Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Slimmer by Winter--October Edition

New month again. And I'm not happy about seeing the word "winter" in it.
bethr is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2014, 07:57 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Ew yeah, "winter"... don't like the looks of that either!

Two days in to FMD, and almost 2 lbs gone. I was hoping for a bit more than that, but today starts phase 2, so I should see more of a loss in the next few days. Speaking of FMD, I called someone out on the FMD facebook page for being rude. Usually I don't say anything, but it just rubbed me the wrong way in the mood I was in, lol! Basically a newbie asked a question (coming off of another diet and planning to do full FMD in a few weeks after a kind of "transition period"), and someone had the nerve to tell her if she was going to modify the plan to "start her own group".. so rude. Too many people on there are just WAY WAY too serious! Geez! I guess I am just used to us here... we CAN talk about planned cheats and when we fall off the wagon, but on there, oh no, don't do that! On here we CAN modify our WOE and it doesn't affect anyone else's WOE.. but on there, oh no, don't do that either!

I don't know what's been going on with me lately, but the past few days I have felt SO out of sorts.. not myself. Today I feel a little better. I started taking allergy meds, and started back on my iron and other vitamins.

Work is going pretty good.. I'm just so worn out. I think Monday I was feeling very overwhelmed and kind of checked out for the night. Skipped school and everything! I've been trying to get more rest/sleep and then for some WEIRD reason last night I went to bed at 11:30 and randomly woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep until 4:30! Then up at 6. Ugh. It was really weird...

Four weeks until my San Diego trip!!!
Old 10-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom2Gage
Stats: 263/212.4/165
WOE: Watching Carbs....
Start Date: Restart 4/6/14
Morning.. :yawn: Did not sleep well myself last night. Didn't go to bed until 11:30 either and then up at 1:30 and then slept until 6:30. Not enough sleep!!! Hope today goes fast. Have to run to the license bureau at lunch. Realized yesterday that my license expired on my birthday last Wed.. WHOOPS!

Eating is sporadic at best. I am not doing complete low carb for several reasons... Cost.. BF no job right now and blood sugar issues.

I had planned for a no plans in the works weekend and now its slowly filling up again.. one day I will be able to relax for a day on the weekend!

Diane: I have felt off myself.. maybe its a season thing? I think our bodies respond to changes in weather patterns for real! That is such crap about FMD ****'s on FB! Ridiculous! People should be able to do what they want and still be supported in their changes! I would of said something too..

Beth: How is your DH doing? Winter... ugh.. it doesn't even feel like Fall here yet in the Midwest! High of 84 today! I am ready for 60 degrees..once it hits the 40's I am not liking it though!

Hi to everyone else! We got this!!

If at first you don't succeed..... try try again!
Mom2Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:43 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
I can't believe it's already October and Christmas is around the corner and I have a grandbaby coming next month and the first 6 weeks of school has come to an end! Whoa!

Work is still crazy busy but I guess it's making the time go by quickly. I have my new certification on my teaching certificate so I am official!

I did a leg workout yesterday and let's just say today could be baaaad!!! I'm so stinking sore!!! Butt, quads, ack!!!! Today is upper body. Feels good to sweat and feel the results of the work I'm doing. Haven't been on the scale - I learned not to weigh after starting back up on a weight training program in the beginning until my body gets used to the new routine.

Jazzy - good job on the weight loss!!! I know what you're saying about being too tired - the last two nights I've gone to bed at 7:50 and 8:20 p.m.!! LOL

Diane - Good for you for sticking up for the person on the FMD page. I'll have to go look that up. Glad you're feeling good again and hope the off feeling goes away soon. Awesome on your art table purchase!!!

Beth - I'm so glad you are enjoying your company. Loved the picture of Zora waiting for the guest!

Nicole - whoop whoop on the 20 pound mark!!!

Rachel - good for you for helping others with their health!!! You're a great inspiration!

Hope you all have a great day!!! My DIL has a baby shower Sunday and I'm so excited! My friend at work does personalized embroidery and she made my little grandson the CUTEST onsies, burp cloth and bib!
Old 10-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, down about 3 lbs in 3 days.. going strong! Day 2 of phase 2, and REALLY looking forward to eating tomorrow! (as Beth and Charlene know) I made an egg white, spinach, and turkey sausage scramble. Tasty, but I know the turkey sausage wasn't the best choice.. had a little sugar and stuff in it, but I know it won't hurt me. I have only lost 3 lbs, but it FEELS like 8.

More tired than usual this morning. I vaguely remember waking up again last night, but I went back to sleep more quickly this time. My painting prof. said for the last 2 weeks she has been doing the same thing.

One thing I will not and CAN NOT give up right now is my coffee. Other than that I am doing FMD as by the book as I can. Phase 3 fruits are always a problem and since cherries are out of season apparently I may have to try to eat plums, since I don't like any of the other fruits on that phase. I am SO craving fruit right now! I know, it's weird... never been a huge fruit eater... but boy does a juicy apple sound good!

As some of you may have seen on Facebook, my life-sized skeleton arrived yesterday! I wasn't expecting it until Friday, so when I walked into my bedroom I was a little shocked to find it laying in my bed with one leg bent up and sticking out of the blanket! My son couldn't resist opening the box and setting it up... That thing is HEAVY! I need to get a stand for it, but those cost about half of what I paid for the skeleton. Now I need to get some paper mache' and start on the head and face! woo hoo!

Charlene: Congrats on the teacher's certificate! The older I get the less tolerance I have for rudeness and stupidity. I am turning into a grumpy ol' lady!

Nicole: yeah, the FMD page bugs me sometimes.. it is great for support IF you are following the plan EXACTLY... and if you aren't you better not say you aren't! lol! I go there for the recipes Hope you slept better last night!

Hi to everyone... I'll check back later.. have to go pick up the 3 year old from preschool... and I have to wake up the baby to do so.
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

I have made it through the 2 days of Phase 2! Woo Hoo!

Ok, I have to tell you this. There are so many people I CAN'T talk to anymore about this, lol. I had the WEIRDEST conversation with Curt today. It was on chat.. but... he randomly (as usual) messaged me.. small talk at first.. then this:

Curt: You remember my buddy Dave?
Me: I think so (I didn't)
Curt: He saw your pic and he wants to date you
Me: I can't :-/
Curt: you gay? (he was joking)
Me: No lol. It's kind of pathetic really.
Curt: he might like that. you got another boyfriend?
Me: I never got over YOU.. and I really don't think he would like that!
Curt: good girl
Me: lol
Curt: I mean oh
Me: Why is that good?
Curt: just kidding around
Me: It's not good
Curt: I'm just that good ha!
Me: Must be!
Curt: I'll tell him he just can't compete

Etc.....

Soooooo...... yeah.... that was a conversation that completely took me by surprise. I was actually thinking of sending him a short message saying I had never gotten over him and maybe he should unfriend me and not text or call me anymore because it isn't helping, etc.. then THIS happened and I took the opportunity to at least say what I did (about not getting over him). I know nothing is going to come of it, but maybe I just wanted him to KNOW. Because I don't think he KNOWS what he did to me. Maybe now he does. I kept it light with the "lol's" and all.. that's how we roll.

Anyway, I was pretty upset at first. Had to go hide in the bathroom for a few minutes at my nanny job to sob a bit... then again on my way to my other job. I was ok after working there for a while. Now I'm over it I think. Maybe that is all the closure I'm going to get.. just letting him know what he did in a way. Maybe now I can try to move on. Ugh. I hope so.

Last edited by Annie64; 10-02-2014 at 07:50 PM..
Old 10-03-2014, 06:18 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Phase 3 finally! I have lost 5 lbs in 4 days! 2 lbs on phase 1, and 3 lbs on phase 2. I had to go shopping for phase 3 foods at about midnight, then I realized it was TECHNICALLY phase 3 after midnight, so I had a few raw cashews lol!

Allergies are kicking my behind. I'm all congested and feel gross. Regardless, I have my cleaning job today, then Michael's. Long day! This weekend is awesome though.. I only work 5-close on Saturday, and I'm OFF on Sunday!

I'll check back in tonight....
Old 10-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JazzyV
Stats: 265.5/243.5/185
WOE: Low Carb/Weight Watchers
Hi ladies.

TGIF! It's been another stressful week at work, but that's how they all are anymore.

Weight is holding steady. I'm trying to decide what I will do tomorrow when I go out for my birthday dinner. I'll have steak, and likely double veggie rather than a potato. Possibly a glass of wine with my steak. I looked at the menu online and they have berries with cream, which would do less damage than cake or some other dessert.

