Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Favorite CarbQuik Recipes? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/312504-favorite-carbquik-recipes.html)

dg7500 01-24-2005 09:27 AM

Favorite CarbQuik Recipes?

OK, so my Carbquik just arrived, and I'm looking through all of the yummy sounding recipes. WHERE to START?!?:stars:

For those of you who have been using the Carbquik, would you mind sharing a few of your favorite recipes, and perhaps some hints that you've learned along the way? Hopefully that will get me moving in the right direction.

TIA

PaminNY 01-24-2005 10:17 AM

Hello there,

I've tried a few recipes and all were very good. Cheddar bay biscuits were good with lc chili; impossible cheesecake and Erin's blueberry and peach pies are divine. These pies are simple to make. Turkey (chicken) pot pie was wolfed down in a hurry lol

Can't wait for my next order to be shipped to try other recipes. Enjoy!!

- Pam

Motts Landing 01-24-2005 01:36 PM

IMO....the Mcgriddle pancakes and the cornbread make it worth it's weight in gold!

eko42 01-24-2005 07:47 PM

Thanks PaminNY for the nod to my pies!

I second Motts Landing on the Cornbread and I have also enjoyed the Cheddar Cheese Biscuits.

Erin---

stewcarol 01-25-2005 05:48 AM

I just made Linda Sue's oven baked chicken with carbquick and it turned out pretty good. Nice crust and very easy using bone in chicken.

dg7500 01-25-2005 07:50 AM

Thanks for the input! I made a 'sgetti squash casserole last night, and decided to try the cheddar bay biscuit recipe....quite nice, I must say. Now I'm looking forward to trying some of the dessert recipes this weekend. Has anyone tried the brownie recipe that's on the box? It sure sounds good!

PaminNY 01-25-2005 08:55 AM

Hi dg,

How could I forget the brownie recipe .. yes, I tried it and it was difficult to eat just one piece! lol

Erin ... just giving credit where credit is due! Love the pie! :cool:

- Pam

Wine2 01-25-2005 09:03 AM

My children (the younger one is not even doing LC) love the pizza crust on the back of the box. I don't follow their topping suggestions, as I do pepperoni and mozzerella of course because it's the only kind they'll eat, but my DH and I like it too. It makes a perfect size crust for 4! Don't expect it to be like regular pizza crust though, as it is just a vehicle to get the good stuff in your mouth!:rofl:

Charski 01-25-2005 01:10 PM

I love their cheese biscuits.

I also made them without the cheese or seasonings the other morning, and doubled the butter. I rolled them out using Carbquik on the board and cut them into rounds and baked. Very much like Bisquick biscuits, and great with sausage gravy for breakfast!

I've also made the Impossible Taco Pie from the Carbquik recipes threads and we love it.

And I've made two kinds of cookies, I may also have gotten both those on the same thread - a cream cheese based one, and a gingersnap. Both were good.

I just ordered 3 more 3 # boxes!

Char

griffin 01-25-2005 02:07 PM

i have the brownies as a staple in my house, use unsalted butter though. i refrig or freeze, and it makes it less dry and fudgier, esp the next day. yum!

eko42 01-25-2005 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by griffin
i have the brownies as a staple in my house, use unsalted butter though. i refrig or freeze, and it makes it less dry and fudgier, esp the next day. yum!
I agree with the tip on using unsalted butter, I use unsalted butter in all Carbquik recipes. Carbquik is salty enough!

Erin---

mesquite 01-27-2005 11:16 AM

I cave, where can I get Carbquick, in the store? or is it an online product?
Everything sounds so good.
Hugs
Sue

Banshee5 01-27-2005 11:34 AM

I ordered from here using netrition site; click on the "market place" tab near the top of the page

mesquite 01-27-2005 12:37 PM

Thanks for the quick response Banshee.
Hugs
Sue
/

Over50Mom 01-27-2005 01:22 PM

Quote:

How could I forget the brownie recipe .. yes, I tried it and it was difficult to eat just one piece! lol
I'd like to find out which brownie recipe you're using. Is it the one on the box?

One of my favorite Carbquik recipes, and I've made it twice now is the "Chocolate Chunk Scones". That recipe is in the huge Carbquck post. They're very, very yummy!

I'd also like to ask, and this is OT, how does one reply with a quote and have the author's name in the quote. I haven't found any info on that in the FAQ's and I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

LindaSue 01-27-2005 05:29 PM

Nancy, look down in the bottom right-hand corner of the person's post that you want to quote. You'll see "quote" in orange. Click on that and it will paste that person's complete message in a reply box. You can edit and remove parts of their message, but don't mess with the bits in brackets. Those codes are necessary for making it view properly.

Over50Mom 01-27-2005 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LindaSue
Nancy, look down in the bottom right-hand corner of the person's post that you want to quote. You'll see "quote" in orange. Click on that and it will paste that person's complete message in a reply box. You can edit and remove parts of their message, but don't mess with the bits in brackets. Those codes are necessary for making it view properly.
Hey, it works! Thanks so much LindaSue :rolleyes:

ratcat 08-26-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dg7500 (Post 4491875)
OK, so my Carbquik just arrived, and I'm looking through all of the yummy sounding recipes. WHERE to START?!?:stars:

For those of you who have been using the Carbquik, would you mind sharing a few of your favorite recipes, and perhaps some hints that you've learned along the way? Hopefully that will get me moving in the right direction.

TIA

I am so EXCITED! I should have my first box tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read up on this!:jumpjoy:

rosethorns 08-26-2013 01:08 PM

Then you will love reading this thread. It was very loved once.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/re...k-recipes.html

ratcat 08-26-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 16575594)
Then you will love reading this thread. It was very loved once.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/re...k-recipes.html

I ALREADY love this thread! LOL! Being able to include a baking mix into "the mix" is certainly "stirring" things up a little! (Sorry for the puns, but they were JUST RIGHT THERE! LOL!) :laugh:

ratcat 09-06-2013 12:20 PM

CARBQUICK CORN DOG BATTER

OKAY LOW CARBERS! We need to get this thread going strong again!

I have been on a hunt for a good corn dog recipe to use with Carbquick. I also didn't want to fry them. This worked VERY well for me, so please give it a try and let me know what you think:

CARBQUICK CORN DOGS

1 Corn Pone Pan or something else that works for you (See pic)
1 Pkg Hot Dogs (or Smoked Dogs which I prefer)
3T Matha White Self-Rising White Cornmeal (with hot rize)
1c Carbquick
1 Large Egg
1/8c Splenda (or up to 1/4c if you like it sweeter)
1/2c Half and Half
1/4c UNSALTED butter (Carbquick is salty enough)

Mix all ingredients together.

Ok, spray your pan very well with PAM cooking spray.
Put a layer of batter into the well of each well in the pan.
Lay your dog on top of the batter.
Cover the dog with more batter.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 mins or golden brown (time may vary)
Carefull turn out onto a plate to cool.
EAT AND ENJOY!!!

SERVES 8 (1 corndog each)

The carb count (minus whatever dog you choose) is as follows. Please add the carbs in your dog of choice to my total for the batter to get your count:

4.3 Carbs per Corn Dog (For batter alone)

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.45780...=80&c=8&pid=3.

I have pics of the finished product but can't figure out how to load them. I will work on that and get back with you. If anyone knows how to post uploaded pics - let's me know.

kalatraza 09-07-2013 11:07 PM

My favorite Carbquick recipe is Nancy's Ritzy Crackers. They're actually mostly almond flour but the relatively small amount of Carbquick does nice flaky happy things to the texture.(The easiest place to find the recipe is on Linda Sue's site, I think.) I add a good teaspoon of butter or similar flavoring to the recipe and don't usually have any sesame seeds. Should also probably say that I rarely make these because I cannot for the life of me just eat a few. . . !

Oh, and anymore I refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes or so, roll it into a log, slice it into rounds as if I was making cookies, place on parchment lined baking sheet, and bake.

Mmmm. I'm tempted to dig around in my freezer and see if there's any Carbquick left in there. . .

buttoni 09-08-2013 08:06 PM

Post #12 in this thread for my FLUFFY BISCUITS is my best Carbquick recipe (my old Pizza Crust Recipe is second best) : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...at-i-want.html

Took me 40+ years to come up with a light and fluffy biscuit and now I don't eat Carbquick anymore. So I'm back to square 1. :(

ratcat 09-09-2013 09:07 AM

NANCY'S RITZY CRACKERS

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalatraza (Post 16594841)
My favorite Carbquick recipe is Nancy's Ritzy Crackers. They're actually mostly almond flour but the relatively small amount of Carbquick does nice flaky happy things to the texture.(The easiest place to find the recipe is on Linda Sue's site, I think.) I add a good teaspoon of butter or similar flavoring to the recipe and don't usually have any sesame seeds. Should also probably say that I rarely make these because I cannot for the life of me just eat a few. . . !

Oh, and anymore I refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes or so, roll it into a log, slice it into rounds as if I was making cookies, place on parchment lined baking sheet, and bake.

Mmmm. I'm tempted to dig around in my freezer and see if there's any Carbquick left in there. . .

