Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: <20 net carbs/day
Start Date: May 12 2014
***STARTING OVER IN MID-MAY***

Have a feeling it's just going to be me in this challenge talking to myself, but oh well. Would love to get some other people!

I've been off the wagon for about 10 months. It's been really, really tough for me to find the motivation to even start again. But here I am. Hoping this challenge will inspire me to persevere.

FYI I have about 50 lbs. to lose.

This is what I'll be doing:

1. Staying under 20 net carbs, eating mostly Induction-friendly foods, allowing some foods not permitted in Induction (heavy cream, nuts, edamame) as long as I can stay in control
2. Drinking 10 glasses of water
3. Keeping track of points 1 and 2 here

That's it. Thanks for reading

Phoebe

One of the very few things we have complete control over is what we put in our mouths. Unless someone hogs us down, pries open our jaws and force feeds us, we have total and complete control of our eating.
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jara
WOE: low carb
Start Date: jan 04...restarted aug 11
hi!

i'm gonna join you. i fell off the wagon in dec after almost 3 years of LC eating, went completely crazy, and gained 30 lbs. today is day 5 of induction and i'm down 5 lbs already, so that's great!

i'm also marking an x on every day of my planner that i stay on plan. that seems to be motivating for me. i also have an intense support buddy in the form of my roommate, who can talk me off a cliff if needed!

tomorrow i'm going to gather up all the food rewards i have in my classroom for my students and lock them in another teacher's room, and send a student to get them in the afternoons when i can give treats, and let the student be in charge. O_o i have been known to eat freely of their candy bag! haha.

looking forward to hearing your progress!
jara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: happy1234
Hi, Olive and Jara!

I would like to join if that's okay.
Olive, I have about 50 pounds to lose, too.
I've lost 15 pounds in the past ten days doing LC, which is unusual. I'm sure it's water and salt flush and it will slow down, but I'll take it!
Jara, I could so dive into a bag of candy, hope you're able to avoid it.
Olive, do you have rules for this thread, like post our weight or inches lost, or is it as we wish?
I do prefer that it's not a competition or do-it-perfect, please let me know.
happy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #4
The doctor is IN

Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Hey, can I join? I just started back on Atkins after several years of floating 15-20 pounds above what I feel better weighing and also bad benefits of sugar.

Excited to see this new challenge!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:51 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jara
WOE: low carb
Start Date: jan 04...restarted aug 11
just checking in with you guys...how's it going?? i've been on strict induction for about 2 weeks now with no cheats!!!! i'm feeling quite please with myself. as of yesterday i'm down 7 lbs. it's going incrementally, up/down, up/down, but it's better than up!
jara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:54 AM   #6
The doctor is IN

Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jara View Post
just checking in with you guys...how's it going?? i've been on strict induction for about 2 weeks now with no cheats!!!! i'm feeling quite please with myself. as of yesterday i'm down 7 lbs. it's going incrementally, up/down, up/down, but it's better than up!
Fantastic Jara!!! I am doing good. It's been 7 days for me and I have lost almost 5 pounds I have had no cheats so far and don't plan on any! And you are so right, up and down is normal. As long as it goes generally down!

Good job!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote