Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Blitz XVlll - July 1st to Sept.30

Hey gang, here is the new blitz! Wishing us all great success!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Thanks, Abi!
Gibby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Your welcome Marilee! See you all in the morning!
Old 07-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ella5
what's a blitz?
Ella5
ella5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
abs, i hate shopping too, but that sounds like such fun!...especially lunch...hahaha!

it's tough deciding where to live...we have lived in this house since january 1986, when our oldest was 1 year old...but sarah is in nashville and who knows if she will move back and chris and emmy live in the seacoast (about 45 mins - 1 hour away) and vincent will be going to school out there in the fall...anthony lives in our town but i'm not sure he will stay here...

we think about moving to the seacoast as well - that's where we met and where i went to school and we love it out there, but like abi says, we don't want to move and then have them move...so we will probably stay put until the kids get more settled and decide at that time...

and the other thing is that we have LOTS of memories in this house...it is cool to see amadora playing in the same room her mother played in at the same age...and so many family members and friends who have since died, spent time here...tough choices...and like you abs, if we had family other than the kids close by, we would probably just stay put, but our extended families are in ri and ct...

got and early start today and emmy moved and then took her food shopping and filled her house with EVERYTHING...haha...we left before sal got home, but he must have been shocked as we got everything set up and cleaned up...the baby was ADORABLE!

still eating on plan...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 07-01-2014 at 07:41 PM..
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:57 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning, kids!

hi ella!...welcome to our 18th consecutive "blitz"...hope you decide to join us...flatferenghi started these blitzes on april 1, 2010 and some of us started way back then...we are basically a group of non-judgmental folks who all follow our own individual low-carb-ish way of eating...

we set our own goals, post our results (or not), share menus (or not), share recipes, strategies, family stories, exercise regimens, challenges etc....we support and encourage rather than preach...the blitz lasts three months and the goal is to finish each one healthier than we started it and hopefully, lighter!...

welcome! :-)

Last edited by tony8; 07-02-2014 at 03:59 AM..
Old 07-02-2014, 04:22 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ella! A Blitz is a term coined by our fearless leader Flat Ferenghi who we lovingly call FF for short. It is a supportive and non judgemental thread where everyone does what works for them. It is constantly changing as we fine tune it or just shake it up some. Sometimes everyone is doing well and sometimes only some of us are doing well and we are encouraged by the others. Keep posting here and we think you will feel right at home.

Tony, I would have loved to see Sal's face when he walked in and saw his new place all set up, clean and well stocked!

I am totally off program right now I'm afraid. It is just too hard to be cooking for 8 and eat clean. Sigh... I just hope I am not doing too much damage and can bounce back after the kids go back to Missouri on Monday.

I put a pork butt in the crock pot at 3:30am and my older sister and husband will be here for lunch. I won't even mention any of the other food on the menu.

Will check back later and make sure eveyone found the new thread. FF, hope to hear from you soon! We miss you lots!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:19 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hi ella5, welcome to our small group. We are very supportive of each other and consider ourselves family. Yea, what Tony said

Abs, thanks for starting the new month. I used to like pork roast but the last few times, for some reason, I have been turned off by it. Not sure why? I still like pork chops as long as they are lean. Pork steaks gross me out because of all the fat.

Tony, do you watch or know about Parenthood? You kind of sound like Camille and her hubby when they were downsizing and selling their big house.

My two oldest boys are flying in today. Thad from TX, in about an hour and Zac, from FL, late tonight. I am picking up Thad this morning and ex will pick up Zac tonight.

Zac is here until he flies out really early on the 6th. He is the one who got married in Nov. and there has been tension in the relationship. At least between me and his wife.

Thad is here for longer and DH and I will be taking him back to TX mid July for our vacation. Youngest son John, was to go with but prefers to stay back and detassle to make some $$$$

Any kid from IA needs to experience detassling some time LOL. I did it for one day and quit. But, back then, I did walk beans. Walking beans isn't done any more with the new found chemicals and equipment

John, youngest, was out mowing yesterday when one of the neighbors came by and complimented our landscaping. YAHOO, someone noticed.

OK, so we have had a ton of rain. Yesterday, wasn't too bad. A lot less humidity and cooler with mostly sunny skies. We had short bursts of rain, but nothing amounted to much. Today, BRRRRRR. Breezy and in the 50's with a high of mid 60's. Yep, it's IA. In fact, high of 70s I think for the 4th so it will be chilly watching the fireworks.

