Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sueshe
Stats: 226.5/207.0/135 5'4 1/2
WOE: Kinda counting calories/fat
Start Date: Feb 10 2014
***FIT FOR FALL*** Once and for all!!!

Join our Fit for Fall Challenge!!! You don't have to follow any particular woe, just want to lose like the rest of us!!! Some of us have known each other for years, some of us are new friends all with the same goal. Tell us about yourselves!!!

Post daily menus, goals, whatever you want, whatever works for you! I'll post a chart every Tuesday morning if everyone will let me know their current weight, and challenge goal. Then every Monday give me your weight and I'll update on Tues mornings.

WELCOME!!!
sueshe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2014, 01:36 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Cherylg
Stats: 214/186/165
Start Date: Every Monday
Just saying hi so I know where to find you!!!
Cherylg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

was going to send you an email to see if you wanted to join us! Happy Birthday!!!!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:54 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok....here goes

I'm 47, married 23 years, I have a dd that will be 27 in December and a ds that will be 21 in two weeks. I also have two beautiful granddaughters, one is four and the other is 5 months. We live in the country, have a new kitten and a 15 year old blue heeler. I love cats, just lost our 18yo and 15yo cats within 3 months of each other.

I have had trouble with my weight since I was in high school, off and on through the years. I'm pretty stagnant. I don't exercise, I sit all day at work and don't move around alot unless I have the dgd's or am cleaning house. I started a walking program this spring and kept at it for over a month, but stopped that too just like I've stopped everything else. I've lost 50+ pounds multiple times on Atkins and other ventures, but never have been successful at keeping it off. This is my last time! I have got to get this weight off and want to do it once and for all! Want to start by getting my eating back on track and then add in the walking program again. Now that summer is coming to an end, it will be easier with the weather turning a bit cooler.

Starting induction today. Weighed in at 209.5 this morning. My goal weight for this challenge is going to be 15 pounds. So wanting to be at 194.5 by Halloween.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Today's menu:

B: 2 eggs, 2 pc bacon
L: salad with ranch
D: taco salad (homemade seasoning)

Goal today....WATER WATER WATER!

226.5 215 210 200 190 180 170 160
Old 09-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did forget to put on the intro this challenge will go through to Halloween!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Thanks for the new link Tasha!!! I'm back, and I need this challenge to help get me back on track!!!

Ok, all about me: I'm 47 also...about to be 48 in November....married for 27 years. I just moved from So. California to No. Arizona LAST WEEK.....and started a new job. I'm in property management and manage luxury apartment communities. I sprained my back at the beginning of our move, and made the move in the midst of GREAT PAIN!! Needless to say my eating took a nose dive. However, we are moved, unpacked, all settled in at our new home, and my back is healing beautifully.....so it's time to get back on track. I have lost 50 pounds since January 1, 2014 and I have another 50 to go. My goal for this challenge is to be at 180 by Halloween.

Hi Cheryl....we've missed you!!!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squash
Stats: 206/171/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2013
Just checking in. Very busy right now. Hope everyone is hanging in there. Glad to see your back Tammy, did you get all moved into your new place and job? Tasha willow is a real cutie
squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies,

Squash, yes I'm all settled in and LOVING IT!!!

Tasha, how's willow settling in to her new home? My daughters cat seems to have decided she prefers my hubby and me....she is constantly sitting in our laps or begging our attention which astonishes my daughter and her hubby....they say she's always been somewhat anti-social, they don't know what's gotten into her!!

How's everyone doing today??
Old 09-05-2014, 06:57 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning......thought I posted on here yesterday, but it's not on here???

This has been a busy week. Ended up having to work all day Labor Day, monthend problems. Went to dinner with my girlfriends Tuesday night, dgd's soccer practice Wednesday night, had to pick up dgd's last night, then went to eat with the kids, have to pick them up again tonight, so not sure what we are doing. Soccer game tomorrow morning. Want to try to get some yard work done tomorrow, supposed to be really nice tomorrow and would like to paint two of my living room walls Sunday....thinking about taking off Monday.

Tammy-Willow is doing fine, and thanks squash We kinda like her She is settling in well, is definitely like having a two year old in the house, she is into everything. She got one of her toys wrapped around her, no telling how long she had been like that, she is scared to death of it now. Got her foot stuck in one of those tape traps for bugs/mice that we had along a back wall in our dining room, think it peeled a layer off her paw when we got it off. She's broken a frame and knocked multiple frames/plates off tables and counters. She is into EVERYTHING. lol Such a sweetheart though. Took her to vet yesterday to have her stitches removed and they said she had already pulled out the outer ones. They gave her one of her kitten boosters and said she had gone from 1 lb 8 oz to 2 lb 2 oz. That's funny about your dd's cat, cats tend to gravitate towards me too for some reason. I just love them. I like dogs but love cats. I think most people are a cat person or a dog person. Glad to hear you are all settled in and love where you are.

Needless to say I haven't done well this week.....staying true to form ya know. Having my blood work done today for our insurance thing here at work. Kinda worried about it since I haven't been diligent in my diet. Pretty sure my cholesterol and triglycerides will be up since I stopped taking my statins and haven't watched my fats. Guess we will see.

I am going to get down to business this weekend and make my menu, try to make it simple. Seems like the more time it will take me to fix and the more ingredients it takes, I'm more likely to not make it and go off my woe. Gotta get in gear and do this NOW!

Weigh in is Monday already again and I haven't done a thing.

Everyone have a good weekend! Squash glad you're here with us! Madmarsha should be back Monday I think.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ladies!

Tasha, Willow sounds like such a little cutie pie....how fun to have a kitten around again. I love both cats and dogs, but I must admit I do prefer the ease of cats.....they are so much less work!! It was funny, this morning DD and SIL were out and my hubby and I were home with both the cat and the dog....well both animals wanted hubby's attention and would get jealous if he started petting the other. I walked in the living room to see him watching TV with the dog laying at his feet and the cat curled up on his shoulder.....he's not used to this, so it was a bit funny.

We've had a nice weekend, we went to a classic car show on Saturday and saw hundreds of GORGEOUS cars! Then today we took a stunning drive down to Sedona and had lunch. We are enjoying being back in AZ, and LOVE living in the Northern end of the state. Well, back to work tomorrow....My Mondays are much less stressful these days.....gotta love that!

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, guys!!!

My Chicago trip was great - lots of laughs, lots of drinking. and we actually saw a lot of Chicago, too! I did have to have their deep dish pizza and their hot dog - very delicious! But my cousin was wearing her fitbit and we averaged about 18,000 steps per day so I don't think I did any real harm. I have not gotten n a scale in like two weeks. I will tomorrow though!

Tasha - thanks for the birthday wishes! This challenge goes through to Halloween? - How is your kitten? That was a cute pic of your hubby with the cat-lol.

Tammy - sounds like you are doing terrific! All settled in - I am glad your back is better!

Squash - how are you?

BBL - Cheryl

Cheryl
Old 09-08-2014, 09:54 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squash
Stats: 206/171/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2013
Hey Cheryl! Doing ok how are things going with your daughter and all. Heading into fall here its frosting every clear night now. Weighed in this morning at 168. Haven't been walking but ready to start that up soon. Tammy when I was in Arizona I have seen those miles of fancy cars traveling as a group to the car shows. That must have been a lot of fun. What color is the vett? Tasha hows it going with the new kitty sounds like your getting some unexpected exercise there.
squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

Cheryl, your trip to Chicago sounds wonderful!! I'm sure with that much walking you did just fine burning off your calories!

Tasha, if we're starting a new spreadsheet my weigh in this week was 197. Not nearly as bad as I'd feared after the past few weeks! Did you get your blood work results right away or do you have to wait?

Squash, the Vette is Silver....hubby says it works out great because it matches his hair! When we were driving out to AZ from CA a few weeks ago he was driving the moving truck and towing the Vette, we had a corvette club on the freeway along side us for several hours headed to a car show and they all kept honking and waiving at hubby as they passed him....he loved every minute of it!!!

Well ladies, I'm slowly but surely getting back on track with my eating. Last night I made a big pot of chili for Monday night football, and tonight I'm making Chicken Tacos....I'll have my chicken on salad greens as opposed to taco shells....should be yummy!

How's everyone else doing?
Old 09-10-2014, 10:39 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I read all your posts....just lurking....still not back on track. wth is wrong with me
I had my blood work done but have to wait 7-9 days for results. Know they won't be good. UGH!
Old 09-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

Tasha, you can do this!!!!! I know it's hard to get back in the swing of things....trust me! It's been a struggle for me since the move....but you CAN do this!!! Just picture yourself looking all trim and sexy for the Christmas pics this year......that's what's motivating me! I know we'll have to go to a company Christmas party in December and I want to look AWESOME in a nice holiday dress.....

We can do this together!
Old 09-15-2014, 09:23 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Hello????? Where is everyone??? Anyone still playing?
Old 09-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Tammy, I'm still here, just having a really hard time getting back into the swing of things. I'm struggling with a couple of things. The main one being that even if I go to the grocery store and have everything I need, my meals are taking too long to fix and when I get home, I'm like .... "Ugh....I am too tired to stand in the kitchen and fix that". So I grab something quick or we go out. And if we go out, I'm not making the best choices. The scale is starting to creep back up again and I don't want to do that. I've just got to figure out how to get my head back into low carb mode. How are you doing? Our group has gotten very quiet I seem do better when we are chatty!!!

Kept dgd #2 this weekend while dgd#1 had a soccer game. Dh and I went on a road trip and ended up at some friends place by the river, was very chilly this weekend. Sat around the campfire and ended up having a really fun night. Yesterday I worked in the yard pulling weeds, got some of my fall stuff out....just piddled. Made taco soup, so today I'm paying for it. I havent' eaten today so today would be a good day to start induction, just not sure what to have for supper. I didn't go to the grocery store. I have eggs and cheese so could make an omelet....but then am left with what will dh eat. Wish we could just not eat, then the problem would be solved. Like with smoking, you just stop.....I smoked my last one and said never again. Would be easier if we could do that with food. :/
Old 09-15-2014, 10:22 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh and got the results back from my blood work my doctor ran and also from our employer run blood work for our insurance.
My blood pressure is good, my LDL and HDL is good, my cholesterol is showing 212, triglycerides on my employer one showed 311 but the one my doctor ran showed 228, so not sure what's up with that. My AC1 is .1 down from what it was last year and my glucose is down from what it was last year. My weight was down also. Can't make heads or tails out of whether or not I have to do the coaching again. The guy I work with said he got a thing that stated he had to do the coaching, I didn't see that anywhere, so not sure if I have to or not.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Tasha, I so completely understand you about the whole not eating thing....I don't know how many times I've said that I really DON'T want to eat, I just want to not be hungry!!

Maybe plan your meals around what DH can / will eat and then you just eat what you can from the rest.....I do that a lot....my hubby LOVES tacos and spaghetti....so I'll just put the taco meat, cheese and sour cream on a bed of lettuce and have a salad, or I'll use Pork rinds in place of tortilla chips for nachos. When I make spaghetti for him, instead of my eating the noodles I put some sausage, sauce, and mozzarella in a sauteed Portabella cap and stick it under the broiler for a few minute to melt & brown the cheese. This way I'm not cooking twice, he's eating his "regular" food that he likes and I modify it in ways that I have found I prefer anyway.

I think it's GREAT that your blood test results came back so positive....clearly the choices and progress you've made so far have been very beneficial....way to go!!!

How's willow doing??
Old 09-15-2014, 02:13 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's what I used to do, need to start doing that again. I would make the menus and just write in at the bottom what my part of that days menu would be so I wouldn't forget....kinda got away from that. He's such a meat and potatoes guy and doesn't like fish or chicken. LIMITS GREATLY what our food choices are.

Willow is doing wonderful. She's growing like a weed. I decided to leave my door open at night, dh said she was making him crazy getting up at all hours of the night pawing his face or trying to nest in his hair LOL Years ago I had to start closing my bedroom door and stop letting the cats in because my allergies got so bad. She doesnt seem to bother me at all, so I opened the door and she now sleeps with me right by my head. She curls up either on the other side of my pillow or by my neck and sleeps all night. The first night she kept sticking her nose in my ear and purring, talking about making you jump out of your skin in the middle of the night! She is all about playing and chasing things. So cute. I really miss my Smokey, bad, but she fills in some of the empty places. He was such a cuddle bug, would crawl in my lap every time my butt hit a chair or couch. She will come sit with me, on my shoulder after she's eaten or if she gets tired, but the rest of the time she is playing. I'm thinking it will change when she gets older, she seems to be a bit of a mama's baby lol....dh acts like he doesn't like her, but I've caught him with her on his belly talking to her and playing with her. He doesn't fool me

How's the granddog and grandcat? LOL How's the new job going, still good I hope!
Old 09-15-2014, 04:02 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: 212/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
Okay, vacay and anniversary is over so I'll chime in again. This is a good way to look back and compare notes with myself.

Here's what happened. I have been stalled since July 1. Basically been hovering around the same weight, tho. EXCEPT for vacay from 9/2 to 9/7. I was going to get back into running by jump starting it at the beach but it didn't work out (I instead spent it playing in the surf with my nephew and splashing about at the pool. MUCH better use of my time!). Anyway, came back 10 pounds heavier which I usually lose right away but they hung around for a week. I went clean again for 4 days but, like I said, anniversary came up and I splurged. And then we hit a buffet Saturday night which put me back up.

But now in the last 36 hours, I have lost 7 of those retention pounds. I, of course, have been eating clean (tho a few stress dark chocolate carbs yesterday during football) BUT I finally went for a run after 2.5 months. Amazing what that one sweaty not far, not fast run did. So not a new number but a good kickstart to a fall running regime. I had been swimming so it's not like I did nothing, but I just wasn't running in the heat.

So here's where I stand as of today. I am 5 pounds away from my low number. Since those are "retention" pounds, that will be quickly. Then it will be on to new numbers. 12 more pounds till I call goal. That was originally an arbitrary number; but given my stalls, I'm keeping it and will then change focus to toning, inches, and, yes, size (since that by definition equates to inches).

So six weeks for 12 pounds. Should be doable but hasn't been doable for a while. However, as of writing this, something is making me feel truly hopeful and not just wishful.

Oh, also, I have a 5K run I want to do on Nov. 8 (a hilly one), one on Nov. 15 (a pig run on the flat, which just means there's a concurrent BBQ contest). Now, I found another hilly one on March 7th but it's really a 10K. It's a good distance away but I really want to do it. I think it's a good goal thru the winter for a LOT of reasons.

So, there, I've given my sort of mission statement for the fall. Only thing coming up is my birthday on October 5th for which I have already decided on sushi, but I can limit how much rice I eat for that and that gives me 3 weeks to stay super clean.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Marsha, so glad you're back!! I wish I was that close to goal...you're so inspiring!! Keep it up and you'll be there in no time!

Tasha, Willow sounds like such a sweetie!! Bear (granddog) and Luna (grandkitty) are great. Bear is the lover of the group and he is SO HAPPY that we're all together for now. He used to LOVE coming over to visit, now that we're all living together he seems to be so flipping happy.....it's nice to get such an enthusiastic greeting every time we walk through the door! Luna seems to pretty happy as well, she's much more active and affectionate than she's ever been...DD keeps commenting that she's going to leave Luna with us when they get their own place since she seems to prefer us.....DH is like NO WAY....take your cat with you! lol, he's like your hubby, he acts like he doesn't like her, but he pets her every time she comes around and she loves to sit by him on the couch.

Thenew job is GREAT....it's so much less stress than my properties in CA. were, I am very happy we made the move!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello ladies! Glad to see you back Marsha and sounds like you're doing well!!! I need some of that inspiration!

Computer issues today so have to make it short. Didn't do well last night. I have got to get out of this rut. I got on the scale this morning and was up to 215 DON"T like that number, have got to get back down. I'm going to tell dh that we have to come to a happy medium with the food. He is going to have to start helping and maybe if I don't have to cook every stinkin meal I won't feel so overwhelmed with everything else that's going on.

Anyway, just checking in!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Down another retention pound. It's not a new new number; but for some reason, I'm really getting jazzed about it and feeling like it will continue. I have a handle on the eating and the desire to run again is coming back.

But, to be honest, I have nothing else to be jazzed about right now. My Mom is on hospice and it won't be long. I'm not freaked about it. I'm pretty pragmatic about "timely" death (she's 86) and when you no longer have any quality of life. Still, it's a major life twist and all.
Madmarsha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

so sorry Marsha, I know what that's like. We've both lost our fathers to cancer. Even though you think you are prepared for it, just doesn't prepare you for when the time comes.

Keep up the good work!!! I'm afraid if I took up running my boobs would beat me to death.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
Keep up the good work!!! I'm afraid if I took up running my boobs would beat me to death.
OMG, I am not super tiny but my dang sports bras are like ACE bandages and I've never felt "bouncy" that way. But today, I just decided to put on a regular cheap cotton tank to run in. Oh, man, did my STOMACH feel bouncy. I'm sticking to the actual sports tanks to run in now .. they have just a little more "substance" to them .. and keeping the cotton ones for lounging around the house or layering.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:26 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, guys - did you miss me?

I am doing a 15 strict LC (trying for induction level) CHALLENGE!!! I am going to Ashville/Cashiers NC for four days on October 2 and that is in 15 days! - I will weigh tomorrow but my sugars have been high and I feel so tired all the time, I AM DONE - SO WHO IS WITH ME?

A quick challenge - post weight, menus, words of wisdom EVERY SINGLE DAY

I am visiting friends I have not seen since first moving to Florida, over 20 years ago. They are all gay and wonderful to hang out with! My cousin, Ron, who is also gay invited me to move in with him down here in Boca Raton back in the late 80's. We were very close growing up so I decided to give it a try. Well, before I knew it, I was living with five gay guys and having the time of my life. Anyway, I am meeting up with two of them and their husbands and I am excited! They would not care about my weight but I do -

So get in here and help me!!!! Tasha - I am talking to you!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies!

Cheryl, I'm in....this is just what I need to get back on track!! I'll weigh tomorrow and post it along with my menu and words of wisdom for the day!!

Marsha, So sorry about your mom....even in the best of circumstances that is hard!!

Tasha, Tell DH he's very capable of feeding himself and assisting you with this....he loves you and I'm sure he wants you to be healthy and feel better, so I would tell him what you need from him, then hold him to it! It is a bad habit we wives and mothers have of putting ourselves last....I'm one of the worst in that regard!!

It's super gray and rainy here in Northern AZ today, hurricanes down in Mexico are pushing the rain our way....Phoenix and Tucson are in much worse shape than us though, so I can't complain! It's great soup weather though, perhaps I shall make Tuscan soup tonight!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 09-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Menu today:

B -3 scrambled eggs
2 slices of bacon

L - grilled chicken/little bit of black beans/diced tomatoes
D - same as lunch or a piece of pork loin

I AM FAMISHED!!!!!!!!!! Gotta keep drinking water...............
Old 09-17-2014, 05:08 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylg View Post
I AM FAMISHED!!!!!!!!!! Gotta keep drinking water...............
Heh, yeah, sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. But then again, I haven't been famished all week, just really hungry one time and the water did the trick. I have this new "travel" coffee thingy that holds about 14 oz. I've been drinking water from and it's really doing the trick helping me get my water in. So funny cos water is water, but some vessels just make it easier to drink faster. A regular cup out of the cupboard just makes me feel like it's such an ordeal to get my water in and, of course, it's just easier to grab a bottle and "throw" in your purse to drink in the car and I'll get that sucker done first thing in the morning which sort of puts me ahead for the entire day as opposed to not getting my first full 16 oz. in after noon.

I love when I go for fairly long periods of time without being too hungry esp. after a bout of "special occasion" carby meals.

Last edited by Madmarsha; 09-17-2014 at 05:13 PM..