LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Thanksgiving Menus Anyone?

Here's mine (all LC), but I'd like to see yours!

Appetizers
Creamed Spinach Dip
Hoe Cake crackers
Fresh veggie tray with french onion dip (inside a cheese crisp bowl)
Meat n Cheese platter
Stuffed Mushrooms
Deviled eggs

Meats
Turkey
Ham
Duck

Sides
Pork Rind Stuffing
Smashed Cauliflower
Fried rice Cauliflower
Broccoli/cheese/bacon Casserole
Baked Green Bean Casserole
Butternut and Bacon Soup

Breads/desserts
Revolution rolls
Cheesecake
Pumpkin Bake
Jello Cloud

Beverages
Root Beer Floats
Cappuccino Creams
Jello Punch
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
All looks good above...I may make my stuffing from seasoned MIM...I have not tried the pork rind stuffing.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/22/14
WOE: LC
Start Date: One day at a time
Funny you post this as I was just planning my Thanksgiving menu this morning. I have been eating according to Induction, but have decided to plan on eating maintenance level carbs on Thanksgiving Day. Then on Friday, it is back to Induction to keep those pounds coming off!!

I will be the only lowcarber present (and will only have four people at dinner), so my menu reflects a few additions that I will not be partaking in. I put an asterisk next to items I will be skipping.

Appetizers
Nuts
Veggie, *chips, and dip tray
Meat, cheese, and *cracker tray

Meats
Turkey

Sides
Family Recipe Stuffing made two ways (*one with breading and one without)
Butternut Squash
Sweet potato
*Mashed potato
Green beans
Carrots
Gravy
Cranberry sauce two ways (*traditional and no sugar added variety)
*Rolls

Desserts
Pumpkin Bake
SF Egg Nog Ricotta Cookies
SF PB Cookies
*Apple Pie
*Choc Chip Cookies
*Ice cream

Beverages
Coffee
Cans of soda
Old 11-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I forgot to put on the menu my LC-no flour gravy.

Trish, there are lc ice creams and chocolate cookies if you were wanting some. I like your PB cookies...I may have to find a good recipe for them. Love PB.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
What is a cappuccino cream? Sounds yummy.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Some things my family will never, ever, ever change....EVER

And I'm the hostess! ACK! Anyway, there's enough in this to keep me happy.

We got a Masterbuilt electric smoker *and we are in love with it* and will be smoking a 15 lb turkey. We have fried our turkeys for the last 21 years but I took one look at that peanut oil price tag... so we are having it smoked this time around.

green bean casserole
spinach Madeline
Cajun dirty rice dressing
yeast rolls
jalapeńo cornbread dressing
mashed potatoes
overnight salad
pumpkin pie/pecan pie

I eat lots of spinach Madeline, turkey and overnight salad. The pecan pie will be a paleo concoction with lots of whipped coconut cream
I won't be a hungry girl.
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

mama, what is the overnight salad and do you have the recipe for the cajun dirty rice dressing? The rice dressing sounds really good and was thinking maybe i could make it out of cauli rice depending on your recipe.

Chewie, the cappuccino cream is a recipe I found on Linda Sue's site and will be trying it the first time this year. I will leave out the splenda/AS though. From her site:
"QUOTE- CAPPUCCINO EGG CREAM
1 cup cold coffee
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 eggs
4 tablespoons Cinnamon Dolce Syrup (see recipe below)
3 ice cubes
Put everything in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Adjust the sweetness to taste, if necessary.
Makes 1 serving
With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 326 Calories; 27g Fat; 13g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 9g Net Carbs
With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 302 Calories; 27g Fat; 13g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

CINNAMON DOLCE SYRUP
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
Put the water and butter in a 1 cup measuring cup and microwave on HIGH about 40 seconds to melt the butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Makes about 1/2 cup
With granular Splenda:
Per Tablespoon: 20 Calories; 1g Fat; trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1.5g Net Carbs
With liquid Splenda:
Per Tablespoon: 14 Calories; 1g Fat; trace Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; trace Net Carbs
This was pretty tasty but I've yet to see how long this keeps me feeling full since I just finished drinking it. You could omit the Cinnamon Dolce Syrup and just add the sweetener or syrup of your choice. I just happened to find both of these recipes in the past couple days and thought they'd go well together. I like my coffee drinks very sweet but you might be able to get by with only 2 tablespoons of the syrup. I started with that amount and ended up adding 2 more tablespoons. -ENDQUOTE"

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."Henry Ford

My Weight Journal ~MissyDee~

Last edited by mjgh06; 11-04-2013 at 05:13 PM..
Old 11-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
mjgh06- for the overnight salad just google "overnight salad with bacon" and Pioneer Womans recipe will come up. That's a good blueprint to start from. We have done it several different ways....one time we used chopped salami instead of bacon and used some peppers and chopped artichoke hearts, kinda Greek style.

