LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #121
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: free to be me
Stats: 199.5/184/172~5'-11~full command of my wardrobe
WOE: Living Life as a Cracker ;)
Start Date: August 24, 2008
Alissa's Recipe for Green Bean French Fries
2 lb fresh green beans (or frozen just increase cooking time)
3 Tablespoons of EVOO
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or more to taste)
Garlic powder (to taste)

1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash & trim green beans, and dry well.
3. Spread out green beans in a large cookie sheet in one layer.
4. Mix EVOO with minced garlic.
5. Drizzle/toss EVOO & garlic mixture over green beans
6. Use your hands to be sure all the beans are evenly coated and spread them out into one layer.
7. Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, until beans are fairly brown in spots and somewhat shriveled (they will look nasty).
8. Serve hot or at room temperature & Enjoy.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]"Fall seven times, get up eight" [/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]~ Japanese Proverb[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]"Never give in. Never. Never. Never. Never."[/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]~ Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish"[/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"] ~ John Quincy Adams[/COLOR]
free to be me is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #122
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: jkvetter
Stats: Not sure, but not weighing either.
WOE: Goal is 50% raw; 50% non-refined, non-processed
Start Date: 10/22/2009
Turkey Sausage Stir Fry

1 link Turkey Smoked Sausage, cut into pieces
1 medium yellow squash, chopped
1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into pieces
2 cups broccoli florets

Place the bottom pieces of asparagus in some water to boil and soften. In a frying pan, place the sausage rounds and let brown, add asparagus tops, squash and broccoli, once asparagus bottoms have softened, add to pan. Stir fry until al dente, do not let them go mushy. Serve

This makes a great carb down dinner or lunch!
jkvetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #123
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Andalusian Chicken Tarragon

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
8 - 10 shallots
1 lemon
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
salt, black pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup dry sherry
1/4 cup chopped, fresh tarragon
2 Tablespoons sour cream

Wash the chicken in cold water and pat dry. Peel the shallots. remove the yellow peel from the lemon with a vegetable peeler (avoid the bitter white pith), then cut into fine shreds and place in a small bowl add 1 Tablespoon lemon juice and set aside.

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 t pepper and saute for 4 - 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the whole shallots stirring for about 5 minutes, until they are soft and translucent.

Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the chicken broth, sherry, lemon juice and lemon peel. Boil the sauce, scraping to deglaze.

Add the chicken to the sauce, cover and simmer over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Remove the chicken and shallots. Whisk the tarragon, sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper into the sauce. Cut the chicken into thick diagonal slices and place into sauce. Let simmer for 5 minutes and serve.

Eat for the body you want, not for the body you have.

Nothing tastes as good as FIT feels!
Old 11-07-2008, 07:23 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Tuna or Salmon muffins

This is such a simple recipe and it appears to be WC acceptable. I made these and left out the celery and Old Bay seasoning and they still are great. I did add onion flakes.

TUNA OR SALMON MUFFINS
Three 6 ounce cans tuna or salmon, well-drained
3 eggs
1 stalk celery, chopped fine
1/2 medium green pepper, chopped fine, 2 1/4 ounces
3 tablespoons onion, chopped fine, 2 ounces
1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded

Mix all ingredients and spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups. Bake at 350║ for 30 minutes until puffed, set and lightly browned around the edges.

Makes 12 servings

Per Serving: 109 Calories; 8g Fat; 12g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb
Lost 100 pounds, my story
DENMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #125
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Wild Rice and Portabella Mushroom Soup

This wild rice soup is delicious on a really cold day. Just remember that when following a CTFLC WOL, you could use this on a Carb Up day or a CH day. This soup really wouldn't work well for Carb Down or Baseline days. If there are different thoughts on this elders, please chime in! Thanks

1 box Uncle Ben's WIld Rice
6-8 Porteenie mushrooms (a little larger than a baby bella, but smaller than a full-sized portabella)
4 cups chicken broth (low-sodium)
2 cups water
salt and pepper (to taste)

Fix wild rice according to package directions on stove top (in a soup pot). Chop up mushrooms into small pieces. Once rice is cooked add 4 cups chicken broth and 2 cups water. Add mushrooms and bring to a boil and then let simmer for 1 hour on low. About half way through, taste your broth and add salt and pepper if needed. Serve with a nice salad.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #126
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Vladis
Stats: 144/129/Goal 120
WOE: Clean Eating/CTFLC
Start Date: 10/18/08
Tuna, Asparagus and Feta Salad

1 Serving

This delicious salad provides about 3 portions of vegetables b a generous start on the daily recommendation of 5-7.

Ingredients:
2 cups romaine lettuce torn into pieces
1 Roma tomato, cut into 8 pieces
1/2 cup steamed asparagus pieces
1/2 can (3 ounces) white albacore tuna, drained
1 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 Tablespoon quality extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar

Instructions:
Mix the romaine, tomato and asparagus. Add the tuna and feta cheese. Sprinkle with the olive oil and toss to coat. Add the balsamic vinegar and toss again.

Nutritional Information:

Per serving:
307 calories
16 g total fat (6 g sat)
62 mg cholesterol
16 g carbohydrate
32 g protein
4 g fiber
807 mg sodium
Vladis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:35 AM   #127
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Vladis
Stats: 144/129/Goal 120
WOE: Clean Eating/CTFLC
Start Date: 10/18/08
Frozen Banana Cream

1 Serving

This is an old restaurant trick that has been around for years. Use this delightfully simple "sorbet" wherever you would use ice cream. Try it sprinkled with chopped nuts, or on a bed of pureed raspberries or strawberries.

Ingredients:
1 very ripe banana

Instructions:
Peel the banana and cut it into chunks. Put the chunks, uncovered, on a plate in the freezer, and freeze for at least an hour. (They can stay overnight.) When you're ready to serve, take out the banana and put the frozen pieces in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the container as needed. As the bananas thaw slightly, the texture will become smooth and creamy.

Nutritional Information:

Per serving:
92 calories
0 g total fat (0 g sat)
0 mg cholesterol
23 g carbohydrate
1 g protein
2 g fiber
1 mg sodium
Vladis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:14 PM   #128
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: dede
Stats: 187/170.0/155 or size 8 whichever comes first!
WOE: crack the fat loss code
Start Date: Oct.13,2008
dede's 2 minute pumpkin muffin

1/2 tsp baking powder
1-2 packets splenda
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or
I have also use 1/4t cinnamon
and 1/4t nutmeg instead.
then beat in one whole egg and
2 tbsp pumpkin
microwave for 1&1/2-2min I do
mine for 2 min.
dede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #129
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Turkey Cutlet, French Style

Non-stick cooking spray
1 Pound TURKEY BREAST CUTLETS, pounded to an even thickness
2 Teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 Teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
Lemon wedges for garnish

1. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat pan over medium heat for 30 seconds.
2. Sprinkle both sides of turkey cutlets with lemon pepper. Place turkey in hot skillet and saute for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until browned and no longer pink in the center (this will depend on how thinly you pound them). Remove from pan.
3. Combine chicken broth, freshly squeezed lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard in a small mixing bowl, mixing well. Add to pan, bring to boil, reduce heat and cook until you have reduced chicken broth by 1/4th, then pour over turkey cutlets
4. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley and serve.

I love this dish with my 1 cup of cooked broccoli and a salad.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:11 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: livinagain
Stats: 219/209/150
WOE: Crack the fat lose code
Start Date: Oct 20/08
Wheat germ

Kelly do you buy the wheat germ toasted or do you have to toast it yourself Can I get it at wally mart .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley17 View Post
4 Skinless/Boneless Chicken breasts
1 egg or 2 egg whites
1/4 tsp of salt
1/8 to 1 tsp of ground red pepper (depends on your taste)
1/4 to 1/2 cup of toasted wheat germ
2 Tbsp butter
Juice from a lemon

Pound chicken breasts thin in between wax paper or buy them already pounded. whisk egg or egg whites in bowl and in another mix wheat germ, salt and red pepper. Meanwhile preheat sautee pan with butter over med/high heat. Dip chick into egg and then dredge both sides of chick through wheat germ mixture. Sautee on each side about 3 minutes or until chick no longer pink. Remove Chick to plate and keep warm. Add lemon juice to pan and deglaze all those yummy brown bits from the chick/wheat germ. Pour over chicken. Serve with your side of veggie!

Excellent and I believe it can be eaten on any day - Wheat germ has only 4 net carbs and 1 gram of sugar per 2 tbsp serving. Plus lots of healthy vitamin E
livinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Valcan
Stats: 275/172/140
WOE: CTFLC
[COLOR="Navy"]Recipe Request

Hi,

I can not buy Ezekiel bread where I live but did manage to buy a bag of Ezekiel flour for half price. Does anyone have a recipe that will make 1 or 2 loaves of bread? I have searched online and have found two different variations but it makes way too many loaves and they list the ingredients to make the flour (what I bought was all the grains and lentils ground up already).

I thought about experimenting and seeing if I could make a batter like for a OMM but using Ezekiel flour. That way I could make one portion at a time. I also thought it might be nice to make a batter out of to coat fish for a baseline lunch day.

Does anyone else use this flour? Any suggestions would be great.

Val
[/COLOR]
Valcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:22 AM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinagain View Post
Kelly do you buy the wheat germ toasted or do you have to toast it yourself Can I get it at wally mart .

Nina - I buy the toasted wheat germ and you probably could get it at wally world. I buy mine at the grocery store.
kelley17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:23 AM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valcan View Post

Hi,

I can not buy Ezekiel bread where I live but did manage to buy a bag of Ezekiel flour for half price. Does anyone have a recipe that will make 1 or 2 loaves of bread? I have searched online and have found two different variations but it makes way too many loaves and they list the ingredients to make the flour (what I bought was all the grains and lentils ground up already).

I thought about experimenting and seeing if I could make a batter like for a OMM but using Ezekiel flour. That way I could make one portion at a time. I also thought it might be nice to make a batter out of to coat fish for a baseline lunch day.

Val
[/COLOR]
Val - I can't help you there. Maybe Jackie will be able to give you tips - great cook!
kelley17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #134
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Baked Cottage Cheese

1 cup cottage cheese (full fat)
1 egg
1 teaspoon agave nectar (or 1-2 packets splenda)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend together well. Spray a baking dish (doesn't take a very large one) with Pam and then pour blended ingredients into baking dish. Bake until set to desired consistency and browned around the edges. (approximately 15 - 20 minutes)

You can add things to the mix also. Such as herbs, spinach, other greens, caramelized onions or shallots, you get the picture. If you are going to make it totally savory, you might want to cut back on the sweetener and vanilla or not use any at all.

The best, I think, is always to saute' the herbs or spinach or greens, onions or shallots before adding them to the mix. Blend the other ingredients first then add the addition you are going to make. Do not blend once you have made the addition (herbs, spinach, greens etc.) You can also use freshly grated Parmesan cheese as an addition. YUM!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #135
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valcan View Post

Hi,

Val
[/COLOR]
Val:

I don't use this flour, but I found a recipe that gives you the types of grains and legumes to use, and how much of each. So, I looked for a recipe and this is what I came up with:
* 6 - 8 cups Ezekiel flour (you will need to use an amount in between these two figures depending on your environment and how wet the ingredient is)
* 4 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 1 cup honey
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
* 2 tablespoons salt

DIRECTIONS

1. Measure the water, honey, olive oil, and yeast into a large bowl. Let sit for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add flour and salt to the yeast mixture; stir until well mixed, about 10 minutes. The dough will be like that of a batter bread. Pour dough into two greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
3. Let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until dough has reached the top of the pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F

I've never used this, so this is a guessing game. Let me know how it goes.

If not, you can try to order it from Trader Joe's online.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: livinagain
Stats: 219/209/150
WOE: Crack the fat lose code
Start Date: Oct 20/08
cottage cheese bake

Jackie this looks great cant wait to try it. Will 2% cottage cheese work I think full fat is 4% if I am correct ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkvetter View Post
1 cup cottage cheese (full fat)
1 egg
1 teaspoon agave nectar (or 1-2 packets splenda)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend together well. Spray a baking dish (doesn't take a very large one) with Pam and then pour blended ingredients into baking dish. Bake until set to desired consistency and browned around the edges. (approximately 15 - 20 minutes)

You can add things to the mix also. Such as herbs, spinach, other greens, caramelized onions or shallots, you get the picture. If you are going to make it totally savory, you might want to cut back on the sweetener and vanilla or not use any at all.

The best, I think, is always to saute' the herbs or spinach or greens, onions or shallots before adding them to the mix. Blend the other ingredients first then add the addition you are going to make. Do not blend once you have made the addition (herbs, spinach, greens etc.) You can also use freshly grated Parmesan cheese as an addition. YUM!

Last edited by livinagain; 11-15-2008 at 04:26 PM..
livinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #137
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

EZ Bread for the Bread Machine

This recipe is for a bread machine. The EZ mix comes from this link:
MIX, EZEKIEL BREAD

Ingredients:
*Ezekiel Bread Mix, Organic hard red winter wheat flour, organic spelt flour, ground millet, ground barley, ground lentils, ground great northern beans, gluten & salt.

Directions:
Use 1 1/4 CUPS plus 1/2 tsp. Warm water. 3 TBLS. Honey, 2 TBLS. Olive oil, add the entire package of bread mix add 1 TBLS. dry active yeast.

