LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Menus For Getting Back In The Groove

Back from the beautiful islands of Hawaii. Was actually able to keep meals LC and only strayed from time to time with a nice fresh piece of Maui Gold pineapple. Offers of sweet fruity drinks were declined. Not a big fan of papaya, passion fruit, etc. but did have a taste of those little apple ? bananas which were lovely. Life on the cruise ship was a bit different...we got sick and were "down" about 3 days with a mild strain of Norwalk. We ate/drank little those days. One good thing about it...bar bill was less than $100 for the whole trip. We did have a great all meat dinner one night in a Brazil-type restaurant. Best roasted lamb I ever had. So came away not gaining, maybe even losing a bit on vacay. Came home to a Thanksgiving immediately....we smoked a fresh turkey and was yum. Perfect size for leftovers this week. My only higher carb for the day was green bean casserole. At any rate, here are my menus for the next two weeks..

Saturday-out for a family party at Olive Garden (will have salad and shrimp and some chianti )
Sunday- making low carb waffles for sandwiches this week for lunches- turkey salad, turkey club, smoked salmon salad and may make enough for breakfast too. Dinner tonight- turkey and sausage gumbo over cauli rice
Monday- burgers (on my waffle), sweet potato planks
Tuesday-broiled tilapia, wedge salad with bacon and blue cheese
Wednesday- turkey noodle soup
Thursday- steak, monster salad, sautéed spinach
Friday- grilled shrimp poppers ( bacon, jalapeños, cheese), chopped salad
Saturday- out to parties tonight and next night- will take LC appetizers for me
Sunday- out to party
Monday- pork chili stew, "experimental" LC cornbread (I will let you know how it turns out)
Tuesday- turkey meatballs with Dreamfields spaghetti, steamed broccoli
Wednesday- chicken breasts Alfredo, monster salad
Thursday- turkey taco soup
Friday- seafood soup or gumbo
Saturday- smoked pork tenderloin, spaghetti squash casserole
Sunday- turkey/bacon cheese burgers, chopped salad
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Yum yum yum A few questions. Lc waffles for sandwiches? What do you make them with? Turkey noodle soup~do you use dreamfields noodles or drizzle eggs like egg drop soup? Grilled shrimp poppers~OMG..I make regular poppers...jalapenos stuffed w cream cheese and wrapped in bacon, how do you do it with shrimp????
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
My LC waffles are either the coconut or almond flour kind....google that I'm kind of in a bind as I have had to cut down on eggs (joint pain) and generally use a half and half with eggs and egg beaters. I got the giant waffle irons for my Griddler so it makes 4 "slices" of bread. Perfect for chick salad, turkey club, bacon burger etc. For these waffles I add a bit of pepper, garlic powder, etc. making them savory. For the breakfast waffles, they will have vanilla, cinnamon and a bit of palm sugar (low glycemic) and maybe some stevia. Serve with blueberries and sugar free syrup.

I use regular whole wheat noodles for my soup, but my portion is only 1 oz. noodles, and yes, I weigh them. You can use Dreamfields Mac but just don't overcook.

Poppers!! Love Em....get the big jalapeños, cut In half and scrape innards into sink. Dispose! Meanwhile.....par cook (half cook) some shrimp in butter in a medium pan. Season to taste and let cool. Take half jalapeño and smear with goat cheese or cream cheese. Top with a shrimp and then wrap in as much bacon as you can stand Bake in oven 375 for 20 minutes or until bacon browned. You may want to use a toothpick to secure but generally wrapping in bacon is enough. Baked/broiled/roasted jalapeños are not hot. They take on a sweetness as long as no seeds or membranes present. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing dip.
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote