Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2007, 11:06 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LadyN
Stats: 299/232/130
WOE: Atkins 72/IF/dairy free
Start Date: 08/20/2012 Restart
cool recipe! I am trying the savory ones today!
LadyN is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RhondaC
Stats: 5'9" 240.5/228.8/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/1/14
This may have been brought up in the last 13 pages, but I didn't have time to read them all. I wonder if I could add a scoop or two of of my Vanilla Whey protein powder to the batter before baking? Has anyone tried this?
RhondaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ajcav062197
Stats: 199/190 (5'5.5")
Start Date: 4/2/11
Did anyone have trouble with portion control on these? I made a half batch and ate them all in a day.

AJ
ajcav062197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:52 AM   #364
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Yes I definitely do. I have to freeze the batch and then take out a serving or I will binge on these. Portion control is one of my personal demons.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:18 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Candid
Start Date: August 2002
I didn't have room to put everything back in the ice chest when I left my mother's house Monday. So I had to leave my last two cream cheese muffins. I didn't think my mom would want them so I told her to throw them away. My step dad(he's diabetic) said "I'll eat them!". My mom said he really liked them, and told her you gotta taste these...look at what she eats for diet food!!!
Candid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:54 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JennyKitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommie View Post
I would love to make these like little quiches. How could I make them not sweet? If i leave out the sweetener could I add shredded cheese instead? I was thinking they could be made as mexican,or italian, or with chipped olives, etc. Do you think they would turn out OK?

Mmmmm....or with shredded cheese, ham, sliced green onions, maybe a little salsa mixed in......or with sliced pepperoni, chopped mushrooms, chopped green bell pepper, chopped onion, olives...

Last edited by JennyKitty; 06-10-2007 at 07:58 PM..
JennyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:00 AM   #367

Gallery: ChristiansMom
Stats: :( :| :)
WOE: HFLC
Oh these sound wonderful! I've made beachgirl's cheesecake in the past and cut it into squares with a little SF Strawberry Jam on top and they were delicious - even my teen son was eating them when I wasn't paying attention!

I can't wait to try these muffin ones!!

I just have one question:

Do you think it would be o.k. to use the "Whipped" Cream Cheese in the tub instead? Would I maybe need to mix it less? I do not have any regular block CC but I have a tub of the whipped that I need to find a use for. What do you all think?
in the origin of your Light.
Matthew 5:14-16

ChristiansMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:24 AM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
Start Date: September 2000
I think it would work as long as the ounces were the same.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:14 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JennyKitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristiansMom View Post
Do you think it would be o.k. to use the "Whipped" Cream Cheese in the tub instead? Would I maybe need to mix it less? I do not have any regular block CC but I have a tub of the whipped that I need to find a use for. What do you all think?
You could certainly try, but I think they may have a less-dense and compact consistency, maybe, because so much air is beaten into whipped cream cheese? And everyone here is right - they are WONDERFUL eaten cold.
JennyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:35 AM   #370
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Does anyone know if these are legal for phase 1 of the South Beach Diet? How about phase 2? Thanks!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:14 PM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pegbord
Stats: 175.8/128.8/111
WOE: hcg/Simeons
Start Date: sept 2009 - maint round Mar 1, 2011
OMG, gotta try these today!!! I dont have philly brand cream cheese - read a couple of pages ago that if it's not philly, wont turn out right. Also, not a splenda fan, any idea how much stevia I could use as a substitute??

Thanks Joan!!
pegbord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:37 AM   #372
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WHITEHOT
Stats: 285.5/275/170--I'm 5'9"
Start Date: June 9, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegbord View Post
OMG, gotta try these today!!! I dont have philly brand cream cheese - read a couple of pages ago that if it's not philly, wont turn out right. Also, not a splenda fan, any idea how much stevia I could use as a substitute??

Thanks Joan!!
I have spent quite a while reading through this whole thread and I didn't see anywhere that it had to be Philly cream cheese? In fact I think someone said she uses the 1/3 lower fat kind. I believe it was mentioned if you use the lower fat one it is softer....could be wrong

I have issues with my oven but tried this recipe tonight. I wanted to use my mini muffin tin but since back surgery (3 years ago) I have a real hard time using the oven (I can't bend effectively enough to put food in or take out of oven) so I don't bake much and apparently my kids have lost my mini tin.

I have a smaller (older) regular muffin pan so I used it and ended up with enough to make 15 muffins. I put 12 in the pan and the rest I heated in the microwave then cooled in the freezer while I waited for the oven to finish.

I tried the microwaved portion after it cooled and it was really good, hope the rest is!

My oven runs hotter than it should, I love making home made bread (something I have given up so that I can have a hope at possibly losing weight) and it took me several messed up hard brick like loaves before I figured out how to adjust the heat for bread, not sure I figured it out for these though! The tops were dark brown but they seemed almost custardy in texture as I put them in baggies before I went to bed.