SOUNDS WONDERFUL KALATRAZA!!! :jumpjoy:
I just hunted the recipe down and can't wait to try it. Here it is for any interested:

NANCY'S RITZY CRACKERS
3/4 cup almond flour, 3 ounces
1/4 cup Carbquik bake mix
2 teaspoons granular Splenda or 2 drops Sweetzfree *
1 egg white
3/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons untoasted sesame seeds
2 tablespoons butter, softened

Mix all ingredients well in a small bowl. Chill dough about 30 minutes. Drop dough by 1/4 teaspoons onto a parchment-lined 12x17" baking sheet making 24 little piles leaving at least an inch between them. Pick the pieces of dough up one at a time and very gently roll into balls. Cover the dough with plastic wrap (you can use a small piece and move it around as needed) and take a baking powder can, that has about an 1/8" rim around the bottom, and press down firmly over each ball of dough. Be sure to press all the way down to the baking sheet. Peel off the plastic wrap and repeat until all the crackers have been shaped. Prick them with a fork.

Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. After 15 minutes, check them every couple minutes to make sure they don't get too brown. Cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature or freeze for longer storage.

Makes 24 crackers
Can be frozen

* Add 1/2 carb per 2 crackers if using granular Splenda.

Per 2 Crackers: 59 Calories; 5g Fat; 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1.5g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs

ratcat 09-09-2013 09:15 AM

FLUFFY BISCUITS

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttoni (Post 16595785)
Post #12 in this thread for my FLUFFY BISCUITS is my best Carbquick recipe (my old Pizza Crust Recipe is second best) : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...at-i-want.html

Took me 40+ years to come up with a light and fluffy biscuit and now I don't eat Carbquick anymore. So I'm back to square 1. :(

The recipe looks really declicious Buttoni. THANKS FOR SHARING! Where were you getting the "Jennifer Eloff Gluten-Free Bake Mix?" Grocery or on-line?

Here's the recipe for those interested:

FLUFFY BISCUITS

I kid you not, these are hands down the lightest, fluffiest, best biscuit Ive made in 40 years! And man, my husband will tell ya, Ive been trying to find a good biscuit recipe for the entire time Ive been married!!! Who would have ever thought the best would end up being a low-carb recipe?! My inspiration was Jennifer Eloffs focaccia bread recipe, which I tweaked a bit. I just made the resulting batter into drop biscuits and man were they good! These are not suitable until the grains rung of OWL because of the CarbQuick (has wheat and soy). If you use all almond flour and no CarbQuick, they would be OK for OWL nuts & seeds rung, but still not suitable for Induction.

INGREDIENTS:

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
c. Jennifer Eloff Gluten-Free bake mix
c. CarbQuick bake mix
1 T. Parmesan Cheese, grated
c. Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
tsp. each baking powder and baking soda
dash salt
1 T. olive oil

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350. Soften cream cheese and beat in the eggs. Add all remaining ingredients and beat well. Dip onto parchment lined baking sheet, forming 9 large drop biscuits. Pop into preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until nicely browned.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 9 large biscuits, each containing:

134.5 calories
11.9 g fat
4.04 g carbs, 2.04 g fiber, 2.0 NET CARBS
7.56 g protein
199 mg sodium

watcher513 09-10-2013 04:28 AM

ratcat, it should be in this thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ce...e-recipes.html

buttoni 09-10-2013 09:48 AM

Thanks, Watcher. Yes,Ratcat, I just make her recipe up scratch and keep some in a canister in my pantry. I've tried several of her bake mix recipes and you can't go wrong with them! When I was still consuming Carbquick, I found a blend of Jen's mixes WITH the Carbquick got rid of the Carbquick taste I don't care for. Not sure why/how, but a combination just seemed to hide that off CQ taste for me.

ratcat 09-10-2013 11:40 AM

CARBQUICK CORN DOGS!!!!

I am finally able to put pics of the corndogs to entice you to try this. If you do - let me know what you think!

CARBQUICK CORN DOGS

1 Corn Pone Pan or something else that works for you (See pic)
1 Pkg Hot Dogs (or Smoked Dogs which I prefer)
3T Matha White Self-Rising White Cornmeal (with hot rize)
1c Carbquick
1 Large Egg
1/8c Splenda (or up to 1/4c if you like it sweeter)
1/2c Half and Half
1/4c UNSALTED butter (Carbquick is salty enough)

Mix all ingredients together.

Ok, spray your pan very well with PAM cooking spray.
Put a layer of batter into the well of each well in the pan.
Lay your dog on top of the batter.
Cover the dog with more batter.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 mins or golden brown (time may vary)
Carefull turn out onto a plate to cool.
EAT AND ENJOY!!!

SERVES 8 (1 corndog each)

The carb count (minus whatever dog you choose) is as follows. Please add the carbs in your dog of choice to my total for the batter to get your count:

4.3 Carbs per Corn Dog (For batter alone)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3648/3...b7159064_z.jpg

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/194/3mfj.gif

http://imageshack.us/a/img194/6748/z5kp.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/4189/i9wy.jpg

ratcat 09-10-2013 11:44 AM

Thanks Buttoni and Watcher! I appreciate the help with this. I had no idea you can make your own low-carb bake mix! Great info!