Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2005, 01:39 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rachelle
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2005
Help for breakfast!

I´m fed up of eggs tired of omelets and I´m in induction ....

Any advice?
Rachelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aediekins
Stats: St/199 Curr/163 Goal/155
WOE: Low-Carb
Start Date: 8 more lbs to go!!
I feel for you... but you gotta get through it!

Try making different things with your eggs.

Make a quiche or a frittata. Then heat up a slice for breakfast. You can make an italian one...tomatos, spices, italian sausage...

Or make a ham/swiss version

Or add splenda and heavy cream to the eggs, cook a thin layer and roll up around some cream cheese mixed with splenda or Da vinci's sugar free syrup in raspberry.

Make Breakfast "muffins" by lining a muffin tin with sasauge or bacon and cook half way. Then add a egg/cream/cheese mixture to each cup and continue baking until done.

When you get off induction you will have many more options. One of my faves is Jaideyes griddle cakes... made with carbquik and flax.

Hope that helps!!

Low-Carb foods are not created equal
Enjoy- cream, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, fresh chicken, fish, beef, pork, bacon, sausage, cheese, LC veggies, berries/melon, dressings, stevia, chocolate (75% cocoa) and red wine
Avoid - Mayo, canola oil, too much protein, processed LC foods (tortillas, candy, shakes, bars) Splenda and other artificial sweeteners, corn products (xanthan gum, dextrose, maltodextrin)
Aediekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 01:50 PM   #3
giJ
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: giJ
Stats: Size 18W+/8
WOE: My own - low carb, high fat, calorie controlled
Start Date: You mean this time? 9 Jan 2012
There's a sticky called "Breakfast ideas instead of bacon/eggs?" with 6 pages of ideas. Just look up a few threads
giJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 01:52 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Aediekins
I feel for you... but you gotta get through it!

Try making different things with your eggs.

Make a quiche or a frittata. Then heat up a slice for breakfast. You can make an italian one...tomatos, spices, italian sausage...

Or make a ham/swiss version

Or add splenda and heavy cream to the eggs, cook a thin layer and roll up around some cream cheese mixed with splenda or Da vinci's sugar free syrup in raspberry.

Make Breakfast "muffins" by lining a muffin tin with sasauge or bacon and cook half way. Then add a egg/cream/cheese mixture to each cup and continue baking until done.

When you get off induction you will have many more options. One of my faves is Jaideyes griddle cakes... made with carbquik and flax.

Hope that helps!!
"Or add splenda and heavy cream to the eggs, cook a thin layer and roll up around some cream cheese mixed with splenda or Da vinci's sugar free syrup in raspberry." I tried this today with cinnamon and vanilla flavour... and it tasted like an omelet
but I´m going to bake some muffins as you recommend me! It sounds nice! Thank you!
Old 02-13-2005, 01:53 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by giJ
There's a sticky called "Breakfast ideas instead of bacon/eggs?" with 6 pages of ideas. Just look up a few threads
I just read the first page and see yogurt and not allowed food in induction but I´ll check all the message! Thank you!
Old 02-13-2005, 02:54 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbHoney
Stats: 293/182.8/150 (5'7")
Start Date: January 21, 2004
You can always eat a nice steak, a hamburger or a nice piece of chicken. I don't think it really matters.

Last edited by LowCarbHoney; 02-13-2005 at 02:57 PM..
LowCarbHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 02:57 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LowCarbHoney
You can always eat a nice steakhamburger or have some chicken. I don't think it really matters.
I can´t eat those so early in the morning :blush:
Old 02-13-2005, 04:23 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aediekins
Stats: St/199 Curr/163 Goal/155
WOE: Low-Carb
Start Date: 8 more lbs to go!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Rachelle
"Or add splenda and heavy cream to the eggs, cook a thin layer and roll up around some cream cheese mixed with splenda or Da vinci's sugar free syrup in raspberry." I tried this today with cinnamon and vanilla flavour... and it tasted like an omelet
but I´m going to bake some muffins as you recommend me! It sounds nice! Thank you!
If you're getting an "omelet" you're not adding enough cream. You need only one egg and like a 1/4 cup cream or more, and a heaping spoonful of granular splenda.

Puour 2 Tablespoons in the bottom of your non-stick pan (More or less... depending on the size of your pan.)

Just enough to coat it.

Cook for 20 seconds and flip.

It should be extremely thin, and hard to work with.

Lay on a paper towel while you do the rest.

Next time I make them, I'll post the pics.

They shouldn't be omelet-y.

