Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2003, 03:48 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Quick Question!! About Lactitol...

Hey there everyone!
I just purchased Hershey's Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cups, and I have ate one and then started wondering if Lactitol has an impact on me or not??

So, if I give you the ingredients, can someone tell me how many EFFECTIVE carbs this candy has on me?

Total Carbohydrate: 23 grams
Dietary Fiber: 1 gram
Lactitol: 19 grams

So, if I counted correctly, for five PBCs, (That is the serving size), there should only be 2 effective carbs on you, but I have a feeling, I am incorrect...

They taste incredible, but I heard that Lactitol has some very adverse affects on you, like it can make you really go to the banyo and it actually has more carbs than is stated, can someone help me out???

Please???

Thanks!!!
LiLGirLnBigGirLsBody is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2003, 05:53 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: locarbman
Stats: 289/180/185
WOE: Atkins/Maintenance
Start Date: September 1998
Well, using integral calculus (not ;-), I would count it as 3 effective carbs...23 total carbs less 20 (19 sugar alcohol +1 fiber)). And yes, lactictol is known to have a significiant laxative effect... ;-) My most essential phrase when visiting Mexico was Donde esta el quarto de banyo? (Where is the bathroom?) lOL! Hope this helps... ;-)

Last edited by locarbman; 10-23-2003 at 05:55 PM..
locarbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 06:02 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thanks a Lot!!

I only had one and my stomach felt kinda weird, but that was after I had a Protein Style Burger from In and Out Burger with double extra spread, that may have had something to do with it, actually I am sure, it had something to do with it!!!

My stomach still hurts, I am sitting here and watiting to eat, but don't think I will be able to...

Thanks again,

Tasha C.
LiLGirLnBigGirLsBody is offline   Reply With Quote