LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kajpen
Stats: 136/130/120
WOE: Crack the Fat Loss Code
Start Date: 09/07/2008
Crack The Fat Loss Code - Recipes

I thought it would be nice to post the recipes that we submit into one location. It is sometimes hard to remember where certain recipes are found in the posts.
kajpen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Mary MC's Crockpot Cola Chicken

Crockpot Cola Chicken

Chicken (any part – I used thighs)
Diet cola (I used Diet Rite)
1 cup of low sugar or low carb ketchup
Splash of apple cider vinegar
Couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce
Couple dashes of hot sauce
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon of salt
Couple dashes onion powder
One quarter of an onion, sliced
Xanthan gum
Old 09-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Egg Popovers

Submitted by Kelley -

Egg Popovers
Makes 14
Preheat oven 350

14 slices of turkey breast (not too thin)
7 eggs
7 egg whites
1/2 - 3/4 cup of shredded low fat cheddar
and I added 3/4 cup of salsa but you could probably go with just salt and pepper

Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and place one slice of turkey in each cup
Scramble eggs, egg whites, and mix in cheese and salsa if desired. Use ladel to fill turkey cups with egg mixture. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Take out and run knife around rim of each cup. Let cool for 5 mins and remove from tin. Great to eat right out of oven, but I threw mine in a zip lock after they cooled and into the fridge.

[COLOR=indigo]"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo]"The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer"[/COLOR]
Old 09-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Lovewins Famous Ribs

[COLOR=#006400]Lovewins Famous Ribs[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#006400]I use Sam's Club baby back pork ribs (comes in a 3 pack)
Canadian steak seasoning (again a Sam's club choice (Tone's I believe)
here's the MAGIC...
Put ribs in a big roaster, sprinkle each slab with seasoning, cover and cook at 250 for 3.5 to 4 hours. No added water, no extra heat, and PLEASE don't boil the suckers.
add BBQ sauce just before you sear them on the grill- just for flavor.
Falling off the bone EVERY TIME. [/COLOR]
Old 09-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Hot Buttered Rum Protein Shake

1 Pre Made Vanilla Shake or you can use Vanilla protein Powder and Cup of water

1/2 tsp of Rum Extract

Generous shake of nutmeg and cinnamon

4 ice cubes

Blend with blender, magic bullet or the like

Taste and add more spice to taste!
kelley17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Banana Bread Protein Shake

1 Pre-made Vanilla Protein Shake or Vanilla Protein Powder and Cup of water

1/2 tsp of banana extract

1/2 tsp of walnut extract

Generous sprinkling of nutmeg

5 Ice Cubes

Blend in blender, magic bullet or the like Taste and add more spice to taste (if needed)
kelley17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: marymc
Jassy’s Millet Bread

Hello Ladies,

I wanted to let you know that I made a millet bread and it ended up being sooooooooooooo yummy.

I found this recipe:

1 1/2 cup millet flour
1/2 cup soya flour
3 tbs baking powder
1/2 ts. salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
1 cup water

Bake it on 375, 45 minutes to 1 hr.

I found soya flour with no problem but millet flour was very hard to find. Anyhow I ended up buying millet hulled. I cooked a cup of that and it was like rice. Drained it and it ended up being like 1 1/2 cup. I used that instead of millet flour. But because it was still little wet and not dry like flour I used 1/2 cup of water. It was like corn bread, so yummy and it was awesome for breakfast this morning.
marymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:39 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie in VA’s Snack Idea

Here is a recipe from a million years ago, Weight Watchers, that I think might work as a snack. Feedback?

2/3 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup buttermilk (I use the instant)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
DRY Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix

Blend the first 3 ingredients thoroughly, till creamy. Stir in the dressing mix (to taste). Chill. Serve with legal raw vegetables. I love the taste of this and don't notice the cottage cheese at all.

You would have to figure out how much would be a serving for Wendy's way.

And Violet Skye’s Suggestion

I'd sub 1/2 cup Walden Farms Ranch Dressing for the ranch dressing powder and the buttermilk, because it adds 0 carbs. The dressing mix is nothing but salt and sugar under various disguises.

You can add other things to cottage cheese, such as salsa, cucumbers and garlic, or just fresh herbs like dill and cilantro. Or a slug of DaVinci Syrup, to make a cheesecake substitute.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marty Sweetness Greek Pizza

OK ..im in heaven. Im a little late on this cause im only allowed one carb before 3 and i just ate it. Just 12 mins later. lol

Here is what I made and it was so good!!!

EZ has tortillas. so i made a greek pizza.

I used an EZ tortilla. placed it on a baking stone. I had left over sauteed egg plant so i added it on top of the EZ. I then added crumbed feta cheese, not to much, thin sliced red onion. and drizzled olive oil and place in oven till crisp and cheese melted. I had my oven at 400 ..so maybe 10 mins or less.

