Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 05:42 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - I haven't made anything new or decent lately! I am in a rut, probably why I haven't been as successful lately. I am bored with it all too! BAD ATTITUDE isn't helping. I guess I understand then your DR's concern. Better to be a little heavy then to have cancer come back!

Michelle - My dad had that happen once. He always gives blood. He has many pins noting his GALLONS over the years he has donated. Then, one day, randomly they showed he was low on iron....it never happened again. Maybe it was a random oddity that happened??

Well yesterday was a failed DD. I just couldn't wrap my head around being hungry all day! So I had closer to a LOW Up day on calories. Still going with my up day today. Don't feel like jacking with it all! I know BAD Attitude!

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/192/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Jeanne-- I have never had a heavy period and lately i have barely had a period. I do take a multi vitamin with iron but I guess I could look for an iron supplement. As for blood work...I have never in my life had any done well maybe as a child but not since I can remember anything. But yes this is the first time in almost 40 donations that I was turned done for this. The level was 121 and you need to be at 125 to give. I will be more conscience of the iron I eat for the next little while and see in 56 days what they say.

Monica--- Today is a new day and an up day so enjoy.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:28 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

OK ladies here are two pics I took yesterday to show my new pixie hair cut. Be gentle on me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2291.JPG (95.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2270.jpg (19.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Notice no snow in the background this time LOL
Old 06-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/175.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
well-look at you!! I love the new cut-I used to have mine like that! love it for the summer-It looks really good! I like the color too-doesn't it have a little tinge of red in there? really pretty! you look so young! not a wrinkle anywhere!!

Michelle-don't take any extra iron-too much is as bad as too little-you weren't too low-just eat a little extra in food and you should be fine!

I am doing laundry-I found a load in the dryer from last week I never did fold! yikes-that is sad. the rain has quit briefly-I was going to wash down the porch -it hasn't been done for a year and is really dirty-living in the country with all the dust sure makes things dirty!

Monica-that is one thing about JUDDD I couldn't do-the down days-at least Atkins takes away your appetite when you are in ketosis-that is the best thing about this woe-its the only time that happens with me! worth a weight in kings ransom for someone like me!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Michelle love the hair!! Beautiful color. You are very pretty. For my age....I have a lot of wrinkles. I have been messing with menopause for 10 yrs. (I was in my 40's) I don't think it ever goes away.

I have this too Jeanne
Quote:
synthroid at higher doses weakens bones, thins your skin-which mine tears easily and bruises horribly already like an 85 year old woman-
My skin is thin....doc told me so when I was in the hospital. I don't understand the thyroid stuff. I was on Armour 90 now I'm on synthroid 60. Jeanne no cancer. That is the biggest concern.

Monica you are doing good...at least you have a plan. I seem to stay mostly confused latterly about what to eat. But I do lean toward lower calorie and lower fat.

Later
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #247

Michelle you are BEAUTIFUL! I love your hair. I bet you love that it is shorter! You look great girl! I wouldn't guess you needed to lose any weight! WOW is all I can say!

Now we need a pic of Anna and Jeanne!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #248

OH and I love the draping flowers in the background of the first picture!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:32 AM   #249

It's FRIDAY - EVE! Yeah!!!!! I am ready for the week to be done! We have softball on Saturday, nothing on Friday night though. Not sure how we got soooo lucky to have no games Friday! BONUS! DD12 leaves for church camp on Sunday. SHe will be gone through Friday. It isn't our church ( our church is super small ). So Sunday she and I will attend that church and they are hosting a lunch to "send off the campers". The camp is in Greenville IL, so they have about a 6-7 hour drive to get there. She is very excited. She loves CHURCH Camp. 2 years ago, she went to one in KS and she LOVED the Pastor that was there so much, she wrote him numerous times, just to tell him how much she loved him and missed him! that's my GIRL! *sigh*

After I get her sent off, we will meet my Dad in KC for Father's day. It will be a late night for us. We can't really meet there till 4:00 and I am sure we will do dinner and then some shopping or such! Whatever he wants!

DS15 is doing better, but he still has his moments. Yesterday afternoon was a good day for me and DS15. He had 2 appointments one for a dermatologist and one his therapist. He and I got to talk and joke around. That was nice. Therapist feels DS15 is doing so well that she won't see him till he gets back from Debate camp....so not till July 9th. Naturally, with no school, his stress issues with all the other KIDS that seriously make him crazy aren't around in the summer. I guess life is just better right now. She said to me, It was really nice seeing him SMILE! He didn't do that much in previous appointments!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:26 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-your busy life is just like my kids next door-I don't know how they keep up-they use a cozi calendar to sync it all thankfully-I am so glad T is doing better and smiling-how wonderful! And it sounds like Haven to LOVE Church Camp-she is just a sweetie in every way!

I am doing laundry today and just kinda doing catchup things-I don't know how my house gets so dusty with just two us-Dolly and Wilson both shed so much-it is constant hair flying thru the air though! I have to cook today too-so that takes up a good bit of time-I am making enchiladas--it is always good for a couple of days! I didn't get the chicken out of the freezer yesterday so I will cooking late tonite-it takes extra time to cook and shred if I don't do that the day before! grrr. I still haven't found anything to bake for me yet-you would think I could find something considering the amount of things I have printed out!

Have a good time in KC Monica-anybody else have plans for the weekend?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:18 AM   #251

Jeanne - I use my outlook calendar to do it. WE sync everything together. It is on my work computer and my PHONE (my iphone that I could NEVER EVER LIVE WITHOUT). I send all appointments to Dennis so he has them on his calendar work/iphone too! It drives a person LOONEY at times. I know it is temporary. Heck, T will start college in 2 years from August! 2 years is like NOTHING! Right now he is talking about doing his undergrad at KU, hey, at least it is local. I am not getting my hopes up for that. With his HIGH ACT score, I am guessing there will be several other colleges offering him full rides (KU is not known for rewarding academics, just sports BOOOO!! ). Full ride is a full ride!

Are you doing Linda Sue's Enchiladas????
Old 06-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #252

For the record, I keep so much on my iphone, I pay $20 a year extra for additional Icloud storage space. It saved my A $$ when my phone locked up (I completely forgot the password I had just given it). I had to completely erase my iphone and start over....thank GOODNESS I paid for that extra storage!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

I can believe you need extra storage!! I am still learning things with my phone-would you believe Bill is even showing me things now--his first time with any type of electronics and he is doing so well-of course the guys at work have shown him gobs of stuff!

the recipe I am using came from this site -not sure where? or who? I didn't keep that! I might be able to find it?

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

Last edited by jbatchelor; 06-12-2014 at 08:48 AM..
Old 06-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #254

OH that looks good! If I were LCing, I would snatch that up and make it immediately. But with cream cheese and heavy cream...I'll wait til you try it. Then I might make it with 1/2 of each of those ingredients!
Old 06-12-2014, 06:01 PM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening ladies. Thank you for being so kind about my pictures. I do think it looks pretty with my fuscia plant hanging outside on my clothes line.

Monica--- So happy to hear that T is doing better. I know it must provide you some relief. He must be so incredibly smart to get a full scholarship. That is wonderful. But I'm sure it is quite a lot of pressure for him at the same time.
I hope H. has a good time at camp.

Jeanne--- Dust bunnies are always running free here. It is an impossible task to keep them at bay. I am at a dead end too when it comes to cooking lately. It is always the same ol thing .I really have been making and loving hamburgers a lot and meatballs. Also when I can afford it, shrimp sauted in garlic butter. I have also been making pizzas on some low carb tortilla shells. We have also been enjoying steak too. All pretty easy but pretty tasty too.

No plans here for the weekend. It is suppose to rain all weekend so we'll see.

Have a good night ladies.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:17 AM   #256

OH Michelle, he MAY NOT get a full scholarship, but his goal for his ACT test, if he gets it, should get him considerable $$$. Honestly, his "smarts" are part of his mental problems!

We should all Challenge ourselves to try ONE NEW recipe a week!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:21 AM   #257

Don't get me started on DUST BUNNIES!!!! With 2 dogs and no carpet (with the exception of our game room) I have them everywhere! T goes to Debate camp starting Saturday June 21st, I plan to get in his room and CLEAN Everything! WE quit arguing with him about cleaning up things months ago. Heck, probably a year ago. He doesn't dust or clean up anything, he also doesn't get allowance. H, she is more a neat freak, she gets extra $$ for keeping her room kept up! She is also on pinterest always looking at Organizing projects. She has jars and cut up boxes that store everything! She will even sometimes make T's bed, just because she enjoys doing it and likes how it looks in his room when it is done!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:23 AM   #258

Well it is FINALLY FRIDAY! H is all packed. I mean literally, she has everything in a suitcase and a backpack all ready to go! All she has to do is gather her personal stuff that she wants in the van for the drive to camp (it is 6-7 hours away). She plans to read some and I have given her a big bag of Airheads Candy (YUCK) to share with those in the van with her.

I asked D this morning, what will we do next week? T doesn't have any appointments and with H gone, there is no softball practice or running around to gather her a friend or 2 to hang with! I have bunco on Monday, that is IT!!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:24 AM   #259

She will get home around 11:00 p.m. Friday night and T then leaves for Debate camp at 2:00 Saturday afternoon. It's just in our town at KU (the university here) but we chose to have him stay there. Thought it was a good trial for college life in 2 years. He will be gone through July 3rd! We won't know how to function!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:47 AM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Wow doing whatever you feel like! Monica you won't know what to do with yourselves. I hOpe you and D. have some wonderful together alone time to do whatever pleases you.

I am always up for trying a new recipe but when 5 o'clock rolls around I just want it to be over with. But I will try to do one new recipe a week and post it here if it was good.

Tomorrow is weigh in again. Still not feeling any looser in my pants or my shirts so not too hopeful. But will see.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girls-just checking in-took Mom back to the doctor Friday-she isn't getting any better-he gave her more medication, breathing treatments, prednisone, as of yesterday, she still isn't getting better- so tomorrow we return to see him and maybe he will have something else to try? she is beginning to think it may be a severe allergy problem since the antibiotics aren't working? I really don't know-the stuff coming up is yellow like an infection would be? I am puzzled?
Old 06-16-2014, 05:25 AM   #262

Jeanne - so sorry your MOM is not improving. Please update us on what the DR says later today!

We had a good weekend. Saturday was a super long day at the ball fields. WE arrived at 9:00 a.m. and didn't leave till 11:00 p.m. we Won 2 and lost 2. All told, decent day. Had it not been windy, would have been a really nice day!

Yesterday we sent off H for camp. She barely said goodbye to us! she was way more interested in hanging with her friends. Hoping she is doing well today. Then we met up with my Dad for lunch and a little shopping (mom and I shopped). Then some froyo.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Yes Jeanne please keep us updated on your mom. I hope she is feeling better today.

Monica--- You know H loves you more then anything. She was just excited to get the camping trip started. I'm sure when she comes back she will run up and hug you leaving her camp mates behind.

It rained here all weekend. We needed it but it was so gloomy. Today is a little better. No rain but lots of clouds.

I have really upped my iron intake. Plenty of oysters and spinach and tonight is liver. I love liver. But almost never make it because Marcel hates it. But with my low iron level he will just have to put up with the smell LOL.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:07 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone.

Sorry I have been busy and not checking in. One of my goals is to check in more often. Helps me to eat better.

Jeanne so sorry about your Mom. Pls do keep us posted. That is a lot of stress.

I bet H is having a blast Monica. Good times.

I love the recipe ideal if you all still want to.

Our ac is out again. arrrrrrr Been a long 2 days, plus I've eaten most of the dessert I made for dh for father's day. There are 2 repairmen here now. DH has had several heated/firm phone calls with them. But I am not happy as it is 80+ in here right now. I hate heat

Of course any excuse to eat
Old 06-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Monica--- You know H loves you more then anything. She was just excited to get the camping trip started. I'm sure when she comes back she will run up and hug you leaving her camp mates behind.

You have more faith than I do. The last 2 years when she got home from Camp, she literally told me, I didn't miss you all....but NOW I really miss camp! Hey I am thrilled she is 100% comfortable being away from home. T, he would stay home always if he could!
Old 06-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
Our ac is out again. arrrrrrr Been a long 2 days, plus I've eaten most of the dessert I made for dh for father's day. There are 2 repairmen here now. DH has had several heated/firm phone calls with them. But I am not happy as it is 80+ in here right now. I hate heat

Of course any excuse to eat
That is a LOAD of CRAP Anna! I think they should be PAYING you now for your troubles! Putting you up somewhere that has A/C!
Old 06-17-2014, 04:05 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Hi girls-mom is on her second round of antibiotics-she is slowly improving-I am getting a little congested-lol! my Siamese cat is very ill-he started acting funny this weekend and not using his litter box-he has never done that-so not like him-he is an older shelter cat and today I finally got him appt-last nite he started peeing blood! poor baby is really ill! I hope it isn't too late! his appt is at 10:30 this morning-he has been eating but not drinking so that concerns me as well-he has never been a big drinker anyway. when it rains it pours-of course I have eaten my way thru all this stress!

Anna-you poor thing-I could scream if I didn't have my AC on right now-we have a heat wave right now-I feel for you-I don't do heat either!

Girls-I am thinking of taking a break from here for a little while-my nerves are a little rattled and I just feel the need to break and pull back for awhile from everything till I get more pulled together-stress is just getting to me-I will be back I just need less of everything in my life right now?
Old 06-17-2014, 04:27 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Jeanne,
When the male cats start acting sick and peeing blood, that is usually cystitis.
They get stopped up/blocked in the urethra and it is usually caused by the ash content in the cat food. Deadly if not cleared up. He is in big time pain I bet?

Last edited by Meme; 06-17-2014 at 04:29 AM..
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:27 AM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Hi girls-mom is on her second round of antibiotics-she is slowly improving-I am getting a little congested-lol! my Siamese cat is very ill-he started acting funny this weekend and not using his litter box-he has never done that-so not like him-he is an older shelter cat and today I finally got him appt-last nite he started peeing blood! poor baby is really ill! I hope it isn't too late! his appt is at 10:30 this morning-he has been eating but not drinking so that concerns me as well-he has never been a big drinker anyway. when it rains it pours-of course I have eaten my way thru all this stress!

Anna-you poor thing-I could scream if I didn't have my AC on right now-we have a heat wave right now-I feel for you-I don't do heat either!

Girls-I am thinking of taking a break from here for a little while-my nerves are a little rattled and I just feel the need to break and pull back for awhile from everything till I get more pulled together-stress is just getting to me-I will be back I just need less of everything in my life right now?

OH NO! You aren't going to be here daily??? Not even with us?? I mean, I understand. Life does get crazy, but I will go crazy not knowing what's going on with you. Can I text you????
Old 06-17-2014, 05:44 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Jeanne........

Do whatever it takes to TAKE care of YOU.

But know we are all here for you.

I too will be sad if I don't hear from you often.