Bake on your whole wheat cycle. Makes 1 - 1 1/2 lb. loaf.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Hi,

Thanks for the recipe Jackie. I also found this one after I posted here:

[COLOR="Green"] Ezekiel Batter Bread Recipe[/COLOR]

2 hours | 1╝ hours prep

SERVES 24 , 2 loaves

* 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
* 2 3/4 cups water
* 6 1/2 cups ezekiel flour
* 3 tablespoons sugar
* 3 teaspoons salt
* 2 tablespoons shortening, softened

1. Dissolve yeast in water, in a large bowl.
2. Add half the flour, and the sugar, salt,and shortning.
3. Blend at low speed, then beat 2 minutes at med speed.
4. Mix in remaining flour by hand.
5. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
6. Stir the batter hard for 30 seconds.
7. Spread into 2 8in greased loaf pans (batter will be sticky).
8. Let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes.
9. Bake at 325* for about 45 minutes, until golden brown and done.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:45 PM   #139
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LPARISH
hello again, baked cottasge cheese sounds really good. im wondering tho do you eat it cold or still warm?? thanks leesa this is sucha great place and all of you are so helpful
LPARISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:49 PM   #140
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPARISH View Post
hello again, baked cottasge cheese sounds really good. im wondering tho do you eat it cold or still warm?? thanks leesa this is sucha great place and all of you are so helpful
Leesa: You can eat it either way. Both ways are good.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:41 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pushing 40
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: November 10, 2008
Potato Taco for Carb-down or Baseline

Potato Taco

I used two small potatoes (less than 6 oz)
3 oz ground turkey with taco seasoning
1/4 cup cheddar (actually a little less)
1 Tbl sour cream
Salsa

It was delicious and a lot.

Today was a baseline day for me but could probally be used for Carb-down as well if having your starch at lunch. Counted Cheddar cheese and sourcream as 7g bad fat but everything else fits into plan I think.
pushing 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 185/164.6/Size 10's!!
WOE: Crack the Fat Loss Code
Start Date: July 28.2008
Pumpkin Cream of Wheat

I'm still on a pumpkin kick! Remember pumpkin can be used on carb up or baseline days. I count it as a veggie at my meal.

1 cup water
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
3 T cream of wheat
1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice to taste

In a small saucepan, mix water and protein powder together with whisk until well blended. Add cream of wheat and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Mix well, cover and let stand for a couple of minutes until the cream of wheat thickens up.

I top mine with 1T half and half and a little bit of SF maple syrup.

Count as P/V/S. Enjoy!!!

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Living And Loving My Life!!!![/COLOR]
driving_mrs_daisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:13 AM   #143
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Green Beans and Chicken Italiano

1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed, steamed for about 10 minutes, then placed in a skillet with 1 Tablespoon evoo, and 2 garlic cloves, chopped very fine. Saute' for just about 3 minutes.

4 chicken boneless/skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half to make 2 thin whole breasts (not like chicken tenders). Wash and pat dry chicken breasts, then sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides. Dredge chicken in egg whites and a little bit of water you have beaten together and then sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese over the chicken breast. In same skillet you saute'd the green beans, add another tablespoon evoo and bring to heat. Saute' chicken breasts until well browned on both sides. Transfer to glass baking dish which you have rubbed with a paper towel with a small amount of evoo on it. Place the green beans on top of the chicken, cover with tomato sauce (I use San Marzano tomatoes, pureed) sprinkle 1 tablespoon italian seasoning over tomatoes (you can actually use to your taste if you like more) and then bake for about 25 minutes on 350 degrees. In the last 5 minutes, sprinkle on some shredded mozzarella cheese to melt through.

This dish is delicious. It takes very little grated, parmesan cheese to crisp up the chicken, the little bit of beaten egg white and water helps the parmesan stick to it. If you use shredded mozzarella cheese, you can use a lot less.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:54 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gracefully
Stats: 178/.../130? 5'2.5"
WOE: HCG
Start Date: Starting Apr 18 2013
Sauteed Butternut Squash-Baseline and Carb-up Veggie

1 large butternut squash (or 2 medium ones)
2-3 T. EVOO
kosher salt
black pepper
ground nutmeg
toasted sliced almonds, or toasted chopped walnuts.
Optional- chopped parsley for color.

Peel and cut squash into 1/2" cubes (that's the hardest part!)
Heat EVOO in large Dutch oven or deep frying pan, and throw in the squash. Sprinkle sparingly with salt and pepper- saute' on high heat for 20-25 minutes, flipping with spatula often, until crisp/tender and browning.
Let cool a bit before turning out into a bowl- that way you can easily scrape up all the good stuff from the pan.
Sprinkle with nutmeg and nuts, and toss. Sprinkle with parsley right before serving (for color- optional)
Delicious hot- I made a big batch, and heat some daily with my lunch. (Maintenance this week)
The whole house smelled like fries and nutmeg. YUM!!!!

Last edited by Gracefully; 11-26-2008 at 08:00 AM..
Gracefully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:04 AM   #145
pjh
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pjh
rasberry like syrup

I didn't have any syrup to put on wendy's crepes so i took a tube of sugar free rasberry Crystal Light and mixed with 1/2 c hot water. It's not thick but the flavor is great!
pjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Shrimp Foo Young

I like having this for breakfast as a change. Sorry I did not include measurements, just put in how much of the veggies you want and the ones you like. Add in other veggies if you wish.

[COLOR="Navy"]Shrimp Foo Young[/COLOR]
Ingredients
Sesame oil
Bean sprouts
Bamboo shoots
Cabbage or bok choy (optional)
Mushrooms
Garlic
Shrimp (and/or chicken)
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
soya sauce
green onions
Salt and pepper

Sautee veggies in a pan sprayed with Pam and a few drops of sesame oil. Remove veggies from pan. Put garlic in pan with chopped up raw shrimp, sautee quickly until shrimp is done. Put veggies back in pan and spread out. Pour a mixture of egg, egg whites and soy sauce (I use Bragg's) over the top and either scramble fry of cook like an omelet.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Tamago

This form of sushi is super easy to make gives eggs a whole new taste. Sometimes I even have this for breakfast.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Tamago[/COLOR]
1 egg
3 egg whites
1 pkg of Splenda or alternate sweetener
Soya sauce

Whisk eggs and sweetener together. Cook the eggs in thin sheets like crepes. Roll up and stack on a plate until you are all done. Eat the sweet crepes by dipping them in a bit of soya sauce.

You can also buy tamago pans (they are small and rectangular. to make the tamago into a stack of thin egg layers instead of a crepe. Doesn't matter which way you make it, is still tastes the same.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:55 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pushing 40
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: November 10, 2008
Cheeseburger Egg popovers

This is an adaption of Wendy's cheeseburger Popovers

1 pkg of ground meat - I use turkey, cooked and seasoned with Season All Salt
7 whole eggs
7 egg whites
1 cup cheddar cheese
Could add onions or Onion powder

Mix all ingredients together with whisk, ladel into well greased muffin tins and cook on 350 for about 10 minutes (I think) until fork insterted comes out clean. Run knife around edge, cool and remove. Made 24 I keep in ziploc in the refridgerator

My husband eats two in the morning. Stats are

1 popover (according to ******)
Calories 102
Fat 6 g
Carbs .4 g
Protein 10.6 g

I have also lessened this mixture and added different things. You really can't mess this up. Enjoy
Old 12-26-2008, 07:08 AM   #149
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Potato Pancakes with a Kick

2 pounds of potatoes (roughly 4 large potatoes)
1 small onion, finely chopped or grated
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup of cornmeal
sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
oil for frying

Peel the potatoes and cover with cold water for about 20 minutes. Drain and grate the potatoes with a grater or in the food processor. Mix the grated potato with the onion, jalapeno, cayenne, eggs, cornmeal and salt and pepper.

Heat a shallow pool of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. When hot, drop heaping tablespoons of the batter into the pan. Flatten each pancake firmly with a spatula. Fry until golden brown - about five minutes - flip and cook the other side for another 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve hot and top with sour cream if desired.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:06 AM   #150
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: dede
Stats: 187/170.0/155 or size 8 whichever comes first!
WOE: crack the fat loss code
Start Date: Oct.13,2008
Another version of the frittata:
3 slices of turkey (about 3 oz) chopped)
green pepper
sweet red pepper
shallots or onions
basil
2% chedder
4 whole egg
4 egg whites
8" round cake pan
preheat oven to 350

sautee' green and red pepper with shallots or onion. Add fresh basil or dried if that's what you have. spread in bottom of
8"cake pan. Add turkey and Sprinkle with 2% chedder. mix 4 whole and 4 egg whites and pour over veggies. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. I served each piece with 3 thin slices of avocado fanned on top.Makes 4 servings. Yummy and filling!
dede is offline   Reply With Quote