Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2005, 04:03 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 362/260/Meh just keep going down
WOE: controlled starches and sugar
Start Date: January 6, 2005
great recipes everyone! Mrssillymom3 I'm going to try your recipe tomorrow.
notmissingwhitebread is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2005, 04:13 PM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GinaT1213
Stats: Mild/Hot/911
WOE: food
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmissingwhitebread
great recipes everyone! Mrssillymom3 I'm going to try your recipe tomorrow.
What did you end up cooking for the date? Was it a hit?
GinaT1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lori121
Stats: Jan 232.5/203/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 6, 2014
Skillet Pizza

I found the recipe for skillet pizza today while looking for something else. We had it for lunch.. All I have to say is Yummy.. Fixed my craving for pizza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrssillymom3 View Post
I make a skillet pizza!!

in a non stick skillet put in 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cook till all bubbly and getting brown on the bottom, add some pepperoni slices and about 2 tbsp tomato sauce or fav pasta sauce..... heat till pepperoni and sauce heat. Remove from pan with spatula...(it should be rather brown on the bottom and crispy.)
I fold it in half like an omelette and if you let it cool just a minute or two you can pick it up with your hands and eat it like a pizza... it is crunchy on the outside and totally has the taste of pepperoni pizza. I had this for lunch today !! YUUMMMMY

**you can also add peppers, mushrooms etc if you want to make it more like a loaded pizza... I just do pepperoni cause it is quick and cheap!!***
lori121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Divabunny
Stats: 215/195/160
WOE: Just making better choices
Start Date: 1/2/14
I have a few...

Meatballs--Made this last night everyone LOVED them

groundbeef, parmesan cheese (in the can) a little light teriyaki sauce (the thin one in the bottle) fresh garlic, garlic powder, season salt and some french's fried onions chopped up fine. Soooo good.

Take chicken thighs (or breasts) simmer in a pan with mustard (sqeeze mustard over the top of the raw thighs in the pan and let them cook until tender enough to shred) pulse a few tablespoons of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and mix with the shredded breasts. Serve with cheese and tortillas. Soooo good as well.

Not really new but every morning I have a Soy French Vanilla Latte. Take French Vanilla beans ground on the espresso setting, make a few shots. Heat up in the micro soy slender vanilla. Add some french vanilla da vinci's and a TB of Heavy Cream. The heavy cream makes such a difference. Very good.
Divabunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:23 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 220/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Apr. 2013
When dh grills, I slice zuccini and yellow squash length-wise, then sprinkle olive oil and grilling spices all over them. Dh grills them.

Sunday I made grape tomato and mini-mozz. kaobs sprinkled them with olive oil and italian spices, put them into small containers and had some on my way home from the gym.
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: StacyW
The family loves sliced squash and zucchini grilled on the Foreman then tossed with butter and Greek Seasoning.
StacyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:48 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yummy's_Girl
Stats: 168/134/130-135
WOE: A way of my own
Start Date: June 2006
Low Carb Apple Cinnamon Waffles

1 tablespoon Fiberfit or equiv of other sweetner or liquid splenda*
1 container Egg beaters or 2 large eggs
15 drops Liquid Stevia*
4 ounces Unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup Da Vinci sugar free vanilla syrup
1/2 cup Gluten flour
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Almond meal

*Adjust sweetner to taste. Mine may be too sweet for some people's taste

Directions

Beat cream cheese with mixer till smooth. Add in remaining ingredients and blend well. Spray preheated waffle iron with olive oil cooking spray. Spoon batter into waffle iron, close lid, raise lid when done light comes on, and presto! Yummy waffles!
Yummy's_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yummy's_Girl
Stats: 168/134/130-135
WOE: A way of my own
Start Date: June 2006
Baked Tex-Mex Jalapeno Pepper Rings or Zucchini chips

Ingredients

1/2 cup low carb bread crumbs or pork rinds
1 1/2 teaspoon Butter melted
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon water
1 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
1 cup of Jalapeno Peppers sliced into rings (or sliced zucchini)
1/8-1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
2 egg whites
1/8 teaspoon salt

*You can use this on onions sliced into rings, also

Directions

Preheat oven to 450F. Spray large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Mix together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, chili powder, ground red pepper and salt in a shallow dish; mix well. Stir in butter and water.

Separate jalapeno slices into rings. (or Use zucchini slices) Place egg whites in large bowl and beat lightly. Add jalapeno rings (or zucchini), toss lightly to coat evenly. Transfer to bread crumb or pork rind mixture, flip over to coat evenly. Place in single layer on prepared baking sheet.

Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and coating is crisp.*May take longer for zucchini chips*

Last edited by Yummy's_Girl; 02-27-2007 at 03:22 PM..
Yummy's_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NotoSugar
Stir Fry Soup

Heat a can of chicken broth. Microwave as many stir fry veggies as you want to add to your soup. (I sometimes make myself single servings so I use part of a can of broth). Put your veggies in the broth and use a stick blender to chop and mix a bit. Salt and pepper mixture. If you want a creamy soup you can add some cream or half and half or some shredded cheese. Add a tablespoon of soy sauce if desired.

Remove from pan and enjoy.
NotoSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pennylovesdarren
WOE: WW points plus
Start Date: March 16, 2012
Great ideas everyone! Thanks!
pennylovesdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:43 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: am2106
Stats: 211/200/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/8/07
Oh my

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstar View Post
Sweet tooth fix: 2 TBL heavy cream, 2TBL chunky peanut butter, 2 TBL sf syrup (I use french vanilla) Stir together. This is soupy at first, but keep stirring, it thickens up! Reminds me of when I was small my dad would make me a "batch" of pb & maple syrup goo!
We ate at an Amish restaurant once, and they had this peanut butter that was extremely sweet and very, very good. I've been trying to find the recipe for that peanut butter mixture ever since. This reminds me of that - except sugar free which means I can actually eat it!

I won't be making this much...it's too good!
am2106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, here is what we did for dinner tonight, a definite keeper!

1 whole chicken, boiled, skinned, and shredded into bite sized pieces
1 frozen bag of okra, zucchini, tomato mix
Partial frozen bag okra (It was leftover from a couple nights ago)

We fried it all up together in butter with salt, pepper, and garlic powder til golden brown and the veggies were no longer slimy. We ate that on top of some Dreamfields Penne Pasta that had been tossed in butter, salt, pepper, and chives. We topped it off with parmesan and red pepper for some spice.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:59 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: beachbound
Stats: 175.8/173.8/125-135
Start Date: daily
Amish peanutbutter

I believe the peanutbutter has marshmellow cream mixed with it. The one that the Amish make in our area does. My children love it!
beachbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:56 AM   #74
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Here is my sweet tooth mix: I was trying to figure a way to get in my 3 Tbls of coconut oil one day and mixed 1 TBL coconut oil, 1 TBLS peanut butter and 1 TBL SF Twist. I would heat in the micro for a few seconds so that everything could be mixed smooth together. That used to be my usual dessert after dinner--takes care of sweet and getting in that oil LOL.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:55 AM   #75

I also love my pizza recipe, which is actually taken from CiCi's pizza. If you ask they will cook you a crustless pizza and it's great. I have taken their idea and we love it here at home. I have a deep dish pizza pan from Pampered Chef that I use for easy clean up. Preheat the oven to 350. Put a layer of pepperoni on the bottom, then cover with a thin layer of tomato sauce then whatever toppings you have. I usually use bacon (already cooked), ham, peppers, onions, diced tomatoes and don't forget the cheese..... I then usually cook it for about 15-20 minutes. I cook this when the rest of my family has regular pizza and my DH prefers my crustless version LOL.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCCamper
Stats: 475/239/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 01/01/2003
My Lazy Cinnamon Breakfast "Roll"

Take LC Tortilla, spread with Cream Cheese, sprinkle on 1 packet of Splenda and dust liberally with Cinnamon. Roll up like a wrap and slice into rolls and eat. I have also taken the same LC Tortilla and spread PB on it with the Splenda and Cinnamon and ate it. A friend of mine doesn't roll her's but folds like a burrito and then pan fries it in some butter until crispy and dusts with a mixture of splenda and cinnamon on top and eats it like an burrito. Sweet and crunchy.
LCCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #77
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Mindy
WOE: All Sorts of LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCamper View Post
My Lazy Cinnamon Breakfast "Roll"

Take LC Tortilla, spread with Cream Cheese, sprinkle on 1 packet of Splenda and dust liberally with Cinnamon. Roll up like a wrap and slice into rolls and eat. I have also taken the same LC Tortilla and spread PB on it with the Splenda and Cinnamon and ate it. A friend of mine doesn't roll her's but folds like a burrito and then pan fries it in some butter until crispy and dusts with a mixture of splenda and cinnamon on top and eats it like an burrito. Sweet and crunchy.

I work at home on Wednesdays, and fix this as a mid-morning snack each week...
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:33 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DEBI IN OHIO
Stats: 235.5/-----/150ish?
WOE: Diabetic.lower carbs
Start Date: 05/01, restart 2/22/08 again
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I also love my pizza recipe, which is actually taken from CiCi's pizza. If you ask they will cook you a crustless pizza and it's great. I have taken their idea and we love it here at home. I have a deep dish pizza pan from Pampered Chef that I use for easy clean up. Preheat the oven to 350. Put a layer of pepperoni on the bottom, then cover with a thin layer of tomato sauce then whatever toppings you have. I usually use bacon (already cooked), ham, peppers, onions, diced tomatoes and don't forget the cheese..... I then usually cook it for about 15-20 minutes. I cook this when the rest of my family has regular pizza and my DH prefers my crustless version LOL.
I didnt know CICIS did this.........heck I go there and pay to sit and NOT eat!
DEBI IN OHIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:55 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katherinem
Stats: 134/122/115 5'3''
Start Date: August 2001, recommit March 2014
I add a tablespoon or so of canned pumpkin to the basic danish recipe, along with some pumkin pie spice. It is a little more like custard, heavier and less eggy, and changes up the flavor.
katherinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:43 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
LCCamper - I just noticed your stats!! Wow, you have done a fabulous job and I just wanted to say Congratulations!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:20 AM   #81

