Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2014, 05:16 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
South Beach Vets - November!

Here we go with November!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

I am so bad!
Sorry!
I think I mentioned my other group that I had here, moved elsewhere and I don't pop in here is much anymore.

I should sit down and write a catch up post!
Old 11-03-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning! I was supposed to be flying to Dallas this morning and the trip was cancelled. I am pretty darn happy about it!

I had to dig out my running gloves this morning, it was in the 30s. brrr. And I finally threw out the remaining Halloween candy. Glad to see it go.

Not much new to report here. I made a roast chicken yesterday and am using the leftovers to make a Mexican Chicken Vegetable soup for dinner tonight. Lots of veggies, beans, fresh herbs.

Cindy, we do miss you!! And Tina hasn't posted for almost a month. I hope everything is okay.

Kelly, when is your surgery?

2014 Running Miles: 366
2014 Walking Miles: 304
2014 Biking Miles: 513
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Hi Girls,
My surgery was Monday, it went well, but I am still really sore. I have pretty much cut myself off the pain medication and I am working from home.

I stepped on the scales yesterday and I was up 7 pounds, I am sure they pumped me full of fluids and air for my surgery and I am sure it will go away in a few days, but I am just focused on trying to feel better at this point. I removed my bandages today and have stiches that will dissolve on their own. I follow up with my doc on the 17th, until then just taking it easy!

Where is Tina?

Catch up with us when you have time Cindy

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:01 AM   #5
Queen Bargain Shopper

I haven't seen Tina either! I think she has liked some of my stuff on Instagram though!

Things have been busy at work. Enjoying time with my grandson, and already getting ready for the holidays.

Kelly - how long will you be off - hope you are feeling better every day!

Wiz - are you traveling alot this time of year? How's Joe doing?

Still eating plant based. I am creating and cooking way more stuff, lol, and the girls blog is helping with that as well as it seems we are all working on stuff.....I have been making a tweaking a vegan/plant based lasagna.....they might post it on their blog!

Busy weekend ahead; The Chief and I have a concert tonight - John Oates - from our local theater season ticket package, and then tomorrow night he got tickets for a Warren Miller movie showing at the same theater.....he has been a Warren
Miller fan forever, so is pretty excited. Then he has to entertain customers for the Packers/Bears game.....which is a night game, but he has to pick the customers up late morning.....he's not too happy. I, however, will use the time to do some shopping and go see my little grand!!!

I def have to stop in more often! I just need to do it!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 11-07-2014, 07:40 AM   #6
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

It was a decent week of exercise (4 running days, 1 exercise biking day) so far. I hope to get a run in tomorrow morning as well. Eating has been pretty good. More grains than I probably should have, but that's okay.

Although the next two nights will be a bit tricky. We are taking our friends out tonight to thank them for letting us use their house in Key West. It is an awesome restaurant with very creative cooking. In other words, no diet food to be found!!

And tomorrow night, we are driving out to PA for an engagement party. It is the daughter of another couple from college (Joe's roommate is the Dad and one of my best friends/sorority sister is the Mom.) Her parties usually involve lots of great Italian food, but we'll see.

Cindy, I could see a mashed butternut squash with mushrooms, fresh herbs and maybe a layer of spinach in a lasagna. Lots of good options that would let you avoid dairy products. And John Oates sounds like fun! A Philly boy

Kelly, I bet you are sore. Ugh. I agree, don't focus on weight now, just get better.

I miss Tina too.

TGIF!!
Old 11-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: layddi
Stats: 182/182/165
Hi all, I'm new here, I just started SB this morning. Just reordered(SB diet in late 90's lost 80 lbs) the book, so brushing up on web in meantime. Need to loose 20 lbs.
I just found this message board this morning... May I join you gals?
layddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
I am back in the office today, I only took last Mon and Tues off and then worked from home the rest of the week. I am still pretty sore today, my tummy is all black and blue and I still have stitches in. I have to wear loose fitting clothes, no jeans yet. Oddly enough though I am back down to the weight I was before I had surgery and actually even a lil lower, I have been eating whatever I want too, I hope that trend continues lol. We shall see.