Tonight I'm taking BF out to see the musical The Book of Mormon. It's an early Christmas gift. He thinks we're doing something for my birthday, and has no clue! Unfortunately, it's raining and nasty out, but oh well.

Beth: I'm not ready for winter either. Highs in the 50's here tomorrow! Brrr. I hope your DH is doing ok.

Diane: Good going on the FMD! Hang in there - I had one relationship that ended where I know I was much more hurt than the other person. It was amicable enough, but I had to not see or talk to him for a few months to heal. This was a long time ago, and we are friends now, but sometimes it still hurts (and I don't think he knows that, even though he's a good guy - men!)

to Annette, Rachel, Nicole and Charlene.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Down another pound! I'm happy... I'm on day 2 of TOM's visit and although my eating was all legal yesterday, the timing of snacks and meals was not according to plan because of my schedule (and not being hungry or thinking about eating), AND I didn't eat everything I was supposed to. I was afraid I wouldn't see a loss this morning.... maybe not a gain, but not a loss either. So, yipeeeee! Since my bday I was struggling again and gained back the lbs I had lost, so when starting FMD I was at 212.8, and today I am 206.8! 6 lbs in 6 days! I don't remember the last time I saw that number... it's been MONTHS! I even have tempting snacks in the house that I bought for the kids and have not even tasted the new pumpkin Oreos! I remember the last "bad" thing I ate before re-starting FMD was this 3 cheese baked ziti by Michael Angelo's.. omg was it good! Frozen entree, but tasted like it was restaurant quality! I shall remember this ziti, and it will be my reward at some point! (after I lose the weight)

That Curt thing threw me back for a day or so, but I am fine now. I have a weird sense of peace after what I said to him. I don't know, I know you guys are probably sick of hearing about him because I know my closest friends certainly are! I don't mention him that often really, unless they are pushing me to "get out there and start dating again". I'm still not ready, and with my current schedule it's near impossible right now anyway. The thing is... the way I have felt about him for almost 6 years? It's like telling someone they should stop loving a parent or a child.. I don't know HOW to stop.. I don't know HOW to turn it off! I suppose meeting someone new would help a LOT, but I'm still not ready!

Jazzy: ........Yeah, obviously it takes me a looooooong time to get over things (it's been several years at this point) and some things I never quite get over.. THIS relationship is one I don't think I will ever truly get over. That is really hard for people to understand (my friends anyway). I have had so many people try to set me up lol, but I NEVER expected that from Curt! Maybe the "good girl" comment was more about me NOT wanting to date his friend? I don't know, it was just a strange thing to say. Those two words ring in my head! So how was the musical?

Last edited by Annie64; 10-04-2014 at 06:10 AM..
Old 10-04-2014, 06:24 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

I just realized, I have lost 6 lbs in 5 days.. not 6 days, but it was too late to edit my post!
Old 10-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/127/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Good Evening Slimmers!

Weight is at 125! I can't believe I waited so long to find something that is so great!! I finally feel like a normal person! Love that I never have insomnia anymore.

Diane: 6 lbs in 5 days is awesome!!!! Keep up the great work!!

Jazzy: How was the musical?

Charlene: Your grandbaby will be here before you know it!! That is when I get my new nephew/niece!

Nicole: There is always something coming up, isn't there? I never have a day to relax anymore!!

Beth: How is your DH doing? Did you have lots of fun with your BF?
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Not much of a loss today, only .2, but that's ok. I'm just happy I AM losing on phase 3 since many don't... AND that I am losing during TOM.

Found out I'm going to be a nana again! The timing for my son is not the greatest honestly, but I am excited

Day off today! I have SO much to do though... I have to work on and practice my speech that I MUST do tomorrow night or else.. I have to make a copper clay pendant for my jewelry class, and I have to come up with a painting to teach for my Day of the Dead class! I have to DEMO it Saturday!

Where is everyone!? I think I must scare people away, because every time I start posting a lot, I hear crickets!

Rachel: What are the basics of the plan you are doing? Happy for you that you have found THE program that works for you!
Old 10-05-2014, 09:45 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Hope you are all doing well. Today would have been my mom's 95th birthday. Tomorrow is dh's birthday and his brother is coming to visit on Tuesday. I think he$$ may have frozen over if he is coming to visit. Yesterday I cleaned out my closet and am getting rid of about 70 garments that are too big or old. Taking it all to Goodwill. DH has been cleaning out his closet too since he has dropped so much weight. I've put on a few pounds and haven't been eating well. Will be going back onto FMD on Oct 13th after my bil leaves. We also went shopping yesterday and went to the Eddie Bauer outlet. I actually bought a pair of pants off the rack and not plus size. When I first put them on I thought they were too small since they are cut tightly through the thighs, but after I had them on, I realized that they fit. How cool! Its been very hot here, fire danger on high. DH is doing well. He had is third chemo session last week and is just now getting over some of the side effects. He is back at work as am I. Things are feeling so much more normal these days. I'll be heading back to the gym on the 13th too.

Diane--which son is going to be a dad? Glad to see that you are doing well on FMD! Sounds like a big day for you. Enjoy a bit of down time.

Jazzy--happy birthday! Congrats on the weight loss.

Nicole--how are you doing? How's the BF's job search going.

Rachel--you're just rockin' the weight loss. Isn't your dh's drs. appointment this week. Keeping fingers/toes crossed for you both.

Annette--how are you?

Charlene--new baby will here before you know it. I bet you are excited.

Have a great day all!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Good afternoon Slimmers.

It's cold here, in the low 40's. Brrr. I broke down and put the heat on 65, since it was 62 in the house and I was frozen. I'm drinking a lot of hot tea to keep warm; it'll help me get more water in.

I went to Capital Grille for dinner last night, a high-end steak place. I had eaten very lightly at a late breakfast. I had some goodies, but think I did ok. I had their lobster/crab cakes for an appetizer, which had hardly any filler. I did have a glass of Merlot, and one small piece of dark bread. My entree was a ribeye steak that was huge (I brought home half) and grilled asparagus. The dinner came with a complementary birthday dessert, which was a small little cheesecake and a small piece of chocolate torte. BF and I split that. Scale was up 0.5 today, but was down 1 lb yesterday, so I'm not displeased. I'm trying to be extra good today, for my official weigh-in tomorrow.

Diane: The musical was very funny. It is very irreverent. Great voices from the main characters. Congrats on the upcoming new little one!

Rachel: Yay for you! I'm glad it's working so well for you.

Charlene: Congrats to you too on the addition to the family.

Nicole: Hi!

Beth: It sounds good that life is getting back to being more normal. I think being back in a routine is helpful, even if it's not the same as it was before all this. Congrats in getting into smaller sizes. I can shop in my closet of sizes, lol. Right now the slacks I"m wearing are baggy, but 1 size smaller is too tight. Can't wait to move downward a size!

Annette: Hi!
JazzyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:28 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ahaire
Stats: 242/ 184.2 as of 08/31/05
WOE: Low Glycemic
Start Date: June 2003
I am still here Diane. Just haven't really had time to sit down and post. Glad to hear the weight loss is going well. Kailee starts preschool on the 15th. I can't believe it. Where did the time go.

Yum. Steak sounds so good Jazzy. Glad you had a good birthday.

I know you gals told me before, but what is FMD?
ahaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:12 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
I'm here. My little sis is back with me - she says for good - we will see. Our plan to to move my home gym to the sun room and let her have a bedroom/quiet place in the pool room. She applied for a job at the local grocery store and we are hoping she gets a call. My husband and I sat her down and had a heart to heart about not making rash decisions and getting her life on track.

Baby shower was wonderful. They got lots of nice gifts. I'm so ready to meet this baby.

Hope everyone has a great day! I'll try to be back for personals.
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:23 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Ugh.. I have been sick off and on since last Thursday. All stomach and I still am not feeling 100% today. I am sick of being sick. Seems the last month has kicked my butt with sickness. Makes me want to weep because I just want to feel better for a while. The days go on though don't they? I don't know what my weight is. I am not eating tons of anything but I feel like crap all the time. I need to re-evaluate my life and my choices and figure something out to feel better.

BF turning in application today. Put some more calls in. Hoping he has a job ASAP. Its stressing me! I feel anxious today and clammy. I hope the day goes fast, plus I have time to make up at work. I hope to feel better later! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-06-2014, 06:40 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

205 this morning!!! That's 7.8 lbs just in the first week! I could swear I lost 8 in TWO weeks the first time I did this, so I am more than thrilled! I can't expect the same type of results this week, but I'll be happy with 3 more by next week.

So let's see,
Week 1, Phase 1: 1.8 lbs.
Week 1 Phase 2: 3.2 lbs
Week 1 Phase 3: 2.6 lbs.

It was funny.. my sister in CA called me last night saying she was trying to lose weight before I come out and wanted to know what I weigh now (she said she doesn't want to be the "fat" sister) I told her to tell me her weight first, and it turns out we are only a few lbs apart! I told her not to worry about it.

Beth: It's the son that really shouldn't be having a baby right now.. and yes, I am very worried. It's been up and down this past year. With that said though, what's done is done, and me being negative about the baby is only going to add to the stress. I told him (and the mom) that things don't always happen when they are the most convenient, but they happen when they are meant to.

Annette: FMD is the Fast Metabolism Diet by Hayley Pomroy. Basically no wheat, no dairy, no sugar, no soy, no alcohol, no caffeine (I still have my coffee though), etc... and there are three phases each week. Each phase you change your eating strategy to confuse your metabolism... like phase 1 is high glycemic, moderate protein, low fat... phase 2 is high protein, high veggie, low carb, low fat... and phase 3 is high healthy fat, moderate carb, moderate protein, low glycemic. Amazingly, it really works! And I'm NOT hungry! It amazes me how I can eat a big bowl of chunky chili with avocado and still lose weight!

Charlene: How much longer for the baby? Hopefully your sister gets her life on track and took what you said to heart.

Jazzy: Sounds like you did great on your bday dinner! That had to be a relief that the scale only went up .5, and then it went right back down and then some! ..... we had the heat on here yesterday too! Goodbye summer

Nicole: Aww sorry you're still not feeling well. Hope BF get's the job!

Last edited by Annie64; 10-06-2014 at 06:41 AM..
Old 10-06-2014, 12:04 PM   #19

Afternoon Slimmers!

Scale is up a bit today. Not sure why but I'm not too worried!

beth: Yes, DH goes to the dr on Thursday afternoon.

charlene: Prayers for your sister!

diane: I will PM you the details! Don't want to get in trouble on here!

nicole: Hope you feel better ASAP!!!

jazzy: Sounds like you had a great birthday dinner!!

annette: Time flies!!! Can't believe my son is graduating this year!! I am sure Kailee will love school!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:56 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

8.4 lbs down now in 8 days! I was 204.2 this morning. It might have been slightly less but I woke up at 4am with yet another UTI and drank some water. On my way to the student clinic now. I'm getting tired of this. I seem to get one almost every month lately right after TOM! He is supposed to visit the day I leave on my trip too... ugh. Last night I started feeling weird.. just reaaally tired and sluggish, so I took a nap about 5pm. Still felt kind of weird all night, and then I woke up at 4 and boom! When I got up to shower I felt really queasy too. My lower back is kind of achey.. hope it's not a kidney infection.

I'll check in again later....
Old 10-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #21

Good Afternoon Slimmers!

Scale is down to 124 and TOM showed up today. I can't believe that I had a loss that day TOM arrived. I don't think that has ever happened before. I am starting T25 in less than 2 weeks but will continue with the same eating plan.

I have to brag on DD16. I took her jeans shopping on Saturday because she couldn't seem to keep her jeans up! Well no wonder she couldn't keep them up! She was in a women's 14 plus and now.........juniors size 9!!!!!! All in 2 months time!!!

diane: Yikes on the UTI!!!! Hope you feel better soon!!
Old 10-08-2014, 05:49 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

203.6 this morning! That's exactly 9 lbs in 9 days! While I didn't eat anything off plan yesterday, I don't think I ate enough, because I was at the student clinic for 4 hours and just wasn't hungry! I did have a bowl of chili when I got home, but I had to make myself eat an orange last night because I knew I needed to eat something more. I also didn't drink as much water as I should have.. and with a UTI that's not so good!

I feel better enough to do my nanny job today.. well, kind of. I am still tired woozy, and get exhausted if I go up the stairs, but I'll fight through it. Hopefully I feel good enough to go to painting class tonight. It's phase 2 today and I'm afraid I didn't bring enough food with me, but I'm not going to stray Next Saturday my friends are having their big Halloween party and I am going to try to stay as much on plan as possible! Fortunately it is on a phase 3 day.

I'm so close to Onderland I can taste it! But THIS time I KNOW I'm going to cross the border! That is going to feel awesome!

Rachel: That is AWESOME about DD16!!! She must be thrilled!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

The craziness continues! Got woke up by BF this morning that realized when he got up to use the bathroom this morning that the roof was leaking in the living room and dripping all over the couch and the floor. May I mentioned that this was at 5:30? YEP! That was an hour after my DS who is 7 wandered into my bedroom due to the horrendous storms we are having and did have at that time.

On a good note, BF seems to have found where the water is coming from and FLEX SEALED IT! We are low of funds.. scraping by until next Wed when I get paid again so I hope this works for now. Eating sucks, but I am eating as healthy as I can based on no money to buy anything more than stuff I have to have right now. Got to do what you got to do. My weight is staying the same luckily though and I am setting a goal to be in onederland by the end of the year if not sooner! YAY! so I set a goal!
Old 10-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Slimmers.

A quick check-in. Work has kept me very busy lately.

Either my scale or body is wacky. Scale is up 2.5 lbs despite eating ok. I think some is water weight. Also I need to make my flax muffins to help keep things regular, if you know what I mean. I continue to slog along.

Diane: You're doing great!

Nicole: Sorry to hear about the roof. It's always something with a house.

Rachel: Congrats to you and DD on your success.

Hi to Beth, Annette, and Charlene.
JazzyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Ugh, I don't know what is wrong with me. I feel like I was hit by a truck. So, I went to the doctor Tuesday thinking I have yet another UTI, and they prescribe an antibiotic even though my test was "inconclusive" but my symptoms were spot on... I feel worse! I don't really have the usual UTI symptoms now, but I still don't feel "right" AND now I feel more achy and sick. Thankfully I see the specialist Monday morning, but how on earth am I going to get through my shifts today and tomorrow? As a manager there really isn't anyone that can cover me without it being a huge deal... so I am going to have to suck it up and go. I feel bad enough laying in bed... being up and constantly on my feet is going to kill me.

Since I am feeling so much worst I stopped taking the antibiotic (I still have 2 more days)... I am afraid it is what is making me more sick. I had a bad C-diff infection about 4 years ago from taking antibiotics too close together, so I am not taking any more! We will see what the doc says Monday. I am SO tired of feeling sick!!!

Diet-wise I was doing great until day 2 of phase 2. Phase 2 is REALLY hard as it is, but when you are sick... omg. So I took a couple days off. I am going to get back on phase 1 on Monday regardless and just be as good as I can this weekend. I am drinking lots of cranberry juice, but I don't feel much like eating... even so I am up a couple pounds, but I'm not worried about it. With 2 1/2 weeks until my trip I know I will stick to the plan once I feel better.

Nicole: I can't resist saying it... When it rains it pours! Hey, when I had my house we had a leak and didn't know it until the ceiling came down in the living room! About a 6x4' section! The reason we didn't know about the leak was that here was about 2' of insulation that was soaking up all the water until it got so heavy it caused a crack.. then boom! What a mess! ..... I totally understand the not being able to eat as well as you want when you are low on money. Been there so many times! All you can do is what you can do!

Jazzy: I'm sure it's just water weight!
Old 10-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow I am going to get back on FMD. Its been a fun time off, but I need to get some of this weight back off--I've not been on the scale but I can tell I've put some weight back on, particularly once I added sugar back to my diet. Next week I will go back to the gym. I've notice that after cleaning up my diet before a lot of the inflammation I was feeling in by body, including my sciatica and knees went away. Now its back.

DH is feeling a little under the weather. yesterday I had to take him down to get a blood draw. His blood count is low and he was a little dehydrated. He seems better today but I'm watching for a fever, he had one yesterday. Don't know what that is about. Trying not to freak out. My bil was here this week and it was wonderful to have him here. I'm trying to get myself back onto some type of regular schedule. Life has been way too up and down lately. I'd settle for some boring.

Rachel--how was your dh's appointment this week?

Diane--I'm concerned about your health. Let us know how your appointment goes.

Jazzy--did I say Happy Birthday? If not, I hope is was happy.

Nicole--when it rains, it pours. Ha! Hope your bf is doing ok and that you are feeling better. Have you been to a dr?

Charlene--where are you my friend?

Annette--how's it going? Kailee starts preschool this week?

Going to have a good day.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:18 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Morning.. So I am trying to have a positive attitude and focus on more positive things. I am going to let go the roof leak which seems to have been fixed at least temporarily, the house has been dry and cozy. My living room TV which is a Vizio also decided to stop working how it should the very next day.. Friday and I only bought the stupid thing Feb 2014. So it is under manufacturer warranty but is still irritating to have to deal with.

I have the ability to work from home USUALLY but the system is jacked up and won't launch and it has been worked on for a week now or I would be able to make up time I owe at work and be done with it already. So they are remotely doing that today again. If I am sick I can still work from home and not take a PTO BUT the system has to be working for me to do that. Needs to be ok come winter so I can work during snow time and not drive the 40 min it takes me normally when its slick outside. ICK. Thinking about sucking it up and getting a laptop (asking my neighbor to borrow the money until tax time). Then I could load it on there. Hmmm.. the choices.

I am doing the best I can eating wise. I had a candy malfunction after my son did some early trick r treating on Saturday but I know its from stress. My portions are low but so are my funds until BF gets a job. Put it this way.. I have $16 to last me until Wed... I have had that same $16 since Friday. I have 1/2-3/4 of a tank for the next 2 days. It will work!

What I am grateful for: My roof is fixed and my family is safe and warm in my home. My family is healthy and there is a lot of love in my house. Love is what makes happiness along with kindness and understanding. Money is just what is needed to keep the nest comfortable.

Diane: Good grief girlie! I hope you feel better for real! That sucks. I have been fighting some sickness off and on for a month now so I get it. I never feel quite like myself.. off. I hope you made it and they find out what's going on with you so you can feel better!

Beth: I hope your DH is feeling better and I am sure with all the chaos in your life eating well has been tough. I know you will get on track as you can. I am glad everyone is doing ok.

Rachel: Was thinking about you and hoping for good results from your DH visit! You have been so inspiring to me with your weightloss and eating well! YOU GO GIRL!

Jazzy: I don't know if I wished you a happy birthday either so happy belated and I hope it was a great one!!

Charlene: Hope everything is going well with your sister at your house! I am always one to help out myself so I get it. There is nothing I wouldn't do for my family!

Annette: Hi girlie!!!

Did I miss anyone?? If I did I am sorry!!! Hope you all have a great week! Tonight is parent teacher and I hope it goes well!

Nicole
Old 10-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, after stopping the antibiotic I started to feel a little better, then BOOM.. woke up this morning with total horrible UTI symptoms again! Fortunately I had my appt. with the specialist at 9:45. My test was positive for a UTI, but the past few times I went to the clinic, they were actually negative (which makes no sense!). Regardless of it being positive this time, the doctor is not convinced UTI's are my problem. She did prescribe a different antibiotic, so hopefully it does the trick. I go back in two weeks so she can look IN my bladder to see if there is something more going on. She doesn't think I should be feeling this sick with just a UTI.

My laptop is about to die.. and I want to get a good nights sleep, so I am going to get off of here.. will check in tomorrow!
Old 10-14-2014, 07:03 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Blehhhhh... my weight is up, but I am going to try to be as good as I can. Drinking cranberry juice and eating yogurt is not the best thing when you are trying to lose weight, and they certainly are not FMD foods! I still feel bad this morning. It feels like this feeling sick, queasy, achy and tired stuff will never end!

Nicole: Oh yes, I know it well! I have actually been down to the change at the bottom of my purse for days! It stinks for sure. Hopefully DB finds a job soon!

Beth: Hope DH is feeling better! I hope to be back full on FMD in the next few days. It's so hard when you feel so bad, but I only have 2 weeks left! I have the stuff to make chili again, so I will make that tonight. I don't know if I can handle phase 2 yet... maybe I can at LEAST do phase 1 and 2 until I feel better enough.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:01 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning. I had one of those I didn't quite get under enough to feel like I slept at all nights for some reason. I hope this day goes by at a good pace. I am already dreaming of snuggling up in my bed and its 8:30am! Ugh! Going to keep my eating mostly protein all day as I know that will help some. So glad today was payday. With BF not having a job quite yet... soon though, has some good leads. Did I mention we share a car as well so its hard right now.

On a good note, I got the bank to refund a $25 paid check fee for a check going thru literally 1 hour before my paycheck hit I mean really?? Oh and it took me negative only $4 for an hour. Well at least they did it... I think that means tired or not its going to be a good day.

Diane: I hope you feel better soon chickadoo! I hate feeling crappy its sucks and UTI's suck. I have had them but not dizzy or anything.. hmmm. I hope that goes away quick for ya!

Hello everyone else! I haven't seen anyone posting recently. I hope all is well. Been thinking about you Rachel and hoping your DH tests come back ok.