Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2005, 08:27 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dg7500
Stats: 229/174/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/16/03
Favorite CarbQuik Recipes?

OK, so my Carbquik just arrived, and I'm looking through all of the yummy sounding recipes. WHERE to START?!?

For those of you who have been using the Carbquik, would you mind sharing a few of your favorite recipes, and perhaps some hints that you've learned along the way? Hopefully that will get me moving in the right direction.

TIA
dg7500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2005, 09:17 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PaminNY
Stats: 158/138.5/129
Start Date: January 2004
Hello there,

I've tried a few recipes and all were very good. Cheddar bay biscuits were good with lc chili; impossible cheesecake and Erin's blueberry and peach pies are divine. These pies are simple to make. Turkey (chicken) pot pie was wolfed down in a hurry lol

Can't wait for my next order to be shipped to try other recipes. Enjoy!!

- Pam
PaminNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:36 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Motts Landing
Start Date: restarted Jan 08'
IMO....the Mcgriddle pancakes and the cornbread make it worth it's weight in gold!
Motts Landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:47 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eko42
Stats: 184/170/125
WOE: hHCG
Start Date: July 9, 2013
Thanks PaminNY for the nod to my pies!

I second Motts Landing on the Cornbread and I have also enjoyed the Cheddar Cheese Biscuits.

Erin---
eko42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 04:48 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stewcarol
I just made Linda Sue's oven baked chicken with carbquick and it turned out pretty good. Nice crust and very easy using bone in chicken.
stewcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:50 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dg7500
Stats: 229/174/120
Start Date: 6/16/03
Thanks for the input! I made a 'sgetti squash casserole last night, and decided to try the cheddar bay biscuit recipe....quite nice, I must say. Now I'm looking forward to trying some of the dessert recipes this weekend. Has anyone tried the brownie recipe that's on the box? It sure sounds good!
dg7500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:55 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PaminNY
Stats: 158/138.5/129
Start Date: January 2004
Hi dg,

How could I forget the brownie recipe .. yes, I tried it and it was difficult to eat just one piece! lol

Erin ... just giving credit where credit is due! Love the pie!

- Pam
PaminNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:03 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/11
My children (the younger one is not even doing LC) love the pizza crust on the back of the box. I don't follow their topping suggestions, as I do pepperoni and mozzerella of course because it's the only kind they'll eat, but my DH and I like it too. It makes a perfect size crust for 4! Don't expect it to be like regular pizza crust though, as it is just a vehicle to get the good stuff in your mouth!
Wine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:10 PM   #9
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
I love their cheese biscuits.

I also made them without the cheese or seasonings the other morning, and doubled the butter. I rolled them out using Carbquik on the board and cut them into rounds and baked. Very much like Bisquick biscuits, and great with sausage gravy for breakfast!

I've also made the Impossible Taco Pie from the Carbquik recipes threads and we love it.

And I've made two kinds of cookies, I may also have gotten both those on the same thread - a cream cheese based one, and a gingersnap. Both were good.

I just ordered 3 more 3 # boxes!

Char

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:07 PM   #10
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: griffin
WOE: atkins/moderate
Start Date: november 04
i have the brownies as a staple in my house, use unsalted butter though. i refrig or freeze, and it makes it less dry and fudgier, esp the next day. yum!
griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:46 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eko42
Stats: 184/170/125
WOE: hHCG
Start Date: July 9, 2013
Quote:
Originally posted by griffin
i have the brownies as a staple in my house, use unsalted butter though. i refrig or freeze, and it makes it less dry and fudgier, esp the next day. yum!
I agree with the tip on using unsalted butter, I use unsalted butter in all Carbquik recipes. Carbquik is salty enough!

Erin---
eko42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mesquite
I cave, where can I get Carbquick, in the store? or is it an online product?
Everything sounds so good.
Hugs
Sue
mesquite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:34 AM   #13
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Banshee5
I ordered from here using netrition site; click on the "market place" tab near the top of the page
Banshee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:37 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mesquite
Thanks for the quick response Banshee.
Hugs
Sue
/
mesquite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:22 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Over50Mom
Stats: 160/110/120 5'0"
Start Date: October 19, 2003
Quote:
How could I forget the brownie recipe .. yes, I tried it and it was difficult to eat just one piece! lol
I'd like to find out which brownie recipe you're using. Is it the one on the box?

One of my favorite Carbquik recipes, and I've made it twice now is the "Chocolate Chunk Scones". That recipe is in the huge Carbquck post. They're very, very yummy!

