Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Stop the Insanity thru July 4th

Anyone remember this gal?? Well, I feel the way she looks! LOL I am ready to get to this.

Starting is 179.

Mini goal by 05/26 is 174. Goal by 07/04 171!

Last edited by zipp2play; 04-21-2014 at 01:17 PM..
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
I remember her well

start 177.5
Goal 167.5

I just want to stay on plan-just to stay on plan-just to stay on plan-if only I can do that-I will be happy to just do that-the weight and fat will be an added bonus if I can only stay on plan--

Thanks girls for offering to help me--I appreciate it so much-it helps to know I have sisters willing to help when I ask for it

Michelle-you are not a lost cause--we are here for your assistance too--just reach out--I will be glad to do anything I can!

and we are off!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Monica-for setting us up once again!!!
Old 04-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-get in here and restart--tomorrow is a new day-I need us all together on this-there is strength in numbers and I can't do it alone-we really need more time working it together in a challenge anyway I think-working on recipes and ways to bring us more ways to work out what can bring us more success in our weight loss.. I think I would stick to it more if we did that? so I am up for ways to do that? any thoughts?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:36 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
I'm here! I'm here!

Well I'm starting at 190lbs
Hoping to be 180 by July

That's a pretty sad stat. It means none of my summer clothes will fit. I need to be in the 160s for that to happen. So I guess I'll have to go to good will to find something to wear this summer. But I did it to myself. No one else to blame!

Well what are we going to do about it? I think I will aim for doing some sort of exercise every second day for the next two weeks to get use to it. I will either walk the dogs if the weather is right or ride my exercise bike. Let's see if I can stick to that.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:40 AM   #6

I love chatting about recipes!!!!!!

I'm in! I did well yesterday. It was bunco night and I didn't eat anything. No candy, no chips/cheese, or anything that was there for the eating! 1 day down.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
I'm here! I'm here!

Well I'm starting at 190lbs
Hoping to be 180 by July

That's a pretty sad stat. It means none of my summer clothes will fit. I need to be in the 160s for that to happen. So I guess I'll have to go to good will to find something to wear this summer. But I did it to myself. No one else to blame!

Well what are we going to do about it? I think I will aim for doing some sort of exercise every second day for the next two weeks to get use to it. I will either walk the dogs if the weather is right or ride my exercise bike. Let's see if I can stick to that.

It is just a starting point girl! You can do this!!!!!!! That is a great plan on the exercise!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:45 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Great job on bunco night Monica
We all need to make more of those good decisions!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:46 AM   #9

Today is Dennis' birthday. Really no plans. H and I shopped last night for his gift (got him solar lanterns for his patio/firepit area). H wanted to make him breakfast this a.m. so we stopped to get him a bagel from Panera (they gave it to us free as it was almost 6:00 and they were about to throw them out). When I woke her this a.m. to make breakfast, she had slept on wrong and could hardly move her neck. POOR GIRL. Nothing worse than that! I "helped" her make it and all is good. We will give him his gifts tonight after softball practice and T getting home from work!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
Old 04-22-2014, 05:46 AM   #10

Michelle, it is just ONE day at a time. HECK, sometimes just ONE hour at a time!

BABY STEPS!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:48 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

I agree.... BABY STEPS.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:58 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

I forgot to tell you Monica that the movie you saw "Heaven is real" was actually filmed here in Winnipeg. I didn't know that until I looked the movie up to see if it would be something Marcel would go see. They say the little girl in there is also from Winnipeg. What a small world.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:08 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls!!! glad we are all together again!! Michelle-just a number girl that is headed down-that is what I tell myself!! I have to do this for sure this time-summer clothes don't fit me either--none of them--I need a fast fat fast!

Happy Birthday Dennis!!!! hope it is a super day!!!!

WTG on Bunco Monica!!! you did great!!! I am glad we are in agreement with the recipes!!

Here is the first one I am making today--Josephs lavash bread from Walmart--supposedly you can put some sugarfree davinci syrup on it-a small amount-vanilla and then cinnamon and bake it in 350 oven for 8-10 minutes--it makes graham crackers! you can do plain with spraying olive oil mist and baking with other spices for ranch crackers or garlic or onion etc and baking--cut with pizza cutter for cracker sizes--I am going to try today--I miss having crackers for cheese or cream cheese-or dip-or just a sweet snack--some people do the sweet one and use as cereal

Bag of rice in microwave for a few seconds works wonderful for neck pain! poor Haven

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-22-2014 at 06:11 AM..
Old 04-22-2014, 07:08 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

just realized you can't do lavash bread due to the gluten-dang-I am still fighting that issue! I still have that stuff in my freezer! haven't given it up! uggg
Old 04-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
I forgot to tell you Monica that the movie you saw "Heaven is real" was actually filmed here in Winnipeg. I didn't know that until I looked the movie up to see if it would be something Marcel would go see. They say the little girl in there is also from Winnipeg. What a small world.
Indeed it is! That is a great book. I suggest it to everyone. Even if you don't believe he went to heaven, it is truly an interesting story. Through the eyes of a child (well and the family was on some seriously hard times when it all happened).
Old 04-22-2014, 11:04 AM   #16

Jeanne don't worry about my ISSUES. Most often your LC dishes will work great for me!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

2 pork butts are done and in the freezer-just waiting to be be BBQ'd this weekend-I will make the sauce for one pan and use prepared for the other pan I guess? glad to have that much of the work done-I still need to figure out what I will make for me to eat dessert wise that is low carb-the other desserts are easy enough! I take Mom to get her shots tomorrow and then to the hospital for blood work and then she gets her mammogram and bone density--it will be a long day-she will want to hit Walmart also to ride the cart-so I am hoping to pick up whatever I need also--I better make a list! have you guys ever bought the baked beans from the deli cartons at Walmart? they are really delish-just like homemade-I hope they have restocked since Easter-they are on my list!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Not a big bean eater so I have never tried them. I am trying to think of a dessert for you. What kind of stuff do you like? Cake, cheesecake, pudding???? Give me a hint and I'll look thru my recipes.
Happy Bday Dennis. Sorry I meant to mention this earlier.

My dinner tonight consisted of a homemade hamburger patty shaped into a ring fried to a golden brown perfection with an egg in the centre. Delicious! And a cup of jicama slaw, also delicious and refreshing.

Snow is really melting fast now. If we could only have a few nice days in a row it would be gone, but we only get 1 nice day and 5 rotten days. I want spring!!!!

Good luck tomorrow Jeanne wish your mom well from us.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:54 AM   #19

Jeanne - honestly get the restaurant size CANS of baked beans. Dress it up with either ketchup or BBQ sauce. Cheap, easy and good. THat is what Dennis always does when we are entertaining! Deviled eggs? That is cheap and easy and LC? I am not a fan of BBQ sauce, when we do pork , we leave it without and let everyone put what they want BBQ-wise to the meat on their own. Cole Slaw is good too and easily done LC!! The slaw veggie mixes make it easy too!
Old 04-23-2014, 05:57 AM   #20

Michelle - that does sound delish!!! I love eggs, LOVE THEM! Your slaw sounds good too! Spring will come soon for you, I hope!

We celebrated for Dennis' birthday. I got us a 60 minute couples massage in Jamaica in the resort we are staying at. WIN WIN For me. I also told him that should be our Mom and Dad's day gift to each other. We can let the kids pick out a little something and call it good! We got him lanterns for near his firepit too. They are solar and he LOVES THEM! OH and a book. He scored. We went out to dinner last night and used gift cards my family had given him! Another WIN WIN!
Old 04-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-you dinner sounded great-will have to look for jicama! never tried it! I love eggs too-thankfully-I usually buy 4 dozen at a time!

Those solar lanterns sound neat-love anything that doesn't need a battery!

I am in shock girls-just got home from spending the day getting Mom all done and Bill is mowing-this is 2 weeks in a row! I am really going to brag on that man--I may get too used to this and never climb on that tractor again-he better watch out--I think he knew how burnt out I was last year! I still am!

