Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Slimmer by Fall--September Edition

Wow--September already
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2014, 06:54 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
I hate it when my laptop randomly restarts in the middle of my post! I really need a new laptop, but really don't want to spend the money right now. If I can make it last until January that would be great. My phone is acting weird too.

Today is my first totally OFF day in months.. no work, no school, no nothing! I got Meadow overnight last night.. haven't seen her in at least a month! She doesn't know that I am definitely taking her to Cali yet.. she is 4, she won't understand "in a couple months", but last night I showed her a bunch of pictures of family and places out there.. she was totally interested. Other than spending time with her, I plan to clean my apartment, do laundry, and work on art projects. It's a rainy day, which I kind of like too

Yesterday at Michael's was brutal... Hobby Lobby across the street was closed of course, but on top of that we have a 50% off an item coupon, AND a 20% off your entire purchase coupon going on. I stocked up on some canvases because I still get my employee discount with the coupons.

I've been doing decent with my eating, but not losing much. I have been bouncing between 209 -213. Today I am 209.6, and I plan to be VERY good today and keep busy. I got my hair cut and colored (FINALLY!) Saturday and I feel SO much better! I looked like I had old reeeeeally long hippie hair! It was long overdue... I figured it would help inspire me to eat better since I look better.

Well, looks like Meadow is about to wake up, so I'm going to get off here.. will try to check back later!
Old 09-02-2014, 08:00 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom2Gage
Stats: 263/215.8/165
WOE: Watching Carbs....
Start Date: Restart 4/6/14
Morning.. back in the saddle again! 22 days until my 38th birthday so want to feel great by 38. Officially knocked my weight down on here. Eating has been terrible but I have been so active that luckily my weight has not been affected.. YET. So 215.8 it is. I really wanted to hit 199 by my birthday and I probably could if I ate like 20 or less carbs a day but with the blood sugar drops I have had that have been rather scary (2x now in the last few weeks) I don't think that is going to be a good thing for my body. So if I can at least get closer I will be happy! My long weekend was great, unproductive but lots of snuggle time. Got to love that.. lazy Monday yesterday! Sucks there is no time off for me until November but December I will have almost 2 weeks off straight at the end of the month only taking 4 PTO days! Can't wait!! I love Christmas time!

Hitting the gym 3x this week if everything goes right. I am giving the gym thing 1 more shot this month and if we don't go at least 2 days a week I am going to cancel it because its silly if we aren't using it!

Rachel: Any news about your DH?

Diane: Sounds like a lovely day to me! I love rainy inside days myself!! I love new do's! I just got mine colored and grayless myself this weekend. For only being 37 I have a LOT.. my moms side did this to me dangit!

Jazzy: Way to go on the small weightloss! Every pound is one less than you had before!!

Beth: How is your husband doing? Hope this weekend he got some rest time. Does chemo still start this week?

For those I missed I am sorry, I skimmed through last months and I forgot what was posted when I jumped in here! Hi to all!!! Hope we have a good strong week! We have to buckle down and get some weight off now since the holidays are just around the corner!!!

If at first you don't succeed..... try try again!
Mom2Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ahaire
Stats: 242/ 184.2 as of 08/31/05
WOE: Low Glycemic
Start Date: June 2003
Saving my place. Be back later tonight hopefully. Hi everyone
ahaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everyone!

Happy September. DH had more blood tests today and his kidney function is in the NORMAL range. Still not quite normal for him, but in the normal range. He is supposed to start chemo tomorrow, hopefully his low red blood count won't keep that from happening. He had acupuncture today also. This morning he worked for a bit and picked up his drumsticks and played for a while. And while having acupuncture he was asking me about what we were having for dinner. Now that's my husband!

My weight has been stable. I took the dog for a long walk yesterday. She had such fun! Went back to work a bit today too. I'm glad that things are finally getting moving!

Hope you are all doing well!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JazzyV
Stats: 265.5/248.0/185
WOE: Low Carb/Weight Watchers
Good evening Slimmers.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I didn't do much yesterday. I got the lawn mowed between rain showers. I made the Cauli Rice and the Butter Chicken was yummy!

Today I've felt hungry. I had some turkey bacon and salted almonds, so I'll likely see a gain tomorrow from the salt. Plus it's really humid here, and that makes me retain water too. I wanted to walk outside, but it's been hot and humid the last two days. I'll try to get on the treadmill or elliptical tomorrow.

