Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 07:16 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michellewynos
Stats: 226/182/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2014
Just Being Supportive

I wanted a thread where you could be on any WOE that you choose to do and have a loving caring group of people to support you! It does not matter to me what WOE you are doing, as long as you want to be with a group of people who care about your success. Hope to see people come join us and have a good time losing!!!
michellewynos is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maggz
Stats: 155/155/115
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: may,1,2014
hello everyone!!
maggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I tried the new atkins a few years ago and hated it!!! it was so confusing to count the net carbs...and after being on it for a month in a half or so, i had only lost like 7 lbs!! so, i quit and just got back on atkins 72 a few months ago. Have lost 24 lbs and am loving it!!! am not losing as fast i dreamed i would, but i am still losing and that is all that matters to me!!!! i am losing inches, and that is helping my self esteem, so, very excited about that!!!!

Feb 15, 2014....226
August 14, 2014.....182
Goal......145

Made it to my half way point July 30...
Old 05-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #4
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellewynos View Post
I tried the new atkins a few years ago and hated it!!! it was so confusing to count the net carbs...and after being on it for a month in a half or so, i had only lost like 7 lbs!! so, i quit and just got back on atkins 72 a few months ago. Have lost 24 lbs and am loving it!!! am not losing as fast i dreamed i would, but i am still losing and that is all that matters to me!!!! i am losing inches, and that is helping my self esteem, so, very excited about that!!!!
SO true. Who cares how much you weigh if you look good in a size 14
I can't imagine being in a 14.But oh how nice that would be.I'd settle at my age for a size 16
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:00 AM   #5
Berta48

Hello MAGGZ
Nice to meet you A friend of Michelles is a friend of mine.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you better while we support one another along this journey we are on. It seems never ending.But I know with preferverence we will make it!!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

i am waiting to get into a size 9!!! that is my goal right now!!! Have never been in a size 9, even in high school, so, that will be very exciting for me!!!! Just to get into the single digits will feel amazing!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #7
Berta48

I am not at all concerned about it honestly.I just want to look normal I am 66years old (in Aug)and not worried about being a skinny mini any longer. I just want to be happy with myself and like the way I look to me!

I just recieved my 72 book today But sitll sticking with the 92 as long as I keep losing like I am.
tonights dinner is....
grilled T-Bone
1 small tomato
SF Jello for dessert.

The 72 book has some really great sounding recipes in it. I will be trying some of them for sure. Do you have the book?

I want to try the pizza recipe this week sometime.Haven't decided if it will be the meat,caluiflower,or cheese crust one. I am leaning towards the cheese crust
Old 05-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
WOE: Atkins'92
Thank you for starting a thread to support all of us "losers", whatever our WOE.
I would love to join you!

I have been unable to find an Atkins's 72 book. I did find "Dr Atkins Super Energy Diet" book from 1978. It has 4 diets in it with the Diet #1 being The SuperEnegy Weight Reducing Diet.

This diet would appear to be similar to Atkins '72. It has a chapter titled "If You Are Not Getting Results" which mentions an exception to weight loss could happen to " ...people who were on an equally strict or stricter diet when they began this one".

That is probably what is happening to Berta. Hcg was way stricter and now it will take some time to restore both metabolism and weight loss. So hang in there Berta!

I am on day 14 of my hcg VLCD and am not doing very well. I have lost 6 pounds, but 3 of those were load weight. I will finish up a short 21 day round and then start Atkins. I have found an Atkins '92 book so that's probably what I will follow.

In the meantime, I will hang with my new supportive friends.
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I do not have the book and would love for you to post some of the induction recipes....anything but fish or any seafood would be appreciated!!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #10
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1 View Post
Thank you for starting a thread to support all of us "losers", whatever our WOE.
I would love to join you!

I have been unable to find an Atkins's 72 book. I did find "Dr Atkins Super Energy Diet" book from 1978. It has 4 diets in it with the Diet #1 being The SuperEnegy Weight Reducing Diet.

This diet would appear to be similar to Atkins '72. It has a chapter titled "If You Are Not Getting Results" which mentions an exception to weight loss could happen to " ...people who were on an equally strict or stricter diet when they began this one".

That is probably what is happening to Berta. Hcg was way stricter and now it will take some time to restore both metabolism and weight loss. So hang in there Berta!

I am on day 14 of my hcg VLCD and am not doing very well. I have lost 6 pounds, but 3 of those were load weight. I will finish up a short 21 day round and then start Atkins. I have found an Atkins '92 book so that's probably what I will follow.

In the meantime, I will hang with my new supportive friends.

SO glad to have you here for REAL!!!!!
HCG did you do RX or Hemopathic? I did both.. Lost 20 lbs the first round with HHCG and then lost 20 the 2nd round.I did 31 days. Couldn't stand it any longer Went to PH3 and didn't maintain. Went to South BEach lost hardlly nothing.Then just quit through the Holidays last year and gained 14lbs back
This last time I stopped short at 27 days I just could not stay with it any longer Then that is when I decided to try LC WOE.So far I am really enjoying it and plan to make this my lifestyle!
It will be 3 weeks this Thursday and I am down 6.8 lbs. Since I had already been dieting and no water weight much per say I feel that is great.

I am doing the Atkins92 and I really like it. I haven't added in much carbs yet
and really don't plan to ever go over 20-25 if that much. But on some days if I go 25 I feel that will be ok.But not everyday.

I just made some taco shells out of my cheese alotment and we are going to have tacos one night this week I melted the cheese in the microwave and then just before it cooled off, I bent it into a taco shell shape. Not the most perfect looking but they did firm up and get nice and crispy.

I hope to get to know you better and as we walk along this journey we will be an encouragemnt to one another.I have a saying ZI like alot and say alot.

"With your hand in my hand together we will make it!"
Old 05-05-2014, 01:54 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Crazy1- I do not understand what all the letters mean, but glad you are here with us!!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #12
Berta48

I will need to read the book first Michelle as the recipes don't say what level they are for.
And it just arrived today!
WHAT NO FISH I could eat my weight in shrimp (well not really)I really like salmon patties tooThey smell bad but we like them with a bit of onion,cheese and an egg. We use to really like eating creamed peas with it but no more peas for quite sometime.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Crazy1- I do not understand what all the letters mean, but glad you are here with us!!!!
I'll try to explain......

The HCG Diet, is an extreme diet that involves injections of HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). HCG is the hormone women make when they are pregnant. Those on hcg diets take daily doses of hcg by injections, tablets or drops.

The protocol states adherence to a strict 500-calorie diet for a minimum of 21 days and a maximum up to 40 days. Each day is known as VLCD 1,2,3 meaning Very Low Calorie Diet Day 1, Day 2 etc.

After stopping hcg, followers are to stay on the VLCD for an additional 3 days so I still have about 10 days before I can begin Atkins.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #14
Berta48

Michelle
I think after looking at the book a bit more most of the recipes in it are for level 2-5 .
We should probably stay with what we know. There are tons of recipes on the internet.
I have several LC cookbooks too.What level are you on?
My Dana Carpander has alot but she doesn't give the nutriton counts and that's a pain. my favorite LC cook so far is George Stella.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:34 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Berta- I try to stay in induction, but sometimes, I just wanna add a little something more. so, maybe level 2 recipes? thank you for looking for me!!!!

Crazy1- lol, thanks for trying to explain that to me! How much do each of those shots cost? seems like an expensive way to lose weight!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:34 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maggz
Stats: 155/155/115
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: may,1,2014
Hello everyone, I started on May 1st very new to all of this atkins stuff but I am trying my hardest to stick with it. As of this morning I weighed 152 so lost a few I'm having a harder time with the variety of food I can eat I get suck of the same thing over and over. But I'm not a quitter so I will do my best!!