Mom was exhausted today-she barely made it into the house-hopefully she will feel better tomorrow after getting her shots. thanks for asking about her Michelle-hugs. I think I am going to make a pecan chocolate tarte-the one listed on about.com/lowcarb-It looks easy enough anyway-I never seem to make enough time-lots to do this week yet before all the people pile in-Cassidy's boyfriends parents are even coming and maybe parents of the other kids also? I need to do a little more cleaning apparently? tomorrow will be my big cleaning day but I am not getting stressed-I intend to enjoy the weekend. I think maybe that is a good idea having people do their own sauce-you can't please everyone -I have several different kinds--great idea Monica--thanks!!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Hope your mom feels better tomorrow.

WTG Bill. Husband of the year award is headed his way. Maybe he wants something?????

You will have a house full this weekend. Should be lots of fun. That pecan tart looks great When I allow myself nuts again will have to try this.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

I am not using pecans-I am going to do almond flour-and actually thinking about half lupin flour to cut carbs further yet-hoping that will work-guess I will find out anyway? I made some crackers with the lupin-I didn't find it to be an unpleasant taste-so I think chocolate will help that too.. plus I always need extra fiber!

Nite all
Old 04-24-2014, 05:48 AM   #24

Jeanne - I love having guests over. I don't stress about what the house looks like, but we (with my ANAL husband) tend to always have a guest ready house. Your torte sounds good. Let us know how it turns out. I am sure yesterday was a big day for her. When will she have her results?

Michelle - how are the fur babies? Any changes? Snow almost gone??

It's Friday-eve guys. I am ready for the weekend although this week has been much better than last week. YEAH for that!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 06:22 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

next Thursday she has her doctor appt--so all the tests will be gone over then--she is already planning a trip to dollar tree--she wasn't able to make it yesterday-I love it there too-you never know what you can find there!

I am looking forward to having time with the grands this weekend-don't care too much about the rest-so that is the important part to me! I am looking forward to that the most-and seeing Cassidy of course in her dress-this one I don't think does as much for her-she looked the princess part last time!

I was hoping Twinkle is doing better also?

time to get busy--weekend plans for everybody?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:57 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

No unfortunately Twinkle is not doing any better on these meds. I am still getting up every few hours at night. I have purchased the collar for barking though and I thought it was working but now no matter how tight it is or where it is placed it is not working. Marcel tried it on himself and it is working but not on her.AHHHHHH!

What is lupin flour?

Monica how is T doing?
Old 04-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-hit the highlighted area in your post--netrition carries it --another low carb flour-a lot of fiber--I made the torte-I went ahead and made it with almond flour since I didn't want to make something and have to redo it-I did make a few revisions--added some sour cream instead of water and added almond extract and did the sweeteners a little different for synergy. It tasted pretty good warm-I had to sneak a test piece already-with a little whipped cream on top I think it will work for Sunday!

sorry to hear that about Twinkle-both ends!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:37 AM   #28

Michelle so sorry the collar isn't working. I know PIP is smaller than Twinkle, so I am not sure why it isn't helping. Heck, Pip yelped after each bark. I knew immediately it was working. DARN IT.

Jeanne - you deserve some TIME with the grands! Now is the time to enjoy them all. So glad you are all gathering. Remember, ENJOY the time, don't let anyone stop you
Old 04-25-2014, 05:38 AM   #29

It's FRIDAY ladies! I am very excited. Jeanne, are you all ready for your company? Michelle anything going on up there?

Tonight we have nothing, tomorrow we have 3 softball games for H. My parents/sister/BIL are all coming. We will picnic after her Noon game and celebrate my Dad's birthday. I think T plans to come for the picnic then one of us will leave and take him home. I believe he has plans with his girlfriend. Sunday T and I will do church and SS, then I will clean house. H may have games, although they are calling for storms all day long!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:42 AM   #30

Today is a Down day for me. Hoping to keep it to 500c