Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2003, 11:03 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kissyfur19
Stats: 319/302/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Re-Started 1/9/06
LC Flavored Syrups in Beachgirl's cheesecake

Hey guys - I was thinking about adding some of the Atkins Hazelnut Syrup to the basic cheesecake. Since it is already sweet, I figured I could omit some of the splenda.

Has anyone had sucess in doing this? And if so - what was the amounts you used?

Thanks!
Kissyfur19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2003, 11:57 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wheat16
Stats: 300/198/185
Start Date: 2/14/03
Hi, I keep the splenda but I add a quarter of a cup of Davinici's vanilla syrup. I up the cinnamon and nutmeg some, too. I sometimes make it plain and use the food processor to make a puree of any of the berries (raspberry, blueberries, strawberries, etc) and I drizzle it over the cheesecake before serving. I've become the "cheesecake queen" since discovering Beachgirl's recipe on this BB. The peanut butter/choc one is to die for. I now make this for parties and no one believes how good it is!!!!
wheat16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 06:42 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kayan
Start Date: Nov. 2000
I have made several flavors using the Davinci's sugar free syrups.
I followed Beachgirls Coconut cheesecake recipe. I sub 1 cup of syrup for the powder splenda. comes out great.. Caramel, coconut, rasberry, almond, white choc. I have several more flavors to go. Right now Caramel and coconut is my favorite. depending on the flavor I make I either use vanilla extract or that flavor extract also
kayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 07:07 PM   #4
red5573

Gallery: red5573
Thanks, Kissy for posting this! And thanks Kayan for answering!!

I just posted a question about using coconut davincis in cheesecake or maybe a coconut custard.

I think this answers my question too!! I also have the dulce de leche which is a caramel flavor, so that would also work, apparently
Old 09-01-2003, 08:52 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jpmoeller
I substitute a cup of the SF syrup for the cup of Splenda. I sometimes get a little cracking on top, but it still is delicious - and much less carbs.

I just made one, substituting 1 cup caramel SF DaVincis for the granular Splenda. After pouring batter into springform pan, I sprinkled roughly chopped toasted pecans (I toasted them at 400 for about 15 min on a cookie sheet) on top, right before baking. Next time I think I'll melt some SF chocolate and drizzle on top... Yum.
jpmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 01:41 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diatron
Stats: 207/169/150
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 4/21/03
red: I tried the dulce de leche in a BG cheesecake and it wasn't sweet enough, and the flavor was way too light. I substituted the Davinci for the Splenda in the same proportions.

If you tried it, let me know how it came out.
diatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 04:33 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: momacat
I always use syrup rather that the powered stuff...I like the texture of the cheesecake better. I also add several drops of Trish's liquid Spenda...it added to the syrup seems to make the batter sweeter.

My favorite variation so far is chocolate coconut cheesecake. I substitute chocolate extract for vanilla extract. I add a couple of tbsp of unsweetened coco. I use chocolate Davinci syrup instead of the powdered stuff and a few drops of liquid Splenda. I add a cup of unsweetened coconut...and I omit the lemon juice.
momacat is offline   Reply With Quote