I got asked yesteday if I would like to cook for Michael's hockey team's annual banquet, its for 60 people They rented a location that has a commercial kitchen and they are going to pay me, so I have been drumming up a menu. Im thinking salad, stuffed ravioli, and garlic bread, those items seem to be the easiest to me to keep warm in warmers without drying out the food and stuff. I have to come up with appetizers and dessert too. I think for dessert I am just going to go to Costco and order a huge sheet cake with the teams logo on it, I dont want to bake desserts for that many people lol.

Date night tonight with my sweetie, first night we havent had any kids home in forever lol. We are going to dinner and watch some of our shows that are on the DVR, I know real exciting huh lol.

Have a great week ladies,

Kelly
Old 11-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #9
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all!

What a very fun weekend...but of course, that did not translate into good eating.

But I was back at it yesterday. I did a roast chicken in the afternoon which we ate for dinner along with grilled asparagus, made home-made chicken stock overnight in the crockpot using the carcass, and then used the stock/leftover chicken to put together a Mushroom, Leek, Chicken soup for dinner tonight (which smells awesome by the way.) And I used my leftover asparagus in a crustless quiche along with grape tomatoes, roasted red peppers, etc. I had that for lunch with a green salad.

I love when I am home and have time to cook!! It's SO much healthier.

Kelly, glad you are recoverings so well. And woo hoo on the weight!!

Cindy, how about the Pack yesterday?? They crushed the Bears.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:23 AM   #10
Queen Bargain Shopper

Popping in to say hi!

Yes, Wiz, it was a sad day for the Bears.
But now all I can say is: May the best man (or QB), win!

DD27 has her Favorite things party tomorrow night - I think it's kinda early, but I got outvoted. It will be fun though - it's 8 of us; all mother/daughter's. We eat, drink, and are merry!

Glad to hear you are doing well, Kelly!!! How are you feeling these days? Are you watching Sons?

layddi - we really don't discuss SB much anymore. This group of ladies has been together a very long time. We have become good friends and discuss all kinds of things. We started as SB Friends and our friendships grew from there.

TGIF!!! And I wonder where Tina is too!!!!
Old 11-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Girls,

TGIF!! I worked from home today due the ice storm we got yesterday, my driveway and street was a skating rink! Kinda nice sitting here in my jammies all day though lol.

Im feeling much better, still have pain around my upper incision area, I go back to the doc on Monday for my 2 week post surgery checkup.

We are going to see Dumb & Dumber 2 tomorrow, looks pretty funny, then hockey on Sunday, will be a pretty chill weekend.

Cindy- Yes Im watching Sons, in fact watching this weeks episode right now Im super sad that the series is ending!

Not much else to report, stay warm and have a great weekend,

Kelly

Last edited by heahyou00; 11-14-2014 at 03:29 PM..
Old 11-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #12
Queen Bargain Shopper

Can you believe Sons, Kelly?

Glad you are feeling better!

I am doing well with my WOE. I have come to the conclusion that I follow a plant based diet. The definition more closely suits me as I do have a minute amount of dairy for my coffee.....I don't share that with too many people, especially DDalmost25. I have to have my coffee and I have eliminated artificial sweeteners, so that in itself is an improvement. Plant based says very little or no animal products, and if that is all I use, then I feel pretty good about it!

Hi Wiz! Game day!

Busy week ahead!
Old 11-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #13
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all! Back from Mexico. It was a great trip, very relaxing. Although I had to do some work while there. Can you picture me taking conference calls while in my bathing suit on our balcony??

Cindy, I have eliminated all my artificial sweeteners as well - with the exception of my one morning Diet Coke. But no more yogurt or fudgsicles with sweeteners, for example. And both Joe and I have been trying to up our veggie intake, including several meatless days per week.

Kelly, so glad you are feeling better!

Work is nuts, but eating has been very on track since we got home.