Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2004, 04:41 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzg
Stats: 178/139/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sept'03
Carbquik Easy drop danish

2 cups Carbquik mix
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons splenda (I used more like 3)
2/3 cup (heavy) cream
1/4 cup SF preserves, any flavor
Vanilla Drizzle (See Below) (next time I'll leave off)

1. Heat oven to 450┬║F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or lightly grease with shortening.
2. Stir Bisquick mix, butter and splenda in medium bowl until crumbly. Stir in cream until dough forms; beat 15 strokes. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet. Make a shallow well in center of each with back of spoon dipped in water; fill each with 1 teaspoon preserves.
3. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with Vanilla Drizzle while warm.

for the drizzle...
1TBSP warm water
3/4 cup (powdered in food processor) splenda
1/4 tsp vanilla.

These are yummy. This is a bisquick recipe I just modified to use splenda and carbquik.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2004, 05:05 AM   #2
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: LCRedhead
Stats: Total Lost 9.5
WOE: SS
Start Date: Aug. 22, 2008
Re: Carbquik Easy drop danish

Quote:
Originally posted by suzg

Vanilla Drizzle (See Below) (next time I'll leave off)
Because? Did you find it too sweet?

Thanks for the recipe they look de-lish
LCRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 05:28 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzg
Stats: 178/139/120
Start Date: Sept'03
Re: Re: Carbquik Easy drop danish

Quote:
Originally posted by LCRedhead
Because? Did you find it too sweet?

Thanks for the recipe they look de-lish
The frosting was just *ok*. Not as good as if made with sugar and different consistancy. Instead of sitting on the danish, it soaked in.
I added more splenda to the danish than the recipe called for...and it tastes sweet enough to me.

I really liked the SF Blackberry jam...except it was made with nutrasweet...so I won't eat much of that. The flavor was tasty though!

I bought some frozen blueberries last night...and hope to find a recipe to cook them with some slenda and just use that for things that need a sweet fruit filling. I saw a recipe somewhere to do that the other day...unfortunately I can't remember where, so I'll need to find that again.
suzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:04 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
What brand of sugar free preserves did you use? I have bought several and thrown them away because I didn't like the taste. The Steel's has been the only one I could stand, but I would like to try something I could get locally.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:02 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Suzg,

You should post this over in the Carbquik Recipes thread! There is a sticky under the Carbquik thread with all of the recipes in it. Looks delish, can't wait until my Carbquik gets here!
Oregon Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:48 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: showgirl
Stats: 127/116/115 5'3"
WOE: diet free!
Start Date: 3/1/05
what do y'all mean by sugar free jam or jelly. can't you use "simply fruit" or any other preserves made with only fruit? thanks!
showgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 01:01 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Exelis
Stats: 295/265/200
Start Date: (1st 1/6/03 - 70 lbs lost) This time: 4/2/05
Quote:
Originally posted by showgirl
what do y'all mean by sugar free jam or jelly. can't you use "simply fruit" or any other preserves made with only fruit? thanks!
Only fruit really means nothing when it comes to low-carb. There are tons of juices out there that are 100% from fruit, but they also are full of sugars. If you could find one made with just whole fruit, and no juice added, you could count it like you would a piece of fruit, but I've never seen anything like that.

There are preserves sold now that have the fructose removed (at least partially) from them, and the sweetness is made up for with artificial sweeteners.
Exelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 05:50 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Criosa
Stats: 240/171/150
WOE: hhCG, Low Carb
Start Date: In and out since 2003
Re: Re: Re: Carbquik Easy drop danish

Quote:
Originally posted by suzg
The frosting was just *ok*. Not as good as if made with sugar and different consistancy. Instead of sitting on the danish, it soaked in.
I added more splenda to the danish than the recipe called for...and it tastes sweet enough to me.

I think I will try this Danish and pipe on a cream cheese frosting. Then it would be like a Cream Cheese Danish!
Criosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:02 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kglowack
Stats: 165/158/135 @ 5'8
Start Date: October 2003. Restart July 2008
I made these and they're yummy. They look more like cookies though. I made 1/2 of the recipe and I got 9 cookies/danishes. I actually ended up adding more cream because the dough seemed really dry so maybe that's why they turned out thinner. I used Keto blueberry preserves and cream cheese frosting on top. I also baked them at a lower temperature because 450 seemed like a lot for Carbquik (I started at around 415 and then lowered it to 375 after 5 minutes). They were done in about 8 minutes.

Anyway, they are pretty good and I'd definitely make them again. I only wish I knew how to make them less cookie-like and more danish-like. Thanks for the recipe.

-K.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:35 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kglowack
Stats: 165/158/135 @ 5'8
Start Date: October 2003. Restart July 2008
Bump because these are really good. I made them again but this time I used 3/4 of the recipe and baked them in a muffin pan to make sure they don't spread out as much. DBF loves them and he's really hard to please in terms of food
kglowack is offline   Reply With Quote