LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SchoolPsych1979
Stats: 255/244/145
WOE: ALMOST NO CARBS, with artificial sweeteners
Start Date: 03/25/2013
"Simple" low carb meals for induction

So I have been floundering in my mind about which WOE to go with. I have had a revelation recently (Actually, the past hour, hehe). I need to stick with low carb to get rid of these crazy cravings. I was dabbling in JUDDD for a little bit but I need to do low carb all the way.
In the past I have been making crazy low carb dishes that involved a lot of sour cream, cream cheese, cheese in general, etc. I think my meals were very very high caloric. Not that Atkins or other low carb doctors will say that is bad, but I am going to go in the direction of "simplicity" and a mild effort at portion control to see if I can get down a good few pounds.

When I think of simple or plain low carb meals, I think of steak, chicken, salmon with a side of veggies. But that seems so plain to me. I do like cheese and butter. Can you please post what a "simple" low carb menu looks like so I can get an idea? I'm just so used to making quiches, pies, frys, etc.

Thanks in advance!
SchoolPsych1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
giJ
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: giJ
Stats: Size 18W+/8
WOE: My own - low carb, high fat, calorie controlled
Start Date: You mean this time? 9 Jan 2012
A lot of people post their daily menus. There's a different thread for each day, so you have THOUSANDS that you can look at if you go back far enough

My meals are generally "protein of some sort cooked on the George Foreman Grill", sometimes with veggies (frozen/microwaved or a salad) on the side.

I do best limiting my dairy, and keeping things simple. Also, all my meals are cooked in under 10 minutes (minus grill heating time), so it's just as easy to make at home as to even go through a drive through.
giJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Here's an easy peasy sauce that makes the plain fabulous. Great for Steak, chicken, pork or fish. Recipe is courtesy of a low carber here, and I'm so thankful for it. It came w/no measurements, and I an see why, because you can easily do it to taste and the quantity you need.

garlic
onion
cream
mustard
dill
salt

Sautee the garlic and onion, add the cream, then rest of spices. Takes just minutes, serve immediately. Delishmo! I like it on pork chops with spicey asian green beans.

Another dinner I love is a couple brats sliced on 2 pieces of bread machine low carb bread, spread with spicey mustard, and toped with a pile of fried onions.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Here's an easy peasy sauce that makes the plain fabulous. Great for Steak, chicken, pork or fish. Recipe is courtesy of a low carber here, and I'm so thankful for it. It came w/no measurements, and I an see why, because you can easily do it to taste and the quantity you need.

garlic
onion
cream
mustard
dill
salt

Sautee the garlic and onion, add the cream, then rest of spices. Takes just minutes, serve immediately. Delishmo! I like it on pork chops with spicey asian green beans.

Another dinner I love is a couple brats sliced on 2 pieces of bread machine low carb bread, spread with spicey mustard, and toped with a pile of fried onions.
That sauce sounds delish!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giJ View Post
A lot of people post their daily menus. There's a different thread for each day, so you have THOUSANDS that you can look at if you go back far enough

My meals are generally "protein of some sort cooked on the George Foreman Grill", sometimes with veggies (frozen/microwaved or a salad) on the side.

I do best limiting my dairy, and keeping things simple. Also, all my meals are cooked in under 10 minutes (minus grill heating time), so it's just as easy to make at home as to even go through a drive through.
I never really bothered to look at the daily thread menus! LOL but I'll look. Thanks for that!