Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
***NO CHEATS AND STAYING UNDER 20 NET CARBS CHALLENGE***

Hi all! I feel like all the other active challenges right now started weeks ago and I wanted to start fresh with one!

I know there are some of us who only lose (or break plateaus) if we keep it under 20 net carbs, so whether you fall in that group, or you're actually just starting Induction, everyone is more than welcome to join!

The only guidelines are <20 net carbs/day and sticking to clean eating, whatever that means to you!
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Me: I'm on Day 4 of Induction, been eating super clean so far. Big short-term motivator for staying on track = I have an important business trip starting July 30 which I want to look my best for!
Old 07-18-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
WOE: Atkins'92

Not sure how many responses you will get but you are most certainly welcome to join us "losers" at the "JUST BEING SUPPORTIVE" thread on this same Forum. We are a friendly group of ladies who support all LOSERS regardless of the plan followed. Please join us!

As for me, I am following Atkins 92 and keep my Total carbs at under 20. I can't say that I don't cheat because I am only human and sometime fall off the wagon but I do try my best to eat clean.

Last edited by Crazy1; 07-18-2014 at 06:54 PM..
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1 View Post

Not sure how many responses you will get but you are most certainly welcome to join us "losers" at the "JUST BEING SUPPORTIVE" thread on this same Forum. We are a friendly group of ladies who support all LOSERS regardless of the plan followed. Please join us!

As for me, I am following Atkins 92 and keep my Total carbs at under 20. I can't say that I don't cheat because I am only human and sometime fall off the wagon but I do try my best to eat clean.
Hi Crazy1!! Thanks so much! I will stop by the JBS thread.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:25 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell Blue View Post
Hi all! I feel like all the other active challenges right now started weeks ago and I wanted to start fresh with one!

I know there are some of us who only lose (or break plateaus) if we keep it under 20 net carbs, so whether you fall in that group, or you're actually just starting Induction, everyone is more than welcome to join!

The only guidelines are <20 net carbs/day and sticking to clean eating, whatever that means to you!
Bluebell, Here is a link on this web-site that really helped me when I got started..
Some thoughts and reminders from the Atkins Center...
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:00 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kim_renee
Stats: 218/206/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 7, 2014
Yesterday was my 2 week mark of staying under 20 carbs and I'm down 12 lbs!! Woohoo!
kim_renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RyeBaby
Stats: 208/194/160
WOE: LCHF
A little late but worth the wait...I'll join. I have been so busy--especially last week--that I got a little sloppy with my eating (and drinking) habits, but starting today I'm zeroing in on clean eating and <20 carbs a day.

We had houseguests and, while I stayed true food-wise, I had a couple extra glasses of wine every day. The kicker must have been the Cosmopolitan...it tasted so sweet...we both (DH) felt like crap yesterday. Just zonked. Sugar blues?

Today I think it's about worn off and so it's back to square one, Baby!

I NEED THIS CHALLENGE! Summers are hard...my birthday and our anniversary present special dietary challenges. But we're both committed. DH has lost 20 pounds and I have lost 15 (in 3 months). We're seniors, so we think that's pretty darned good.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RyeBaby
Stats: 208/194/160
WOE: LCHF
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, doing fine food-wise. There is nothing in the house that isn't kosher, so I can't get into trouble. We had a sausage-onion-cheese scramble for breakfast around noon and we're having steak and salad for din-din. Afternoon snack was 2slices of salami with cream cheese. No wine, not yet anyway, but I have been having a little inner dialogue with myself because that beautiful filet deserves a nice cab.

Very tired today. But I got my big project done...designing the landscape for our new house. Now I can goof off.

We weigh in July 30. Until then I have no idea how I am doing, I just keep eating right and trying to stay away from the wine.
RyeBaby is offline   Reply With Quote