Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2005, 08:11 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: otterfarmgirl
Stats: 190/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2004
Hey all, the filling behaved quite nicely if I do say so. In fact, this is the first time I have ever had a filling behave so well! I made mine a little thiner than my husbands thumb so that I could have more frosting on the cake. I have to add that this is the most tasty cream cheese frosting that I have had in a long time, rivals many of the higher carb versions in my opinion. I didn't deviate much from your original recipe, I used 1/2 the amount of nuts and carrots, only because I didn't have the right amount and I couldn't wait to try this out. Everyone in my family ( that's about 20 people as I live next door to all my aunts; uncles; grandparents, parents, sibs, and cousins) truly loved this after our Sunday dinner.
otterfarmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2005, 08:32 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shawneesioux
Stats: 170/128 Maintaining since Aug. 2001. Young 62 Y.O
WOE: just Low Carb my own style
Start Date: 01/30/01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski
Ah, heck, Shawnee - I laugh with MYSELF all the time so join in whenever! LOL!

I was tempted, after the first turn-out, to say all the unsavory four-letter words I know (and I know a few) and toss the bloody thing straight into the can - but pride wouldn't let me do it! I figured I could RESCUE it! And I did.

And whatever shortcomings it may have had in beauty were, as you observed, adequately covered over with that tasty topping!

Experiments are those from which where great culinary art evolves dontcha know....

Char
LOL, I hear ya Char...if not for my pride and determination, a lot of my "experiments" would have been deep-sixed...and I would be eating boring foods
Variety and experimenting are key to my Maintenance survival techniques...going on 5 years of LCing now...so many new ideas to play with...

I think GINGERBREAD might be my next try; Geez, I love that Bundt pan.

otterfarmgirl
Thanks for the quick (and positive) response ! Its a BIG cake, isn't it? Glad it pleased you and family. Always a moment of suspense, when you are starting to serve a new, unknown recipe..HOPING its gonna be great..LOL

Shawnee

MAINTAINER since Aug. '01
shawneesioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:55 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chickiemom
What a fantastic recipe. The lemon version really sounds good.
Funny I have a silicon bundt pan and everything comes out fine. I wonder if you lower the oven rack...?
chickiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 11:25 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chickiemom..

lowering the rack might just do the trick; makes sense to me...
When I bake "delicate" cookies..like Buttery Sugar Spritz ones...I always raise the rack to keep the cookie bottoms from burning...So...lowering it would get more heat to the bottom of the Bundt pan.

(I'm kinda thinking perhaps what happened in Char's case might have been, the Filling was too close to the bottom (which would later be the Top)...so it was too "gooey" to bake/firm up properly...)

Whad'ya think, Char ??

I've found that this cake is SO thick and dense..plus having PolyD in it...that baking at a lower temp for a longer time helps.

AHHHH, the joys of experimenting...

I really, really wanna make a Gingerbread version of this..and have been banging anound recipe ideas in my head...BUT then CarolynF also has this great new recipe for Apricot Bars that I wanna mess with..."toss a coin" time..LOL...So many great recipes, so little time

Shawnee

Last edited by shawneesioux; 12-05-2005 at 11:35 AM..
Old 12-06-2005, 09:44 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

I'll make it in my pan and let you know cause I am sooooo making this and silicon is what I have. I'll take note and keep the filling away from the bottom or top as it were;0)
Old 12-10-2005, 07:25 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Has anyone made the gingerbread version of this yet? I am so psyched at the thought of it...
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 10:01 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sungoddess...

I haven't gotten around to the Gingerbread version yet...kinda got diverted by some other recipes..

I think Char may tackle it very soon, her new Bundt pan will be in her hot little paws within a few days...
Hopefully she'll go for the Gingerbread one..
*hint, hint, Char..*

Here's a few Tips, for whatever they're worth...to add some extra *sparkle* to a Gingerbread cake:

add in any or ALL:

1/2 tsp Black Pepper

Coffee Liqueor..or a little Espresso, or very strong coffee...or instant coffee crystals....or 1/4 cup sf DaVinci Coffee-flavored syrup

1 TBLS Lemon zest

1/2 to 1 tsp Cardamom

.................................................. ............................................

Hey chickiemom...

Did ya try a cake yet???

Happy LC Baking, Y'all

Shawnee
Old 12-11-2005, 07:26 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackiCWa
Hi, I'm shawneesioux's buddy. If I may I'd like to share my pound cake recipe with you. I think it turned out really good!

dry ingredients:

2 1/2 c carbquick
1/2 c wheat gluten
1/8 to 1/4 (depending on how sweet you want it) stevia extract (the white powder stuff) make sure it says stevia extract

wet stuff:

1/4 c davinci s/f almond syrup
1 tsp vanilla
6 jumbo eggs ( I like jumbo)
3/4 cups cream
1 cup butter melted (yep...one whole cup, hey, it's pound cake!)

blend the dry, in separate bowl blend the wet really good. Pour wet into dry mixing till really smooth.

pour into a loaf pan sprayed with pan spray. I used a glass loaf pan.

Place in a preheated 350* oven and bake about an hour (I think) anyway, you can tell by inserting a wooden skewer. It will rise up beautifully! nice and tall.

I hope you like it. Alter to your own taste.
This is in the oven now.
Only thing I did differently was I left out the vanilla (I don't like artificial almond-flavored anything)
and subbed vanilla DaVinci.
Then I also used liquid Splenda- mixed that in with the wet ingredients (did the wet ingreds in the blender).
I tried beating wet into dry, by hand, but I had shoulder surgery a week ago, and that wasn't going well,
so I ended up getting out the mixer.
If this cake is half as good as the batter (yeah, I'm a beater-licker), this is going to be a WINNER!!
Thank you Jacki and Shawnee
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:47 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Hey Shawnee Nope haven't made that beautiful cake yet. Just ended up working 6 days this past week so I've been doing quickies for dessert like the almost like rice pudding thang with cottage cheese
Old 12-12-2005, 11:09 AM   #40

I love this!

[COLOR=Navy]This is the one I made with the tweaks that I mentioned 2 posts back.
Thanks again for sharing this![/COLOR]

Old 12-12-2005, 01:47 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jlatislaw
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 18, 2012
Quote:
1/8 to 1/4 (depending on how sweet you want it) stevia extract (the white powder stuff) make sure it says stevia extract
Since I don't use stevia what is the sugar equivalent? I usually use a mix of SAs and Splenda. This cake looks so good I'm anxious to try it!

JL
jlatislaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:58 PM   #42

I looked up mainstream poundcake recipes to figure this out, as I didn't know either.
Seems the regular recipes that call for similar ingredients want about 3 cups of sugar.
I only use stevia to enhance other sweeteners (and to be honest, I just squirt a
dropperful into my ingredients), but I used liquid Splenda equivalent to about 2 cups sugar.
Then I had the 1/4 cup of DaVinci vanilla in there, too.
HTH
Old 12-12-2005, 06:21 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

chickiemom
Hope ya catch some time off soon, to jump on the cake bandwagon
I'll have to check out that almost rice puddin thang, Thanks.

Pami
Wow, that is some purdy cake ! (we've come a long way from those Almond flour/egg ones of yesteryear, huh ?)
THANKS for the nice Show & Tell...I think it encourages others to broaden their baking horizons/skills ...much easier to stay LC with these great options to high carb available.

JL ...LOL, different strokes re the Sweeteners...

The sweetener thing is such a personal preference IMO...I have to "taste-test" as I go along, to avoid overdoing it. (sometimes that synergistic effect of combining sweeteners has really worked ovetime for me)

I made the Bundt ones, (mostly similar ingredients, with a few tweaks, as Jacki's Pound Cake)..with the Lemon one which had the sourness of both Lemon Extract and Lemon Juice ...I used:

1/4 Cup grandular Splenda
1/8 tsp Stevia (super -concentrate; 1/32 to 1/16 tsp recommended per tsp replacement))
1 pkt SweetOne
1 tsp Erythritol

I had some of that yummy Pound Cake of Jacki's...she only used 1/4 tsp Stevia (I think)...it was mildly sweet (to me), just right to cover with strawberries..

So it just proves out that everyone likes varying levels of sweetness

Happy Baking, Y'all

Shawnee

Last edited by shawneesioux; 12-12-2005 at 06:23 PM..
Old 12-15-2005, 05:33 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami
I looked up mainstream poundcake recipes to figure this out, as I didn't know either.
Seems the regular recipes that call for similar ingredients want about 3 cups of sugar.
I only use stevia to enhance other sweeteners (and to be honest, I just squirt a
dropperful into my ingredients), but I used liquid Splenda equivalent to about 2 cups sugar.
Then I had the 1/4 cup of DaVinci vanilla in there, too.
HTH
OK, having eaten this for several days in a row now, I'm deciding that
it's a bit on the sweet side.
I think next time I will try liquid Splenda equivalent to 1 1/2 cups sugar,
and if that is too sweet, I'll decrease it to the equivalent of 1 cup for the
time after that.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:08 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
I took a stab at the gingerbread version and it turned out pretty good. Great flavor but the texture is a bit mealy. Better today than last night and Char had told me it might taste better after it sat a bit.

I used Carbalose flour instead of CQ I added 1 1/2 tsp baking soda

I used 4 TBS of gingerbread DaVinci's instead of any of the lemon ingredients.

For sugar I used 1 dopper full of stevia extract. 1/2 tsp sweetzfree and 2 TBS brown sugar diabetic sweet.

The spices I think are right on:

1 tsp. Allspice
1 1/2 tsp. ginger
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

I filled the cake with mix of 8 oz. cream cheese, 1/4 cup macadamia nut flour, 2 TBS brown sugar diabisweet and 3 drops sweetzfree.

It is good but wondering if the lemon one has a sort of mealy texture rather than smooth?? It almost tastes as though I used some almond flour (and no Pami I didn't ). Maybe it is just the fiber in the flour

Hope this helps the next person
Old 12-16-2005, 11:22 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Becky

Bet your kitchen smelled like Christmas!

Geez, too many variables for lil ol' me to take a stab at re the textures ...but I will anyway

For instance, I've never used Carbalose, (just CQ).. but there's different ingredients in their make-ups:

Carbalose
Ingredients: Enzyme enhanced wheat and wheat protein, vital wheat gluten, wheat fiber, high-protein wheat flour, vegetable fiber, canola oil, salt, emulsifiers, enzymes, ascorbic acid, sucralose, calcium propionate (a preservative).

Carbquik
Ingredients: Carbalose Flour (Enzyme-Enriched Wheat & Wheat Protein, Wheat Gluten, Wheat and Vegetable Fiber, High-Protein. Wheat Flour, Canola Oil, Salt, Emulsifiers, Enzymes, Ascorbic Acid, Sucralose, Calcium Propionate), Palm Oil, Buttermilk Powder, Baking Powder, Egg White Solids, Lecithin, Salt, Natural & Artifical Flavors.

I'd think that those differences would change the outcome in the texture, etc....and that each ingredient we add,(Chemical-type reactions).. and method of mixing, further changes the structure...

I can hardly remember, after LCing nearly 5 years, what real cake textures are supposed to look/feel like ..

The ones Jacki and Pami made (without the PolyD and additional VWGluten) are more similar in texture (IMO) to real PoundCake ... I got to sample Jacki's, it was devine

..Can't say how much the PolyD changes the texture, but I wanted the extra VWG to provide a firmer, more stable mix to help hold the Filling in place...
LOL, all my Theories on this are mere speculations...and it seemed to work towards that goal.

Maybe someone with more experience will jump in with the scientific Texture facts.

I've found that most recipe results are better after they've "aged" a bit.

Happy Baking

Shawnee

Last edited by shawneesioux; 12-16-2005 at 11:36 AM..
Old 12-16-2005, 02:16 PM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Well shut my mouth!!! I never knew that Carbalose flour had VWG and I added some more The texutre is much much better tonight though. Live and learn I guess. I'll give the pound cakes a whirl after the holidays I think.

I think you are right about forgetting what cake tastes like

The house did smell nice and the flavor of the spices I put in were perfect.
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 05:52 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL, Beckster

You're a good sport!
Happy for ya that ya got the "Fragrance" and Taste/Spices right...and the Texture finally improved with Age
Please do try JackiCWA's PoundCake when ya have time, its soooo good.

Lots of us are such recipe tweakers, that the recipes all come out with some variations..

Shucks, even if (my buddy/neighbor) JackiCWA and I make the same Recipe, the results are usually different...cause we might use different combos of Sweeteners...or beat the Batter for a longer period of time, or have a variation in our oven temps...
(sometimes I let batters containing VWG "sit" for a bit for the Gluten to develop...while one of Jacki's "tricks" is using only JUMBO eggs..LOL, more variances..)

YIKES, I better try not to think about all the possible situations...don't wanna discourage anyone, (myself included) ..from keeping on with the fun of experimenting /tweaking !!!

To quote Char:

Experiments are those from which where great culinary art evolves dontcha know....

.................................................. .........................................
YUP, I agree!

Shawnee
Old 12-16-2005, 06:48 PM   #49
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
EXPERIMENT IN PROGRESS! EXPERIMENT IN PROGRESS!!

Well, my beeeooooteeeeful new bundt pan arrived yesterday! DH is working a swing shift tonight, something he hasn't had to do in ages, but they're upgrading the network where he works so he has to be on hand. What BETTER time to try out that new pan!

I made a spice cake. It rose up and actually crowned out of the pan slightly, something I've not had happen often with LC baked goods! It smells ungodly good, and it turned out of the pan beautifully and LOOKS like the first picture SS posted (since this is a very similar bundt pan!) and if it TASTES as good as it LOOKS and SMELLS - I'll post my tweaks and I can pretty much count on DH proposing all over again!

It's cooling now, then I gotta make some cream cheese icing so it will still be a while before the verdict is in and posted....

Char (tapping fingers impatiently for patience is NOT a virtue I possess....)

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:21 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

...so there you are ,Char ...been wanting to hear bout that new pan ...and contents!

ok, I'm waiting with ya...fingers crossed, breath baited...LOL, baited ????

Shawnee
Old 12-16-2005, 07:27 PM   #51
Gadget Gal

Shawnee, you KNEW I'd try it as soon as I got a spare few minutes! LOL! That's yet another thing I love about this recipe - it's fast to put together.

I'm tellin' ya, gal, the fragrance alone is about to drive me outta here!

I might go SNEAK a piece before I ice it....

Hey, I took a pic, how the heck do I post it on here?

Char
Old 12-16-2005, 07:36 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

EDITED cause I was being stoooopid.. ...could ya send me , like a "smoke signal of fragrance"....if the wind is blowing North?

Do ya have an Pic- storing account with Photobucket, or some other one? Load the pic to the Account (usually about 400 x 600 is a good web size)..then ya can transfer it to here, using the IMG thingy under the photo.

EDITED cause I was being stoooopid.. ...maybe 400 x 600 pixels is kinda big; 400x 400 is better...

LOL, I'm no good at explaining this; YOU'RE the puter Guru

OR....E mail it to Sheri (admin)...or to me, I'll post it..and lick the screen...

Shawnee

Last edited by shawneesioux; 12-16-2005 at 07:49 PM..
Old 12-16-2005, 07:41 PM   #53
Gadget Gal

Shawnee - I'll send it to you - can you email me? I seem to have momentarily misplaced your email addy!

AND I just tasted it - boy howdy - smackin' my lips! And I already KNOW it's gonna be BETTER tomorrow, when it's iced AND "mellowed" - it's a keeper. Do you mind if I repost your recipe with my tweaks - either here or in a separate "Spice Pound Bundt Cake" thread?? It's too good to lose it!

Char
Old 12-16-2005, 07:51 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, why not start a new Thread...and fine with the recipe and tweaks idea!
Then I'll post your Pic on the new Thread...

E-mail is a-comin'...NO, let's NOT let this Masterpiece get buried..!!

Last edited by shawneesioux; 12-16-2005 at 07:59 PM..
Old 12-16-2005, 08:02 PM   #55
Gadget Gal

Well - I dunno about MASTERPIECE! LOL! But it's a mighty tasty version of your wonderful cake! OK, so here's what I did then:

Spice Nut Bundt Cake

Preheat oven to 350*. Brush a 10" Bundt pan with melted butter (that's what the directions on my new pan said to do so that's what I did and it worked GREAT!)

2 cups Carbquik
1/2 cup Vital Wheat Gluten
1/2 cup Brown Diabetisweet
1/2 cup Erythritol
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 tsp. ground ginger

Mix together in small bowl and set aside.

1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tblsp. DaVinci sugarfree Spice flavored syrup (or you could use Gingerbread)
6 jumbo eggs
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup melted and cooled unsalted butter (2 sticks) (I used a bit of this to brush the pan as directed above)

1/2 cup chopped nuts - I used walnuts

Filling (optional, I think I may skip this next time):
8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
1/4 cup brown Diabetisweet
2 tblsp. DaVinci sugarfree Spice flavored syrup

I soften the cream cheese on a dinner plate, then sprinkle with the other ingredients and use a table knife to fold it all together. Set aside.

Beat eggs, cream, vanilla, spice syrup, and butter together with an electric mixer on low speed til blended; then beat on High 3 minutes.

On Low speed, gradually beat in dry ingredients; then beat on High 2 minutes. Fold in nuts and pour into prepared bundt pan. If using filling spoon evenly in a ring around the top of the batter.

Bake at 350* for approximately 50-55 minutes. Test for doneness using a long wooden pick.

When done, remove from oven to cooling rack for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a cake platter and let cool thoroughly.

Icing:

8 oz. room temp cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Sweetener to taste - I use liquid Splenda
about 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, added in increments

Whip ingredients together with electric mixer until desired consistency is achieved. Start with a couple tablespoons of the whipping cream and add more as needed.

Store leftover cake in fridge!

No, I don't know the carb counts, sorry. I don't count carbs any more, I simply use carb-friendly ingredients in whatever I make.

Because of the Bundt pan I use, this will make about 18 servings - it's very rich so that is actually enough!

Char

If using filling

Last edited by Charski; 12-16-2005 at 08:05 PM..
Old 12-16-2005, 08:16 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Char...I looked over the ingredients..looks wonderful! ( I don't have a "Scratch 'n Sniff" screen, Boo Hoo !

(are ya gonna use your old bundt pan for target practice???)

I see it worked just fine without the PolyD; good to know, as did the regular PoundCakes.

I knew you'd be samplin' before that cake cooled~

I'll get the Pic posted ASAP..when it arrives in my E mail.

Your Spice Recipe is a good basis for the Gingerbread variety too...my next project...(I think)...I've also gotten interested in making a Kansekake ( a Scandanavian cookie-stack "cake" )... I need a "wife" to help me bake..LOL
Old 12-16-2005, 08:19 PM   #57
Gadget Gal

Yeah, I decided to leave out the PolyD since I was using both Diabetisweet and Erythritol, which both add bulk on their own...worked great!

I think if you added more ginger and maybe a pinch of cloves to this you'd have a reasonable gingerbread facsimile. Maybe a spoonful of molasses too just to deepen up the color....

Hey, if I wasn't alread spoken for - I'd consider being your "wife" as long as we're just talking about BAKING anyway! LOL!! I don't do housecleaning though...
Old 12-16-2005, 08:43 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Char, I think we can work out a compromise...Do you do windows??? (NOT Microsoft kind!)

We gotta give JackiCWA credit; she started this whole poundcake thing rolling...

Yeah, for the Gingerbread variety...maybe 2 tsp of Ginger, molasses, ....gotta skip the cloves (Jacki hates them)....Nutmeg or Mace...and
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Coffee Liqueor..or a little Espresso, or very strong coffee...or instant coffee crystals....or 1/4 cup sf DaVinci Coffee-flavored syrup
1 TBLS Lemon zest
1/2 to 1 tsp Cardamom (cause I'm married to a Finn!) LOL

OK, here's your lovely, devine cake...those slanted "ribs" are gorgeous, kind of like a Swirl!

I'll copy and paste your recipe under it, keep it all together...

CHAR'S SPICE NUT BUNDT CAKE

Spice Nut Bundt Cake

Preheat oven to 350*. Brush a 10" Bundt pan with melted butter (that's what the directions on my new pan said to do so that's what I did and it worked GREAT!)

2 cups Carbquik
1/2 cup Vital Wheat Gluten
1/2 cup Brown Diabetisweet
1/2 cup Erythritol
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 tsp. ground ginger

Mix together in small bowl and set aside.

1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tblsp. DaVinci sugarfree Spice flavored syrup (or you could use Gingerbread)
6 jumbo eggs
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup melted and cooled unsalted butter (2 sticks) (I used a bit of this to brush the pan as directed above)

1/2 cup chopped nuts - I used walnuts

Filling (optional, I think I may skip this next time):
8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
1/4 cup brown Diabetisweet
2 tblsp. DaVinci sugarfree Spice flavored syrup

I soften the cream cheese on a dinner plate, then sprinkle with the other ingredients and use a table knife to fold it all together. Set aside.

Beat eggs, cream, vanilla, spice syrup, and butter together with an electric mixer on low speed til blended; then beat on High 3 minutes.

On Low speed, gradually beat in dry ingredients; then beat on High 2 minutes. Fold in nuts and pour into prepared bundt pan. If using filling spoon evenly in a ring around the top of the batter.

Bake at 350* for approximately 50-55 minutes. Test for doneness using a long wooden pick.

When done, remove from oven to cooling rack for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a cake platter and let cool thoroughly.

Icing:

8 oz. room temp cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Sweetener to taste - I use liquid Splenda
about 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, added in increments

Whip ingredients together with electric mixer until desired consistency is achieved. Start with a couple tablespoons of the whipping cream and add more as needed.

Store leftover cake in fridge!

No, I don't know the carb counts, sorry. I don't count carbs any more, I simply use carb-friendly ingredients in whatever I make.

Because of the Bundt pan I use, this will make about 18 servings - it's very rich so that is actually enough!

Char

Last edited by shawneesioux; 12-16-2005 at 09:16 PM..
Old 12-17-2005, 08:34 AM   #59

Charski!!!!

That is gorgeous!
(A little birdie told me your picture was up- and I couldn't get over here fast enough!!)

Here are your counts, minus the erythritol and diabetisweet:
288 Calories; 25g Fat (77.1% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate;
7g Dietary Fiber; 117mg Cholesterol; 174mg Sodium

And minus the cream cheese filling:
244 Calories; 20g Fat (75.0% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate;
7g Dietary Fiber; 104mg Cholesterol; 137mg Sodium
Old 12-17-2005, 12:35 PM   #60
Gadget Gal

Pami, THANKS for doing that! You're a doll!!

I just sent the little birdie a picture of the iced/cut cake too. It rose up beautifully, nearly thought it was gonna run over the pan for a bit but it all stayed inside. The filling sank all the way to the bottom this time, which of course became the TOP, but no matter - it's yummy!

DH insisted on a piece of it with coffee for breakfast - and who am *I* to deny him?!

Now I'm cogitating on a peanut butter/tunnel of fudge version.....

Char