I'd also like to ask, and this is OT, how does one reply with a quote and have the author's name in the quote. I haven't found any info on that in the FAQ's and I haven't been able to figure it out yet.
Over50Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 04:29 PM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
Nancy, look down in the bottom right-hand corner of the person's post that you want to quote. You'll see "quote" in orange. Click on that and it will paste that person's complete message in a reply box. You can edit and remove parts of their message, but don't mess with the bits in brackets. Those codes are necessary for making it view properly.
LindaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 04:45 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Over50Mom
Stats: 160/110/120 5'0"
Start Date: October 19, 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by LindaSue
Nancy, look down in the bottom right-hand corner of the person's post that you want to quote. You'll see "quote" in orange. Click on that and it will paste that person's complete message in a reply box. You can edit and remove parts of their message, but don't mess with the bits in brackets. Those codes are necessary for making it view properly.
Hey, it works! Thanks so much LindaSue
Over50Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ratcat
Stats: Starting Weight - 325/265/180
WOE: Low Cal - transitioned to Atkins / Low Carb
Start Date: April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7500 View Post
OK, so my Carbquik just arrived, and I'm looking through all of the yummy sounding recipes. WHERE to START?!?

For those of you who have been using the Carbquik, would you mind sharing a few of your favorite recipes, and perhaps some hints that you've learned along the way? Hopefully that will get me moving in the right direction.

TIA
I am so EXCITED! I should have my first box tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read up on this!
ratcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Then you will love reading this thread. It was very loved once.
Carbquik Recipes
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
Then you will love reading this thread. It was very loved once.
Carbquik Recipes
I ALREADY love this thread! LOL! Being able to include a baking mix into "the mix" is certainly "stirring" things up a little! (Sorry for the puns, but they were JUST RIGHT THERE! LOL!)
Old 09-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

CARBQUICK CORN DOG BATTER

OKAY LOW CARBERS! We need to get this thread going strong again!

I have been on a hunt for a good corn dog recipe to use with Carbquick. I also didn't want to fry them. This worked VERY well for me, so please give it a try and let me know what you think:

CARBQUICK CORN DOGS

1 Corn Pone Pan or something else that works for you (See pic)
1 Pkg Hot Dogs (or Smoked Dogs which I prefer)
3T Matha White Self-Rising White Cornmeal (with hot rize)
1c Carbquick
1 Large Egg
1/8c Splenda (or up to 1/4c if you like it sweeter)
1/2c Half and Half
1/4c UNSALTED butter (Carbquick is salty enough)

Mix all ingredients together.

Ok, spray your pan very well with PAM cooking spray.
Put a layer of batter into the well of each well in the pan.
Lay your dog on top of the batter.
Cover the dog with more batter.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 mins or golden brown (time may vary)
Carefull turn out onto a plate to cool.
EAT AND ENJOY!!!

SERVES 8 (1 corndog each)

The carb count (minus whatever dog you choose) is as follows. Please add the carbs in your dog of choice to my total for the batter to get your count:

4.3 Carbs per Corn Dog (For batter alone)

I have pics of the finished product but can't figure out how to load them. I will work on that and get back with you. If anyone knows how to post uploaded pics - let's me know.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kalatraza
Stats: 280/255/145
Start Date: January 2011
My favorite Carbquick recipe is Nancy's Ritzy Crackers. They're actually mostly almond flour but the relatively small amount of Carbquick does nice flaky happy things to the texture.(The easiest place to find the recipe is on Linda Sue's site, I think.) I add a good teaspoon of butter or similar flavoring to the recipe and don't usually have any sesame seeds. Should also probably say that I rarely make these because I cannot for the life of me just eat a few. . . !

Oh, and anymore I refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes or so, roll it into a log, slice it into rounds as if I was making cookies, place on parchment lined baking sheet, and bake.

Mmmm. I'm tempted to dig around in my freezer and see if there's any Carbquick left in there. . .
kalatraza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Post #12 in this thread for my FLUFFY BISCUITS is my best Carbquick recipe (my old Pizza Crust Recipe is second best) : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...at-i-want.html

Took me 40+ years to come up with a light and fluffy biscuit and now I don't eat Carbquick anymore. So I'm back to square 1.

Last edited by buttoni; 09-08-2013 at 07:07 PM..
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

NANCY'S RITZY CRACKERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalatraza View Post
My favorite Carbquick recipe is Nancy's Ritzy Crackers. They're actually mostly almond flour but the relatively small amount of Carbquick does nice flaky happy things to the texture.(The easiest place to find the recipe is on Linda Sue's site, I think.) I add a good teaspoon of butter or similar flavoring to the recipe and don't usually have any sesame seeds. Should also probably say that I rarely make these because I cannot for the life of me just eat a few. . . !

Oh, and anymore I refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes or so, roll it into a log, slice it into rounds as if I was making cookies, place on parchment lined baking sheet, and bake.

