Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
~~LCMW~~Summer!

New thread!
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thought it was time for a new thread. I haven't been able to regain the discipline I had when I was doing JUDDD. It's a mindset I have to develop again.

On the plus side, I'm working out more often, getting at least 4 days in on the treadmill. Learning good biomechanics with the Chi Running app, I've never been comfortable running and their pointers are very helpful. I walk for a while, then up the speed and run for a bit. I heard sweat is good for the skin. LOL

Hope everyone is having a great summer!
Old 07-11-2014, 07:59 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Dak, that's great that you're working out regularly. And doing intervals like that is so great for fat burning. Have you noticed any loss in weight or inches?

TGIF!
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:34 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't tell if it's real or imaginary, but I think my legs and stomach are getter toned.

Today is the lavender festival, planning on getting some new oils this year, hopefully it won't be too hot this year. Any plans for the weekend?
Old 07-12-2014, 06:46 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, a lavender festival sounds like a lovely way to spend the day.

I'm getting my hair cut at noon and then I'm going to a new Costco I discovered last week. My old boss was raving about their quinoa salad and I've found other great reviews of it online. So I'm going to get some to see for myself.

I'm also going to try to get in a bike ride because it's really nice out today. I already walked the dogs and now they're both conked out

Then I have to write a paper for school and need to do a ton of boring reading.

Oh I don't think I told you that I bought a Pilates springboard. The attic exercise room was finished yesterday(floors were laid) so now I just have to get my contractor to hang the springboard on Tuesday when he finishes up with the baseboards and such. Can't wait to give it a try.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I googled pilates springboards, those looks so cool, what a great way to work out. I like using the wall, I think I showed you a picture of my yoga wall, I really like how it helps my students with balance problems.

The Lavender festival was fun, I had gone looking for vendor I bought from last year, I wanted a facial quality olive oil, but she wasn't there. Will probably be there next month at the Olive festival. I did buy some argan oil, that's really nice. I can see using it for my hair (my ends get really dry) and my skin.

I worked out a bit on the treadmill yesterday, part of chi running is that you land on forefoot, the base of toes, then let the heel come down afterward. But now by trying something different, my feet hurt. Hopefully it's just the learning curve.

A friend of mine served a quinoa salad that was so good, it really does lend itself to adding vegetables. This is a really good quinoa salad, not sure if I shared this here or not. I added a lot more peanut butter and skipped the avocado, nice when it's fresh, but not the next day, yuck.

Thai Quinoa Bowl

1 cup cooked quinoa

2 radishes, thinly sliced

1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced

1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded

1/4 cup onion, minced

1 carrot, peeled into ribbons

2-3 stalks curly kale, stems removed and chopped

1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped

1/2 tablespoon black sesame seeds

1/4 avocado, diced

Sweet + Spicy Peanut Sauce

1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter

1/2 tablespoon liquid aminos

1/2 tablespoon honey

1/2 lemon, juiced

1 teaspoon sesame oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

1-inch piece of ginger, grated

1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

pinch of sea salt

Whisk together the ingredients for the peanut sauce, set aside.

Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the avocado, to a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the quinoa and vegetables and mix well. Fold in the avocado pieces
Old 07-18-2014, 06:29 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, do you teach yoga? The quinoa salad looks good. I just saw this video on trying to do yoga with pets: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

I can so relate! I just tried walking back and forth in the living room while watching tv and both of the dogs kept following me back and forth. My new workout room is finished, finally. Contractor finished up today. I'm so glad to have the house back. Now to start using the room.

So this week, my goal is going to try to eat lots of seafood and salads and healthy oils. I've gained 5 pounds and feel awful.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:56 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That video is so true, once you get on the floor, you're up for grabs. Yeah, I teach yoga! Keeps me healthy and isn't as taxing as doing bodywork. I hope by next year to teach meditation, I'm really enjoying the classes I'm doing.

Going down to LA this weekend, leaving early in the morning, taking my sister to a movie and lunch for her birthday. Got my car washed, need to go home and do laundry. Hope to get to bed early tonight!
Old 07-19-2014, 08:31 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a great weekend with your sis.

How many classes do you teach each week?

Did you guys see the video of kacy catanzaro beating the course in American Ninja? I don't watch the show but was reading a thread in Makeupalley and someone posted it. It was amazing watching her go through the course. She's a tiny little thing, but so powerful. Of course she trains 8 hours a day. I read an interview and it looks like she follows a very low carb diet. The only grains she eats are oats in oatmeal and other than that, lots of seafood and salads.

Adi, lil miss, how are you guys doing? Hope all is well.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am back as I have been to the National Goat Show. 1000 miles is a long way with goats. Left on Friday am early and stopped for the night at a harse sable so the girls could get out and the on to Lousiville, KY. Left last Saturday and drove staight through coming home. Milked out my milker at a rest stop. She placed third with second udder. I was SO THRILLED. My junior yearling placed 6th and my senior yearling placed 7th out of the largest class with 41 in it. I am happy with their showings. The other three didn't make the top twenty but that is fine as I had three that did make it. I got sick on Thursday and started throwing up Thursday night. Slept all day Friday and felt well enough to drive on Saturday. It is hard being sick 1000 miles from home. The my verification tester for mlk test could ONLY come on Monday so I had to keep going until that was over and today I am at work. Gosh I am worn out too.
Hubby hired three teenage boys and they put in the new liner in the swimming pool while I was gone. Did a great job. I installed the new skimmer face plates Monday and the pool should be full by this evening. DH and I flushed the lines aleady so here's hoping we can get the skimmers to work as we are getting an overload of grasshoppers drowning themselves in the pool.
I talked DH into letting me hire the three boys to come clean my flower beds and help him cover the rest of the backyard in black plastic and put the gravel on it so we never have to mow or weed eat back there again. I will just have a 12 inch wide bed down one side of the fence for my herbs and mints and such. He fell down the slope going to the deep end aking out the old liner and banged himself up pretty good so he was happy to have tenaged boys to do the heavy work. Supervising was easier. He said they were hard workers too.
Being sick did have some advantagesa. I quit drinking coffee and Diet Coke for a few days and since the withdrawals were already done I refuse to start back. I made sun tea yesteday to drink at home and I have water at work. My back still urts and not sure if that is from throwing up, iding i a truck for 18 hous or from coughing as I also had an asthma attack while loading up due to the poor air quality where we had the show.
Back to healthy eating as I have been living on yogurt to get my system jump started.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/152/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:38 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Poor adi! It is awful being sick when you're away from home. Hope you get to take it easy this weekend and rest up. Wow, it's great that you found some young kids to work for you.

Poor DH! Is he recovered from the fall?

Back to Bernstein's for me. I stopped testing my blood sugar and got complacent.

I am starting a new job on Monday. Same company, but a different department. I'll be working on the claims system and will start out doing some programming which should be fun. Then the plan is that I'll move into a management role, but honestly, at this point, I'm hoping I can role into more of a project manager role instead of a people management role.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The Nationals! So happy for you that so many of your goats did well! But getting sick like that, uggh, glad you made it home safe and sound. Great find on your teenaged helpers, that can sometimes be very hit or miss, you lucked out with some good workers!

DH entered one of his painting in the Midstate Fair and won Best of Show. Similar story to you, Adi. The day after he won, he got very sick, chills, fever, aches. Wasn't able to give his talk at the fair, or man the booth (luckily it wasn't solely depending on him). Lost a week of work. Not good when people are in town possibly buying. He may have the winning piece sold though, !

Kritter, congrats on your new job! I like your idea of being project manager, managing people, IDK, sounds like possibly being the middle man for managements bad policies, at least back when I managed people that was what I ended up doing.

I teach about 9 classes a week these days now. Though yesterday I ended up cancelling, doing a two day turnaround to LA took a bit out of me. When my clients start telling me I look tired, it's time to take a break, LOL.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:06 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, you really nailed it. That is one of the things that drives me crazy. For instance, they have a rule that during bonus time, a certain percentage of people have to be bypassed for a bonus. So if I have 5 outstanding people working for me, at least 1 of them can't get a bonus. But, you're not allowed to tell them about the rule. You have to feed them a lot of BS.

Congratulations to your hubby! How's he feeling now? Did he get over being sick. Sounds like he had the flu. Hope you're feeling better.

We have a funeral tomorrow in New Jersey. I kept thinking that it's going to be a long day. Have to leave the house at 8:15, pick up my sister-in-law in Philly, go to the viewing, then the mass, then the cemetery, then the luncheon, then drop sister-in-law off at her house, then drive home. I was looking forward to coming home and chilling with a glass of wine and then maybe getting some reading done for school and then going to bed early. Then DH reminded me that we have a surprise birthday party to go to tomorrow night for my nephew. Oye! With everything going on this week I totally forgot. I better get to bed so I'll be able to hopefully stay awake tomorrow night.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:23 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

DAk - Poor hubby. I can certainly empathize with him. So proud he won the show. Great going.
kriiter - people management is what I still do and it can get a little frustrating at times. LOL But it pays well so I endure. I told my replacement when I moved up that the first thing I learned to do was lie when I became an administrator. The next year she told me I was so right. Lie by omission most of the time. I know it but I can't tell it. LOL

I broke down and decided to drink a cup of coffee every morning as I have been dragging and coffee doesn't make me want more. One cup and that is all I want. Diet COkes were like a drug. Drink one and then you want another so I am on water and only using Stevia for a sweetener. Gradually getting used to it. But it is better for me I know.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, I'm the same way with diet Pepsi. Can't stop drinking them. I was thinking of switching to Diet Snapple iced tea. I had one the other day and really enjoyed it.

My diet is kind of all over the place. Still trying to eat healthy and avoid sugar but with the new job and school, I'm going for convenience more than usual.

But, I'm loving my pilates springboard! My legs are feeling so strong and stretched. Same with my arms. And this is with only working with it for about 1/2 every other day. Can't wait to have the time to do more with it.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:44 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - glad you like your new piece of exercise equipment. We got the pool liner in and completed and I can swim now. YEA!!!
I am doing liquids for my DD's. Coffee with HWC , water and iced tea. I am getting used to it and it is easy and I don't have to worry about calories and what can I eat. I just don't eat anything.
My son's 4th grade teacher died. She was only 54 but obese and diabetic. Sad really.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, so sad about your son's teacher.

Enjoy your pool!
Old 07-31-2014, 08:36 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

This has been a rough week. A 17 year old that DH coached in junior high was killed in a car wreck and a 10 year old elem student at the same elementary where the former teacher died, drowned in a stock pond. And the week isn't over yet.

Had to go buy feed today so we went in my old Excursion since it was supposed to rain. It sprinkled and we went to Lowe's and Sam's and made it a day. Mailed my first package to son in Afghanistan. Have no idea what he needs or wants other than cookies and brownies so I filled a box with those and stuck stuff like Neosporin, bandaids, lip balm, moleskin, foot powder etc in all the cracks and crevices. Figure he can give it away if he doesn't need it. It rained some after we got home and cooled things off a bit.
Had a great day otherwise.