Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2004, 07:24 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sheryl5
Spicy Alfredo Chicken Primavera

I tweaked one of Dana Carpendar's 15 minute recipes, and made a delicious dinner last night. Perfect for those days when you just don't have time to cook. Served with a green salad, this was done in just about 15 minutes. Since I made several changes and it's not her original recipe, I hope it is okay to post!

Sheryl

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
season salt (I used Vege-Sal, but Lawry’s would work.)
pepper
2 slices of a large onion
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 slices of bacon, chopped
1-pound bag frozen mixed cauliflower and broccoli
red pepper flakes to taste
1 cup jarred Alfredo sauce
Grated Romano cheese (could use parmesan)

Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes and season lightly with season salt/pepper. Saute the chicken, bacon, garlic, and onion over medium-high heat. Cook until the bacon and chicken are done and the chicken is slightly browned. (My bacon did not cook long enough to get crisp.)
Steam the broccoli/cauliflower mixture with a little water in a covered microwaveable dish until the vegetables are cooked, but not mushy. ( It took my microwave about 7-8 minutes.)
When the broccoli and cauliflower are done, drain them and add them to the skillet. Add red pepper flakes as desired. Stir in the Alfredo sauce, heat through, and serve. Sprinkle a little romano on top to finish it off.
Sheryl5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2004, 09:10 AM   #2
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Jorry
Sheryl, do you have a carb count? Or maybe a guesstimation? The recipe looks really good!!
Jorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:50 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sheryl5
I think it weill depend on the Alfredo sauce you use. I looked at the Carb Options (3 carbs/serving), but got the Ragu (3 carbs/serving) because it was a LOT cheaper. The original recipe said the entire recipe would be 40 carbs and 15 fibers, so 25 net carbs. You could feed at least 5 people. I think the only carbs I added are in the garlic, but I cut back a little on the onion, so that probably canceled it out. The other changes were, I used bacon instead of olive oil, Romano instead of Parmesan (because that's what I had), and added red pepper flakes. Hope you like it!
Sheryl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:53 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: YarnLady
Stats: 250/220 again/140
WOE: Low sugar, low carb
Start Date: Too many restarts.
Hubby makes something close to this - home-made sauce (it really is easy!), white pepper, and some curry - and boy is it good! Didn't think to add onion though, will try it tonight!
YarnLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladeeda
Stats: 265/199/175
WOE: Protein Power, modified
Start Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl5 View Post
I tweaked one of Dana Carpendar's 15 minute recipes, and made a delicious dinner last night. Perfect for those days when you just don't have time to cook. Served with a green salad, this was done in just about 15 minutes. Since I made several changes and it's not her original recipe, I hope it is okay to post!

Sheryl

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
season salt (I used Vege-Sal, but Lawry’s would work.)
pepper
2 slices of a large onion
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 slices of bacon, chopped
1-pound bag frozen mixed cauliflower and broccoli
red pepper flakes to taste
1 cup jarred Alfredo sauce
Grated Romano cheese (could use parmesan)

Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes and season lightly with season salt/pepper. Saute the chicken, bacon, garlic, and onion over medium-high heat. Cook until the bacon and chicken are done and the chicken is slightly browned. (My bacon did not cook long enough to get crisp.)
Steam the broccoli/cauliflower mixture with a little water in a covered microwaveable dish until the vegetables are cooked, but not mushy. ( It took my microwave about 7-8 minutes.)
When the broccoli and cauliflower are done, drain them and add them to the skillet. Add red pepper flakes as desired. Stir in the Alfredo sauce, heat through, and serve. Sprinkle a little romano on top to finish it off.
Looking for a sausage primavera recipe...this looks like a good way to start. Thanks.
ladeeda is offline   Reply With Quote