Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2014, 10:49 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: td4neal
Stats: 162/152/150 Height: 5'7"
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Looking for quick, easy meals

I've been back on the low carb wagon for about 6 or 7 weeks. I've lost about 10 lbs and would like to lose about 5 or 6 more. I try to keep my calories around 1500 a day and my carbs around 25 g a day. I do some kind of cardio 3x a week.
On Tuesday I'll be having surgery and probably won't be able to cook for myself. I'll be unable to workout or drive possibly for 6 weeks. I will also be limited to lifting only 10 lbs for awhile. Dh who is naturally thin, can eat anything and not gain weight, and not a low carber will be preparing my meals. I need fast, easy things he can prepare that can be incorporated in with the regular meals he'll be making for himself and our teenage boys. I also need simple things I can eat during the day that won't require much preparation.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
td4neal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2014, 06:47 AM   #2
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Make up a big batch of homemade broth. It provide many wonderful elements for healing and will be very useful in that it can be consumed just the way it is or can be the basis of simple soups and even more complicated ones as you feel more inclined to cook.

Good luck with your surgery!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:58 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Karerose
Start Date: late 2003
Make a few different flavors of quiche. You can easily heat up a slice and add a side salad. You can even do bagged salad mix to make it even easier.
Karerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mr_Geiri
Stats: 209/170/170
Start Date: December 2013
Don't worry about going easy on the exercise for a while. It will not make you gain fat. What really matters is the diet and sticking with it.

When I need something quick I tend to have nuts, about 100 grams. Brazilian are my favorite.

Then of course there are the flavored cheeses. Black pepper cheese, Mexican cheese... etc.

Then of course you have bacon and eggs.
Mr_Geiri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
I love the ideas from the other posters! Quiche and salad make a fabulous dinner and I always lose weight after eating it. Here are some other ideas:

*Make a main dish salad with salad greens, chopped turkey, salami and cheese (from the deli), red onion, cucumber and tomato
*Sandwiches on low-carb wraps or bread with salad
*Breakfast for dinner (eggs and bacon or omelettes)
*Quick Asian stirfry using chicken or pork and bagged veggies that you get at the grocery store

Here is a super easy, quick low carb dinner I made this week -- pork chops with acorn squash and salad. All your DH has to do is get some boneless pork chops and cook them in a large pan over medium high heat in 1 TBS of olive oil. Season pork chops with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. It will take 4-5 minutes or less to cook them. To fix the acorn squash, cut them in half and scoop out the seeds. Fill each half with butter, cinnamon, splenda and nutmeg and bake at 450 degrees for 30-40 minutes. And then just fix or buy a pre-made salad and there is dinner!

Good luck with surgery. And congratulations on your weight loss! You are doing really well and should be proud.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: grneyedldy
Stats: 180/134/120
WOE: NK
Start Date: 9/2/2013
Make beef roasts or pork roasts in the crockpot and portion and freeze. You can pull them out as needed.
grneyedldy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: snowangel9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: which time?
All great ideas! I would cook for myself and freeze it. Quiche is a good one, soup, chili, chicken, bacon, etc. Good luck with your surgery!
snowangel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: td4neal
Stats: 162/152/150 Height: 5'7"
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Great ideas! I'll definitely make some quiche and broth. I might cook a roast in the crockpot too.
td4neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:10 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
If your DH is cooking, just eat the meat and veggies. Roast chicken leftovers can also go in a Caesar or soup.
hockey_gal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:00 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bracelet
Stats: 210/206/145
WOE: Low Carb - Diabetes
Start Date: November 28, 2014
When I'm not able to cook, I pick up a baked chicken at Walmart. Also, I sometimes eat a taco salad minus the beans from Hardee's.
Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote