Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 04:00 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SOUTH BEACH VETS - It's July!

New Month!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2014, 04:01 AM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi All!

Running late, but wanted to get the new thread up!

Wiz - I think I am keeping it up - I can't believe the difference in my energy level, especially at night, AND my sleep patterns!!! I am actually sleeping now!!!

Hope everyone is well!
Old 07-02-2014, 05:37 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Morning Beachers!

Last night was bi, tris and shoulders. Not too sore this morning so I think I need to go with more reps!

Cindy - Hows your husband doing with the vegan?

Wiz - After 15 days of being by herself (except with her old parents) she was ready for her brother to come home.

So so busy at work! I gotta get back to it. Have a great Wednesday! So glad tomorrow is my Friday.

to all of my beach buddies.
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:54 AM   #4
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning!

I am supposed to be on vacation today, but still had to jump on a couple of conference calls this morning.

Cindy, good for you!

Tina, nice upper body workout. That is definitely the weak link in my exercise regimen.

Gotta run, I have a zillion things to do around here before my brother and his family arrive later today.
wiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:00 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/182/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Good Morning Ladies,
Things are still super busy in my world, taking to my son to and from summer school and taking him to and from outpatient classes, I feel like I am running constantly and then trying to do my job in between all the running around! Its crazy.

I am ready for the 3 day weekend coming up, we are heading out of town for the 4th to go stay with my adopted my parents, they live in Eastern WA and its kind of desert land over there. Michael has never been there and is excited because the state of WA allows much cooler fireworks than we can purchase here in Oregon lol. It was 100 degrees here yesterday and we were dying, so I broke down and purchased an AC unit to put in our living room, its only going to be in the 80s today, but Im still glad we have AC now. Eating was off yesterday cause it was so hot, I got us take out for dinner.

Anyone else have plans for the 4th?

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:43 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning Beachers!

I worked back and chest last night. I need to figure out a few more good muscle building moved for these areas.

I started doing IIFYM on Monday. You can eat anything you want but you have to meet certain protein, carb and fat grams. So far I am really liking it. To help meet my protein goal I have been having a vanilla protein shake with a quirt of orange mio. Taste just like a creamsicle. YUMMY.

So glad for a 3 day weekend. I plan on visiting my momma tomorrow and not leaving the house on Sat and Sun. I'm hoping our work will spring us early, but since we are doing end of month reporting I not to optimistic.

Have a great 4th holiday weekend beachers!
Old 07-07-2014, 04:24 AM   #7
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The less said about what I ate the last couple of days, the better.

I made the decision to go back on a strict SB program. I was flirting with Very Low Carb, but really didn't like it. I missed the variety of vegetables and fruit I enjoy. In any case, a Phase 1 detox day is on tap for me!

It will be a busy work week for me. I even had to put in a couple of hours yesterday. ugh.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
Im not getting on the scales today, dont wanna know lol. Eating has been off plan and too much booze lol.

I will eat clean today and check tomorrow.

Did everyone have a good 4th? We had a busy weekend, lots of running around. Went to the river yesterday and I managed to get sunburnt, hurting today lol. Thats really the only way I tan though, I burn first and then it turns to tan in a few days and then I can get darker, kinda sucks.

This is my sons last week of summer school, he is super excited and so am I, that will cut down on my running around a bunch! I can resume somewhat of a normal work schedule, I will still work from home on Monday and Wednesdays for the rest of this month so I can get him to his counseling appts and what not.

Back to work for me, have a great week ladies!

Kelly
Old 07-08-2014, 06:25 AM   #9
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all!!

I had a great Phase 1 day, with no night time snacking. I'm ready for another one today!

I am working on a huge new deal and it turns out I have to go to the UK and Luxembourg to make presentations at the end of July. I've never been to Luxembourg before, so looking forward to seeing my last of the BENELUX countries (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg). So much for a nice quiet summer, I'm going to be swamped...

Kelly, I got too much sun last weekend too. I don't burn, but I just felt like I was overdone. Time flies on the beach and before you know it, I've spent 5 hours in the sun. At least I wear a big hat, so my face is very covered except when I am in the water.

Tina, what is IIFYM? And what levels are you eating to?

Cindy, how's it going?

2014 Running Miles: 343
2014 Walking Miles: 279
2014 Biking Miles: 466
Old 07-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #10
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 2 of Phase 1 went well! I am finally starting to detox from all my indulgences last week...

It's really hot and humid here, so I only did a 3-mile run this morning (and I still felt like a human sponge when I was done. ugh)

Back to work, it's a crazy week.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:09 AM   #11
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heeelllllloooo....do I hear an echo in here?? No, it's just me. LOL. OK, where is everyone hiding?

I was crazy miserable at work yesterday and had a giant glass of wine last night. And enjoyed every drop of it. Other than that, another Phase 1 day in the book.

I will weigh in tomorrow. But I do have to say that I am feeling really good. Lots of energy! I felt like I could go forever on my 5-mile run this morning.

Have a good day!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
I got on the scales this morning and was 193, so my clean eating the last few days has paid off, almost back to my siggy weight, would love to break into the 180s soon!

Today is my sons last day of summer school, so my schedule can return back to somewhat normal after today We met with his new counselor last night for the first time and I really like her. My son has expressed his decision to want to stay here with me when school starts in the fall and go to high school down here, but he is scared to tell his dad and feels like he will disappoint his dad. I feel really bad for him and we talked to the counselor about having a big family meeting and her being there to be a moderator to help him tell his dad about what he has decided. He wants to get a job for the rest of the summer to earn some money, so I helped him apply at Subway yesterday and Michael is taking him to a gas station near our house where they are looking for a pump attendant, so hopefully he finds something, he has never had a job before and I think that would really make him feel good about himself.

We got our fishing licenses yesterday and plan to do some fishing this weekend and we are going to BBQ at the lake with the kids. Its going to be very hot here this weekend, just shy of 100 degrees, I am still sunburnt from last weekend lol.

Well I had better get back to work, my school starts Monday, so I need to enjoy this weekend since it will be my last homework free weekend for 10 weeks!

Kelly
Old 07-11-2014, 05:43 AM   #13
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kelly, good weigh-in!

I weighed in today and it was meh. It was exactly where I thought I was, but I guess I was hoping for a bit of a whoosh.

In any case, I love being back on straight SBD. I feel really good. I am eating a ton of vegetables and some lean proteins. I have cut back on cheese. I want to add back in some fruit, but I think that I need to stick with Phase 1 (plus some wine here and there ) for a while longer.

And I exercised 8 out of the last 9 days!!

TGIF!!
Old 07-11-2014, 06:12 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

I know I've been MIA this week. Work has been super crazy and by the time I get home I am just done!

Hoping next week is better!

Wiz - I'll come back in later and try to give the run down on IIFYM!

TGIF beachers! Enjoy your weekend!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #15
Queen Bargain Shopper

Crazy busy as well too!

Hope you all are well!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:00 AM   #16
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

I did 20 miles on my exercise bike this morning. Ready for Phase 1 Monday.

Not much else to report here other than work is just going to be crazy busy this week. I'm really not looking forward to it.

Let's all have an awesome week of eating!!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:26 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Had a nice but too short weekend.

Work has been crazy for a few weeks! Vacation is scheduled in 2 weeks.

DH is done 25 lbs.

Wiz - IIFYM is If It Fits Your Macros. You have to meet certain protein, fat and carb amounts each day. Its a lot of weighing and tracking of your food. Which I don't mind...

Have a great week beachers!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:25 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
Had a fun weekend with the kids, but I did horrible with my eating Im not even getting on the scales this morning to check, I felt horrible and bloated when I went to bed last night, I hate that!

Saturday we went to a beautiful lake and hung out in the water and fished, only caught 1 fish, but still had fun. Then yesterday we got up super early and went fishing again near our house, didnt catch a thing, but it will still fun. The teenagers like to tease me and crack jokes. They were calling me on their cell phones from like 50 feet away to ask me if I caught anything yet lol. Silly kids, but they provide us many laughs!

Not much else to report, vacation in 1 month for us!! Cant wait to go lay by the pool and just chill out with the family.

Have a great week ladies,

Kelly
Old 07-15-2014, 11:51 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Afternoon Vets!

Good eating day yesterday and I did some bis and tris again. Today I'm going to do some chest and back exercises, maybe add in some core work.

2.5 weeks until vacation! Can't wait. Red eye NYC trip and then we go to visit DHs parents.

Have a great Tuesday Beachers.

ETA: Please send good vibes my son's way. he had an interview and today received an email that he is still in contention for the position. Positive vibes needed that he gets it. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2014, 05:59 AM   #20
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Work is just crazy for me too. Really over the top!

Eating has been good, but I managed to tweak my back the other day while pulling weeds. (Darn weeds!!) So I am laying off exercise for a couple of days. No sense making things worse.

Tina, good luck to your son! We're on vacation the first week of August and will also be in NY (but not in the city.) We're doing Saratoga Springs and then Cooperstown. I'm looking forward to a nice driving trip, I'm on far too many airplanes...

Kelly, I still haven't weighed in since the weekend.

Cindy, hope all is well!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:31 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
I weighed in yesterday and it was bad Been eating clean this week though. We have vacation in 30 days so I want to lose all that I can before we go, I will be in swimsuit a good portion of the trip since it will be so hot there, we have a hot tub at the cabin for the night and swimming pool during the day. I need to get as much of this weight off as I can!!

Also I started looking into places for us to go for our 3 year anniversary, its not until March, but I wanted to start planning now cause I want to go somewhere tropical that will require Michael to get a passport, so we need plenty of planning time. Im looking into the Dominican Republic, anyone been there? The beaches look amazing, lovely soft white sand! Its nice too cause most places are the all inclusive, so your meals and drinks are all included, which helps with costs and planning.

Anyway, I would love to be skinny by the time that trip comes along! The lowest I ever made it down too was like 170, I am like 20 something pounds over that right now I really think I need to go back to working out and eating right, I have these work out DVD's I ordered but never used, so maybe its time!

