaste of diet jello, either Kraft Jello or Walmart house brands.

Then we found the Royal brand of gelatin - made by the same people who make Wylers diet drink mix.

The product is sweetened with a blend of aspartame and Ace K.

*It tastes just like regular sugar sweetened jello*

I've heard nasty things about aspartame, but thankfully it's only one of the sweeteners and the label says the product contains "less than 2% of the blend of aspartame, Ace K and maltodextrin".

Now that we've found something we like, we're looking to fix it up with berries.

Other ideas appreciated.

Thanks! Rosie
CRosie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2006, 12:33 AM   #2
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: SugarBabi
WOE: My Own Type Of Low Carb
Start Date: 2/12/2005
I like to top it with strawberries, whipped cream and some chopped nuts--sort of like a sundae.

I have had frozen strawberry pie before with the s/f jello, but I don't have a recipe for it. I think it was simple--jello, some hot water, strawberries and whipped cream all mixed up and frozen in little pie tins (no crust), but you could make an almond crust. Then you thaw them out about 30 minutes before serving.

I buy the royal jello cuz it's way cheaper than jello brand. It's like 3/$1 most of the time and jello is .59 cents. I eat jello nearly every day for a dessert, so you could say I'm addicted to the stuff. LOL
SugarBabi is offline   Reply With Quote