Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2006, 08:24 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Antmaymay
WOE: Atkins
I love these muffins...yesterday I played with a new version...they are great!!

If you have a good brownie recipe or some packaged L/C brownie mix try this:

Make the brownie mix according to package directions (or recipe), pour into the bottom of the muffin tin (about half full or less).

Make up the cream cheese muffin mix and pour on top of the brownie mix. Fill the cup with this mixture.

Bake for the time recommended on the brownie pack or recipe. I baked mine 25 min.

These are delicious, DH couldn't stop eating them, I finally had to make him quit to have some for tomorrow.
Antmaymay is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2006, 12:56 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sher795
Stats: 200/140/130(3rd goal)
WOE: Atkins;Yogurt
Start Date: 8-30-03
Great idea! Almost afraid to try.
sher795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ItsToni
Stats: 5'9" - started@223/199/160
WOE: Atkins (over & over)
Start Date: October 21, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommie
I would love to make these like little quiches. How could I make them not sweet? If i leave out the sweetener could I add shredded cheese instead? I was thinking they could be made as mexican,or italian, or with chipped olives, etc. Do you think they would turn out OK?
I was just thinking the same thing...like little taco cheesecakes (which I have seen recipes for) made with taco seasonings, cheese, onion..whatever. I've never tried these before but am going to go make them right now!!!!
ItsToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Stevie
Stats: 245/200/?? Size 22/14-16/2-4
WOE: Low carbin again!
Start Date: Started 1/04 - off & on to present
Toni....

If you make them savory - let us know what you did and how they turned out....always looking for something different for breakfast!
Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:28 PM   #245
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosebud1
Stats: 149/138/135 5'8"
WOE: Low fat/ low carb
Start Date: October 2003
I made them with half ff cream cheese mixed with light and they were just like cheese cake . They didn't rise though.
Rosebud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:05 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie
If you make them savory - let us know what you did and how they turned out....always looking for something different for breakfast!
I've done it and I liked them really well. I've posted about it *several* times.
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #247
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Oh man, that brownie cheesecake cupcake sounds SOOOOO good!! (drooling)
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:08 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cidelsia
Stats: 261/183/145
Made these last night and filled the muffin cups half way (did 12 of them) and then I added a smidgen of Hershey's cocoa to the reamaining batter and put that on top.
Needless to say, between myself, DH and DS- they are gone.
I'm going to make more tomorrow and substiture sf chocolate raspberry Davinici's for the splenda.
Thanks Joan!
cidelsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:07 PM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cherrytt_too
Stats: 299.5/258/175
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2, 2006
I made a batch tonite with vanilla da vinci's, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice - wow did they smell goooood baking
cherrytt_too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2Cents
Stats: 26/20/12, 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 2006
So I finally got around to making these this weekend. The tweek I added was:
2 packs cream cheese
1/4 cup granulated splenda
2 eggs
1/4 cup DaVinci's White Chocolate Syrup
1 teaspoon cocoa
2 tablespoons SF Peanut butter.

Then I chopped a little bit of walnut to put on the bottom. Press the walnuts down then added the batter. The batter was thicker but they didn't sink once cooled. Baked for 18 minutes at 325. Then cooled for an hour in the oven. Then an hour on the counter. Then in to the fridge for the night.

We had them as dessert last night for dinner (we only do dessert on weekend nights). OMG....my entire family went NUTS over them---no pun intended. They were sooooooo good. My family has already asked me to make them again. My son has a birthday in two weeks and I'm going to make them along with a regular birthday cake for those that want a lighter carb option.

Just thought I'd share my successful tweek!

Penny
01/23/06 Size 24
04/27/06 Size 22
10/07/06 Size 20

Mini Goals 12/24/06 Size 18

[COLOR=Navy]*****Today is the first day of the rest of my life*****[/COLOR]
2Cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:29 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Antmaymay
I have done them with the Rasberry Davinci's, they are very good and a pretty pink color. I did not like them with the chocolate flavor.

