Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2004, 01:36 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patt3
Stats: 173/153/150
WOE: /low carb
Low carbers dwindling

I'm getting scared about this! I just read an article that low carbers have dropped from 9% in January to 4.5% in September and sales of books and LC foods are dwindling. And another study saying that Low fat is better for keeping off weight no matter how you lost it.
I just don't it to be like it was when I first started this over 5 years ago and there were virtually no low carb products out there!! Think that could happen???
Patt3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2004, 02:30 PM   #2
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: scott123
Stats: 245/220/205
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/6/04
I'm not sure where they are getting these numbers from, but I'm not buying them. Beef/pork/cream/nuts are all way too expensive for there not be an increased demand for them.
scott123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:25 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
I wouldn't stop eating low carb even if I was the only person doing it. With perhaps the exception of liquid Splenda, there are no low carb products I can't live without. In fact, if I couldn't get liquid Splenda, I'd just give up low carb sweets. Specialty products aren't necessary for this WOE.
LindaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:26 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: StephanieK
Stats: 430/370/Decide when I get there
WOE: Mostly Vegan/Vegetarian Whole Foods
Start Date: 2/3/2014
The stores here have finally started carrying all of the low carb products, however I can't stand soy and most of the low carb foods are made with it so I don't buy it anyway. I do like the Russell Stover's stuff though.

Honestly most people who are the most successful with this WOE seem to go the real food route and limit the low carb products for the most part. As for the books, I have through the years bought most variations of the low carb diet and most of the new books are just rehashing the prior books. The market is reaching its saturation point.

Low carb diets will be around for a while because when done correctly it is the best way to eat all around. If everyone who was diabetic would be given this life saving plan they would be on their way to reversing the damage done to their body. My brother was having his blood sugar spike to over 550 and nothing was getting it down. I convinced him to give Atkins induction a try and within one month his blood sugar was normal through diet alone. He's also lost a bunch of weight in the last couple of months.
StephanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:33 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LeighDear
In January, all the "New Years Resolution" dieters will yet again, inflate the numbers of low-carbers.....happens EVERY year....

By March, things will have leveled out....The folks that do it wrong & don't lose will drop out and the ones that do it right & see results will continue.....

Don't fret, Patt!......
LeighDear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 07:08 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Criosa
Stats: 240/171/150
WOE: hhCG, Low Carb
Start Date: In and out since 2003
I occasionally stop and glance at the low carb section in our grocery store, and shake my head. It's mostly low carb junk food. I do much better to stay away from most of it. I don't think that the products that I use most often will disappear, like splenda, SF Davinci, SF syrup, gluten flour, and almond flour. Almond flour is used by celiacs (or you can make your own), gluten flour for baking, and diabetics like the sugar free stuff. I think like it was said above, a lot of things disappearing are the soy products. Yuk! I'll eat soy, but not so much of it! Another problem was the price! It's hard to keep coming up with the money for something that doesn't really taste all that great anyway, even if it is supposed to be better for you.
Criosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 04:49 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patt3
Stats: 173/153/150
WOE: /low carb
Thanks, all. You are right! The products I really do need will probably continue to be around.aand as long as Linda Sue kees coming up with her recipes I'll be fine!
Patt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 08:40 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tracelin
Stats: 130/130/119 ~5'3"
Start Date: Restart jan2014
Quote:
Honestly most people who are the most successful with this WOE seem to go the real food route and limit the low carb products for the most part.
I agree!!
tracelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:21 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amazlilith
Stats: 328.5/280.5/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2004
I felt that way...

But then, especially after finding this site, I found that anything I want I can make myself from scratch. I don't think staples will go away (splenda and such). The whole idea of atkins in the first place is to wean off of the carbs, processed food and get back to whole foods.
Amazlilith is offline   Reply With Quote