Diane: I hope you enjoyed your day off! I took today and tomorrow as vacation days; my first ones all year! Saving most of it for a trip in December.

Nicole: Your weekend sounds nice. I have a BIG birthday in about a month too! I'd like to be into the 230's but at the rate I'm losing, I don't know if I can do it.

Beth: It sounds like your DH is more himself. And great news on the kidney function improvement. I'm sure he's anxious to start treatment, so hopefully his blood count will be ok.

Rachel and Annette: Hi to you both!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Ok, I am not trying to sound like a whiner but I need some motivation! I am lucky as He!! that my weight has not been effected by my stupid eating habits but I can't seem to get back on the wagon and STAY THERE! I am completely and utterly disappointed in myself right now! I even have left over Qdoba in the fridge (for those that don't know what that it, it is a higher end Mexican place that uses all fresh ingredients). I did have them use half the brown rice than normal but STILL!! ARRGGHHH!!!!

My work is going well, my personal life is going well but exercise and eating are off. I told my BF last week that if we don't pick it up going to the gym at least 2x per week I am cancelling the membership because its dumb to have one we are not using!! Last night we were going to but he was sent home from work the night before throwing up sooooo.... did not happen. Tonight we are trying again!

Jazzy: I have to watch my salt now that I am over 30..well nearing 40. If I eat something too salty after lets say 7pm my fingers swell so I am sure other parts of me are swelling causing a gain. I don't have a lot of options right now as I desperately need to go shopping... stocking up this weekend!

Charlene: Come out come out wherever you are!! I hope all is well with you! How is school going? I know you probably are very busy with it being the start of a new school year but be sure to give a shout out so we know your doing well!

Beth: So glad to hear your DH is improving all the time. I will be praying he doesn't get too sick from chemo and it does it's job! Hugs to you woman! I think about you all the time.

Annette: Hope to hear an update from you too my friend. I meant to tell you the profile pic of you and your kiddo is adorbs! She is a cute lil munchkin!

Diane: I also need a new laptop. Part of it is my fault though. Mine was working fine but my room was a mess and it was laying on the floor and my son stepped on it accidentally not seeing it. Now half the screen is WHITE!!! I need to plug in a monitor and get stuff off of there and its going in the trash! SUCK! Going to buy another one with tax refund hopefully!

Rachel: Hope all is well with you! Hope you get to hear what is going on with your DH, knowing is better than not knowing for sure!

I don't think I missed anyone this time... whew! Have a great day ladies! Loving this shorter week. Tomorrow is Friday already! WHAT???
Old 09-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Still been struggling within the same 5 lbs or so. Only 2 weeks tomorrow until my bday. Man it creeps up fast. I am doing better today and I hope to drop a fast five by Monday. It's not like I'm not busy! The manager at Michael's scheduled me an extra night... so next Thursday I will work my nanny job from 7:30-6, then work Michael's 6:30-9:30! OMG! That's actually probably going to be closer to 14 work hours that day... ohhhh boy. At least I'm not on my feet all day as a nanny!

My new painting is coming along very nicely! I am loving it! This one (so far) is looking pretty dang cute! I'll give you a hint.. it has a wrecking ball in it. I just started it about a week ago, and I hope to have it done in the next week or two. This one is coming together easily for me. I'm also planning a few art dolls for the show as well, if they come out good enough that is!

Nicole: I am hoping my laptop holds out until January so I don't have to do the "rent to own" thing again.. what a rip off! I supposedly got a brand new one, but I don't think I should have had the problems I have had with it. My phone however, I need to replace asap.

Beth: So happy to hear DH is doing so much better!!! Also glad your weight is stable!

Jazzy: Yes, those days where you don't HAVE to do anything or go ANYwhere are SO nice. I used to have 4 day weekends! I am missing them now, but the extra money is nice too! I actually like having several different jobs.. keeps things from getting too boring.

Hi to Annette, Rachel and Charlene!!!
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone. Just a quick post. I am on break at work and wanted to try to catch up with everyone. So I have stopped drinking as much soda, not totally but just a few a week instead of several a day and also stopped eating out as much to try to save money and since then I have lost 9.6 pounds of this last Monday. Hopefully it will stay off and continue the downward trend. DH and I have not been eating our as much since he was diagnosed with a gluten alergy, so that has cut back on that allot. Unfortunately it is also very limiting. I see pics from my birthday last year or us going out with friends ect and I think "Oh how fun! We need to do that again." and then realize we really can't. Kailee and I can but it's not really fair to ask him to go and not eat. I have been there, done that, and know how not fun that is. I just limit my going out to going out with GF's ect. Or days when it is just Kailee and I . He did that for Kailees birthday because we had pizza, and he ate before and thought he would be okay, but when the food came and he smelled it, it was like torture. No fun. So I go out of my way not to do that . Some resteraunts offer GF but most are not trained on how to do it properly and so even though they esentially have foods that should be GF, they crosscontaminate with the way they prepaire the foods.

So was talking to Rachel and I am going to start doing the 21 day fix program probably in October. Mostly interested in the exercise videos, but also curious about the eating plans. I have a friend that sells it also but I feel safer on here with you gals. I would rather keep it just between us until I figure out if I can stick with it. I have to do it early in the moring before Patrick gets home and Kailee gets up, but I think I can do it. I used to get up and go to the gym. This seems much easier not having to go anywhere. I am just not a morning person.

Sorry I don't have time for personals. Been really falling down on that but break is almost over...

Hi Diane, Nicole, Jazzy Beth and anyone else I may have missed.

MY body. MY life. MY health. MY happiness
Old 09-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

DH had his first round of chemo yesterday. They have given him quite the cocktail of medications for nausea and he came home hungry, woke up hungry and made a big breakfast. He is on a pump of chemo for 48 hours, which will come off tomorrow afternoon. He actually slept pretty well last night. One of the drugs they give him is a steroid so he is feeling peppy, but I bet it wears off by the weekend. But eating well and sleeping will help him heal. His kidneys are in overdrive right now, and are almost normal. Another blood test tomorrow. But his red blood count is low so he might need to be transfused next week. He's even talking about maybe going to work next week, when yesterday he said he wasn't sure he could go back. We each had a melt down during chemo. For me, it was when they kicked me out of the room so they could bring in another patient and his wife. The room was too small for one person, doesn't come close to meeting current code (its only 80 sf, which is the minimum requirement for one patient). And they had told us in chemo class that for the first session, we would be in a private room so we could meet with the dr, the pharmacist and get all of our questions answered. When there is only 1 foot of space between one chair and the next and no privacy screen, dh's privacy (as well as that of the other patient) is violated. This facility is third world. I asked to see the social worker and dh was moved to a private room. I understand that we may not always have a private room, but there should be adequate space for a caregiver and patients should not be on top of each other--it is an infection control and hippa issue. Then, when we were finally done, they didn't have the pouch that holds the pump that dh has to come home with. It was in the pharmacy and the pharmacist had all gone home and no one had the key. It took them close to an hour to find a key and get the pouch, the pump is the size of a baseball and dh has to have in on continuously for 48 hours. He had a meltdown over that. But I'm glad that he is doing OK (taking a nap right now).

Diane--you're a working machine!

Jazzy--glad to hear you had some time off.

Nicole--I've not been to the gym for a while and we are going to let dh's membership expire. If he feels better, he can sign-up again.

Charlene--what's up?

Rachel--How are you?

Have a great day all!
Old 09-05-2014, 03:06 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Hi everyone. It's just been a very emotional week. Last weekend my nephew was at a bachelor party, drank too much and then took a pain pill for his back before he got in his tent for the night. His friends found him not breathing 20-30 minutes later and administered CPR. He was put in an induced coma and cooled his body temp trying to reduce swelling. On Labor Day, I went to see him at the hospital. The plan was to take him off the paralytic medicine Tuesday morning and see how he responded. No one knew how long he'd been without oxygen. I went to work Tuesday morning just knowing he would wake up and make some smart comment. My brother called me and told me he wasn't going to make it, so I rushed back to the hospital. My dh brought my girls. My family was there with him when he took his last breath. It was so sad watching my brother say goodbye to his only son. We are devastated. I'll be back. I have a state certification test next week that I haven't got to study for and work is almost unbearably busy - so much going on. Thinking of you all and will try to check in this weekend.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:33 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

OMG Charlene I am so sorry for your loss. I feel like crying right now. How tragic and devastating. Reminds me so much of the loss I went through just 8 months ago. Alcohol and narcotic pain killers are so dangerous together. I have lost several friends this way in the past as well. Big hugs to you and yours and I will pray you and all of your family have moments of peace while you try and wrap your minds around this huge loss. I am just so sorry.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Charele, I am so sorry for your loss. What a shock. That is so sad. Hugs
Old 09-05-2014, 09:50 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Charlene,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. How devastating. Unfortunately it happens far too often with that lethal mixture. My prayers are with you and your family.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:25 AM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/127/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Charlene: I am so sorry for your loss! You and your family are in my prayers!
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:43 AM   #16

Good morning Slimmers!

Scale continues to bounce around 129. Eating and exercising are going great! I am hoping to hit 140 miles walked this month in honor of me turning 40 next month.

We had a scare this week with DS17. He had a 4wheeler accident. He was riding up a steep hill and flipped over backwards. Him and his 4wheeler tumbled down the hill. He stopped after hitting a tree and his 4wheeler landed on top of him. He's pretty banged up but surprisngly no broken bones only 2nd degree burn and severe contusions and of course aches and pains all over! He was wearing a helmet so that saved his head! His dr said he's one of the lucky ones!

Beth: i hate the no privacy is places! I hope you dont have to deal with that every single time! You guys are always in my prayers!

Annette: cant wait to work with you! I will be running a challenge group starting September 29th in a privte facebook group.

Diane: yikes on the 14 hour days! Thatll be exhausting!

Nicole: you can do this!!

Jazzy: cauli rice and butter chicken sound super yummy!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 09-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Good afternoon Slimmers.

It's still hot and sticky here, but that's supposed to end tomorrow. I was not a happy girl, as I'd gained 2.5 lbs over the last few days. I had been eating some salty turkey bacon, then ate out 2 nights in a row (but I made the best choices I could, not having any alcohol or potatoes/bread/dessert). I was up 3 times last night going to the BR, and 2 lbs were gone today. I knew it had to be water, but still it is annoying.

Charlene: How awful! Such a sad loss of a young life. Hugs to you and your family.

Beth: I'm surprised about the setting for the chemo, although I have been in some hospitals where the outpatient chemo patients were all in a big room in recliner chairs. But especially the first session should be more one on one. It's good DH is able to eat better with the nausea meds.

Rachel: Good going on the eating and exercise! When is your birthday? Mine is Oct 4, and I will be the big 60 (I can't believe it!! ). I don't feel like I'm that old! I read about your DS on FB - scary, but thankfully no head injury or fractures.

to Annette, Diane and Nicole
JazzyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Just back from walking 2.18 miles at a 6:53 pace. Burned 572 calories. Not too bad for a start! Now to drink to rehydrate.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyV View Post
Just back from walking 2.18 miles at a 6:53 pace. Burned 572 calories. Not too bad for a start! Now to drink to rehydrate.
Yikes, typo and I couldn't edit. That was a 14 min mile, not 6 minute!

Last edited by JazzyV; 09-06-2014 at 03:57 PM..
Old 09-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all!

Hope you are having a good day. I am. DH got his pump off yesterday and our niece came to visit last night. His blood work continues to show improvement although his red blood cell count went down a little, which I believe is really a function of his kidneys not being totally recovered. Hopefully that will start to get better too! DH is pretty tired today but we went out shopping for new clothes for him. He has lost close to 50 pounds since we started FMD and he has shrunk out of his clothes. So 4 new shirts and 2 new pair of dress pants for him. And then we went and ordered new glasses for me. When we got home, we had a card from my bil and in it was a check which covers all of expenses for the last month since we've been off fighting this battle. What a kind and generous man. What a surprise.

I've not been on the scale and my eating has been horrible. I'm about ready to get back on FMD because I felt so much better on it. I'm feeling like we're getting back to a more normal existence. Tomorrow we will decide if we are going to go on our Hawaii vacation in two weeks.

Jazzy--good for you for getting out and walking. I need to take the dog for a stroll, she has been so patient.

Hi to everyone else--dh wants to take the dog for a walk right now!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #21

Evening Slimmers!

Scale was at 128 this morning! Things are going great!

Beth: glad you had a great day yesterday!

Jazzy: thats a really good pace! I will be 40 on October 25!
Old 09-08-2014, 05:50 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning! I actually like Monday's because IF my body would allow me to, I COULD sleep in No work today, just school later on. I wake up still feeling so tired. The need for morning coffee is more crucial than ever!

My little goal of losing a "fast 5" by today actually happened! I lost exactly 5 lbs, BUT I had jumped back up to 214.6 Friday before losing it! Still, back under 210, and no plans of stopping. I actually weigh what I did LAST Monday. At least I am heading in the right direction (again). I do have quite a bit of motivation though with my upcoming trip to Cali... that and wanting and NEEDING to be able to fit into my clothes! I'm tired of wearing the same things all the time because they are the only things that fit! Besides, when I go to Cali, whether they realize it or not, they look at my weight, and my mom WILL say something to me. She does it out of concern, but it still makes me self-conscious and I don't like it!

The stress never ends... my DD19 hit a deer the other night. I haven't seen the damage yet, but she says it's drive-able. My phone is on it's last legs and I need to go get a new one this morning. When my DD sent me a text about the deer, I didn't even get it! Can't use any of my apps, and email is fickle. I have a regular ol' iPhone 4, and I'll probably get a 5s or 5c. I am always one phone behind the times.. I don't feel the need to pay all that money to have the latest/greatest. I can wait!

Charlene: So so very sorry about your nephew That is so very sad. How old was he?

Rachel: So glad your DS is ok!! ...Yay for 128! That number sounds so foreign to me! I will never weigh that in my life! I actually look pretty good at 170-180 believe it or not, and can fit into an 8 in the low 70's! I will be happy to at least get back down to that point.

Jazzy: Dang salt! I wish we didn't have to worry about that.. it's not fair! Good for you on the exercise! I still am only "exercising" by being on my feet walking most of the time I am at Michael's and from my cleaning job on Fri's, but I WAS pretty sore this weekend!

Beth: Glad to hear DH is doing better! You will get back on track! I am still doing the "wishy washy" version of FMD I can still lose this way, but not as fast.

Annette: Congrats on the 9.6 lbs! I am still struggling a bit with the soda.. I can go several days without it, but sometimes at work I really feel like I need the pick me up. I have cut down a LOT though.

Nicole: I hear ya.. I have been really struggling.. up and down with the same 5 lbs for weeks if not months! I WILL get below 200 SOON! I am definitely doing better and being more aware of what and how much I eat, AND drinking more water. Mexican food is my fav, so I hope I don't gain it all back in Cali!

Well, time to go get a new phone!

Last edited by Annie64; 09-08-2014 at 05:53 AM..
Old 09-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Good evening Slimmers.

Ugh, work is really stressful these days! I'm worn out from the drama as well as the actual working. Scale is still up and down. Weigh in this week was 0.5 lbs above last week. Oh well. I know I've been snacking on jerky, which is salty. Cooler weather is coming, so that may help with water retention.

Beth: How are things going with DH's chemo?

Rachel: You're really doing well!

Diane: I can't ever sleep in. I wake up between 5 and 6AM even on weekends I'm not working. Sometimes I can fall back asleep until 7 and I call that sleeping in, lol. I'm glad your DD is ok. We have lots of deer around here and I get hypervigilant as fall approaches. I hit one once with a 6 month old car; I was on a country road and only going about 20 and it did a lot of damage. I fear hitting one at 65 on the highway and had a near miss last year.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening all!

The scale has been stable, my eating not so much. DH weighed himself today and he is down 8 more pounds since last week. But I am pretty sure that it is mostly fluid because his tummy looks smaller. He sometimes retains water/fluid around his liver and in his abdomen from the cancer. I think the chemo knocked some of it out. He was upset about the scale dropping like that--I told him he didn't just lose 8 pounds in a week because he has been eating. It is cumulative of 4 weeks of being in the hospital and not eating during that time and he is still losing water (I know, I record his I/O every day). He is doing pretty well, just really tired and fatigued. Hopefully he will start to bounce back. He should be hitting his nadir in the next day or two. He is eating pretty well. He was a little queasy today so took some anti-nausea meds. We are still trying to figure this all out. His blood pressure and heart rate seem to have stabilized in the last few days. I keep a "chart" on him every day. We've decided not to take our Hawaii trip at this time. I want to see him in much better health. If he hadn't had this kidney thing, I think he would have been well enough to go,

Diane--I'm waiting until September 23rd to get a new phone. I have an iPhone 4 and its been acting funny. Since they have released the iPhone 6, getting a 5 should be a steal. Glad your DD is ok. I hit a deer in the middle of our downtown in my brand new car. I just got a little deer smutz on the car, the deer bounded away. DH hit and killed a deer with our Jeep. He was devastated and got out of the car and stayed with the deer until it died. He had Kona in the back and was fortunate that Kona wasn't injured. It just happened so quickly, and the deer came from the freeway side of the frontage road. We have lots of deer here and are always very careful coming into the valley at night. This happened at 7 in the morning when dh had gone down to get coffee with Kona.

Jazzy--ahh, the drama at work is always so much worse than the actual work, isn't it. I'm like you, sleeping in is now until 7ish.

Charlene--how are you doing? Please check in.

Rachel--you are rockin it gurl. Seems like you just flipped a switch or something as you were struggling earlier this summer.

Nicole--how goes it.

Annette--what's new. Congrats on giving up soda! It is such an addictive thing. I had given up all of it, even diet, but now am drinking ginger ale. We have a lot of juices and stuff around the house for dh now and its tempting.

Did I miss anyone.

Have a great evening. Heading out for the evening stroll with dh and the dog.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:59 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

FINALLY under 209! I was 208.8 this morning (AND in the middle of TOM!)I probably haven't weighed this in several months. I am planning on buying the tickets for Cali today, so once I'm locked in to that it will be even more motivation to get my weight back down. There is a little voice in my head that says wait until after the 11th, but I would like to believe nothing major is going to happen tomorrow. :-/

Yeah!!! The iPhone 5s just went down to $99 with a 2 year contract! I need a new phone like days ago, but I can't get one until tonight after work. I DID go in Monday to upgrade, but was convinced to wait until the prices went down! So glad they told me about that! I was thinking of not going to painting class tonight anyway because I didn't get much sleep last night and I am sooooo tired. I don't think any amount of caffeine is going to help me today! I wish I could pack up the boys I nanny and go get my phone NOW!

My ex can do such nice things on occasion, which is why it baffles me that he can be SUCH a huge jerk.. especially to the kids. The drama down on his farm is ridiculous. From what I gather, he is not happy, his marriage is on the rocks (his wifes drinking doesn't help), and he takes everything out on everyone else. He does nothing but complain, accuse, and drive everyone nuts (and away). Her kids are treated differently and he goes along with it to appease her I guess. I HATE how they hurt MY kids. I wish I had a big house so the two that live with him could come up to my "practically drama free zone" Like last night, his wife's niece that has lived with them for years was missing a ring (everyone knows it was my ex's wife's son that took it because he looked guilty and suddenly had new things when he didn't have money) etc.. anyway, my ex yells at and accuses everyone and says they are all kicked out until the ring is returned. OMG. He kicks people out as often as he changes his underwear. He rarely means it so it is pretty much an empty threat. This happened the same day he told me he would make up the difference in whatever I don't collect for Meadow's plane ticket! (BTW, that niece that was missing the ring? My ex found a big stash of things she had stolen from everyone but did nothing about it).

Oh my gosh.. I talked to my best friend since 7th grade last night. I was exhausted afterwards! I love her, but she talks SO loud and SOOOO fast! I had to tell her to slow down because I couldn't understand what she was saying! On top of that I can't get a word in It was so bad one time and I had to use the bathroom.. I put the phone down, went, and came back and she hadn't missed a beat and didn't know I had left! (this was before I had a cell phone). If someone was standing next to me while I was on the phone will her they would think she was actually yelling at me! I hate to say it, but it prevents me from calling as often as I probably should. I need to make sure I call when I have to patience to be a gooood looooong listener!

Beth: Totally understandable about Hawaii.. He will enjoy it so much more when he is feeling better! I have never hit a deer in my life, but it's so hard to remember to watch for them! There are so many wooded areas around here. I have seen them in the road tons of times, but so far I have been lucky! The most important things is that my DD is not hurt! I need to remember that when I am stressing about the car.

Jazzy: Wow! It's amazing how much damage can be caused by a deer going only 20 mph! Even though I have lived here over 20 years, I still get just a little excited when I see deer, especially the babies I just hope I never hit one! ... Yeah, I don't know why we do that! We CAN sleep in buy our bodies won't let us, even when we NEED the extra sleep!

Hi to everyone else! I will check in and look for you all later!
Old 09-10-2014, 08:42 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Morning! I still can't seem to get back on track! I have a goal.. it is unlikely because I have jacked around that I will make it. So I am setting a new one to get under 210 by my birthday which is 2 weeks from today. That is 2 weeks. I can do it! Saturday will probably be a cheat day as I am going with BF to a hotel room for the night to get away as an early bday celebration. I CAN'T wait! It will be nice as I won't have my son for 2 nights in a row because of my parents camping that weekend.... I love him and will miss him but this is a rare opportunity!

I have no idea what my weight is as I have been scared to weigh and see what damage I have done. So I will go back on plan a few days and then weight

Beth: So glad to hear your DH is doing better and maintaining his health through the chemo. I understand about rescheduling Hawaii. Be sure you reschedule ASAP though. Life has a way of going so fast and then the opportunity slips away from us before we get it.

Jazzy: My sleeping in is a bit better than yours at being 8-8:30am. That is usually when my son is up and I get up everyday during the week at 6:30 so I wake up at that time on weekends but snooze back until kiddo is up. Sorry your frustrated with things right now. Keep on plan!! It will happen for you!!

Diane: that totally sucks about your ex. I wish parents would put their kids first and get over their own BS... it makes me so angry. I am going through that with the BF ex of 10 years he has 2 kids with. He has an older son that is 13 and he has an AWESOME relationship with her. She is super cool and even hugs me when we pick him up for now it looks like every other weekend. I like her a LOT!

Rachel: We seem to be see-sawing.. I am doing well, your not.. your doing well.. I am not.. we need to be swinging TOGETHER! LOL. I hope to pick up your motivation and inspiration and RUN WITH IT RIGHT NOW!

Charlene: You out there gf??

Annette: I wish I could give up soda. I told BF I should for 2 weeks and see what happens I just don't know if I can. I would have to replace it with some sort of caffeine because I have a caffeine addiction BAD!!! I know I would have migraines if I gave it up cold turkey!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!! Hugs to you all! I LOVE THIS GROUP!!!!!
Old 09-11-2014, 04:56 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

I'm here! Ran/walked this morning. Been studying ever free minute I have for this test tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have more time after that! I'm thinking of you guys!
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:23 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Dang, up a lb this morning, but still under 210. Still on TOM and had some salty food for dinner last night, so I'm not surprised.

Got my new iPhone 5s, and I LOVE IT!!! I have fun conversations with Siri.. I was so impressed with what Siri could do I said, "Siri, I love you!" and she said, "Diane, I don't think of you that way" Then I said, "But I REALLY love you!" and she said, "You hardly know me." Once she said "Would you like me to search for love for you?... Just kidding!" So apparently she jokes too

Anyway, I'm doing pretty good with eating and with water, but still need to do even better with both. Today is my loooong 14 hour work day. Shouldn't be too bad. Michael's should be slow and I'm closing with people I really like.

Charlene: Hi! Good to see you back! Good luck on the test!

Nicole: I have been pretty unsuccessful in the past when I set a goal of a specific weight by a specific date, but I would really like to be UNDER 205 by my bday next Friday. I think once TOM is gone it is doable. I am reeeeeally going to try not to overdo it on my bday too. I don't want to undo a weeks worth of dieting in one night if I can help it. As for my ex, sometimes I am just so baffled as to how he acts I wonder if he is just crazy! He is a hothead and just doesn't think before he acts.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:10 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

I'm about to leave for my test! Wish me luck! I am nervous. Stress ate last night and feel so bloated. After today I am kicking this thing in gear. I was doing pretty good too.

Please keep my brother, SIL and my great nephew in your thoughts today. This is my nephew's memorial service and I can't go. It's 7 hours away and I'd never make it after this test. My SIL encouraged me not to come since I was there with them at the hospital. But I still wish I was.

Hopefully after today I can post more. Have a great day everyone!
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:41 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Morning!! TGIF! So thrilled about this weekend. I work 11 hours today and I so hope it goes by fast. Have a fun filled weekend and can't hardly wait! Tonight I am catching up on the Outlander series with my neighbor that is more like a family member than a friend. She has Starz and I don't so she has been watching this series with me so I didn't have to get Starz for a few months to watch it! Nice huh? Saturday me and BF are going to stay in a hotel for the night and got a King Suite! My birthday is on the 24th of this month and this was the only weekend we had free to do this so celebrating early.

Eating has been on track for 3 days.. I had gotten up to 221.2 again... UGH and already down to 218 in 2 days eating right. Crazy how much water you retain when you are eating badly! I already feel better. Going to try not to go too crazy on Saturday either but you know.. a man, wine, food... we are not leaving the hotel and checking in at 3 so we have the whole afternoon and evening away. *sigh* going to be nice!

Good luck on your test Charlene! I am sure you will do great and will be thinking about you and yours today on this difficult day.

Everyone else have a great day. Got to get to work and get this day going by....

Have a great weekend!!!!