The Kaluha flavor Davinci's made them taste like a new york style cheesecake.
Antmaymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:59 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilmama
Stats: This time around 260/223/174
WOE: High Protein and Fat Moderate Carbs
Start Date: Restarting 01/19/2008
I love the Raspberry ones too!! I was thinking of whipping up some non sweet ones with some bits of pepperoni in them for something to eat with a delicious dinner or lunch.
lilmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:01 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: megz
Stats: FAT/ -11 / 145-150 goal!!
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: 1/1/2006
crap

So, I couldn't stop thinking about these, went home, got all my ingredients, and tried to be fancy....

Well, fancy failed!

I tried to use 1/2 cup of pumpkin....They looked fabulous, BUT, they were uncooked on the insides....

Any suggestions?
megz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #254
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DASanders
Stats: 195/150/125
Start Date: February 2004
Yummy Yummy Yummy

Just wanted to say that I tried the Cream Cheese Muffins tonight. My tweak was 1/4 cup Egg Nog DaVinci's and a spritz of nutmeg in the batter and on top prior to baking.

I am truly impressed and very happy to find something easy to make, wonderfully sinful to eat, and won't make me balloon up to 900 pounds!

Thank you Joan, and everyone else who has posted their version of these nummy morsels.

Denice Sanders
Smyrna, TN
DASanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Groovycadreamr
Stats: 259.7/137/130
Start Date: OH, No not again!!!
Made for the 2nd time tonight.

My 1st batch did not look as good as they tasted. Tonights look terrific. Can't wait til morning.

Then....I went back to the kitchen, flat again. lol.

Last edited by Groovycadreamr; 03-02-2006 at 08:16 PM..
Groovycadreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #256
jch
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASanders
Just wanted to say that I tried the Cream Cheese Muffins tonight. My tweak was 1/4 cup Egg Nog DaVinci's and a spritz of nutmeg in the batter and on top prior to baking.

I am truly impressed and very happy to find something easy to make, wonderfully sinful to eat, and won't make me balloon up to 900 pounds!

Thank you Joan, and everyone else who has posted their version of these nummy morsels.

Denice Sanders
Smyrna, TN
I am just so happy so many are enjoying these. I hadn't posted before, and even forgot to say sprinkle with cinnamon before baking. lol Joan
jch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:57 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Am I the only one who likes these warm? I can't wait to eat them after they've cooled for a few minutes...I dont like them so much after they have been chilled! I need to figure out a way to make 1/6 of a recipe, lol, so that I can always eat them WARM!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BB in MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter
Am I the only one who likes these warm? I can't wait to eat them after they've cooled for a few minutes...I dont like them so much after they have been chilled! I need to figure out a way to make 1/6 of a recipe, lol, so that I can always eat them WARM!
I like them warm, also. But I like them cold too. I eat 3 mini ones everyday. My last batch I forgot about them and I baked them twice as long as I should have,

They weren't the best, but to my surprice, they were edible
BB in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 04:22 PM   #259
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DASanders
Stats: 195/150/125
Start Date: February 2004
Question about adding AS :confused:

[COLOR=Sienna]Is it okay to use a 1/2 cup DaVinci's syrup in place of the 1/4 cup granular Splenda and 1/4 cup DaVinci's Syrup? I am not not a master baker, by any stretch of the imagination, so I do not know if this would work out okay or not. I apologize if this issue has already been brouched, I couldn't locate this question on this thread.

Also, to answer the question about the muffins being flat, I think you are confusing the name with the true product. These morsels are like cheesecake and not like muffins. You will not get them to rise. Well, the "puffing" you see during baking is more related to the steam lifting the "muffins" up and they will settle when cooling. I could be wrong here, it has happened before. All I know is they are wonderfully tasty and enjoyable.

I like them warm too, but, in my opinion they are better cold.

Shutting up now,
Denice
[/COLOR]
DASanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:22 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Quote:
[COLOR=Sienna]Is it okay to use a 1/2 cup DaVinci's syrup in place of the 1/4 cup granular Splenda and 1/4 cup DaVinci's Syrup? I am not not a master baker, by any stretch of the imagination, so I do not know if this would work out okay or not. I apologize if this issue has already been brouched, I couldn't locate this question on this thread.

Also, to answer the question about the muffins being flat, I think you are confusing the name with the true product. These morsels are like cheesecake and not like muffins. You will not get them to rise. Well, the "puffing" you see during baking is more related to the steam lifting the "muffins" up and they will settle when cooling. I could be wrong here, it has happened before. All I know is they are wonderfully tasty and enjoyable.

