Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2005, 03:09 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shawneesioux
Stats: 170/128 Maintaining since Aug. 2001. Young 62 Y.O
WOE: just Low Carb my own style
Start Date: 01/30/01
Ta-Da !!!

...got my fork, napkin, coffee cup...plane ticket...good to go! When's Dessert Time???

Char's Nut Spice Bundt, all dressed up

*peep* - *peep*

Shawnee
shawneesioux is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2005, 03:13 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DANG!..its fuzzy...will try to fix it when I get back, DH is yelling Let's GO!

Shawnee
Old 12-17-2005, 03:16 PM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawneesioux
Ta-Da !!!

*peep* - *peep*

Shawnee

LOL, Shawnee... you're too funny!!
I have some Kona and some Sumatra coffee that I can bring!
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 04:08 PM   #64
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: LCRedhead
Stats: Total Lost 9.5
WOE: SS
Start Date: Aug. 22, 2008
Can I come too
LCRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 04:49 PM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCRedhead
Can I come too
[COLOR=Red]Penny!!!!!! You're BACK!!!!! WB girlfriend!!!! [/COLOR]
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:50 PM   #66
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
You guys are ALL welcome, but you'll have to fight DH to get any of that cake! LOL! Although he CAN be bribed with a good cuppa Joe.........

Char
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:03 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

..finally Home from the Paul Bunyan expedition... the Tree was subdued, slain, and hastily dispached home....LOL, anyhoo.. DH cut that hummer down, and its now in the house, behaving itself

OK, back to the pressing business of correcting Char's Masterpiece Cake Pic
(sorry bout the fuzzy-wuzzy one, Char)

Pami
Would ya keep Char's DH distracted with that aromatic java...so I can snatch that cake and run?!!...
I will share, I will share, I will share...promise

Hi Penny...pack your fork...gotta fend off Char's DH!

the REAL cake will now appear; Applause please....

Shawnee

Last edited by shawneesioux; 12-17-2005 at 08:28 PM..
Old 12-23-2005, 04:55 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Davian
Stats: 245 / 142 now - rather 135
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 02/24/04
Just wanted to say Thank You Charski for the Spice Nut Bundt Cake......DH thought it was DIVINE! (I unfortunately have a terrible head cold - no tastebuds yet). Said it was one of the best I've made to date. I made it in a 9" Castle pan - baked for 60 mins. Excellent texture, appearance, smell and taste. Great holiday cake and looks the part as well. My 3 yr old DD "helped" and thought the batter "tastes pretty good." Guess I have a new holiday tradition! This is a MUST have recipe.
Davian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:26 PM   #69
Gadget Gal

Davian, glad your DH approved! I can't take credit for anything but TWEAKS though, Shawnee gets the big applause.

BTW I am gonna make the lemon version again to take to my Dad's on Christmas. Nobody else there does LC and I am NOT gonna tell them it IS! LOL! I bet they all love it.

I'm not gonna do the filling though, just extra cream cheese icing this time around.

Char
Old 12-23-2005, 07:20 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Davian
Geez, sure hope ya get those Tastebuds functioning soon! ...to better appreciate Char's cake

Char
Don'cha just love how the Tweaks and ideas are going along...like Dominoes in an earthquake...LOL

The real Credit goes to the origional pound cake maker....JackiCWA ...she started the ball rolling, and we all ran with it.

Shawnee
Old 12-29-2005, 05:55 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Ok now that we're having so much fun with our Bundt pans - any other recipes to try out. Chocolate perhaps?
I finally got to taste the Spice Nut Cake and just about died - it was so amazing! Going to try Lemon next. The texture and everything is just perfect. Not too experienced with Bundt pan baking but I follow instructions well - just point me in the right direction LOL. I'd love to have a few good recipes to cover the bases. I don't remember my pre low carb cakes ever tasting this good.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:53 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Davian...

I played with my Bundt pan today

Made a Chocolate version; it had small air pockets inside, and on the outside of the cake too...READY to learn from my mistakes ? I usually fill the pan with batter, then hold it up above the counter a few inches ..and drop it a couple times! With a thick batter, this forces the air bubbles out...LOL, I was so busy "inventing" that I forgot to do it!

When I get in these moods, I usually don't have everything (ingredients) that I really need...but there's that "wanna do it now" thing...so...

..only have 4 eggs? No problem, use some sour cream, or mayo...LOL..with sour cream and fewer eggs, add in some baking soda...see, this is how a nut's mind works.. ...Oh, I have some unsweetened Baker's chocolate, I'll try some Drizzle with it....

LOL, also got in such a hurry, I didn't wait for the cake to be completely cooled before adding the Drizzle...so of course it kinda melted...so that's my Mistake #2 ...(but DH thought it looked "cool"..all puddled around the base of the cake...go figure...)

Anyhoo...NO recipe is carved in stone, there's always room for Tweaks and improvements...but here's what I came up with today, using what I had in the kitchen (Pride won't let me make a time-wasting trip to the store when I want something NOW!)

Important thing is, the taste is darn good...and I expect it to be even better after it "ages" by tomorrow.

(you'll need more Sweeteners in the Choc version, to offset the Cocoa bitterness)

Chocolate Bundt

Preheat oven to 350*. Brush a 10" Bundt pan with melted butter

DRY:
2 cups Carbquik
1/2 cup Vital Wheat Gluten
1/2 cup Brown Diabetisweet
1/2 cup Erythritol
1/4 tsp Stevia (or more, to your preference)
2 pkts SweetOne
3/4 cup Cocoa
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
1/4 tsp. black Pepper (optional)
Mix together in small bowl and set aside.

WET:
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup Sour Cream
4 extra lg. eggs
3/4 to 1 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup sf Davinci (Choc, Raspberry, Toffee...Caramel, or whatever)
1 cup melted and cooled unsalted butter (2 sticks)

Optional: sf Choc chips sound good! (boo hoo, I didn't have any)

Beat eggs, cream, vanilla, syrup, sour cream, and butter together with an electric mixer on low speed til blended; then beat on High 3 minutes.

On Low speed, gradually beat in dry ingredients; then beat on High 2 minutes. (TASTE-TEST here; need more Sweeteners?...last chance to add 'em) Fold in choc. chips if using... and pour into prepared bundt pan.

Bake at 350* for approximately 50-55 minutes. Test for doneness using a long wooden pick.

When done, remove from oven to cooling rack for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a cake platter and let cool thoroughly.

Drizzle:
1/2 cup sf DaVinci (I used Raspberry)
3 oz unsweetened Baker's chocolate
combo of sweeteners to equal bout 1/3 cup (taste-test this when adding into the melted choc!)

Break up the Bakers Choc into the 1/2 cup Davinci..Nuke til choc is nearly melted...stir to smooth, then add Sweeteners to personal sweet level preference
WAIT (unlike me) til the cake is completely cool, then drizzle the Drizzle over the top

Shawnee

Last edited by shawneesioux; 12-30-2005 at 07:00 PM..
Old 12-30-2005, 07:29 PM   #73
Gadget Gal

Oh holy moly - that looks DIVINE! LOL!! I gotta try that but it will be a little while - DH needs to re-induct and I promised to do that with him. Makes it easier, dontcha know...I don't want to fix TWO different meals and I surely wouldn't eat, say, half a yam in front of him while he can't have it, or a glass of wine, or whatever. It won't hurt me any regardless.

I DID make the lemon version again for Christmas dinner - I did NOT do the filling this time, I put grated fresh lemon zest into the batter, I used lemon EXTRACT instead of the lemon OIL I used the first time - and the icing was divine, cream cheese, sweetener, fresh lemon juice, vanilla, and lemon extract, plus a little grated fresh zest, whipped with enough heavy cream to make it kinda fluffy. Well, it still "hardens up" with refrigeration, but it's very easy to spread.

Everyone loved it, LC and non-LC alike. It's the best one I've made so far!

Davian, the directions on my brand-new, NONstick bundt pan say to brush it with melted butter before filling! I do that with the melted butter I use for the cake - just filch a bit of it on a pastry brush and make sure to brush it evenly in all the nooks and crannies. I set that aside while I mix up the batter. The cake turns out of the pan PERFECTLY!

This is just the BEST LC cake recipe I've ever made. And I've made quite a few!

Char

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Old 12-30-2005, 08:36 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Shawneesioux - words can not describe how beautiful that cake is - do you cook for a living? You put such detail into it.

Charski - I have a castle bundt pan and I took your advice about the butter - not one single crumb stuck to the pan.

Wow I can't wait to try this one!!!! This is the most amazing cake recipe I've ever made - it makes the others seem so elementary. Gosh these recipes have come a long, long way.

The recipe looks good but paired up the the pictures...it becomes a take action situation. Not just some recipe you're "going to get to someday." On a good note, despite making all this stuff over the holiday - I some how lost 5 lbs. go figure (been the same weight for over a year).
Old 12-30-2005, 11:49 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Char and Davian

Gotta tella y'all...after some hours passed, the Drizzle solidified (a good thing)...and the flavors, sweeteners intensified (also good!) I'm a HAPPY CAMPER with this trial run.

Char ..wish my DH was an LCer...well, he sorta is, by osmossis...LOL..I make LC foods, he chows down on 'em...plus the carby stuff he thinks he has to have now and then. (ya know, the token baked spud, etc)
Bless your heart for joining yours in Induction
Your Divine Lemon Icing sure sounds devine!

Yeah Ladies....I think we're on to a good thing with these basic (plus tweaks) cake recipes.

Davian ..WOW, just looka you! FIVE LBS DOWN, Congrats!
Nah, I'm not a cook....about a zillion years back, when faced with the expenses of $$$$ Bridal Shower and Wedding and other "event" cakes...decided I'd rather do it myself..(call me cheap and artistic )....so I bought Wilton books and got into the DIY fancy baking.

Glad ya like the Show & Tell Pics...I love to see them by others too.

Char

I ran across a Pumpkin-Sour Cream Bundt recipe (it has a filling, which could be left out)
Anyhoo, I've been dinking around with LCing it...haven't tried it yet...
would you look it over, and offer any suggestions? TIA !

Shawnee

PUMPKIN-SOUR CREAM BUNDT

Streusel center filling:
1/2 cup DiabetiSweet brown sugar
2 TBLS CQ
1 tsp Molasses
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
2 teaspoons butter
4 oz soft cream cheese

Cake:
2 cups CQ
˝ cup V W Gluten
1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie spice
1 ˝ teaspoons baking soda

1 1/2 cups Sweeteners equivalent (combo works best)
1 cup butter , softened
4 large eggs
1 cup Pumpkin
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
(if batter is entirely too thick, thin with cream)

PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Butter bundt pan.

FOR STREUSEL Filling : COMBINE brown sugar, CQ, molasses, cinnamon and allspice in small bowl. Cut in butter and cream cheese until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.

FOR BATTER: COMBINE CarbQuik, Spices, and baking soda in medium bowl. Set aside.

Beat Sweeteners and butter in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin, sour cream and vanilla extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture.

TO ASSEMBLE: SPOON half of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle Streusel Filling over batter, not allowing Streusel to touch sides of pan. Top with remaining batter. Make sure batter layer touches edges of pan.

BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes in pan on wire rack. Invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with Glaze.

FOR GLAZE/DRIZZLE: COMBINE 1 tsp Orange extract and maybe 1 TBLS orange zest and 1 TBLS lemon zest with 4 oz softened Cream cheese, enough heavy cream to thin... and enough Sweeteners to thrill ya.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:52 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Okay, this might NOT be the place as all these lovelies are in a bundt pan. . .

But. . .how about a tweek to make my cousin's (he'd diabetic) favorite, tres leche cake. The base cake sounds like it would be the ticket.

If you aren't familiar with it, a sheet cake has holes punched in it with cream, evaporated milk, and sweetened condensed milk poured on to the cake. Sometimes with merengue on that.

My problem is that when I made the Legal brand milk. . .with Media Creme and polyd and sweeteners, it caramalized. . .well, the color changed to brown.

Anyone else have the problem?

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by magnamater; 12-31-2005 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: add some more info
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:01 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Magnamater - here's the Tres Leches Cake in the low carb way:

Tres Leches Cake

Ingredients:

CAKE
6 large egg whites
Splenda or sweetener to equal 1/2 cup sugar
6 large egg yolks
1 cup almond flour

CREAM
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup brandy or...
1/4 cup Davinci's flavor of your choice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

TOPPING
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 packets splenda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cocoa or shaved chocolate (optional)
chopped pecans (optional)

I also added cinnamon into the cream and used Davinci's caramel syrup in place of the brandy.

I also sprinkled cocoa powder on top to add some chocolate flavor. Also, some chopped pecans are DELCIOUS sprinkled on the whipped cream and I prefer it that way.

FOR CAKE:
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease and flour 9-inch springform pan.

BEAT egg whites and sweetener in large mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Combine egg yolks and remaining sweetener in medium bowl; beat until light yellow in color. Fold egg white mixture and almond flour alternately into egg yolk mixture. Pour into prepared pan.

BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until just golden and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven to wire rack.

FOR CREAM:
COMBINE cream, brandy or Davinci's syrup and vanilla extract in medium bowl; stir well. Prick top of cake thoroughly with wooden pick. Pour 2 cups cream over cake. Spoon excess cream from side of pan over top of cake. Let stand for 30 minutes or until cake absorbs cream. Remove side of pan.

FOR TOPPING:
BEAT cream, splenda or sweetener and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Spread over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle cocoa powder or shaved chocolate and chopped pecans on top if you want. Serve immediately.

TIPS:

You must prick the cake while it is hot and make sure you do it well. The cream will not absorb into the cake if you don't and it will be hard.

This is really high calorie so proceed with caution - LOL.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:05 AM   #78
Gadget Gal

Shawnee, oooo-eeeeeeeeee that pumpkin version sounds really good! It actually looks good to me as-is - might be worth a tweakless try first anyway.

It won't be me that tries it for a while though at least! So I'm looking forward to pictures and notes for possible improvement!

Char
Old 12-31-2005, 11:04 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
What splendid recipes and photos. Thanks to all of you.
I did want to post one little warning. I made the delicious spice cake and it truly was wonderful ( thanks for that recipe). I bought the brown diabetiSweet. I usually sub a mixture of Splenda, erythritol, and SweetOne for my sugar mixture. This time I used the DiabetiSweet and my stomach got terribly ill. So did one of my guests. The night sounded like fireworks going off under the sheets with many many trips to the bathroom.

I didn't realize I was so sensitive to isomalt. The package does warn about this however.

Okay, it was probably my fault in the first place. It was SO good, that I had two nice sized slices. If I had stuck to one piece, who knows.

But from now on when I make this lovely cake, I will use the previous mixture I used with a tsp of blackstrap molasses.

I just wanted to give a warning in case others are sensitive.

All these recipes are just fabulous.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:23 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Daivan
Thanks for the Tres Leches Cake recipe for Magnamater, I was totally clueless ...having never laid an eyeball on that kind of cake...Sounds delicious!

Magnamater ...any of the previous Bundt recipes can be done in whatever kinds of pans ya prefer...a Loaf pan would take about the same amount of baking time,.. but flat, wider pans would bake faster.
As an alternative to the almond flour, I might do something like the basic CQ Pound Cake recipe in a 9 x 12...then use Davian's recipe for the CREAM and TOPPING.....(just thinking out loud)

Char
I hear ya, Gal...that Choc cake is going into the freezer! I really would love for someone to try the Pumpkin one and post about it...HEY, my neighbor JackiCWA is a Pumpkin FREAK!...if she's not sworn off cakes after Christmas, maybe she'll do it! I'll bribe her with some of my Chocolate cake....
If she does it, expect changes ...'cause she loves butchering up a recipe more than I do.

sungoddess
So true ! DiabetiSweet does really hit some folks hard. ..and others not at all.
One of those ingredients we need to start slowly with, using a little at a time. I made up a cake for a Brunch at non-LC relatives...it was NOT totally LC, to avoid the problem you mentioned...and Sorry y'all had that experience!

Hope everyone has a great New Year 2006 ...and wondering how much more we will advance in our LC baking by the 2007 New Year.

Shawnee
Old 12-31-2005, 05:37 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

I made the chocolate bundt (sadly can't eat any today - had last piece of Gingerbread). It turned out beautifully. I waited til it cooled completely and I used slightly less than 1/2 cup of raspberry Davinci and it still ran down the cake. It's actually a good look for the cake. If that's not what you want, I think you'd need to use even less Davinci's to get a thicker drizzle to start off with.

Do you need to refrigerate this one? I'm thinking it will have to be eventually since it's so many servings and there are only 2 of us.

For anyone looking for a "special occassion" cake - any of these are it but the chocolate has a truly decadent appearance.

So dying to try this cake, never added cinnamon or pepper to cake before - curious to see how it tastes. I also used Special Dark cocoa so it's very dark. The batter was unbelievable - I could've just eaten that.