Mmmm. I'm tempted to dig around in my freezer and see if there's any Carbquick left in there. . .
SOUNDS WONDERFUL KALATRAZA!!!
I just hunted the recipe down and can't wait to try it. Here it is for any interested:

NANCY'S RITZY CRACKERS
3/4 cup almond flour, 3 ounces
1/4 cup Carbquik bake mix
2 teaspoons granular Splenda or 2 drops Sweetzfree *
1 egg white
3/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons untoasted sesame seeds
2 tablespoons butter, softened

Mix all ingredients well in a small bowl. Chill dough about 30 minutes. Drop dough by 1/4 teaspoons onto a parchment-lined 12x17" baking sheet making 24 little piles leaving at least an inch between them. Pick the pieces of dough up one at a time and very gently roll into balls. Cover the dough with plastic wrap (you can use a small piece and move it around as needed) and take a baking powder can, that has about an 1/8" rim around the bottom, and press down firmly over each ball of dough. Be sure to press all the way down to the baking sheet. Peel off the plastic wrap and repeat until all the crackers have been shaped. Prick them with a fork.

Bake at 325º for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. After 15 minutes, check them every couple minutes to make sure they don't get too brown. Cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature or freeze for longer storage.

Makes 24 crackers
Can be frozen

* Add 1/2 carb per 2 crackers if using granular Splenda.

Per 2 Crackers: 59 Calories; 5g Fat; 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1.5g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs
Old 09-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member

FLUFFY BISCUITS

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
Post #12 in this thread for my FLUFFY BISCUITS is my best Carbquick recipe (my old Pizza Crust Recipe is second best) : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...at-i-want.html

Took me 40+ years to come up with a light and fluffy biscuit and now I don't eat Carbquick anymore. So I'm back to square 1.
The recipe looks really declicious Buttoni. THANKS FOR SHARING! Where were you getting the "Jennifer Eloff Gluten-Free Bake Mix?" Grocery or on-line?

Here's the recipe for those interested:

FLUFFY BISCUITS

I kid you not, these are hands down the lightest, fluffiest, best biscuit I’ve made in 40 years! And man, my husband will tell ya, I’ve been trying to find a good biscuit recipe for the entire time I’ve been married!!! Who would have ever thought the best would end up being a low-carb recipe?! My inspiration was Jennifer Eloff’s focaccia bread recipe, which I tweaked a bit. I just made the resulting batter into drop biscuits and man were they good! These are not suitable until the grains rung of OWL because of the CarbQuick (has wheat and soy). If you use all almond flour and no CarbQuick, they would be OK for OWL nuts & seeds rung, but still not suitable for Induction.

INGREDIENTS:

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
½ c. Jennifer Eloff Gluten-Free bake mix
¼ c. CarbQuick bake mix
1 T. Parmesan Cheese, grated
½ c. Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
½ tsp. each baking powder and baking soda
dash salt
1 T. olive oil

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. Soften cream cheese and beat in the eggs. Add all remaining ingredients and beat well. Dip onto parchment lined baking sheet, forming 9 large drop biscuits. Pop into preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until nicely browned.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 9 large biscuits, each containing:

134.5 calories
11.9 g fat
4.04 g carbs, 2.04 g fiber, 2.0 NET CARBS
7.56 g protein
199 mg sodium
Old 09-10-2013, 03:28 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
ratcat, it should be in this thread:

Gluten-Free Recipes
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Thanks, Watcher. Yes,Ratcat, I just make her recipe up scratch and keep some in a canister in my pantry. I've tried several of her bake mix recipes and you can't go wrong with them! When I was still consuming Carbquick, I found a blend of Jen's mixes WITH the Carbquick got rid of the Carbquick taste I don't care for. Not sure why/how, but a combination just seemed to hide that off CQ taste for me.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #28
Junior LCF Member

CARBQUICK CORN DOGS!!!!

I am finally able to put pics of the corndogs to entice you to try this. If you do - let me know what you think!

CARBQUICK CORN DOGS

1 Corn Pone Pan or something else that works for you (See pic)
1 Pkg Hot Dogs (or Smoked Dogs which I prefer)
3T Matha White Self-Rising White Cornmeal (with hot rize)
1c Carbquick
1 Large Egg
1/8c Splenda (or up to 1/4c if you like it sweeter)
1/2c Half and Half
1/4c UNSALTED butter (Carbquick is salty enough)

Mix all ingredients together.

Ok, spray your pan very well with PAM cooking spray.
Put a layer of batter into the well of each well in the pan.
Lay your dog on top of the batter.
Cover the dog with more batter.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 mins or golden brown (time may vary)
Carefull turn out onto a plate to cool.
EAT AND ENJOY!!!

SERVES 8 (1 corndog each)

The carb count (minus whatever dog you choose) is as follows. Please add the carbs in your dog of choice to my total for the batter to get your count:

4.3 Carbs per Corn Dog (For batter alone)

Old 09-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Buttoni and Watcher! I appreciate the help with this. I had no idea you can make your own low-carb bake mix! Great info!