In my version of the "lazy cinnamon breakfast roll" I add chopped pecans to mine. Once I tried it that way I then added a TBL of SF Twist to mine. It was pure heaven LOL. I ate these quite often when I was pregnant and loved every one.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:28 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carbkinky
Stats: 138/159/125
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2004 rollercoaster
Nifty thread!
carbkinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander's Grandm View Post
I saute up a couple of cube steaks in butter and some garlic. Place on plates...add small sliced onion and mushrooms to pan..am lazy and use a can. When onion is soft and cooked add about /3 cup sour cream. Pour over the steaks and serve.
Maureen
Did this tonight for dinner. Quite yummy! Thanks for the recipe!
Old 03-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theislandgirl
Stats: forever and ever
WOE: Atkins/PP/semi-paleo
Start Date: July 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by argo2d View Post
*lol* why dont you just buy splenda sweetned!! then you dont have to risk any sugar being left either! at least 2 or 3 brands are on the market now!
Argo, are you finding these (Sweet Pickle or Sweet Green Relish) in Canada? If so, I REALLY want to know where...

Ta!

theislandgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:57 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
I take the standard mock danish recipe add several extra tablespoons of cream cheese and cocoa powder microwave it for 2.5 mins and it reminds me of a mini lava cake.
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Berrymuch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraEssence View Post
sautee zucchini and onion (salt and pepper to taste) and right before it's done stir in a dollop of sour cream and shake on some parmesan cheese. turn off the heat and cover for a few. creamy cheesy zucchini and onions
That sounds very very good. I will definetely have to try this one.
Berrymuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:27 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
bump!
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:32 PM   #88

SF Twist is a chocolate spread which is comparable to Nutella. The SF means sugar free. I don't know if they make it anymore, but I got it at my local health food stores here in Columbia SC a couple of years ago. You might could find it online. I am a great chocoholic and it was great but with the sugar alcohols some have trouble with it.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:21 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lemming
Peanut butter pudding: put equal amounts of peanut butter and cream cheese (maybe 2 T each) in a heat proof bowl. Add 2 packs (or to taste) Splenda and nuke until the cream cheese starts to melt. Add Davinci's SF marshmallow syrup--maybe a couple of tablespoons, I never measure. Start stirring--it will look funny at first but if the proportions are correct it will end up smooth and fluffy. It's great just like that (this makes a single serving), but if I really want to "gild the lilly" I drop a Hershey's Dark mini SF chocolate bar into the still-warm pudding and eat the pudding as the chocolate melts...

I especially like this (without the chocolate) when I'm dying for something really "dessert-like" but don't want any sugar alcohols...
Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:21 PM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LeighDear
Ok, this is my Trademark "Kitchen Sink Soup".....

Cause it has EVERYTHING BUT......*LOL*

It began with a bowl of leftover creamed spinach (check the recipe room)....

First, I delved into my fridge veggie drawers....I got a small onion, a medium zucchini, 6 stalks of celery, 1/2 a yellow bell pepper, 3 green onions, 1/2 a carton of sliced mushrooms and 2 big garlic cloves.....I cleaned & chopped them all up.....Then I discovered 1/2 a bag of frozen broccoli florets from my freezer....

I also found some chicken in my freezer....4 boneless, skinless thighs and 1 boneless breast...thawed for a bit, then I chopped them all up and then sauteed/fried them in a big stockpot, with a dash of olive oil and a plop of butter....

After the chicken browns, add all the veggies & let them all stir-fry around in the pot a while til they get a bit soft......

THEN I add the leftover creamed spinach.....then a couple of cups of chicken broth and a little 1/2 & 1/2.....

Let it cook down on simmer for about 30 minutes or so....DON'T let it boil.....

Splash in a little worcesteshire and a bit of Franks Hot Sauce for pizazz....

Taste at this point and decide if you need more flavor zip.....A little basil & dill are wonderful....but customize it to your taste.....Italian, Mexican, French....Just herbs & seasoning to move it to where your preferences are....

It's LC, yummy and hangs out fabulousfully in the fridge for several days.....Or freezes and re-heats beautifully!

Last edited by LeighDear; 03-24-2007 at 08:26 PM..
LeighDear is offline   Reply With Quote