Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Why do we Backslide on our diets?

Why do we quit our diets and backslide? What triggers such a thing to happen? GB, Marsha, Kyla, Bucky, Blue, Trig, Squash???
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2014, 03:52 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Glad you started up again
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Oftentimes, "life happens." By this I mean we get caught up in life as usual, our old habits, the path of least resistance . New ways of eating require extra consciousness, planning and attention. That's my thinking behind backsliding.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:32 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: where's_kyla?
Stats: 208/not sure, think im down about 20/175 - 5'10"
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Jan. 11, 2014
Unfortunately for me, sometimes there is no good reason. Sometimes it's just a switch that gets turned off. One day I can care very much, the next day, no.
where's_kyla? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:09 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Kyla & Trig! Glad you are here! Hope everyone finds their way. I am still hanging in there with JUDDD. I think its working but slow.

Hope we an keep in touch
Old 06-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: squash
Stats: 206/171/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2013
Who, me? I haven't ever backslide......................
squash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Why do we quit our diets and backslide? What triggers such a thing to happen? GB, Marsha, Kyla, Bucky, Blue, Trig, Squash???
Hi Kris

We quit our diets and backslide because we lose focus. We simply do not want something bad enough...period. If you want it bad enough, you will find a way. Necessity is the mother of invention.

What do you want? How bad do you want it? What will you do to get it? What will it take?

Hi ya squash, kyla, bucky, marsha, trig, blue and even our long lost pal MK
GoBahnsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Good to see everyone found the new thread. That happened to our thread too a couple of months ago and really gave me a startle.

Don't post here often, but do keep up with you guys when I can. Here's my theory---as long as we're here, checking in, being aware of how we're eating and drinking, we're still on the journey. And that goes for you too, Gobah. Don't even think about leaving here. We'll come get ya, one way or t'other.

The most slippery part of the backslide is denial, as I have learned over and over again.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:24 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
We simply do not want something bad enough...period. If you want it bad enough, you will find a way.
You hit a great point here GoBa.

how bad does a person want something?

I mean, people with major medical issues are told --do this and that to survive. and they don't? Work hard and get a promotion, but one doesn't try hard and stays in the same old dead end job?

I mean....what is it we really want?

Most of us want a bit healthier, bit better looking without a ton of fat around the middle....but if our spouses don't mind us as we are---why bother TOO HARD. Hubby said a zillion times, you are fine. But I want this change, but if he is so accepting and doesn't give a hoot about 'looks' so to speak, how hard AM I going to try? Especially when someone dangles onion rings and beer in front of me and then go out for pizza

I don't know....what does it take? The person absolutely must want and keep the changes they made to their body I guess. And how bad do we all really want that? bad enough to maintain and never backslide?

hmmmmm

Last edited by Trigger828; 06-10-2014 at 02:25 PM..
Old 06-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes we must want this badly! I think I do. I also want to party, it's a tough choice to make I go back and forth, but I do think I want it pretty badly. Well, I wanted to get away from the 160's pretty badly, but problem is I'm not sure I hate the 130's bad enough to go the rest of the way and get into the 120's where I most likely should be?? I've been doing high intensity sprint running/walking. Belly fat has improved from the running but I still hate my chubby upper arms. Not sure if finally getting down a few more pounds would help or not??
Current
28 Oct 2014 140
Old 06-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I wanted to show you guys these pictures from last summer

the last one is my current pic from last month, but the first 2 are last summer. I really didn't know I had gotten to that size. In the picture of lots of people, I am on the right. I had to double check the sandals to make sure it was me. made me really sad, but I feel much better now.

I told hubby that we need new pictures this summer!

Last edited by where's_kyla?; 06-10-2014 at 06:42 PM..
Old 06-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

oh shoot they didnt attach...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0717.jpg (19.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG2084.jpg (43.4 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg kycabimn.jpg (21.6 KB, 43 views)
Old 06-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bucky
Stats: 209/180.1/160 5'10"
Start Date: 5/29/13
I have moments of brilliance and then moments that I let my willpower down! I probably could have chosen a better lunch choice on Saturday but didn't (convenience took over). But then went LC the rest of the weekend.

I think we've all had a day where we let go of the reins for a minute and hopefully get back on the wagon. It's more scary when you just start going down hill and stop eating healthier all together.

I agree with y'all.
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: 212/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
I'm here ... I MAY be going beaching/cruising to Fort Lauderdale and then the Caymans at the end of July. A new goal date! BUT I need to get my passport in about 6 week's time.
Madmarsha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:56 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Go for it marsha!! Get that passport ordered now! You will love it. So much fun!!! And congrats on that new # too!

kyla What an improvement. You look great now! I can really see the difference. Things really get away from us when we relax

Bucky and everyone. I am glad everyone found their way over here. I miss hearing how every one is doing.

I am sad as I am losing my little guy (3 mo old grandson) to daycare next week It was a lot of work caring for him full time, but it also kept me grounded, eating more at home & away from the beer gardens!! I will miss him. I bounced down to a new # but can't claim it yet. Didn't last long
Old 06-11-2014, 07:40 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Go for it marsha!! Get that passport ordered now! You will love it. So much fun!!! And congrats on that new # too!

kyla What an improvement. You look great now! I can really see the difference. Things really get away from us when we relax

Bucky and everyone. I am glad everyone found their way over here. I miss hearing how every one is doing.

I am sad as I am losing my little guy (3 mo old grandson) to daycare next week It was a lot of work caring for him full time, but it also kept me grounded, eating more at home & away from the beer gardens!! I will miss him. I bounced down to a new # but can't claim it yet. Didn't last long
Thank you!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmarsha View Post
I'm here ... I MAY be going beaching/cruising to Fort Lauderdale and then the Caymans at the end of July. A new goal date! BUT I need to get my passport in about 6 week's time.
weeeee!!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marsha. I get what you are saying on exercise all good on that point!!!

and I am jealous as heck on that vacation. OH BOY have a blast!!

WK--those pics are amazing. the diff. is huge girl! You are succeeding well! must feel great to see the difference like that in pics. You keep rocking!

-----started A72 about 11 days ago. 7 lbs down. no movement today. HUH. stained back porch with hubby yesterday in 95 heat--drank TONS of water. wonder if I am holding? feel good, almost staying at 0-3 carbs per day.....so the whoosh gotta come soon I would think

doing well. LC all the way baby!!!!!!

hoping everyone good lc today!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:27 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, and I bet a whoosh is coming for you!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
Marsha. I get what you are saying on exercise all good on that point!!!

and I am jealous as heck on that vacation. OH BOY have a blast!!

WK--those pics are amazing. the diff. is huge girl! You are succeeding well! must feel great to see the difference like that in pics. You keep rocking!

-----started A72 about 11 days ago. 7 lbs down. no movement today. HUH. stained back porch with hubby yesterday in 95 heat--drank TONS of water. wonder if I am holding? feel good, almost staying at 0-3 carbs per day.....so the whoosh gotta come soon I would think

doing well. LC all the way baby!!!!!!

hoping everyone good lc today!
Wow...conrats on that 7 pounds down Trig!!! Nice going!

Hi guys! I'm going to start a 3 day blitz today. Full Atkins, no beer. Then try a fast tomorrow see if I can get a fasting buzz. How about you Kris...want to fast together tomorrow?

Right now I'm a little over 193 on my mean scale (191 on the nice scale) and I figure I can go under 190 by Saturday morning.

So today will be the hard day. This little voice in my head will try to talk me into having some beer...at least in the sauna before I go to the small group meeting tonight. But I hope I can overcome the little voice, because I really get big results when I cut the carbs and the beer...BIG results.

So who wants to join me on a 3 day blitz? I will report later today to keep myself accountable.

Have fun on your trip marsha!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

wheres kyla those pictures are great! Amazing difference those lbs made. Good for you.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squash View Post
wheres kyla those pictures are great! Amazing difference those lbs made. Good for you.
Oh yeah...the pics were fun. Nice going kyla...keep it up!

Hi squash
Old 06-11-2014, 01:05 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Wow...conrats on that 7 pounds down Trig!!! Nice going!