Try it again....
and try a fruit flavor instead of cinnamon.
Aediekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 09:54 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Melody
Stats: oh no
Start Date: 2/19/01-Goal 7/6/02
I'm a big leftover eater for breakfast, but thankfully I haven't gotten tired of eggs yet either.
Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:35 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Aediekins
If you're getting an "omelet" you're not adding enough cream. You need only one egg and like a 1/4 cup cream or more, and a heaping spoonful of granular splenda.

Puour 2 Tablespoons in the bottom of your non-stick pan (More or less... depending on the size of your pan.)

Just enough to coat it.

Cook for 20 seconds and flip.

It should be extremely thin, and hard to work with.

Lay on a paper towel while you do the rest.

Next time I make them, I'll post the pics.

They shouldn't be omelet-y.

Try it again....
and try a fruit flavor instead of cinnamon.

Of course! I used 2 eggs and just 2 tablespoons heavy cream. I´ll follow your advice! I have vanilla, cherrie, lemon and orange flavour (non-sugar, they are essences).
Old 02-14-2005, 05:57 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sligh
Stats: 190/118/145
Start Date: January 31, 2003
When I'm sick of eggs, I scramble them with cream and then top them with cinnamon and SF maple syrup. Tastes surprisingly like french toast.
sligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 06:02 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sligh
When I'm sick of eggs, I scramble them with cream and then top them with cinnamon and SF maple syrup. Tastes surprisingly like french toast.
As Aediekins adviced me I had to add more cream.

Today I had a frittata with bacon&chorizo and was good for a change but I´ll bake muffins and crepes this week!
Old 02-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: keelysmom2000
Stats: 215/215/150
Start Date: 5/28/14
I love eating leftovers for lunch. I also like the Atkins crustless quiche that is in DANDR. I ate that almost the whole time I was induction
keelysmom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:53 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sanderson76
Stats: 155/148.8/125
WOE: LC
Start Date: 11/14/11
When I get tired of omlets I usually do this

1/2 cup dry oatmeal
1 cup water

put this in the microwave for a minute and a half and when its done I put in a scoop of chocolate protein powder. It is very satisfying.

I also add either a little honey or splenda to sweeten it up a bit.
sanderson76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:23 PM   #15
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Try this.

This Is Linda Sue's Recipe
MOCK DANISH
2 ounces cream cheese
1 egg
2 teaspoons granulated Splenda or 8 drops liquid Splenda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of cinnamon

In a small, microwaveable bowl, soften the cream cheese on HIGH 30 seconds. Beat well with a fork until creamy. Add the egg and beat very well until creamy; mix in remaining ingredients. Use a small rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl so that all the batter is in the bottom. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; rotate bowl (do not stir) and cook another 30 seconds. If center still looks too runny, cook another 30 seconds. May take up to 2 1/2 minutes total, depending on your microwave. Center should be a bit soft for the danish filling effect. Run a small rubber spatula around the danish, then under it to release from bowl. Transfer to a small plate. Cool until just warm or cool completely before eating.

Makes 1 serving

With granular Splenda:
Per serving: 283 Calories; 25g Fat; 11g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 279 Calories; 25g Fat; 11g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

The outside edges of the danish had a sort of crumbly, bread-like consistency and the center was creamier, sort of like the cheese filling in a real danish. There was no mistaking this for the real thing, but it tasted good and was quite satisfying. This would make a nice breakfast substitute for eggs. I will definitely make this again.

Also, here is LindaSue's site. She has lots fo recipes for induction.

http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/index.html

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.

Last edited by Beeb; 02-21-2005 at 07:29 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:39 PM   #16
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
When I'm sick of eggs, I eat rollups!

Ham or prosciutto or smoked salmon (lox style) wrapped around some cream cheese. These are surprisingly satisfying, easy to eat on the go too.

If you can stand "lunch" stuff at breakfast, you can also roll up a slice of dill pickle or some capers (especially good with the salmon roll) inside too.

Heck, you can even roll up ham and thinly-sliced swiss cheese if you're not a big cream cheese fan.

Nothing at all that says you GOTTA eat eggs for breakfast!

How 'bout chicken fried steak? Get some cubed steaks at the market, and crush some pork rinds. Press the steaks into the rinds to coat well. Fry in a little oil of your choice (I use expeller-pressed coconut oil) and if you want, make gravy by adding a little cream to the pan, stir well to bring up the browned bits; add some cream cheese to thicken and heat til just starting to bubble. GOOD stuff!

Char

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote