Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2004, 02:58 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mooosey
Stats: 220 lbs again
WOE: atkins LC
Start Date: Nov,1st, 2005
Canadians...I need help!...Where to buy Atkins Food??

Hello every one! I am preparing myself for on going and i really want to buy some of atkins products....so if you are from Canada or better yet Ontario...i would like to know where i can find any of these products...which stores and which items have use found already and what you think is a must buy.

Moosey

Thank You for your help!
mooosey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2004, 03:14 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: auntie3
Stats: 217 / bouncing around / 140
WOE: Low Carb/ Lower GI
Start Date: Jan 24/01
Hi Moosey, and welcome!

I recommend that you check out the Challenges Board, and you'll find a CANADA challenge group there - we really are more into support - and helping each other out in just the way you are asking.

Quite a few of the people who post on our thread are from Ontario, and I'm sure you'll be able to find the help you need there.

What I can tell you about Alberta, is that almost every grocery store - Safeway, IGA, SuperStore (also known as Extra Foods or Loblaws) all carry Atkins products. GNC and most other health food stores carry them as well. GNC also carries a variety of other low carb products. I'm sure the Ontario people could give you more specifics. Personally, I tend to avoid most of these products as they contain soy.

HTH

Auntie

Proud member of the SHRINKING VIOLETS
[/color]

[color=red]At the Canada Challenge thread every day![/color]
auntie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 03:25 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mooosey
Stats: 220 lbs again
WOE: atkins LC
Start Date: Nov,1st, 2005
re/ moosey

Thank You very much Auntie...I do appreciate the quick response. I will check it out...I see your in Alberta...What a beautiful Place, I stayed in Edmonton for three months years ago and really enjoyed it. And if walmart and these other stores carry these products then they probably do here to but are you saying that none of these products are good??

Thanks again

Moosey
mooosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 06:40 AM   #4

Gallery: toomuchbooty
Sports Nutrition Depot has a large selection...I go to the one on Yonge street in Toronto.
The Dominion by my house (St. Lawerance market) has Carb Options products (BBQ sauce, ketchup,iced tea,teriyaki suace...) and Atkins mixes (muffins,brownies)
toomuchbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 06:01 PM   #5

Gallery: auntie3
Stats: 217 / bouncing around / 140
WOE: Low Carb/ Lower GI
Start Date: Jan 24/01
HI moosey -

Sorry it took a while for me to get back to you on this!

I personally avoid soy for three reasons: Firstly, I am allergic to it (and anything in the legume family). Secondly, I HATE the taste of it, I find it disgusting. But that's my taste buds. Many people don't seem to mind it, and since most of the low carb products out there contain it (largely because it is a readily available and cheap protein alternative to regular flour), I avoid those products. Thirdly, I have thyroid problems and people who have thyroid problems should avoid consuming too much soya because it can have a very negative affect on the thyroid. (Apparently people who have Hashimoto's diseases should avoid it all together...(second hand information.)

To find our Canada Gang Thread, on the main Bulletin Boards menu page that begins with Main Low Carb Lobby, 4th down is where you will find the one that says: Low Carb Challenges. Click on that, and search until you find one that says "Canada" in the title. There are loads of different challenge and support groups - you are sure to find at least one that suits you!! The Canada gang is there. Here is a link to the most recent thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...hreadid=270019

HTH

auntie3 is offline   Reply With Quote