If the beginning of 2006 is any indication, I can't even imagine how 2007 could top it. Wondering now what other "favorites" this group is making - particularly for dinner. For breakfast, I found Muffin Top Danishes by CarolynF 6 months ago and if you haven't made them - they are great. I am making them the official Christmas morning breakfast dish (To make 6, I added 2 Tbsp almond flour to batter and topped them with homemade brandy chocolate pieces). Excellent.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:44 PM   #82
Gadget Gal

Link! Link!! Where's the link to that one, Davian?? [drooling on keyboard]

I can't wait to try the chocolate one myself. I bet you could use orange DV in that glaze too, or kahlua DV, or coconut and then sprinkle it with unsweetened dried flaked coconut and pecans or....

OK, I'll stop now!

Char
Old 12-31-2005, 05:55 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

This is originally CarolynF's recipe - I just adjusted a touch:

Muffin Top Danish

1 cup or 8 oz. Friendship Cottage Cheese or small curd style
3 eggs
3 Tbsp granular Splenda
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp ground almonds

Preheat oven to 350 and spray all six muffin top slots with non-stick spray.
Put all of the above in magic bullet for 30 seconds or just mix on high speed for 1 to 2 minutes. Pour evenly into pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile...

Filling:
3 oz. softened cream cheese
1 packet splenda
1/2 tsp lemon extract
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Davinci's (I use Toasted Marshmallow)

Mix well with small whisk and set aside until buzzer goes off. When it does take a spatula and carefully flip each danish and spoon on a tbsp of the cheese mixture and spread it nicely across the danish. From here, you can stop or add a teaspoon of lc jam (any flavor) or chopped lc chocolate pieces (I make my own). Put back in the oven for 5 minutes. Then remove and serve immediately. Personally, I eat 2 to 3 for breakfast. Such a great change from eggs.

Enjoy!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:02 PM   #84
Gadget Gal

THANKS! I'll have to give that a try after reinduction!

Char
Old 12-31-2005, 09:32 PM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Davian

Busy little Baker, you!
YAY! Glad you're so happy with the "truly decadent appearance" of your Chocolate Bundt....Now, just hoping that the flavors meet your expectations when ya sample it. Probably a good thing you are waiting til tomorrow; mine was even better the next day.
I'd say Refrigerate, why take chances?
The Cinnamon and Black Pepper options...well...they compliment the chocolate...may not even really taste them, but they act as flavor enhancers...and when using Carbquik, I want all the "masking" flavors I can get!
Any Tweak ideas, we wanna hear about 'em..OK?

Char ! Down, Girl ! Sit ! Stay !...wipe the drool of your chin...
Crank up your Printer, these recipes will surely last longer than your Induction period. (I had turkey and spinach for dinner...feel better?)

Shawnee

Last edited by shawneesioux; 12-31-2005 at 09:34 PM..
Old 01-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

I finally got a picture of my castle bundt pan. This is a 9" pan and I used the same amount of batter and added just 5 minutes to the baking time. Perfect.

I have a shot with the drizzle but you totally lose the castle look so I didn't post it.

Old 01-01-2006, 10:58 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian
I finally got a picture of my castle bundt pan. This is a 9" pan and I used the same amount of batter and added just 5 minutes to the baking time. Perfect.

I have a shot with the drizzle but you totally lose the castle look so I didn't post it.
That is gorgeous!! You guys take great food pictures!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
Davian,have you tried it yet? I want to make this but want someone to taste test it first.
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:49 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Just had a piece as we speak - it's amazing. It's very moist, soft, light and fluffy but still has the density of a pound cake. Very, very chocolately (especially if you use Special Dark cocoa) with a beautiful raspberry aroma (very trufflelike). The Gingerbread (Charski's Spice Nut Bundt) one stayed in the refrigerator for a week - it's gets stiff b/c of the butter. Just simply slice a piece and put in microwave for 8 to 10 seconds and it becomes just as fresh and tasty as the first day. I also put a piece of aluminum foil on the open sliced end while it stays in the refrigerator - keeps the cake from actually drying out. If you don't want to make the chocolate drizzle, I'd suggest topping the slice with some whipped cream or the cream cheese frosting from Charski's or Shawneesioux's cakes - always delicious. You could even add some chocolate shavings to the plate to make it truly decorative.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:00 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Need to finish the chocolate bundt first but I just got a brand new Calphalon jelly roll pan. Anybody have a really good recipe and tips to make it work. I'd like to make it next weekend maybe but I've never made one before so kind of nervous about it.