Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Menus
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: becominglex
Stats: 148/148/130
WOE: modified anti-candida diet
Start Date: Friday, May 25th, 2012 (back on the horse)
Vegan anti-candida meals

Because I am a vegan and am on the anti-candida diet I thought I would share some of my low-carb snacks with you guys. Just basic ideas, but it can be hard to find even snack ideas on this diet if you don't consume animal products.

Cut broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber and zuchinni with organic hummus (you can add diced onion and fresh garlic to it to make it kill off more candida)

air-popped popcorn with melted coconut oil, sesame oil or melted margarine and a bit of sea salt

Raw almond and almond butter in celery sticks (no raisins though!)

Chickpea and carrot (easy on the carrots as they may be too sugary for some) indian curry made with coconut oil.

Carrot and ginger soup (where I live there are varieties of carrot and ginger soup, butternut squash and also chickpea soups that are pre-made but there are also good recipes online)

Miso soup with cubed tofu and wakame seaweed (some people think that any fermented food must be avoided but kefir, kombucha, miso, kimchi and some other fermented foods can actually be beneficial- try small amounts and see how you react as an individual)

Seaweed salad

There are many recipes for tabouli salad on line which is great (I make one with lots of onion, garlic, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley and mint and a very small amount of quinoa)

This is my 3rd post here and I am very happy to be here. Does anyone else have any other suggestions that are vegan and fit for someone on the anti-candida program. Thanks.
becominglex is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links