Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Garlic Sauce (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/256028-parmesan-crusted-chicken-garlic-sauce.html)

Pam in FL 07-20-2004 12:08 PM

Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Garlic Sauce

I made this last night and it was easy and delicious!
First cook the chicken:

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half legnthwise
grated parmesan cheese for dredging
canola oil for frying

Toss the chicken fillets in the parmesan cheese to coat. Fry in the oil until brown and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside. Pour out oil.

For the sauce:
2 tbsp. butter
3 large cloves of garlic (or 4-5 small)-pressed or minced
1/2 pint of whipping cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

In the same pan, melt the butter. Add the pressed garlic and let it saute for 30 seconds or so. You don't want it brown, or the butter burnt! add the cream and the parmesan cheese and let it cook on low heat until you're ready to eat. When you're ready, plate the chicken and spoon sauce over it.

I like this dish with broccoli. My family loved it!

Tulcat 07-20-2004 03:12 PM

That sounds great!

Thanks for sharing. I will have to try it in the next few weeks.

ericblair 07-20-2004 03:27 PM

sounds yummy!!!!

DEBI IN OHIO 07-20-2004 10:54 PM

now I am hungry

keelysmom2000 07-21-2004 05:18 AM

Wow...I'll try this sometime soon. Sounds yummy!!!!!:up:

becksterinindy 07-21-2004 10:59 AM

Thanks. Wrote it down and will be making it soon. This would also be good on fish and pork....yummmm

5cats4me 07-21-2004 03:52 PM

I never thought of using it on fish and pork! Great idea, thanks!

guysgirl 07-21-2004 03:59 PM

My kids will love this THANKS;)

lil_joy69 07-22-2004 11:04 AM

ummmmm going to try this, this weekend

5cats4me 07-22-2004 01:23 PM

I hope you all like it as much as we do! You can add more or less garlic to suit your tastes too. I used 3 of those really big gloves in mine and it was great. I'm making this again tonight to use the other 1/2 pint of whipping cream up. I may try to dip the chicken in egg before the parmesan to see what happens. I'll let you know!

5cats4me 07-22-2004 01:27 PM

I have a new username now, I forgot that when I typed my last reply! I'm still Pam in FL, I was just having problems logging in under Pam in FL so I started over!

5cats4me 07-22-2004 08:41 PM

Okay, tonight I coated the chicken fillets with parmesan cheese, then dipped them in beaten egg, and re-dipped them in the parmesan cheese. There was more of a "breading" on each piece this time (which I loved!) so I will do this every time from now on. The sauce is so yummy, I had leftovers and I can't wait until lunch tomorrow!

pommie 07-25-2004 12:35 PM

Made this last night. Really great. Also had it with broccoli. Will be making this again. Also Ithink it would be good for company, low carb or not.

5cats4me 07-26-2004 05:08 PM

I'm glad you liked this pommie. I agree that it's a good company dish. I'm making it for my sister on Thursday night, she just started Atkins last week. Can you believe this is okay for induction? Yum!

deelicious 08-03-2004 11:18 PM

This sounds good, however, I am a bad cook. What heat do you cook it at? On my stove it goes from 1-6, I am guessing you would do it at about 4-6? Also, just so I am right on the money for this, about how long does it take to cook the chicken at the temperature that you use? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am just really domestically disabled. Thanks.

jezzie 08-04-2004 01:00 PM

Definitely going to try this one!

~jezzie

5cats4me 08-04-2004 04:09 PM

deelicious- This recipe is SOooo easy, you won't be able to mess it up! I cook my chicken in the hot oil until it's done on the inside, which isn't too long since we cut the breasts in half legnthwise (making them thinner). I would guess about 7-8 min. total, but you could use a knife and cut the thickest part of it and see if it's still pink to be safe. I usually cook it on medium/high on my stove, so I'd try the
4 setting on your stove. As long as it's sizzling without burning you should be fine. You can always turn it up or down if you need to. I'd make the sauce with the 3 or 4 setting. You want it to bubble, but not burn as well. Again, adjust it as you go. I hope it turns out good! Let me know okay?

shinie_bubbles 08-04-2004 08:40 PM

This sounds delicious. I can't wait till I get to the store again. :)

Threeboysmom 08-05-2004 03:39 PM

THANK YOU!!! I just made this tonight for dinner, and we all agree - it's DELICIOUS! :) :) :)

I poured some of the sauce over my spinach too - yum!!

SweetP 08-06-2004 08:14 AM

ok question-when the recipie says grated parmesean, does it mean out of the can or real parmesean that I greate? I always wonder that about recipies (when a recipie says grated parmesean what is it talking about!?!? Thanks
Tiffany

Threeboysmom 08-06-2004 10:56 AM

SweetP - I used the stuff out of the can, and it was delicious! I've always assumed when a recipe calls for grated parm. that it meant the canned stuff.

5cats4me 08-06-2004 03:02 PM

Yep, it's the stuff in the green can! I guess you could use either though.

mmmommmy 08-06-2004 06:49 PM

yum - i would like that sauce on a steak. and maybe make a legal ***** on a shingle with it by adding hamburger. then serve it over cauli-rice. OMG! THANKS!

deelicious 08-06-2004 08:32 PM

Okay-thanks for the help with the recipe. :) I do have an additional questions now. Can I use the macnut oil to fry this chicken in? Thanks! :)

teritst 08-07-2004 01:55 PM

I am trying to find a similar recipe I tried not long ago that I clipped from newspaper- instead of chicken used salmon fillet, real parmesan, crushed scallions in breading - was awesome. Have to watch carefully as I recall though. The fillets fry up very quickly.

5cats4me 08-07-2004 06:33 PM

deelicious -I don't see why you couldn't use any oil you wanted. I've only used canola and olive.

teritst- the salmon sounds wonderful! If you find the recipe, will you post it please?

deelicious 08-07-2004 10:59 PM

thanks 5cats! :)

MSS726 03-24-2013 04:03 PM

This is from an oldie post, but it was so good, thought I would share. Made it for dinner tonight. I used a pre made garlic parmesan cheese from WalMart in a can, called Mama Francesca, and I did dredge my thin chicken cutlets in egg first before frying. Served with garlic butter broccoli.