On plan and doing ok. Last week I got caught up in a FB page challenge started by a woman who had lost a ton of weight and was quite the cheerleader. The group exploded with members. There were so many posts it was cluttering my newsfeed and getting quite frustrating. A couple of days ago she posted that she would charge $ if people wanted her personal support etc. and she admitted to not having any credential of any kind, but that is where I drew the line. I know it was optional, but enough is enough. There were may rules too. Of which, I agree to some, if what hasn't been working then do something different was her motto. She kind of reminded me of Jillian Michaels, a hard a$$. I left the group. I can get my support from other places, thank you.

I best wrap this up and get going to the airport. TTYL
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:39 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, happy your sons will be visiting...just try to bite your tongue and stay on the high road with your son's wife...unfortunately, once your child picks a mate, you're stuck with them for better or worse as well...haha...i know you know that the goal is to maintain a close, loving relationship with your son and any future grandchildren and she will be the gatekeeper on some of that...try to love her and if you can't, take acting classes!...lol...

by the way, what is detassling and walking beans???...

abi, forgot to thank you for starting the new thread...THANK YOU! :-)
Old 07-02-2014, 08:20 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all! Happy 4t of July eve.

Hi Ella! What they all said. I love the Blitz and couldn't do without these people. I've been on other threads, but this is my "home". I have not been successful with my weight loss journey, but have never received anything but encoragement and support from my Blitz friends. Please feel free to join us. We'd love to have you in our group.

Well, 111 degrees today. The monsoon is coming but isn't quite here yet. They say we have a slight chance of a storm tomorrow night - it figures - the one night where we want a clear sky for the fireworks. However, I'm sure it won't rain. It's too early in the season.

You can all laugh at me, but I have a 4th of July tradition. I watch Jaws - it is my personal inauguration to Summer. It's airing today and I have my DVR set to record it. I'll watch it on Friday on my new big screen TV - I wish it was 3D. My tv has 3D and I have the glasses and everything. I remember when I saw Jaws at the theatre in 1975. It was the first time I went to a movie and heard men scream. Funny as heck!

Toni, I understand your dilemma about moving. I'd love to be by the shore, but memories carry a lot of weight. However, sometimes it's nice to start a new chapter.

Vicki, I'm guessing detassling has to with corn and walking beans is walking the rows of green beans and picking them for sale. Did I get it?

Best get to work. TTFN

Marilee
Old 07-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning all!

Oh my it's crazy busy right now at work being the first of the month and everyone paying rent and all!!!

Welcome Ella, hope you stick around for a while!

Tony, I know JUST WHAT YOU MEAN about trying to figure where to go with the kids all going their own way.....that's exactly what we're debating right now!!

Abi, I wouldn't even worry about the food right now.....enjoy your family time....make the best choices you can and get back on the wagon when life gets back to normal......live life!!!!

Vicki, I remember walking beans!! I don't know about detassling though???

Marilee, I think that's a fabulous tradition!!! I did not know you could a TV to support 3D now! Technology is amazing!

Well, I'm up to my eyeballs in rent.....but I had to sneak in and tell everyone a secret.....

I WEIGHED 199.8 THIS MORNING!!!!!

I weighed 3 times just to be sure.....I'm not really claiming it unless I'm the same or lower tomorrow too.....but do you know how long it's been since I've seen any number below 200 on the scale?!?!?!?!?!?! Well I don't either because I went through a period of years when I didn't weigh myself.....but it's over 10 years for sure!!! For now I'm just grinning big.....if my weight is still below 200 tomorrow I'll be doing the happy dance!

Have a great day!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YEA TAMMY!!!!!!

I'm so proud of you.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:26 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yea tammy too!!!!!!!!...you got there whether you are there tomorrow or not!...celebrate girl - you earned the right!...i guess the rent checks are better than having to send out the dunning letters...haha

marilee, we live about 90 minutes north of cape cod and this week they have been seeing great white sharks around the beaches - seriously!...all over the boston news...i LOVE that movie - i remember reading the book and getting the heck scared out of me!...haha...the 3d tv sounds very cool!

it's in the 90s here and i am taking as close to a day off as i ever take these days...ran some errands this morning and will hit the pool this afternoon...i am a bit sore from all the moving the past 2 days so i'm gonna wait till tomorrow to hit the gym...will exercise in the pool and swim today...

hope everyone is enjoying hump day!

where did ella go?
Old 07-02-2014, 06:03 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, let me see if I can try and explain. I am not from IA or the farm so bear with me. Walking beans is pulling weeds in the soy bean fields. That, I am sure of because I did it. Detasseling is taking the tassels off of the corn stalks. I suspect it is field corn and not sweet corn. I suppose so it doesn't cross pollinate?? You know, Monsanto has to maintain it's GMO corn quality. Before detasseling there is something called rogueing. Again, I am not too sure about this. I did rogueing for 1 day and quit. I was supposed to whack down the tallest corn stalk with a machete knife. Well, when all of the corn is over your head anyways, how are you supposed to figure out which one is the tallest? I whacked randomly.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, vicki...now i'm more confused than ever!...haha...

very relaxing day...spent about an hour swimming...dw went to emmy's place to help her clean and organize...she must be having fun with the baby as i haven't heard from her since this morning!...haha...
Old 07-03-2014, 03:36 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, somehow i missed your post yesterday...i agree with tammy that you shouldn't worry about what you eat while you have your family around you...food is more than nourishment - it is part of the history and culture of generations of your family and i am sure the kids enjoy watching you enjoy the meals you share with them...sheesh, with the egg salad, tuna, pork rinds, ground beef, no-rewards, scrambled eggs, pizza toppings etc. you are restricted to almost every week of the year, you have more than earned this! :-)

just to set a bad example for you, i made lobster rolls last night and i ate most of the grilled-in-butter hot dog roll with NO GUILT...so yummy!...haha

as marilee would say, happy thursday "kiddos"!

Last edited by tony8; 07-03-2014 at 03:37 AM..
Old 07-03-2014, 10:20 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Good morning kids!

Abi must having a great time with the family....she isn't here!!

Vicki, I HATED working in the garden when I was a kid.....my mom ALWAYS had a huge garden and grew EVERYTHING you could think to put in the ground....we were always weeding, pulling rocks, snapping beans......omg we would snap beans by the bushels....and then she canned everything.....I still hate canned vegetables.....she's always asking if I miss not having a garden....No....no I really do not! However I must agree with you....it was good, hard work for a kid to learn and appreciate.

Marilee, thanks honey!!

Tony, I have heard of lobster rolls....but I don't think I've ever had them....what are they? I love lobster in drawn butter.....

Well the 199.8 stuck......it was still there this morning so I am claiming it!!

We have no major plans this weekend, I'm sure we'll do plenty of hiking and will play at the beach....outside of that I hope to SLEEP....it's been a rough week rest wise and I am WEARY!

Have a great day everyone!
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #18
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
still alive!

was not able to get to library till now. my cell phone is dying, and i have no access to phone # directory. Tony, I hope you can give me a call this evening, after 7:30pm eastern time. I should be home by then. I do not remember your #. I am doing well on ATKINS phase ONE. My clothes are getting a bit bigger. Although this time of year is odious to me, I am using it to my advantage. I hope everyone is building good eating habits, and/or strengthening them. That I am not at least twice my current weight is a result of the creation of these blitzes. Time is the enemy. I have had to cancel some appointments owing to circumstances beyond my control. But (assuming my union does not go on strike-the contract expires July 9, and the phys therapists are union members), I will soon be doing phys therapy, and possibly accupuncture, and a cortisone shot in the rt hip. Also, I need a complete meds review. I believe I am over compensated with htn meds, or under- compensated with thyroid meds, or both. But for the past month, I have been lying in bed till late in the afternoon or early evening. Otherwise, I am in good spirits. I hope y'all have a great 4th. I am practically next door to the low carb bread bakery. I am going to 5 Guys burgers on Sat, and taking 2 slices of lc toast, and Heinz low carb ketchup for the 1st burger, and w/o bread for the 2nd. I hope to be more frequent on this site. Love & Profits:FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, great to see you...i will try you tonight...good to hear you are on plan...i know you hate the heat so it is hard to believe you were out in it today!

tammy, hope you get some much-needed rest!...a HUGE congrats on achieving two days in 1dereland...

when i saw my new doc on the 24th, my lab results were good enough that she agreed to let me go a year before going back...my blood sugar was a little high but not far off...this A1C glucose result gives them a three-month picture and the first month i was off-plan, so i'm confident it will improve

my ldl cholesterol is still high at 210 and my overall cholesterol is 270, but i refuse to go on statin drugs because of the suspected link to dimentia in older patients...the good news is that my ldl is the large, fluffy "benign-ish" type and not the small, dense, dangerous type...my hdl is also good at 48 and my triglycerides are awesome at 85, which tells them i am not eating junk and high carbs...my meds do not need to be adjusted for now...my bp was 130/70...

every other result was in the normal range, so i guess for an older guy, i am doing okay...i still need to lose 40 lbs though...that would change everything and possibly get me off a med or two which i would LOVE...i have no side effects, but i hate taking meds to compensate for my weight...aren't you happy you know so much about me???...hahaha

i LOVE the new doc - she is actually a nurse practitioner - young and very very nice and reasonable...doesn't like to overmedicate and trusts me which makes me trust her...my goal is to surprise her and go back earlier than one year after losing weight to try to get my meds reduced!

i am so happy abi is off enjoying her family...i'm sure they are too! :-)

Last edited by tony8; 07-03-2014 at 12:03 PM..
Old 07-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

We are having a fun time and lots going on. FF so great to hear from you!!! We know how you suffer with the city heat. Hope you are camped out under your air conditioner. Do you still drink those chocolate sugar free Yahoo's? I always think of you when I see them.

Tony, your check up numbers and Dr. sound very good. Keep up the good work.

DD and 16year old walked up Wantasticut Mt. today. The rest of us declined. Too hot and too many streams coming down the path from torrential rain last night. They took a selfie with Brattleboro in the background.

We lost power for an hour around 5 last night. At first we thought lightning had struck on our property. One house in a small town near us was struck by lightning and as the firefighters were trying to put it out 7 were struck and had to be transported to Brattleboro hospital. They say all are ok and have been released thank goodness.

Tammy, so thrilled for you that you are in onederland! All your hard work has paid off!

Marilee, I have never watched Jaws but even when I hear the daa da daa da music it creeps me out. lol

Vicki, so nice that your boys are all together for a short while. Is Zac's wife here too visiting? Hope all is good with you both now.

Have a great evening all. We hope the parade in the morning does not get rained out. We also have a cook out and fireworks to go to tomorrow night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jen and Becca on Wantasticut.jpg (48.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Abs, no Zac's wife is not here. And we have exchanged some tests and pm's through FB. She will not drop whatever it is she says she forgives me about. She keeps dredging it back up saying she will never forget. Well of course not, because she keeps reliving it for crying out loud. I cried to Zac this morning say I don't know what else to do. He and Thad said to give it time. Maybe even talk to her mother. I don't know.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sheesh, vicki, i think her parents should have taught her a little more about forgiveness...it's not like you killed her first-born...of course, you are not the right person to be telling her that, but someone should...

i think it's a shame that so many people live life as if they have forever to make things right...any one of us could be gone tomorrow and when that happens, it eliminates any chance of reconciliation...this has been going on for way too long already...she's young - forgive her and love her and hopefully she will grow up before you're dead...haha (i know that's not really funny, but i think ya gotta laugh or you end up crying)

not sure what we are doing this weekend...we have no plans...just texted the kids to see if they want to do something any of the days...the youngest is working all three days so that keeps us close to home...

abi, your dd and granddaughter have beautiful eyes - i bet they look like you...it is too hot for me to go hiking, although i did ride a bike 7 miles in an air-conditioned gym today...hahaha...actually, after almost a week off, i had a great workout today...

i was really hungry tonight and ate more than i have for a couple of weeks, but everything was on plan...

happy 4th, kids!

Last edited by tony8; 07-03-2014 at 08:28 PM..
Old 07-04-2014, 03:58 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Fourth of July Blitzers!

Another busy day today. Brattleboro will have a race that ends on Main Street at 9 and the parade starts at 10. I will go over early and set up our chairs at our usual spot and wait for the straggelers. Not sure about this afternoon but we have a cookout at nieces's house at 6 and you can see the town fireworks from her front lawn. Not sure if I can stay awake long enough to wait for it to get dark. lol

I wish Tony I had their eyes but not even close. lol They look like DH. He is tall, blued eyed and light haired. I am short and brown eyed. Son in law is blue eyed and all 4 grandchildren are blue eyed. I am the odd man out.

