Old 03-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dredaye9
Stats: 171/156/125
WOE: LC
Start Date: August2014
Easter brunch preparation

Hello all!!
So I always get into a slippery place when it comes to family gatherings. Easter brunch is a family tradition that we always have. Now instead of doing what I normally do and just go and hope that I can find something LC I'm going to save myself the disappointment and just bring some food that I know is ok. So basically I need advice for someone who is on a TIGHT BUDGET lol and want to bring some appetizers / LC food to Easter brunch. Also adding I am not much of a cook so easy cheap recipes would be the best idea. So far my idea is
- deviled eggs
- sausage
- bacon
Any simple Easter ideas/ recipes u would like to share?? Thanks !
- megs

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Make scotch eggs! Hardboiled eggs wrapped in sausage all crisp and lovely. Serve halved with coarse mustard.
Or make crisp thin sliced black forest ham cups in a muffin tin to fill with egg salad that has diced celery mixed in or whatever filling you like
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
I would do a breakfast quiche or casserole type dish... A bunch of eggs mixed with some cream, then add meat and veggies and cheese of your choice and bake it off.
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Spread thin slices of deli ham or roast beef with seasoned cream cheese. Put a dill pickle spear or an asparagus spear at one end and then roll up. Wrap rolls tightly and chill, then slice into pinwheels. Then fight all the non-low-carbers who want to eat your food!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:00 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
And don't forget the low carb/sugar free cheesecake!
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:10 AM   #6
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
If it is an appetizer, I would suggest stuffed mushrooms - very easy and economical. Here is an allrecipes version but there are tons of variations...

STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Ingredients
• 12 whole fresh mushrooms
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
3. When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dreams skinny
Stats: 263/???/125
WOE: Atkins72 (20 or less)
Start Date: Restart Oct . 2013/restart April 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
If it is an appetizer, I would suggest stuffed mushrooms - very easy and economical. Here is an allrecipes version but there are tons of variations...

STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Ingredients
• 12 whole fresh mushrooms
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
3. When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.

Oooo that's sounds good !
dreams skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: graciejean
speck333,I am with you ,lol
graciejean is offline   Reply With Quote