Last edited by maggz; 05-05-2014 at 09:37 PM..
maggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:51 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Morning Ladies!!

Davyd is down another lb, so he is at 121 and that brings his total weight loss to 7 lbs in a week!!

I am at 202, thankfully!! I was stuck at 204 for a week and then yesterday went down to 202 and just knew I was gonna be 204 this morning so excited that I am still at 202 I am so close to being in onderland, I can taste it!!!

Maggz- My sweet BF....you got this!!! I know you are feeling discouraged, and bored, with the food you can have.....but would you rather eat food packed with carbs and stay fat, or eat low carb foods and get skinny? If we both reach our goals, can you imagine how HOT we are gonna look?? We are gonna tear this town up with all our sexiness And I know you are also getting discouraged with the weight you are losing.....last I heard, you had lost 3 lbs in 4 days!!! That is amazing Just stick with it!
Old 05-06-2014, 08:30 AM   #18
Berta48

Morning LC Buds

I'm happy to report I am down another pound this morning!!
I will be on this plan three weeks this Thursday and started at 247.8 I now weighed in at 240. So that is great and I still have two more days to go!

I am so happy I stayed with 92 plan as I can have avacado,tomatoes,spinach,cauliflower,cabbage,aspar agus,zuchinni,turnips
snowpeas,onions, kraut(but it is higher in carbs and only (2TBS so I don't bother) I really don't remember what all the veggies are as I haven't had very many yet.I have eaten a small tomato once (yesterdsay)and some fresh morell mushrooms(last wek), and my letuce some days. But I can have 3c loosely packed salad vegetbles, OR 2c of salad plus 2/3 c of cooked veggies in the 10%carbohydrate catagory.Also if you do eat them you HAVE to look up what a serving size is.I will try to stay within the 1/2c range.

Dr. Atkins does say the less Carbs the more weight you loose.BUT for MYSELF I would rather loose a bit slower and have more variety!

I know I am going to make it with this WOE for the rest of my life.I am so happy I tried it.Iknow the weight may slwo down and I may have my ups and downs(As I already have) but I also know being persistent and sticking with it I will loose!

I am sohappy for Davy. He will do well.And you aare teaching him a healthy WOE while he is young.And he will grow up and teach it to his children GOOD FOR YOU & HIM
Old 05-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lauri
Stats: pant size: 12/loose 10/6
Start Date: 04/10/14
Good morning! May I join you all?
Lauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #20
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauri View Post
Good morning! May I join you all?
OH YES OF COURSE PLEASE DO!!
I noticed you on other threads,I even told you once how much I like your Avi photo!!!
Looking forward to knowing you better as we help one another along this journey.
God is good ALL the time, ALL the time God is good! HE is our strength when we are weak.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:13 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggz View Post
But I'm not a quitter so I will do my best!!
maggz. That's the attitude. We are not quitters! We can only do our best!

Lauri We can all support each other.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glidergirl
Hello All!
I'm just doing low carb based on the Atkins 72. (I think I will order the book again. My original book from the 70's is long gone!)

I am starting week 4 for LC, and trying to stay below 10 carbs. I haven't dropped any weight for over a week, however, I haven't cheated one iota! Not one cookie, bit of sugar, bite of bread, or grain of rice! So I will keep trudging on. Today is measurement day, so hopefully that will show progress. I measure every Tuesday, because I know sometimes you lose inches even if not pounds.

Oh, BTW, my dog Drac may be gaining a few pounds. Everytime I catch myself starting to lick a spoon from some forbidden food, or pick up a frito or chip from fixing my DH's lunch, I give it to Drac!
He might need his own support group!
glidergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
How much do each of those shots cost? seems like an expensive way to lose weight!!!
Cost depends on whether you do injections, tablets or drops and whether they are RX from a doctor or clinic or homeopathic.

It may seem like an expensive way to lose weight but most people doing hcg have such metabolism resistance that they have been unable to lose weight on other plans. At that point, cost is no longer an issue.