Still, I am happy as can be that I ran across this thread!!
WHITEHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:48 AM   #373

Gallery: ChristiansMom
Stats: :( :| :)
WOE: HFLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversunfire View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"] I made 1 batch using Philly cream Cheese and they were WONDERFUL! Then I used the store brand for the 2nd batch and they were awful!! [/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jch View Post
Yep, they only seem to taste right with the Philly cream cheese. Also they are much better after they cool in the fridge for a while. Joan
WhiteHot - I think these are the two comments pegbord was referring to from Page 12 of this thread.

After reading this thread, I decided I HAD to make a batch myself. I used the Whipped Philly Cream Cheese and I set them on the counter for about an hour before I started making them. I also skipped the nuking them part at the beginning since I figured the CC being whipped already wouldn't require me to nuke it to make it soft. I added the splenda - then beat the eggs and vanilla seperately before adding to the CC & Splenda bowl. Lightly mixed them until everything was well blended. Lined a 12 Muffin Tin with Paper Liners that I sprayed with Pam first. Then I crushed up some walnuts and sliced almonds and placed a little bit in the bottom of each paper cup. Filled with the Cheesecake Mixture and then topped all but 3 of them with SF Smucker's Strawberry Jam. The last three I sprinkled with Pumpkin Pie Spice. I baked them for almost 20 minutes then turned off the oven and opened the door a little. Let them sit for 1 hour and they were perfect! They didn't fall at all. I had to taste one while they were still a little warm and it was good but I know tomorrow they are going to be amazing. I placed them in the refrigerator and my son has already informed me that he wants one for breakfast. They tasted pretty much like cheesecake to me even though I used the Whipped Cream Cheese. I did add an extra spoonful of the CC to the mix "just in case". I can't wait to try one tomorrow!

*I just wish the stupid Splenda wouldn't make the tip of my tongue feel numb!*
ChristiansMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:43 AM   #374
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WHITEHOT
Stats: 285.5/275/170--I'm 5'9"
Start Date: June 9, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristiansMom View Post
WhiteHot - I think these are the two comments pegbord was referring to from Page 12 of this thread.

OOPs, I guess after reading the multiple posts in the beginning of the thread (back 3 months earlier) from ppl who were using other variations I missed that or I assumed the difference was more likely due to cooking times and not brands of cc.

I used Western Family brand cc and they are great this morning (just got up and I'm eating one for breakfast right now) and they are great. I think the tops of mine look a lot like the first pic I saw of these (many many pages back) instead of the later pics that were paler and more cheesecake looking but the "muffin" is definately a cheesecake!

Cheesecake is one of the things that got me an extra 35# since my hysterectomy in December. I found a 70 oz new york cheesecake for $8.89 in our local grocery store's freezer case (restaurant and institution part). This one is the same that local restaurants are charging $3 each so I took advantage of the bargain a bit too much!

Now I can have one of these instead.

In mine I used the recipe as it was written in the first post and I think they are too sweet. I had large eggs in the fridge and bought a box of medium eggs and we put them side by side and they were the EXACT same size so I guess I used 2 medium eggs and I put a pan of water on the rack below these while they were cooking, that was the only thing I did different.--unless you count not splitting it into exactly 12 muffins (I used a heaping Tbs in each tin)

Next time I'll put in a little less splenda. These are MUCH better than the cheesecake recipe I tried from my Atkins book.
WHITEHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:35 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
went crazy looking for this recipe couldnt find it in a search or in the sticky forums and is on p9 so I am bumping it up.
soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:41 PM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pamk
WOE: Atkins, Shut my mouth
Start Date: Too many times to mention
Craving peanut butter today-added 1/4 teaspoon of the PNB LorAnns. Turned out great without the extra pnb calories. Also topped with sf chocolate chips from Dixie Diner-very good.
pamk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PhillyTwinsMom
WOE: LowCarb & Patience
Start Date: It's a fresh start everyday...!
OH...I have made these before.

I used 1/2 the recipe and made 12 in my mini muffin cups.
I added some sour cream, put pumpkin pie spice in the mix, used gingerbread davinci's syrup and sprinkled the top with a little cinnamon.

They turned out really great.
With the combo I used, I believe the total batch was less than 10 carbs. The size works great for me with portion control. I will just grab one or two at a time. Like others said, this is a very hefty treat. It does not take much to fill you up.

Philly~
Old 07-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #378

Gallery: Kevinpa
Stats: 230/160/165
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Start Date: May 2005
I did the 1/2 recipe tonight in the mini muffin pan and added 1 T. of Jok n Al pineapple fruit spread. Yummo!! mini pineapple cheesecakes.
Kevinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Itsanewme
Stats: 322/145/143-147
WOE: Weight Watchers/ Lower Carbs WLS 10/02
Start Date: Restarted 3/1/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinpa View Post
I did the 1/2 recipe tonight in the mini muffin pan and added 1 T. of Jok n Al pineapple fruit spread. Yummo!! mini pineapple cheesecakes.
Kevin,

Did you add the pineapple spread to the batter and bake or use it as a topping? Either way they sound devine!
Itsanewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:09 PM   #380
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
bump
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:51 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brittanilh
Stats: 220/218/140/5'2"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Start 7/30/2012
I made these 2 days ago and they are very very good. I made a whole batch and substituted the splenda with strawberry davincis. I put 1 cup of fresh whole strawberries in the blender, blended them up and used that as my topping. YUMMY! I turned off the oven at 18 minutes and then let them sit in there for about 30 minutes. They came out perfect! The only thing I will do different next time is use 1 egg instead of 2 because they were a bit eggy to me. Still good though! I'm so glad I found this thread!

Starting date: 7/30/2012
Starting weight: 218 lbs
Short term goal: 199 lbs

Making a lifestyle change is hard - the results of that change is going to be 100% priceless! ~ Me!
brittanilh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nikki2777
ChristiansMom...
I have to ask you this, in your post you mentioned that you added S/F Smuckers Strawberry Jam to each muffin.

I haven't made these yet and I'm not really much of a baker, but I have to ask... Is the S/F jam added to the muffins before you bake them?

After reading all the pages on the muffins, someone mentioned that after cooling the center drops or indents a little. I thought then you would add something in the center of the muffin.

Again, sorry to ask such a dumb question, but I want to do it right.

Thanks,
Nikki
Nikki2777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanilh View Post
I made these 2 days ago and they are very very good. I made a whole batch and substituted the splenda with strawberry davincis. I put 1 cup of fresh whole strawberries in the blender, blended them up and used that as my topping. YUMMY! I turned off the oven at 18 minutes and then let them sit in there for about 30 minutes. They came out perfect! The only thing I will do different next time is use 1 egg instead of 2 because they were a bit eggy to me. Still good though! I'm so glad I found this thread!

They are not eggy after you refrigerate overnight.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:24 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: clyde
Stats: 167/118/110 Height 5'6"
Start Date: Restart 12/07/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanilh View Post
They came out perfect! The only thing I will do different next time is use 1 egg instead of 2 because they were a bit eggy to me. Still good though! I'm so glad I found this thread!
I have always just added one egg...and they come out perfect every time.
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:12 AM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brittanilh
Stats: 220/218/140/5'2"
Start Date: Start 7/30/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
They are not eggy after you refrigerate overnight.
Maybe it's my tastebuds or something but even after 2 or 3 days they still tasted eggy. I have to admit though, that I tried one after it cooled and before I refridgerated it and maybe that's why the taste stayed on me. I did make another batch yesterday though with only 1 egg and OMG! They are to die for! I'll be making mine with only one egg from now on! These are great AND they haven't stalled me at all!!
brittanilh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:24 PM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dixie Barkley
Bump
Dixie Barkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dbunny
Stats: 5'10"
WOE: Atkins ~ HCG
bump
dbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:59 PM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PalmTreeGal
Stats: 181/123/115 @ 5'2
WOE: LC eclectic
Thanks for the bumps, I had been meaning to try these. I made them using the original recipe with 1/2 Splenda Quick Pack. Also put some Carb Counters choc chips on half of them. They were yummy out of the oven and FABULOUS this morning. Unfortunately they aroused the sleeping dragon though. I did something I haven't done since I started Atkins - I got up in the middle of the night to eat some! I used to do that when we had cookies or ice cream in the house. Then I polished off the full batch today. I feel physically lousy from working a 24-hour night shift Saturday/Sunday, and I think my resistance to bad habits is low.

So - I love 'em, DH likes them, but I won't be making them again until I figure out a system whereby I can avoid eating all of them!

My 2010 Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...0-journey.html
PalmTreeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmTreeGal View Post
Thanks for the bumps, I had been meaning to try these. I made them using the original recipe with 1/2 Splenda Quick Pack. Also put some Carb Counters choc chips on half of them. They were yummy out of the oven and FABULOUS this morning. Unfortunately they aroused the sleeping dragon though. I did something I haven't done since I started Atkins - I got up in the middle of the night to eat some! I used to do that when we had cookies or ice cream in the house. Then I polished off the full batch today. I feel physically lousy from working a 24-hour night shift Saturday/Sunday, and I think my resistance to bad habits is low.

So - I love 'em, DH likes them, but I won't be making them again until I figure out a system whereby I can avoid eating all of them!
I agree these are evil-they are the debil! I end up eating the whole batch over the course of a day! Don't make these too often as I can't control myself.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:29 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PalmTreeGal
Stats: 181/123/115 @ 5'2
WOE: LC eclectic
What was the final verdict on whether these are freezable? It would help me with portion control.
PalmTreeGal is offline   Reply With Quote