Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Cream Cheese Muffins (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/399261-cream-cheese-muffins.html)

jch 01-07-2006 02:49 PM

Cream Cheese Muffins

I just got brave enough to post a hello message in the main lobby. Mentioned my husband eats cream cheese muffins for breakfast every day, (and lost 40 lbs. or so doing this) and Sandy wanted the recipe. So here it is. Very easy, quick, and everyone loves them!

2 8oz. pks. philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 cup sweetener (I use spenda)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Soften cream cheese about 40 seconds in microwave. Add other ingredients. Beat with mixer till smooth. Pour into 12 muffin pans lined with the papers. Bake at 350 for 20 min.

I have learned so much on this site. Thanks you guys!! Joan

parrotchic 01-07-2006 02:55 PM

:welcome: to the LC board and thanks for sharing your recipe it sounds really good and easy too.

Pam in TX 01-07-2006 03:00 PM

Sounds great........... will give it a shot...........

Welcome aboard...........

jch 01-07-2006 04:29 PM

Cream cheese muffins. Forgot last step!!

When I posted the cream cheese muffins, I forgot to add sprinkle with cinnamon before baking.

Sorry guys, very new at this! :confused: Joan

5cats4me 01-07-2006 06:22 PM

Very interesting, no flour or baking powder ar anything!! Are these very light and airy? I'm trying to picture what they would look/taste like!

shawneesioux 01-07-2006 10:18 PM

Hi Joan :welcome:

Hey, we've ALL been NEW here at one time or another...and especially love people who post Recipes!

Is your recipe kinda like a Mini-cheesecake?...

Shawnee

mamagiff 01-08-2006 06:49 AM

I have a recipe similar to this - not sure exactly what mine is off the top of my head. It's always a hit when I make them. I sometimes top them with sugar free cranberry sauce! They are like a little mini cheesecake! I only make them when we're having guests because I can't leave them alone!

jch 01-08-2006 07:06 AM

Like mini cheesecakes yes.

These look wonderful when they come out of the oven. Then they sort of fall and get kind of dense like cheesecake. But nobody seems to mind lol. They have been my husband's staple every morning with his coffee for about 2 years now. When I see the empty cupcake papers on the counter, that is my cue that he is out and make some more that day please !! We wouldn't want to run out you know. lol

CarolynF 01-08-2006 07:18 AM

These sound wonderful...Might whip a 1/2 of a batch this afternoon...gotta check my
cream cheese supply.

ahowell 01-08-2006 08:06 AM

I just made a half batch...when do i get to eat??
do i have to wait til they are cool, do i need to store them in the fridge?

jch 01-08-2006 08:24 AM

Yes, cool them, then I just put them in a baggie and put them in fridge. Hubby says they are better cold. You'll have to be your own judge on that one. lol Joan

parrotchic 01-08-2006 08:37 AM

jch, I just finished making 1/2 a batch, didn't have enough cream cheese. Any how I just had 2 of them still warm. OMG these are so good I love them! They are a keeper. How many are we aloud to eat at a time? I could eat all 6 of them right now LOL.
Instead of the cinn. I sprinkled Cake Spice from Penzey Spices on top of the muffins. Very good.
These muffins are so simple to make with such big flavor. They will be easy to keep around with out slaving in the kitchen all day. :notwrthy:

jch 01-08-2006 08:46 AM

Glad you like them

I truly wonder if my husband could live without them now. lol He is not a breakfast eater, and prior to his low carb days, and at 220 lbs., he would eat pecan sandies in the morning with his coffee. You know how many sugar carbs are in those things???? So I had to come up with a sub for him, which is how these came about. I confess to not even liking cheesecake lol, but everyone who has tasted these just raves about them. I have gained so much knowledge and encouragement from this site, so wanted to give something back. So digging up some of my best LC recipes. Glad you like them!! Joan

CarolynF 01-08-2006 02:47 PM

I'm making these this afternoon...just got another package of cream cheese..and I think they would be great cold..just like cheesecake..I think for breakfast, they would
be delicious with some sugar free jam on them..:)

ahowell 01-08-2006 02:50 PM

I ate two of them warm, they were good, but much better cold right out of the fridge. I dont know about jam on them, they are very moist and kinda sticky so i don't know how the jam would work..maybe some fresh strawberries on top :love:

shawneesioux 01-08-2006 10:11 PM

Thanks Joan...for this cute little Recipe! :)

I made 24 mini-Mini ones...had a little batter left over, so I nuked that..YUM!