Hi guys! I'm going to start a 3 day blitz today. Full Atkins, no beer. Then try a fast tomorrow see if I can get a fasting buzz. How about you Kris...want to fast together tomorrow?

Right now I'm a little over 193 on my mean scale (191 on the nice scale) and I figure I can go under 190 by Saturday morning.

So today will be the hard day. This little voice in my head will try to talk me into having some beer...at least in the sauna before I go to the small group meeting tonight. But I hope I can overcome the little voice, because I really get big results when I cut the carbs and the beer...BIG results.

So who wants to join me on a 3 day blitz? I will report later today to keep myself accountable.

Have fun on your trip marsha!
Yes I will fast with ya tomorrow GB Sounds great. It's my down day on JUDDD so that works good. I have been pretty much fasting on dd's cause its so hard to only eat 44 cals, might as well not eat at all. Plus, lots of benefits healthwise to EOD fasting!! I will eat something tonight and fast all day tomorrow. I can't wait! It's not often I can get anybody to fast with me. I am usually on that lonely road Thanks!
Old 06-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes I will fast with ya tomorrow GB Sounds great. It's my down day on JUDDD so that works good. I have been pretty much fasting on dd's cause its so hard to only eat 44 cals, might as well not eat at all. Plus, lots of benefits healthwise to EOD fasting!! I will eat something tonight and fast all day tomorrow. I can't wait! It's not often I can get anybody to fast with me. I am usually on that lonely road Thanks!
OPPS I meant 400 cals on down day.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

PROBLEMS! My birth certificate is the wrong one. It's a short form, doesn't include mom and dad's name. Been using this one since 1977. I can't get it any sooner than a month unless my sister goes to Harrisburg in person for me. Which she will. But I still can't apply till she can get it to me which is probably next week. That's cutting it closer so I will be stuck paying extra for the expedited plus the extra for all the birth certificate rigarmarole.

OMG, it's never easy.
Madmarsha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:00 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Kyla---fantastic pix! WOW. What a difference. It's so cool the way your pretty face has really come out.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bucky
Stats: 209/180.1/160 5'10"
Start Date: 5/29/13
marsha - I had that same issue with my passport. Cut it really close and did the expedited service. I got it within a week and a half with plenty time to spare. Must get mine renewed next year I think. It is good for 10 years, no?

kyla ~ va-va-voom! Love the pics!

GB ~ I am in for the 3 day blitz. Oh wait, I plan on having some beers on Friday ..... maybe I'll need to do the next one, say if you start on a Monday!

A month until I get my boss' beach house for two long weekends .... cannot wait! Have to get in shape, as I haven't had a swimsuit on in a long time.

Oh and I got a speeding ticket yesterday. First one in about 25 years. Speed trap and I was the last car in a long line of cars but was the only one pulled over. Ugh. $129. Needless to say, I've driven like an old granny the last day and a half!

SW: 209
LW: 168.2
CW: 180.1
GW: 160
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, 10 years. My last one was when I was a minor so I couldn't renew it. Ugh, I wish I had gotten one "just in case" like I was going to do many, many times since the offer to just jet off to Paris happens so often.

A boss' beach house sounds great. Where is it? Ya know, my body is not beautiful but most people's aren't. I felt great just being out on the beach not caring about my imperfect body. I had boy short swim pants and a long tankini top and then my other outfit was board shorts swim pants with a swim top in a halter style and I didn't feel weird that I wasn't in a "traditional" suit. Now, the reason I bought those less revealing ones was to wear to the gym for sitting in the jacuzzi or sauna so that I didn't feel exposed because they are unisex and I didn't feel like buying something special when those suffice!

Anyone use unsweetened cocoa for smoothies? I use the Nestles without reading the label and it's just got too many carbs. So obvs I need something different but am looking for recommends.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think I used Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate once in a smoothie and it was OK. I don't have much experience with smoothies tho. Usually just a little protein powder, berries, ice & a little skim milk & I 'guess' at the measurements tho so mine probably are not very good. I need to give them another try, maybe try a little yogurt??
Old 06-11-2014, 11:26 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Hi, back GoBahnsen .
By Blitz do you mean just be really strict? If so count me in.
Ive been slacking the past few weeks.