I live by a middle eastern store and got oil cured black olives. I cut only 4 in a fine dice and cut some fresh basil and added it on top.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marty Sweetness Deviled Eggs x 2

Devils Eggs

Ingredients

3 large eggs, hard-cooked
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 dash pepper

Directions

1 Cut eggs lengthwise into halves.
2 Slip out yolks and mash well with a fork.
3 Mix in remaining ingredients.
4 Fill whites with yolk mixture, heaping it up lightly.

You can also change it up by adding your fav mustard and by adding a hit of horseraddish!!!

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 (60g)

Recipe makes 3 servings

Calories 112
Calories from Fat 74 (66%)
Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Fat 8.3g 12%
Saturated Fat 2.0g 10%
Monounsaturated Fat 2.8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 214mg 71%
Sodium 149mg 6%
Potassium 69mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 2.8g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0%
Sugars 1.0g
Protein 6.4g 12%

All coutesy of recipezaar.com

Now is how I make my Deviled Eggs

12 large eggs
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons mustard
1 tablespoon minced sweet pickle
1 dash worcestershire sauce
salt & fresh ground pepper
1 dash lemon juice
1 dash horseradish sauce
1-2 dash Tabasco sauce
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 tablespoons paprika (garnish)
Old 09-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Denise Michigander’s Zone pancakes

6 T. oatmeal
1 egg
1/4 c. cottage cheese

Mix together and fry in a nonstick pan....it usually makes 3 pancakes for me. I only had SF jam in the house this morning...so I used that on top. Hope to get to the store tomorrow for some SF syrup.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Becki’s Oatmeal Pancakes

1 egg
1/4 cup egg whites
1/3 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup dry oatmeal
cinnamon to taste
splash of vanilla
Splenda to taste (I used 2 pkt)

Mix the egg, egg white, cottage cheese, vanilla, Splenda, and cinnamon in your blender, until combined. Add oatmeal. Blend again, until smooth.

Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat should be medium to medium low. Cook batter as you would regular pancakes. These even make the tell-tale bubbles.

Delicious!!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:47 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marty Sweetness Frittata

A favorite breakfast suggestion is making a frittata. It’s like a crust less quiche. I make it in a 8” round non-stick cake pan. I spray it with butter flavored cooking spray. Add ingredients first before I add the egg. So I added lightly wilted spinach ..sautéed mushrooms, a smidge of real bacon bits (im sorry but bacon makes everything BETTER!!) and Swiss cheese. I make sure all ingredients are evenly spread. Then I beat 6 extra eggs with a little water and half/half. Add sea salt and pepper. Pour over ingredients and bake at 350 for 30 mins. This for me if 4 meals at breakfast. Its filling and you are pretty much done for breakfast. I change up the ingredients all the time.

Broccoli/ cauliflower and cheese (parm)
Ham and Cheese
Seasoned ground beef and cheese (cheese burger)
All veg ..all meat …you can really be creative with this.

You can also use 4 to 6 eggs whites and beat till there stiff and fold that into a couple of reg eggs..Almost like a soufflé.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Academicengineer’s Chicken & Spinach Thingy

Academicengineer’s Chicken & Spinach Thingy to Trick Taste Buds Into Thinking They Aren't Missing Out

1 to 1 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach (fresh would work but use a lot more)
1 seasoned grilled or baked chicken breast (3 oz), cut into small pieces
1/4 cup cottage cheese (I hadn't had this as a snack yesterday)
5 or so cherry tomatoes, sliced/chopped
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
some chopped onion, if desired
1 tsp. EEVO
salt/pepper/seasoning of choice

Heat oil in skillet
Add spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes (and onion)
Saute until shrooms and tomatoes are tender
Add chicken and cottage cheese
Stir until all mixed and cheese is melty.

It was really good and even though it didn't have any cream of mushroom soup, or cream of chicken soup or sour cream...it was a good option. On a carb up day, this would have been awesome over some pasta.

I guess if you had cottage cheese earlier in the day, you shouldn't have it for dinner. Actually, it might not be "really legal" to have it for dinner, but I had less than a full serving just to add some cheesy creaminess.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Libster’s Salmon Croquette’s & Sesame Broccoli

Thought I'd share my dinner(W2 D3) a revised salmon croquette,(Atkins), my family's all time favorite meal--

yesterday's cold grilled salmon(1 6 oz steak), 1 egg, chopped onion, chopped cilantro, lemon, s&p in bowl. mix (actually, thought I was so smart by putting oatmeal in the blender for flour to replace soy flour in orig recipe, til I remembered, no starch tonight!!! It was a flourless experiment.

-shape into 2 patties. Sautee in med hot oil. squeeze of lemon over.
It was a fantastic success. Soooo good .Probably could make a yummy Fage/dill sauce(when can we use Fage anyway). My husband is a Fage freak so we always have a bucket in the fridge! Mary you've mentioned it a few times. Just not sure when to use it.

Also made the sesame broccoli--Holy Crap! Never has broccoli tasted so great! Toasted seeds in dry fry pan then took off heat added stuff(had to use balsmic for soy. No oil. Like candy so good. I just can't get over it!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandra’s EZ Salmon Patties

--Easy Lunch recipe Ladies-- I took one piece of EZ bread and toasted it, blended it to crumbs-- then I mixed it with salmon (the boneless in the packets). I added 2 teaspoons of minced onion, parsley, and 2 tbs. of eggbeaters. I patted them into small patties and cooked them on the nonstick pan. -- yum- salmon patties and a big salad!!!
You can use tuna also!!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:52 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Diva’s Fajita Turkey Cheeseburger Egg

Okay, I've put a little bit of spin on today's breakfast. On Sunday, I had sauteed a pouind of ground turkey breast with the lowest-carb dry fajita mix that I could find. I subbed the fajita turkey into the egg cheeseburger, and it was great! I'll take that added <1carb and run with it.

And FitMama Mari’s Version!

Mmmm... I did the same thing with the turkey meat but I just sauteed the meat and added it the Southwestern flavored eggbeaters. Awesome!!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:53 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mischief1 Connie’s Protein Burger and Chicken “Sandwish”

Make yourself that hamburger/cheeseburger for lunch or dinner! You can have hamburger, cheese, lettuce, mustard,a small touch of mayo and SF/low carb ketchup. Just no bun! Wrap it in lettuce leaves. In-N-Out Burger here in California has been serving it for years, they call it a Protein Burger. Now you know if a fast food chain serves it, it has got to be popular enough to be bothered with.

You can fake a pretty good chicken sandwich too. Craving spicy? Sprinkle chili powder or a little cayenne to your chicken breast before you cook it. Part of the fun and part of the challenge on week 1 is to take what you love and make it "doable".
Old 09-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandra’s Salmon

I had this for dinner and it was delicious.

One way to jazz up salmon~

2 tbs chopped shallot --
2-3 tbs either fresh roma tomatoes or stewed
-tsp thyme
-tsp oregano
- garlic
-lime or lemon juice optional

Combine the ingredients
Put the salmon on a piece of aluminum foil-- top it with the ingredients-- bake at 425 for 20 minute—
Old 09-12-2008, 10:57 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Snoopylvr’s Almost Sausage

Add some allspice to your lean ground beef when it's almost cooked--->>tastes like sausage!!! I cook a bunch of meat at once and put in fridge so it's easy to grab and sprinkle into the omelette, or use for a taco salad. Yummy!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mischief1 Connie’s Dinner Ideas

I thought I would share what I have had for dinner this week with y'all. (No not from the south but I love it when MaryMc and you others say it so hope it is ok I am borrowing.) I am on Week 2 Day 3. It may give some ideas to those coming up on week 2.

Monday night had broiled steak with mushrooms sauteed in a combo of EVOO and a dab of butter, served with fresh artichokes. I cut the stem end off, rinse them well, wrap my artichokes in plastic wrap and microwave them for 3-4 minutes. When the end slices easily with your thumbnail, they are done.

Tuesday night I cooked porkchops in a little EVOO and microwave some fresh asparagus so they were al dente. Served with some fresh garden tomatoes.

Tonight I cooked 1/2 lean ground beef with some small dice onion. Put 1/2 in the bottom of a baking pan. Top with with 2 canned green chiles, some cheese (I used the Mexican blend which is a combo of Pepper Jack and cheddar). Take an egg, 1/4 cup 2% milk and a little water and pour 1/2 of that over the top. Then layer again. Bake at 350 for @ 20 minutes. It is supposed to be 2-3 servings, but for Mom and I it is 4. I served it with a green bean salad. Blanche your green beans and then plunge into cold water. Drain well. Slice some onion into them along with some tomatoes and cucumber (I like the little Persian ones). Dress with a little EVOO and a little lemon juice (1/2 of a lemon to 1# of beans, so judge accordingly.). A little fresh ground pepper and salt and it's done.

