Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2003, 07:09 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mom2ericha
Stats: 274/254/160
WOE: general low carb
Start Date: 2008
low carb beef stew?

Does anyone know of a good recipe for a low carb beef stew that is tried and true? My boyfriend likes beef stew and we're both trying to lose weight. We both like a low carb/atkins type regimen, and I would like to cook for him...don't want to embarrass myself by picking a recipe out of the internet or a cookbook only to find out it stinks!!! LOL I know beef stew isn't low carb, which is sort of a problem...is there a way to MAKE it low carb?
mom2ericha is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2003, 07:22 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Susana
Stats: 165.5/163/135
WOE: Generic Low Carb
Start Date: 09/01/2010
I make it more like a soup than like a stew. I use stew beef then cut it into even smaller bite-size pieces and simmer in seasoned water (just to cover) until done. I set aside the beef, strain the liquid to "clean" it and pour it back into the pot. I add a large can of blended tomatoes and canned beef stock (if it needs more liquid, if not you can omit that), and turnips, green beans and onions. Let the vegetables simmer until the turnips are done. It's good .
Susana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 09:02 AM   #3
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: bernie
I do mine in the crock pot. I put in stewing beef, onions, celery, mushrooms, cauliflower, green beans and what ever other lc veggies you'd like. Add a can o beef borth, A couple cloves of garlic, whatever seasonings and a can of diced tomatoes. Can use gaur gum to thicken juice if you what.

Bernie
bernie is offline   Reply With Quote