Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Get Back On That Saddle In Aug

here we go
its a new month

everyone welcome

who has goals for the month??
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
BBL
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
I'm here! Finishing up crazy vacation this weekend. Back to school month coming up so still will be a little crazy.. but definitely ready to get on track. Doctors office told me my blood work was good except... sugar was high.
So, I need to get the weight off and sugar under control for sure. They are gonna check again in a few months... so I will be motivated to try and get it in line. Been doing everything wrong lately... I am lucky the sugar wasn't off the chart.
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:58 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
I am here. Sometimes I think that is all the goal I can keep!!

Going to ride horse or motorcycle at least 4 x per week this month. And my recliner workout too!! If I didn't know me better, I would swear I was lazy!!!

Drove to Kentucky on Monday, meeting on Tuesday, and drove back to Iowa on Wednesday. There was NO exercise in that time!!!
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RyeBaby
Stats: 208/192/160?
WOE: LCHF
Hi! Count me in! I've been experiencing "carb creep" over the last few weeks (a little wine here, a few nuts there...) and I'm re-committing in August! Low, low, low carbs! Clean eating, no BS! That's my goal.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day and I'll own up to it.
RyeBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:23 PM   #6
Deb

Oh Vandy your avi...is that u? you'z so cute..darn that sugar..but im glad your tests came back good

Welcome RyeBaby

Nice to see ya Karen and Cheryl
Old 07-31-2014, 02:27 PM   #7
Deb

Cortisone flare – This condition happens when the steroid crystallizes within the injected spot. Swelling and pain, normally more severe than before the injection, will be experienced. Cortisone flare, as believed by some doctors, is a positive sign as it purportedly indicates that the steroid has indeed been administered correctly into the injured area. Cortisone flare can cause significant discomfort and may last for a day or two. Icing the injected area, taking in aspirin, and getting some rest should help relieve discomfort

THIS !!!!...............
Old 07-31-2014, 03:59 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Ryebaby! Glad to have you join us!

Deb- So sorry about your pain.
Hope it is gone quickly.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:38 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Sitting on the deck listening to the owls talk.

Deb is that one of those no pain no gain instances?

Rye baby

It's nice seeing some new people

Karen you are soooo not lazy. it seems like you always busy and have 10 jobs

V SS about the blood sugar I'm doing it wrong too and I can't seem to stop. I'm exercising but my eating. Wow.
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:41 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Howdy Peeps!
Deb~Thx for starting us up for Aug.! SS you are experiencing discomfort. Hope it clears up soon!

Rye!

V~This Month is Your Mo. to get things in check! Here we Go! Let's get that bld sugar down!

Karen~Wow...that's a lot of Driving! Good plan...including the recliner!

CJ~Let's get that Eating under control in Aug! What did the Owls say? What a Hoot! I listen to an Owl here too. Just wish he would Hoot earlier in the evening.

Goal for this Month is to lose 4#. If I lose more...that will be a Bonus! Keep up the exercise that I'm doing & cut down on between meal snacks.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I lost 2 pounds in 2.5 weeks, and that's not bad considering I haven't been 100%. I'm in it for life, I'll never-ever eat grains or sugar again, and as long as I can enjoy life and still lose, even if it's slow, I'm good with that. We moved a month ago, and I had a birthday, so July was all over the map! But now we're pretty much done with the moving (and its accompanying muscle strains and pains), so in August I'm going to clean up my act and get serious, and see if I can't make it a 6 pound month. Yep, I'm goin' for 6.

Nice to meet y'all. Let's kick butt!

Rye
Old 08-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #12
Deb

Moving to Cali..thats what I want to do

just got back from shopping and lunch..was so nice to get out of the building

my bump has moved and taken on a new shape but it doesn't hurt and im saved by the little pink slip on shoes I bought from avon for traveling

my bump is so creepy I cant even post a pix
Old 08-02-2014, 06:18 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Deb tks for the new thread, hope your new bump goes away, but the good thing is that it doesn't hurt. Cali sounds nice, I hope to go there this winter with DIL to visit GS who's in the Marines. Been saving up for the trip.

Rye A 2 lb loss is a great start. Are you doing any special plan or just basic LC

Cheryl I love listen to owls but for some reason we haven't seen or heard them in a few years. I wonder why they left.

Karen good exercise riding both. I know when I'm riding the motorcycle my arms and legs get a good workout.