I am taking the the remaining beef and making stuffed red peppers tomorrow night (hate the green ones and the feeling is mutual - they do not like me either). To Mom's I will add some rice, will add some additional veggies to mine, may shred some cauliflower or saute some find chop celery.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mammapo’s Banana Frappucino

Made the mocha shake into a banana frappucino - 1 c ice, 1 scoop pea protein powder, 1 tbsp cocoa, 1 tbsp instant coffee, 1/4 tsp banana flavoring, 1 packet stevia. Blended for 5 minutes. YUM
Old 09-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mammapo’s Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry

Made a ginger/garlic stir fry with lean beef and broccoli, using stevia as the sweetener and xanthan gum to thicken (garlic, ginger, hot sauce, ume plum vinegar, water, stevia, xanthan gum). It was really very good.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mammapo’s Take on Wendy’s Crepes

Tried Wendy's Crepes - but since I'm allergic to regular oatmeal and didn't have the gf kind, I used teff. Teff's got twice the fiber, cup for cup, as oatmeal, and wayyyyyy more vitamins and minerals, so I figured that tweak was safe. I added more water, to make a truly crepe batter, a little cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. YUMMERS - especially when served with a tbsp of earth balance spread (and maple syrup - only a tbsp, but .... I know I know LOL)
Old 09-12-2008, 11:01 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie in VA’s 1-2-3 Fish with Salsa Verde

Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Put 1 tbs olive oil in a baking pan.
Put 1 1/2 to 2 lbs catfish or tilapia fillets in the pan.
Spoon 1 cup/1 can of salsa verde over it.
Bake 8 minutes.
Spread some Monterey Jack cheese on top. Bake 2-3 minutes more.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lovewins Lisa's Favorites

My FAVORITE breakfast

5-6 egg whites
2 C. spinach- wilted
fold in 1/4 C. (feta or 3 tbs.)

For base line day breakfast I add 5-6 oz. pre cooked potato with garlic and herb seasoning OR 1/2 C. rice- exchange feta for a little American cheese. Or easier- 2 slices Ezekiel (EZ) toasted.
YUM

Snack

1/2 C. cottage cheese with pepper
OR a quick roll up with 2 slices turkey and a little cheese
OR a hard boiled egg with yolk- If I'm still hungry, I'll eat another white.

Favorite Lunch:

2 slices EZ sesame toasted with
4 oz. turkey
1 slice swiss and a bit of spicy brown mustard
add onions, lettuce maybe a slice of Tomato.

Snack

I add some ground flax seed to my protein shake for the fat (if yours contains some- don't add!) and it's wonderful fiber (drink with a straw after blending with ice so you don't miss any) or if no flax a tbs. of cream or 1/2 and 1/2.

Dinner

Seasoned grilled chicken
with 1 C. broccoli and a little cheese on the broc.

a fudgecicle (only on base line days!)
Old 09-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #27
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: free to be me
Stats: 199.5/184/172~5'-11~full command of my wardrobe
WOE: Living Life as a Cracker ;)
Start Date: August 24, 2008
EZ Tortilla Chips

Cut the EZ tortillas up into triangles, I use my pizza cutter...comes in very handy!!

Spray them with olive oil (Pampered Chef has a great atomizer for this purpose) Just lightly!

Sprinkle with Garlic Salt

Bake on baking stone preheated in oven to 375deg for about 15 mins. I turn the oven off and let sit in oven for an extra 10 mins. Then remove and let the chips cool.

This is a recipe I used with traditional flour or corn tortillas to make chips...and just modified it for EZ...making it low carb or baseline day friendly!!

Please pay attention to your baking time...it may vary depending on altitude and the type of oven you use.

AND DON'T USE THE BROILER!!! RIGHT DEB???
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]"Fall seven times, get up eight" [/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]~ Japanese Proverb[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]"Never give in. Never. Never. Never. Never."[/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]~ Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish"[/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"] ~ John Quincy Adams[/COLOR]
free to be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jassy’s Pita Pizza

Oh I just thought of a recipe that will do it tomorrow on carb-up day.

When we can eat pizza.... what I do sometimes is take pita break- mostly Greek cause its thicker then regular pita break and put tomato sauce and pizza toppings (cheese, veggies, chicken) and then just bake it for few minutes in the over..... its great awesome home made alike pizza. Its very fast and yummy.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dancinchef’s Like Ranch Salad Dressing

marymc had some good advice about not using commercial salad dressings so I thought I'd post a homemade one I just tried. In a blender or food processor combine 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup non fat yogurt and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Then you can add seasonings such as chives, onion powder, garlic, parsley, curry to change the flavor depending on your salad ingredients or dinner. You could probably tinker around with spices to make it taste like Ranch.

Nutrition count per tablespoon is 7 calories, 0 fat, .5 carbs and 1.3 grams protein. So you shouldn't count it as fat but you may have to count the protein. If someone has thoughts on this let me know.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marty Sweetness Shrimp Cocktail

Use clamoto juice. Just a little to cover. add lemon ..lots of cilantro ( i put it in everything!!!) a little red or green onion. Lots of Cukes and radishes!!

Add avocado for the fat ..chill and your set ..very low calorie and maybe no more 3 cards per serving.