Shutting up now,
Denice
[/COLOR]

I have used 1/2c of davincis and the muffins just werent the same...it was a while ago, so I think it made them less creamy? (I add sour cream to make them more creamy). I make mine with 1/4c of davincis and dont notice a difference. Then again, I am also one of those people who really do not like very sweet things anymore now that I have been weaned off of sugar, lol
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:48 AM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: serenity_aus
Start Date: January 2004
little variation (apologies if mentioned before, can't be bothered reading through 9 pages lol).

I sprayed the muffin tin (i actually use silicone) with a bit of olive oil then add in a bit of coconut in each (what do you call em? divot, hole, mould, muffin? lol) and swirl it around to coat all the sides of the mould. Add in your batter and when baked a) they come out easier and b) they have a slight coconut crust on them
serenity_aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anipomoni
Stats: 315+/183/155
WOE: LC. It's working!!!
Start Date: 03/05/09 for 25th time at 298
mmmm serenity sounds yummy. i made them with coconut inside (with coconut davinci too) but i'll try your way next.

as for the davinci.....i used about 1/4 cup and a couple packets of splenda. i thought it was good .

oh yeah, I love them warm TOO, jupiter!!!! they are lighter and fluffier but also less filling (could probably eat 5 of them warm).
anipomoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:41 PM   #263
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rreminator
Start Date: 2/20/06
I've made them twice using 1/2 cup da vinci raspberry syrup. They turned out a little softer and I had to eat them with a spoon. But they were yummy!
Rreminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:28 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beans
Quote:

Shutting up now,
Denice
[/COLOR]
You can, but they won't be as sweet. So far for me, the davinci syrups will flavor them, but not sweeten them. I have to add the splenda back in if I want them sweet.

Today I got the kahlua sf da vinci syrup. I'm making them next!
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:43 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 24Fan
Stats: from 2004 to 2006 lost 118 lbs. Maintaining
WOE: Atkins, low carb maintaining
Start Date: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
You can, but they won't be as sweet. So far for me, the davinci syrups will flavor them, but not sweeten them. I have to add the splenda back in if I want them sweet.

Today I got the kahlua sf da vinci syrup. I'm making them next!
I did it with 1/4 cup davinci's and a teasp or so of Fiberfit, to cut carbs. These weren't extra sweet but sweet enough for me.
24Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:38 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sher795
Stats: 200/140/130(3rd goal)
WOE: Atkins;Yogurt
Start Date: 8-30-03
I used entire 1/2 cup of Cherry DaVincis and thought they were plenty sweet. Delicious!
sher795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:31 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LESSOFME
Stats: 20/12/10 5'10"
Start Date: restart 1/03/11
Wow this thread is HUGE!!

I've made 3 batches now, gone out and bought 2 new muffin pans (a mini and a new large), and ordered more DaVinivis! I love this stuff!!

I have to say though that I don't like them warm but LOVE them frozen. Kind of tastes like ice cream and the wrappers don't stick.

Thanks jch for this recipe!! Glad you weren't afraid to post being new - look at what you started!!
LESSOFME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:22 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pommie
Stats: 158/125/120
Start Date: March 2002
For those who like them savory, I made them two ways. I added parmesan cheese and sundried tomatoes for italian. They were really good. Also I bought the frozen Friday's spinach/artichoke dip, defrosted it in the microwave and then added it to the basic recipe minus the sugar of course and baked as usual. they were so good I took them to a party as an appetizer and everybody loved them. They are so easy too.
pommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:10 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BB in MN
Pommie,
How much cheese and sun dried tomatoes did you add?
Did you use just one package of the frozen Friday's spinach/artichoke dip? (love that stuff)

Thanks for sharing
Beth
BB in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:39 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pommie
Stats: 158/125/120
Start Date: March 2002
I added about 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Didn't really measure. For the sundried tomatoes, I bought them in a jar with oil and I just chopped up about 3 or 4 of them. I added the entire pack of Friday's dip to a full recipe of the cheesecakes. Try them - I think you'll like them. They were good hot and cold. There are so many different ways you can make these. I love them.
pommie is offline   Reply With Quote