For the dirty rice....let's see. I have done it just two times with the cauli and it was pretty good. Start with 4-6 cups of the cauli rice, cooked and drained well. Set aside.

In a skillet ...cook 1 cup each-chopped onion, bell pepper, celery in bacon grease. Season with salt and pepper and add a tablespoon (or more) chopped garlic. To this you will add 1/2 lb ground beef and cook till brown and crumbly. Now, to this you add 1 pint of chicken livers that have been put through the Vitamix. I just spin till liquid. Add this to the skillet and cook until pink is gone. Combine with cauli rice, adjust seasonings and bake until hot- 350 at 20 minutes or so. You could cook on stove top too. Cooking out the moisture makes the cauli more rice-like.
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

mama that sounds so Delish!! I will definitely try it this TG. I found a sausage stuffing recipe looking on the internet for lc stuffing. I may use my basic pork rind stuffing and add in sausage and bell peppers as well this year.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #10

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgh06 View Post
mama, what is the overnight salad and do you have the recipe for the cajun dirty rice dressing? The rice dressing sounds really good and was thinking maybe i could make it out of cauli rice depending on your recipe.

Chewie, the cappuccino cream is a recipe I found on Linda Sue's site and will be trying it the first time this year. I will leave out the splenda/AS though. From her site:
"QUOTE- CAPPUCCINO EGG CREAM
1 cup cold coffee
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 eggs
4 tablespoons Cinnamon Dolce Syrup (see recipe below)
3 ice cubes
Put everything in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Adjust the sweetness to taste, if necessary.
Makes 1 serving
With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 326 Calories; 27g Fat; 13g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 9g Net Carbs
With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 302 Calories; 27g Fat; 13g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

CINNAMON DOLCE SYRUP
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
Put the water and butter in a 1 cup measuring cup and microwave on HIGH about 40 seconds to melt the butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Makes about 1/2 cup
With granular Splenda:
Per Tablespoon: 20 Calories; 1g Fat; trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1.5g Net Carbs
With liquid Splenda:
Per Tablespoon: 14 Calories; 1g Fat; trace Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; trace Net Carbs
This was pretty tasty but I've yet to see how long this keeps me feeling full since I just finished drinking it. You could omit the Cinnamon Dolce Syrup and just add the sweetener or syrup of your choice. I just happened to find both of these recipes in the past couple days and thought they'd go well together. I like my coffee drinks very sweet but you might be able to get by with only 2 tablespoons of the syrup. I started with that amount and ended up adding 2 more tablespoons. -ENDQUOTE"
Wow, looks fantastic. Thanks so much.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: glorianow
Stats: 450/271/150
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: November 17, 2013
mjgh

How do you make pork rind stuffing please? I make 3 dressing on Thanksgiving...Cajun sausage, seafood and traditional. I would love one that I can eat and pork rind dressing might be it.
glorianow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #12

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgh06 View Post
mama that sounds so Delish!! I will definitely try it this TG. I found a sausage stuffing recipe looking on the internet for lc stuffing. I may use my basic pork rind stuffing and add in sausage and bell peppers as well this year.
linda sue's is wonderful!
Quote:
SAUSAGE-MUSHROOM "DRESSING"
1 pound pork sausage
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped, about 4 ounces
2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
16 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
4 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper, to taste

In a large skillet, brown the sausage along with the onion and celery. Cook until the celery is tender; drain the grease. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are tender. Put the sausage mixture in a casserole dish and stir in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Microwave to melt the cheese and heat through or bake at 350ş for 30 minutes until browned on top.

Makes 4-6 servings
Can be frozen

Per 1/4 Recipe: 509 Calories; 39g Fat; 33g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs
Per 1/6 Recipe: 339 Calories; 26g Fat; 22g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

Although the texture isn't really like real stuffing, the flavors are close. I made this for our Thanksgiving dinner and it was nice to have that stuffing flavor along with my meat and gravy. I would probably leave out the cheese next time. The cheese did help hold everything together but it got a little oily when I reheated it. I don't think it would be too hard to eat without the cheese as long as you keep the bits of sausage and mushrooms kind of bi
g
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

gloria, here is the recipe for pork rind stuffing I have used in the past. It is similar to the sticky bread stuffing my family loves:
Pork Rind Stuffing
1 bunch of celery chopped
1 large onion chopped
1 stick butter
1/2cup HWC
6oz chicken broth
5eggs
1 bag pork rinds or 2cups homemade crushed by hand or ground
Italian seasonings

In skillet melt butter and fry celery and onion on med to med-high until just turning a little crisp and black on edges. Beat eggs in a bowl. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. If it doesn't look formed or is still a little to watery, add in some more crushed pork rinds. The mix should be gooey but thick. Spread onto a greased baking sheet. Cook at 400 for 20-25 mins until nicely browned.

After cooking I separate into two batches and add in 2tbs hot sauce for one batch as some of my family like it spicy.

But I am thinking of trying this sausage stuffing recipe this year.

Last edited by mjgh06; 11-15-2013 at 08:17 AM..
Old 11-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
I'm subscribing to this thread cause I'm going to need a lot of help!
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:21 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I am the hostess for my family, and my brother has already sent me a cute card with money in it. He said that he knows I'm watching what I eat, but that we needed "fat foods" for Thanksgiving so he sent money to cover extra things. I thought it was so funny!

Here's my menu:
Smoked turkey
Ham
Cornbread dressing
LC GF cornbread dressing
Mashed potatoes
Green beans
Corn
Seven layer salad
Mac n cheese
Brussel sprouts
Sweet potato casserole
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie
Sweet potato pie
Grape salad
Various rolls and bread
Deviled eggs

I have pans to eat my dressing, turkey, seven layer salad, deviled eggs, brussel sprouts, and I am going to make myself a dessert.

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Good Luck Cfine! I just could not imagine having all that good non-lc food around and remain on plan. If you stay on plan you are the Queen of Low carbing!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #17

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
pioneer woman's mashed potatoes were a big hit last year

Quote:
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 1 Hour Cook Time: 30 Minutes Difficulty: Easy Servings: 10

Print Recipe
Ingredients
5 pounds Russet Or Yukon Gold Potatoes
3/4 cups Butter
1 package (8 Oz.) Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 cup (to 3/4 Cups) Half-and-Half
1/2 teaspoon (to 1 Teaspoon) Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1/2 teaspoon (to 1 Teaspoon) Black Pepper
Preparation Instructions
Peel and cut the potatoes into pieces that are generally the same size. Bring a large pot of water to a simmer and add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 to 35 minutes. When they’re cooked through, the fork should easily slide into the potatoes with no resistance, and the potatoes should almost, but not totally, fall apart.
Drain the potatoes in a large colander. When the potatoes have finished draining, place them back into the dry pot and put the pot on the stove. Mash the potatoes over low heat, allowing all the steam to escape, before adding in all the other ingredients.
Turn off the stove and add 1 ˝ sticks of butter, an 8-ounce package of cream cheese and about ˝ cup of half-and-half. Mash, mash, mash! Next, add about ˝ teaspoon of Lawry’s Seasoning Salt and ˝ a teaspoon of black pepper.
Stir well and place in a medium-sized baking dish. Throw a few pats of butter over the top of the potatoes and place them in a 350-degree oven and heat until butter is melted and potatoes are warmed through.
Note: When making this dish a day or two in advance, take it out of the fridge about 2 to 3 hours before serving time. Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 20 to 30 minutes or until warmed through.
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

I am adding in some low carb cookies I just made today and turned out really well.

1 Carb Chocolate Cookie
Makes 18 cookies.
.72Fat/1.65Protein/.64Netcarb/15cals per cookie
8droppers of liquid stevia toffee flavored(2tsp)
2 oz or 1cup Hershey's unsweetened special dark cocoa powder
4 large egg whites, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
2slices bacon crumbles to top (optional)

Preheat oven to 320F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. fluff egg whites, stir in remaining ingredients.
Spoon the batter onto the prepared sheets in mounds of 1 tablespoon each. Press with fork.

Bake for 15 mins. Cool completely. Can be stored in airtight container for a few days.

Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookie
Makes 18 cookies.
7.78fat/4.13Protein/1.79 Net carbs/93cals per cookie
1 cup All Natural Peanut Butter (or any other low carb nut butter)
4droppers stevia
1 local free range egg
2 slices bacon crumbles to top (optional)

Preheat oven to 320. Combine all ingredients and stir well. Make small balls and place on tinfoiled cookie sheet. Press with fork. Bake for 20 mins.