You can form immunity to hcg which is why it is advised to go off it fro 6 - 8 weeks before doing another round.

I lost 13 pounds in October, maintained my loss, then put some pounds on over Christmas. I began another round in January but had to quit when I had dental issues and could no longer eat salads.

I tried what I thought was low carb but I wasn't following any plan and was eating 30g per day. Needless to say, I did not lose any weight.

Then I took an all inclusive vacation and packed on the pounds. Who knew pina coladas were so evil???

So I did another round of hcg in February and lost 15 pounds. I only took a 3 week break which is what now could be causing my dismal weight loss.

Last edited by Crazy1; 05-06-2014 at 10:39 AM..
Old 05-06-2014, 10:36 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

So my plan is to do a short round of 21 days and then start Atkins.

I love meat, eggs and cheese and am looking forward to coffee with hwc!
Old 05-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidergirl View Post
Hello All!

Oh, BTW, my dog Drac may be gaining a few pounds. Everytime I catch myself starting to lick a spoon from some forbidden food, or pick up a frito or chip from fixing my DH's lunch, I give it to Drac!
He might need his own support group!
Hi glidergirl. The more the merrier.

A support group for Drac. I love it!
Old 05-06-2014, 10:49 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glidergirl
I have 8 woman friends who used RX HCG shots to lose weight, including 2 nieces. I was watching them to decide if it was worth the health risks for me (there's a higher rate of blood clots with people who use it, and I've already had a pulmonary embolism. ) They all did the whole program, lost huge amounts of weight, then gained it all back. My nieces both gained an additional 20lbs! That being said, I know it works, but they weren't shown how to go on living their lives afterwards, and not gain it back.

So I think jump starting your weightloss with HCG, then continuing your journey with a low carb lifestyle is a great idea!
glidergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
OH YES OF COURSE PLEASE DO!!
I noticed you on other threads,I even told you once how much I like your Avi photo!!!
Looking forward to knowing you better as we help one another along this journey.
God is good ALL the time, ALL the time God is good! HE is our strength when we are weak.
Thank you Berta!! It was my Facebook profile pic on Good Friday.
Is Atkins 92 the New Diet Revolution?
Old 05-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1 View Post
maggz. That's the attitude. We are not quitters! We can only do our best!

Lauri We can all support each other.
Thank you! Sometimes I get information overload LOL
Old 05-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #29
Berta48

Quote:
Thank you Berta!! It was my Facebook profile pic on Good Friday.
Well I am not for certain.My book cover Says Dr Atkins NEW Diet Revolution it says on the inside published and arranged by the Author Dr.Robert C Atkins 1992. He passed away sometime in 2000 so anything after that date was not by him.The cover is blue ,the word NEW is in YELLOW.

I really, really like this pal and WOE.I don't go over 20 carbs a day and heardlyif any even that. I stick mostly to met,fats,eggs.But I fix things that are very tasty.My favorite things are the rev/oopsie rolls made with Mayonnaise and I roll them in beaten eggs and fry them in butter and use SF Maple Syrup on them with a side of bacon or bacon & eggs. In fact that is what I ate today for breakfast
Old 05-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Yes, it is but it also could be the 2002 version. It's a little confusing because over the years every new edition Dr. Atkins put out carried the same name, even though the diet had changed.

The basic principles of the Atkins program stayed fairly consistent, but the Rules of Induction, food quantities and types, how you add carbohydrates back into your diet, and even the way you count carbohydrates changed – depending on which edition you were following.

Atkins 72 is the version published in 1972, The original "Diet Revolution"
Atkins 92 is the 1992 version
Atkins 2002 was published in 2002

What year was your book published in?

I have both the '92 version and the 2002 version. I haven't studied the 2002 version so I have no comparisons on the differences between the two at the moment.

Having different versions does make it difficult but if we follow the guidelines in whatever book we have, we should be successful!