Here is todays menu:

b- 2 egg omelet with bacon & onions
l- chef salad
s- mocha protein shake
d- pork roast w/veggies

Kelly
Old 07-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #22
Queen Bargain Shopper

I'm here but being pulled in twenty directions.
Still being vegan. I've lost a few lbs but nothing significant.
A friend who is vegan, said that I will probably see some changes when I stick with it longer. I am eating a sh*tload of veggies, lol and have been pretty satisfied! My sleep has been great!

Kelly - you have done it before; you will do it again!

Tina - any word on the job for DS?

Wiz - August is a week away! I am taking Mondays off up until mid August when I can't take any time off until after the semester starts......it's not enough!

to all of you!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 07-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF beachers!

Short ab workout last night. Shopping for my momma bday tonight so probs no workout.

DS did not get the job he interviewed for. He is reading the CDL book so he can get the CDL permit to learn to drive tractor trailiers. And he is working right now, but its just a 20 hr a week place.

Oh and I forgot to say that IIFYM is supposed to preserve your lean muscle mass while you lose fat. I haven't really given it a fair shake yet, so I'm not sure how I'm doing on it.

Wiz - Work has been over the top crazy here also. I hate it. I do have another job prospect that I'm pretty excited about so I'll see where that goes.

Kel - 20 lbs is def doable before your anniversary trip rolls around. You looked really really good when you went to Hawaii earlier this year (I think it was earlier this year)

TGIF TGIF TGIF, I can't say it enough!!!!
Old 07-21-2014, 04:59 AM   #24
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all! It was a nice weekend, although the weather was kind of crummy. We went out to dinner on Friday, a graduation party on Saturday and met some friends to celebrate some July birthdays yesterday. Eating was okay, not great. That's the story of my life

How was your weekend?

I've got another busy week ahead, but hopefully not quite as grueling as last week! And then I leave for London/Luxembourg on Saturday - not back until next Friday.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:21 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Frustrated with myself today! Hope you all are doing better than I am.

Hoping to make this a good week!

Wiz - that's a long work trip. Sounds like its going to be grueling for you!

Happy Monday Beach Friends!
Old 07-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
I had a good eating weekend and weight is going in the right direction! So my son finally told his dad this week that he wants to stay here to start school in the fall, it had been stressing him out for awhile now, so it was nice he got that off his shoulders. We have a family counseling session on Wednesday this week, I am not looking forward to it cause I really dont like my ex and have never gone to counseling with him since our divorce, hes a control freak and a jerk But I am doing this for my son, he complains that his dad and I dont communicate enough, which is true because I tend to avoid talking to him! Only 2 more years and he will be 18 and then I wont have to worry about talking to his dad much lol.

Michael and I have a date night tomorrow night, we are going to a music festival, the bands playing are Everclear, Eve 6, Soul Asylum and Spacehog. Total 90's flashback from my high school years, I cant wait!! He doesnt really care about those bands, but is going along cause he knows I love them lol.

We also have a kid free weekend, which will be nice! We are planning on doing some fishing and I am going to take him to the small town that I graduated high school from and show him the restaurant that my family used to own. He has never been there, so will be kinda fun to show him.

Tina- That Hawaii trip was actually last year, time flys lol. I was at my lowest weight ever on that trip, about 170. This morning I weighed 194 I will get back there and hopefully lower, my goal weight has always been 150, but I have never made it there lol.

Well back to work for me, have a great week ladies!!

Kelly
Old 07-22-2014, 04:43 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning Beachers!

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:36 AM   #28
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We're taking our nieces out to dinner tonight before they go back to college!! Looking forward to some quality time with them.

Everything else? same old, same old.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:37 AM   #29
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice brisk 5-mile walk with Joe this morning! I've been doing a lot more walking since Joe lost his job. He doesn't run any more, so if we go together - it's walking. The good news is that I don't get as many aches and pains, bad news is I don't wear off as many calories.

Getting geared up for London and Luxembourg. I leave Saturday afternoon, back next Friday night. It will be grueling - 4 flights, 3 hotels, 2 customer presentations and a whole bunch of prep work in between. I do have Sunday afternoon to hang out in London, hopefully the weather will be good!

I haven't been particularly stringent with my eating this week - given that I will be in Europe next week and on vacation the week after. I'll get back to it once vacation is over...weight has been pretty much holding steady right now.

Cindy, loved the recent photo on FB of your grandson! He is getting so big.

Tina, good for your son on studying for his CDL test. There are a lot of jobs out there for people with their CDLs. As a hiring manager at his old job, Joe had a tough time finding people with their CDL.

Kelly, Enjoy the kid-free weekend!

If I don't check in before I leave, my next post will be from the other side of the Pond
Old 07-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
I am back to my siggy weight listed on here That made me happy! I made an awesome low carb blackberry cobbler last night, made everyone else a standard one and a small low carb one for me

Counseling went well yesterday with my sons dad, he agreed to let him live with me and start school here in the fall!

Not much else to report, just busy with school work, I have a bunch of stuff due by this Sunday, ugh!

Wiz- Have fun on your trip, even though its for work

Kelly