Here's the mini-ones...my Tweaks were: 1/4 Cup Smucker's Breakfast Syrup + 1/4 C. Splenda....on the tops, I sprinkled a combo of Cinnamon and DiabetiSweet Brown.

This is a fun recipe, and can be made in lotza flavors! YIPPIE !! :clap:

We are more breakfast "grazers'' than "real meal" eaters...so these will go great with that morning cuppa Java and the newspaper...

Shawnee

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...akemuffins.jpg

griffin 01-09-2006 04:47 AM

made these last nite yumm! i had 5 :blush: :p

5cats4me 01-09-2006 09:11 AM

okay I'm making these tonight! I LOVE CHEESECAKE!! How many carbs are in these do you think when you make 12?

Sweeteater 01-09-2006 09:31 AM

Thanks for posting the recipe!

And what a great pic! Thanks for sharing, Shawnee. This is going on my
'must try soon' recipe list. :)

Bfranke 01-09-2006 09:34 AM

Of course it will depend on your sweetener, but not counting that, I got for 12, 1.13 carbs per.
Bette

TeaLeaf 01-09-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bfranke
Of course it will depend on your sweetener, but not counting that, I got for 12, 1.13 carbs per.
Bette

Yup, that's what I got when I plugged it into ******. I'm quite excited now! The possibilities are endless!

Thank you SOOO much for sharing!

CarolynF 01-09-2006 09:55 AM

Hi,

Made these..and they are good..Friend Carol and I were talking...could you add 2 more
eggs and what would happen I wonder???????

kaywood 01-09-2006 10:43 AM

These sounds wonderful. When I plug it into ****** I get 26 total carbs making it about 2 carbs per muffin. I get 13 carbs for the 2-8 oz. pkgs cream cheese, 12 carbs for 1/2 c. Splenda and 1 carb for the two eggs.

Am I doing something wrong?

Will be picking up ingredients on my way home from work tonight! Thanks for sharing.

griffin 01-09-2006 10:56 AM

now that they are cold, i must say these are one of the tastiest cheesecakes ive ever ate, so simple! :p

BridgetAllyn 01-09-2006 11:24 AM

I tried them, too. Mine reminded me of a cheesecake custard, but I did add an additional egg yolk. I'm thinking I will make the recipe just as written next time. Thanks for the easy, tasty idea. :o)

shawneesioux 01-09-2006 12:49 PM

CarolynF...

..about adding in extra eggs: probably be a bit more "egg-y"- textured than you may want...but nothing ventured, nothing gained! :) To me, it is not quite a real "cheesecake" texture as written; its obvious that it contains eggs...but a fun Recipe to play around with for sure. :D

About the carb count...I didn't try to figure it out...but if ya use less Splenda,...prehaps use 1/4 C Splenda, plus 1/4 C your fav SF Davinci...you'll automatically drop some carbs..( or use some of the other combos of SF Sweeteners, and eliminate the Splenda entirely...)

Have fun with it,Y'all...and please post your Tweaks...

And Thanks to Joan for posting this :up:

Shawnee

TeaLeaf 01-09-2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaywood
These sounds wonderful. When I plug it into ****** I get 26 total carbs making it about 2 carbs per muffin. I get 13 carbs for the 2-8 oz. pkgs cream cheese, 12 carbs for 1/2 c. Splenda and 1 carb for the two eggs.

Am I doing something wrong?

No, that would be me! :p Forgot to figure in the Splenda. But even so, that's still a good carb count if I can control the portions!

Who went out and bought a 48 ounce package of cream cheese today? Oh! It's me!

kaywood 01-09-2006 01:21 PM

I agree TeaLeaf it's a great carb count for a tasty little morsel. Can't wait to make a batch of these.

wrenay05 01-09-2006 02:20 PM

Oh my! These are very yummy, just made a half batch. Very custardy/cheesecake like texture. I think I could get used to eating these for breakfast ;) Thanks for sharing your recipe!

TropicalSummerNite 01-10-2006 07:26 AM

Do you think these would turn out if I used Torani's syrup instead of Splenda?