Pat 4 lbs is a nice goal. For me I'll just settle for any lose. I did good last Month. But tend to yoyo and gets me so frustrated. I just have a few lbs to go to see a new low. But taking forever
misty1028 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope you all had a nice weekend. We did, it was quite for a change. Just had another couple over last night for drinks and grilling then sat in front of the bonfire. I did really good staying on plan. Got to leave tomorrow morning at 4 am for Boston again but it's only a recheck.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #15
Deb

Had a great relaxing day/nite at the lake house..this morning we took a day drive out to the Okanagan..i miss living there..

anyways going to stay in the city for the night and head back to the lake house till Tuesday

my bump is going sllllowwwwllllly down and my arm is almost like new..hope I can put a runner on tuesday

happy sunday all
Old 08-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

An hour on the motorcycle today. Try and get some recliner work in yet tonight.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:36 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AZmommyof2
Stats: 298/243/155
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 11/26/2013
I would love to join for an August kickstart to get my butt back into gear... My goal this month is to follow my plan without any deviations ��.

But let's see what I can loose doing that...

August 3 - 245��

My name is Christle and I am a sugar addict... It has been 1 day since my last one. I can't look to far ahead but I know that today I won't binge.
AZmommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:17 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommyof2 View Post
I would love to join for an August kickstart to get my butt back into gear... My goal this month is to follow my plan without any deviations ��.

But let's see what I can loose doing that...

August 3 - 245��

My name is Christle and I am a sugar addict... It has been 1 day since my last one. I can't look to far ahead but I know that today I won't binge.
Welcome!!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Christie- Welcome to the group! Glad to have you with us.

Deb- Glad to hear your bump is starting to go down. Seems like things take forever to heal now that I am older. It drives me crazy, but it also makes me really careful about injuring myself too. Hope you are back in your runners this week.

Karen- I haven't been on a motorcycle in years, but it would have been a beautiful day for a ride yesterday in our area.

Pat- Thanks for the pep talk, I needed it. Yep, I am ready to quit whining and get back in that saddle. Setting my goal at 5 pounds this month.

Misty- Grilling and drinks by the fire sounds perfect to me. Glad you had such a nice time.. and ate good too!

Cheryl- I am so out of control with food lately. I think a lot of it is stress and hubby being off work so much due to his father's illness, and death and then a vacation. He has gained weight too... and he usually loses in the summer due to running his rear end off in the summer heat. Selfishly, I am happy I am not the only one gaining weight in our house this summer.

Ryebaby- You have a great start already, and I am sure you can hit your August goals!!

So, I packed DH off to work this morning and am ready to get my routine back again. I will be heading off to the store to get some groceries and stock up on healthy foods. No Junk. I will be tracking my food and water. I always do better when I track everything.. so that is my big goal for this week.
Next week my doctor has me booked for colonoscopy and mammogram. So, I will have to do a liquid fast on Monday and probably Tuesday too. I am not sure about all that yet. Anyway, I should lose a few pounds that week. Thursday afternoon is mammogram and Thursday night open house for back to school. This week I finish back to school clothes shopping. Whew.

Yesterday DH and I stopped at a Living Estate Sale down the street and he bought me some new furniture. A new bedroom set for my son. Solid Oak, very nice set... it will replace his bunk beds. (sniff, sniff.... he's growing up)
Another Solid wood dresser for my bedroom with a beautiful mirror. So I have to get things shuffled around and ready for the new furniture. That should burn a few calories.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Summer, that colonoscopy prep ought to be good for at least 3 pounds!

Good going everyone! I did 2 days of strict induction and feel better today. I avoided the wine and nuts (because we're out) and I think the carbs were like 10. Today is our anniversary so we are going out for lobster and I'll probably have some wine, but I won't eat any wrong foods....I never have a problem with protein and salad/veg. It's like grains, starch and sugar don't even exist.

Rye
Old 08-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MsLora
Stats: 194.5/187.5/145
Start Date: 8/4/14
Count me in! Today is my first day. I am starting at 194.5. My goal for August is to lose 12lbs.

Lora
MsLora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Back early from Boston, boy I hate that trip, they drive like maniacs. Got to go back in Nov.

Deb glad to hear your getting better. Maybe by the time you get back you'll be all healed.

Karen got to ride mine all weekend too. I been so busy that I was only going for short rides. Does your DH go riding with you?

Christle Is this your 1st time doing Atkins?

V I have to track everything I eat too. I write it in journal, if I don't I tend to eat more that I realize because I'm a picker, even though it's LC. But it adds up. Wow good for you getting the new furniture. I've been looking and new computer desk, think I finally found one I like, it's sorta like a hutch.

Last edited by misty1028; 08-04-2014 at 11:10 AM..
Old 08-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze63 View Post
Christie- Welcome to the group! Glad to have you with us.

Deb- Glad to hear your bump is starting to go down. Seems like things take forever to heal now that I am older. It drives me crazy, but it also makes me really careful about injuring myself too. Hope you are back in your runners this week.

Karen- I haven't been on a motorcycle in years, but it would have been a beautiful day for a ride yesterday in our area.

Sounds like you had a good weekend. They grow up fast.......

Where are you in the Midwest? If I ever knew, I forgot Mental pause!
Old 08-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
Back early from Boston, boy I hate that trip, they drive like maniacs. Got to go back in Nov.

Deb glad to hear your getting better. Maybe by the time you get back you'll be all healed.

Karen got to ride mine all weekend too. I been so busy that I was only going for short rides. Does your DH go riding with you?

Christle Is this your 1st time doing Atkins?

V I have to track everything I eat too. I write it in journal, if I don't I tend to eat more that I realize because I'm a picker, even though is LC. But it adds up. Wow good for you getting the new furniture. I've been looking and new computer desk, think I finally found one I like, it's sorta like a hutch.
Older I get, the more I hate city traffic also. Are we more chicken, or wiser?

Glad you got some bike time in too. I rode mine back to work after lunch today.

Usually DH and I ride together for enjoyment. Even talk to each other as we go!! Now combining oats and making straw, so will be a few days before we catch a break again. But 1/2 inch rain really helped Sat night.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Howdy, Peeps!

Christle & Lora!

Deb~Glad your Creepy Bump is getting absorbed & your arm is almost ready to Go!

Misty~Where in Cali are you visiting this winter? Yeah...hear ya on the Yoyo'n! Hate heavy city traffic too! Your wknd sounded nice! So, you're a Picker?

Karen~ On the Recliner work! Yup...hear ya on the Mental pause & being chicken/wiser about Traffic!

V~5# goal is good. Good going on the food Tracking. SS about DH's Dad's illness. Does sound like a Lot of Stress! Stress = wt. gain for me too! You are one busy Gal...Colonoscopy, Mammo, & School shopping! Whew!!! Kewl score on the Furniture!

Rye~Good going on the -2#! Happy Anniversary! Luv Lobsta on special occasions. How many years? Oh, never say never!

Christle~So, you're a Sugar Addict. I can get into that mode once in a while. It's Valentine's Day that I can chomp on chocolates up the Kazoo! I'm basically a salty/sour/crunchy type. I'm addicted to Potato Chips!

Lora~12# this Month?! Wow! Are you on strict induction or something else? Hope all goes well for you!

Wknd was Fun! Went to 2 outdoor concerts! Lady Gaga Sat. nite & Boston/Doobie Brothers last nite. Had Fun!
Went for a long paddle Sat. AM. We paddled 6.7mi around Fallen Leaf Lake. This was my first time doing that! We were lucky that the wind direction changed to the north on the way back to the Marina. Otherwise...I would have been really Tired!
Tried out new Yoga instructor this AM. Not sure if I like her style. She likes Hot Yoga & only gave us a whiff of fresh air by opening the door for a wee bit. Guy behind me was Sweating big time! He was Dripping sweat from his Hair! Missing Regular Yoga instructor already!
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

30 years!!!

Welcome Lora.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MsLora
Stats: 194.5/187.5/145
Start Date: 8/4/14
Thank you all for the welcome
Yes I am on VERY strict induction. I usually drop a lot of weight really fast so...12lbs hopefully will be easy for the first month.
MsLora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Lora

Rye Happy Anniversary, lobster sounds so good. I live on a lake so wine is one of my down falls because everyone comes over on the weekends. But I've been able to drink it and eat clean without a gain.

Pat we'll be going to Camp Pendleton in Ocean Side Cali. GS is station there. Sounds like fun, just me and his Mom will be going and she's so nice. Is your other yoga instructor still going to do the one day a week. Maybe the other one will grow on you after time.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:53 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Hoo boy, really blew it big-time tonight. We started out innocently enough, even telling them to take the bread away. We shared one lobster dinner with an extra salad...it was a Monday special, only $49 dollars for 3 courses, and in a swanky Newport Beach restaurant no less...unbelievable.

The third course was chocolate cake. We said no thanks. But she brought it anyway, and the plate was all decorated up with hearts. Sigh. We looked at it. We knew we shouldn't...but... I only ate some icing off the top, it was very dark, and none of the cake part (I don't DO wheat). OMG, real sugar. I said, "You know we're gonna feel like s**t tomorrow because of this." But a 30th anniversary doesn't happen every day and I didn't have any cake on my 65th birthday two weeks ago, and ...oh, all kinds of excuses. But we'll be BACK IN THE SADDLE again tomorrow, we promise.

Otherwise, we did really good! LOL...
Old 08-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Misty, I live on the north side of Camp Pendleton (near San Clemente) and I'm very familiar with Oceanside/Carlsbad. Let me know if you want any recommendations for places to go.