Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Menus (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-menus/)
-   -   What do you feed your kids for a quick breakfast? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-menus/792133-what-do-you-feed-your-kids-quick-breakfast.html)

Mommy2aCutie 12-27-2012 06:56 AM

What do you feed your kids for a quick breakfast?

Title sums it up--what are some quick school morning breakfasts that you can pull together quick and get out the door that are kid friendly? I would be interested in ideas for their packed lunches as well. :)

ab1ht 12-27-2012 07:09 AM

Don't have any ideas about things that can be pulled together quickly, but I can offer a different approach...

I often make my lunch for work the night before. That way it only takes about 30 seconds to pack (usually a tuna or egg salad and piece of fruit). That way, I'm not getting the evil eye from the wife as she's trying to make breakfast for the kid.

Making a healthy breakfast and packing it the night before can make your mornings much less stressful.

Just Beachy 12-27-2012 07:21 AM

We're homeschoolers, so no rushing out he door for us. However, I have made my kids homemade breakfast bowls that they can heat up themselves. If you don't mind them eating it in the car, I guess they could be portable - as long as you remember to bring the dirty dished in when you get home.

:) Beachy

mamasooze 12-29-2012 08:35 AM

I'm making two things this week for my husband to grab n go in the morning. Not necessarily low carb, but can be made so, I guess. Anyway....to fix and freeze- make ahead breakfast burritos with sausage, egg, chiles, cheese in a flour tortilla. And baked oatmeal squares. I make them with the coconut sugar, oats, chopped dates and walnuts. A minute in the microwave and you are good to go.

sya_unit 12-29-2012 01:47 PM

I make my DS mini quiche for breakfast. We can just reheat one or three in the AM for him to munch on with his hot coco. Mini muffin tin filled with bacon, sausage, cheese (or whatever) and filled with egg 2/3 of the way up-cook at 350 until firm. Super easy to make and reheat. I take a poll and make what DS requests. And they are good for me to snack on too.

I actually am considering making him egg, bacon, and some sort of lc bread sandwiches to reheat in the morning. He loves those mcmuffins and it would be super easy if I can find something that stands up to making the night before and reheating in the morning.

I also make a pan of sausage and scrambled eggs every weekend. This gets eaten by my whole family and is done by mid week. DH makes burritos out of it. I use it for a breakfast bowl, DS snacks on it. Yes it reheat well if you dab a bit of HWC or cheese on it and it isn't dried out.

sya_unit 12-29-2012 01:50 PM

Oh, I send PB and apples with DS, cheese stick, roll-ups with meat/cheese on a toothpick with a dippy sauce of some sort. DS loves katsup, so that is usually what I pack. He isn't really completely LC, but he likes most of the LC stuff I make.

dansamy 12-29-2012 03:37 PM

Quiche muffins. I have pre-teen/teen boys. I use the regular size muffin tin. I'm going to buy a large size one becausE they'll still eat three regular sized ones.

Mommy2aCutie 12-30-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sya_unit (Post 16158964)
Oh, I send PB and apples with DS, cheese stick, roll-ups with meat/cheese on a toothpick with a dippy sauce of some sort. DS loves katsup, so that is usually what I pack. He isn't really completely LC, but he likes most of the LC stuff I make.

Do you precut the apples? If so how do you keep them from turning brown? Thank you :)

Mommy2aCutie 12-30-2012 04:46 PM

I am going to make some of the muffins --thank you for that idea