Vicki, Tony's advice is what I give you too. Just "forgive her and love her" and give it time. I would not talk to her mother, I think that would just add fuel to the fire. We all make mistakes in this life but we have to forgive ourselves, learn from them and go on. I have hurt peoples feelings before and it still makes me feel bad that I did. A person really hurt my feelings for many months years ago and the only thing that helped get me through it was to pray extra hard every day for them. I have no animosity towards them anymore.

Hope you all have a safe and happy 4th!
Old 07-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, sounds like you have a fun day lined up!...hope you can stay awake for the fireworks!...they've postponed them til tomorrow all around here...will it be burgers and dogs on the grill tonight?

we all have brown eyes in my family - my dad's were hazel and i have many cousins with blue eyes, and my kids eyes range in color from almost black to hazel-y...

tammy, a lobster roll (the way we make it and it is often served in traditional maine restaurants) is chunks of cold lobster meat mixed with mayo and overstuffed on a buttered and grilled hot dog roll with lettuce on the bottom of the roll...a little messy but so so so so good and no one leaves a bit of lobster uneaten...

still not sure what is going on today...the youngest ds gets out of work at 2 and i'd like to do something somewhere...the weather is supposed to suck, so not sure what the options will be...
Old 07-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Fourth of July! It is so nice to have a 3-day weekend.

And, it's official. The monsoon is here! It poured last night for about 10 minutes - the haboob (the giant dust storm) came through and then brought the rain. Of course, it didn't rain at the airport, which is where the "official" amount of rain is measured so statistics say we didn't have any, but it dumped on my house and other areas of town. Thunder, lightning, the whole nine yards. I loved it. Some celebrations were cancelled, unfortunately, but we need the rain desperately. Right now it's gray outside so it's nice for a change. And that's your weather report.

Going to make another cup of coffee and start my Jaws marathon.

Vicki, I know you are hurt by you DIL, but I can only think of the Scripture that says to love your enemies (I know she isn't an enemy, but there is an issue) and pray for those who persecute you. Keep loving her and treating her kindly and she will come around. I know this to be true. "Kill them with kindness".

I splurged and got watermelon and corn on the cob and am going to have that with chicken today. You can't have the 4th of July without watermelon and corn on the cob.

Have a great holiday everyone. Stay safe!
Old 07-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, and Vicki, do not, I repeat...do not talk to her mother. I guarantee that will come back and bite you in the butt.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I won't talk to her mother; it's obvious what side she would be on LOL. I am going to get a Christian book about Mother and Daughter-in-law relationships from Amazon. That could help. I know darned well we aren't going to mimic Naomi and Ruth LOL.

I can be thankful for Zac and Thad giving encouragement. Zac hasn't quit talking to me, and that is what counts.

The boys are up helping my dad trim some bushes and afterwards we are all going on the local excursion train ride. Mom and dad will be coming for dinner tonight since their kitchen water was turned off yesterday in preparation for the installation of countertops on Monday.

Chicken strips, asparagus and other veggies is on the menu for tonight. Tomorrow when brother and his woman come, we will grill out and have the usual fixin's for Mom's bday which actually is today.

Marilee, I don't blame you for splurging on corn or melon. I splurged last night with 3 pieces of pizza. We went to a place that has the BEST pizza and it isn't a national chain. I am watching what I eat today and exercised so an occasional splurge isn't going to hurt.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

corn and watermelon is a pretty benign splurge, marilee :-) enjoy it!...how are you preparing the chicken?...congrats on the rain...10-minutes?...it's been raining here off and on for at least 24 hours...haha...

vicki, sounds like a nice day ahead for you and the family...i agree about NOT talking with her mother for obvious reasons...

went for a swim in the pool this morning with dw...nice little bit of exercise...

2nd son was here and just left...youngest son here and emmy and sal are visiting his grandparents in the same town as us - not sure if they will stop by...

just fried up some ham and it was really crispy and delicious!

Last edited by tony8; 07-04-2014 at 01:07 PM..
Old 07-05-2014, 05:43 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Blitzers!

Well the whirlwind just left to drive up to Lake Winnesquam. It is sooo quiet in the house. Poor Bama the lab is wondering where all the kids are. lol We will drive up tomorrow for a family cookout.

Plan to make some oopsie buns today to use with some of our left over pulled pork.

Will check back later when I get a free minute!
Old 07-05-2014, 05:47 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

DD took this sparkler photo with a special app of the 4 grand kids last night at the cookout! So neat!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sparkler love.jpg (15.0 KB, 4 views)