Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2004, 01:00 PM   #1

Gallery: silentkate
Stats: 242/182.4/140
Ronco Showtime Rotisserie, heat reflector?

Hopefully one of you Ronco Showtime Rotisserie owners can help me out. My sister ordered me a Showtime Rotisserie(I believe it's a #4000 Standard) for Christmas and they delivered it today. It was supposed to be a surprise, but the box was covered with a picture label saying what it was, so needless to say, it's not a surprise anymore. We decided that it's going to be a family gift, so I went ahead and put it together. I'm a little confused about the Heat Reflector. I didn't get one in my box. I have a shipping list, and the Heat Reflector is listed on it(it's the only listed item missing). I also have an unpacking sheet, and it talks about how important the heat reflector is. But in my Instruction and Recipe Booklet there is no mention of the heat reflector. Also, in the instructional video I didn't notice a heat reflector(their machine looked the same as mine). My question is, am I missing it? Or is it not included because my model doesn't require one? Did your machine come with one? If it is necessary to have a heat reflector, I'll of course call the company, but I thought I'd check with you guys first.

Last edited by silentkate; 11-17-2004 at 01:02 PM..
silentkate is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2004, 01:06 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NotoSugar
Yes you need the heat reflector. You should call them to have them ship one out.

My unit is the full sized one and it has a heat reflector.

Unless yours is a newer model...
NotoSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:08 PM   #3
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: daboyzmomi3
Stats: 246/204/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 8/31/09
Katie-

The heat reflector should be already in place in the rotisserie, behind the heating element. Sort of looks like a curved piece of tin, for lack of a better description. If it isn't there, you definately need to call company and have them send one out. Good luck. Wait til you try all the recipes,,yuuuuuuuum
daboyzmomi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by daboyzmomi3
Katie-

The heat reflector should be already in place in the rotisserie, behind the heating element. Sort of looks like a curved piece of tin, for lack of a better description.
I was thinking it might already be in place, but the Unpacking Sheet shows how to install one, which is why I thought it may be a separate peace. My problem is that I have no idea what it looks like. I don't want to call the company for a new one, only to find out that I had one all along. Here's a picture of the inside of my Rotisserie, maybe one of you could tell me if I'm missing the heat reflector:

lol, Thanks.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:22 PM   #5
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: daboyzmomi3
Stats: 246/204/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 8/31/09
Here is a picture of what it should look like Katie. To me it looks like it's not in there. If there is nothing removable behind your elements, then it'd time to call them to send one out. Hope this helps.

daboyzmomi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by daboyzmomi3
Here is a picture of what it should look like Katie. To me it looks like it's not in there. If there is nothing removable behind your elements, then it'd time to call them to send one out. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help, I'll go ahead and call them.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TheSevenOfUs
Stats: 250/230/150
WOE: The Abs Diet
Start Date: March 2010
Did you get the reflector?

I know that it has been a long time since you asked this question, but I did not get one in mine either. I have tried contacting the company, but they haven't replied. Did you get a response?
TheSevenOfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
mine was in place.

there are different versions of the machine. i would call to verify. perhaps yours is a newer model. it pays to verify. if yours needs one, make sure u don't have to pay extra for it. You are gonna luvit. sometimes, i pull up a chair and watch my critter rotate. very therapeutic and mesmerizing, and DELICIOUS. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI (AMERICAN IDLE).
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote