Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2014, 10:55 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
welcome back Gregg with 2 GS-we will be glad to have you return to our group-once a member-always a member-glad you found us!

Anna-that is horrible about the AC! I would be sitting in front of a fan our going shopping until it was fixed-I don't do heat well! I hope they get it fixed this time! sounds like a good night to go out to eat!

Michelle-you can do this girl--I think your eyes must be brown due to the constipation-you are backed up that far--so consider you have at least 10 pounds of poo that is weight! once you clean that out of there that will be some pounds lost-and I thinking maybe posting of your menu might help so we can read and see if we can help too? maybe? never give up-you can do this-we all lose our way at times but we find our way back-I am almost 20 lbs heavier now than I was at the holidays-or right before the holidays I should say! we all need a wake up call now and then!

Monica-I take after my Dad--my mom is almost 90 and sure doesn't look it either-she gets thrilled when people ask is she is my sister--grrr! I have lots of wrinkles in my face since I used to be almost 250 and my face was full and round-I pay for that loss in my face and my body with hanging skin! yuk! not a good price to pay!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH Jeanne - I am sure your MOM is a HOOT when people say that! You still need to show us a picture!!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:20 AM   #213

It's FRIDAY-EVE! I am so glad our trip ended on a MONDAY so we didn't have to come home and work a full 5 days! OMG!!!! I am so ready for tomorrow. I weighed this morning. 177.6, I gained 3 pounds over VACA. Not bad, could be worse, also could have been better. Now to get back into the 160's! Today is an Up Day. I need to start tracking on my app again and not just in my head.

I think my foot is feeling better. I think we will try to start walking again starting Monday. I have truly missed it. I will start with 3 miles at home with Dennis, then see if I can add back in my 2 miles over lunch. I also found some home workout videos to do over youtube. I want to start doing some weight training too.

How is everyone here? Plans for the weekend. THankfully, the softball tournament that H's team was to play in this weekend we bowed out of. I am thankful! I think it will be nice to just try to catch up at home.

Tonight H and I and 2 of her friends are going to the 9:00 showing of The Fault in our Stars. it is a wonderful book both she and I have read. We are anxious to see it on the big screen. Late night for us then tonight. It is a pre-release, so it starts at 9:00 p.m. THankfully I was in bed asleep by 9:30 last night!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
Old 06-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hey Michelle how are you this am??

I have been following a thread on the Low Carb Lobby called

TOO OLD TO LOSE WEIGHT?!?!

I don't know how to hyper link it, but you may get some information/ideals there. A lot of women are in your shoes..... I think it just gets slow when menopause is knocking at your door. Your not alone girlfriend.

(I use to watch Suzy Orman a lot when I had cable. Guess you can tell, she says that all the time. girlfriend)

Good morning Jeanne hope your doing well.

Glad things are getting back to normal for you Monica. Me and my DD read
The Fault in our Stars also. She is going with some friends tomorrow afternoon. It was a good book. yes I cried

Later

Last edited by saltnpepper; 06-05-2014 at 08:53 AM..
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Monica, forgot to mention.... only up 3 lbs on VACA!! That is a major victory!!

Way to go Girlfriend!!
Old 06-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #216

Thanks Anna......how's the AC, fixed???
Old 06-06-2014, 05:17 AM   #217

It's FRIDAY ladies! I stayed up WAY too late last night. Went with H to the movies to see the 9:00 showing of The Fault In Our stars. Guessing I would say over 95% of the people there were GIRLS! OH and I was one of the OLDEST in attendance! I turned Haven on to the book, so I felt it necessary to go too. We took 2 of her friends as well. It was a GREAT movie for an even BETTER book! It is YA, but I would suggest it to ALL. Even Dennis is reading it! You will laugh/cry/get mad, you name it!

It's a DD here. I was hungry, so I already ate my quest bar. Let's see how this goes.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:45 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Hi

Where is everyone?? VACA I hope.

Monica the movie sounds so good. I loved the book. DD is going today. Neat that D is reading it also.

I don't know how you do dd..... good luck.

Any plans for the week-end?? DS is moving into his first apt tomorrow. Think my work is cut out for me. LOL
Old 06-06-2014, 07:49 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

We have NBA play off right now. Spurs vs Miami Heat. Last night the arena where the event was held lost all AC. Forth quarter it was 92+. The heat here is brutal.

Yes we finally got our AC fixed. Hopefully. It was out about 2 days. I still have not recovered, from all the extra cleaning, etc and everyone in a bad mood.

I ate way to much chocolate. I'm up a bit, time to cut back.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #220

Anna - if our AC was out for 2 days, I can't tell you how many GALLONS of ice cream I would have eaten! I mean it! I get in a horrible mood if I am too hot. Heck, we keep it really cool in our house during the summer, I mean, I work, so I can do what I want with the ac, right??

Let me know what your Daughter thinks of the movie. You could hear some girls SOBBING during parts of it. I had tears, but held myself together so I wouldn't embarass H! SHe had already asked me to NOT sit with them. I told her, That's fine, where I sit my Popcorn goes. If you want to sit on your own, you all can buy your own popcorn too! she changed her tune quickly!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

LOL I hated to admit it Monica, but yes, several containers of chocolate ice cream. And lots of yoghurt.

DD is at the movie now, I can hardly wait myself...

later
Old 06-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Oh yes, where the popcorn goes I will follow.

That my friend is a great benefit of JUDD.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Good Friday afternoon ladies.

Anna thanks for the post of the too old to lose thread. Very informative and now I don't feel so alone. Hopefully I get through this period in my life without gaining anymore and when my hormones are more in check the losing will begin again.
Glad you AC is now fixed. If it were over 90 degress here and my air was out I would sell stuff to live in a hotel until it was fixed. I can deal with the heat during the day but I NEED cool to sleep.

Monica---I love a movie that can attract so many different emotions. I would love to go see a movie. But Marcel hates them. The last movie I got him to go see was the last Harry Potter (because he loved that series, well me too to be honest). I wish I could just go by myself but he pouts and pouts and I give up.

Busy doggy weekend here. I am going to a dog park bash Saturday with my two and helping my rescue show off the adoptable seniors too. There is suppose to be a treasure hunt and an introduction to a new "doggy bistro" opening up. Can't wait to see what that is about. Then Sunday it is a pet expo with manufacturers and rescues there peddling their wares. Our dogs are welcome to that too so we are going as a family on Sunday. It's the only day of the week Marcel doesn't work so we get to do this together. I know this sounds stupid!

An update on Twinkle....I am slowly withdrawing Twinkle from her meds. She has improved in so many ways it is like night and day. I believe the meds worked to help her sleep at night and take the sense of urgency out of her life but I have been reducing the dosage slowly for a month now and she is still sleeping well and much more sedate. I believe the bark collar (thank you Monica) helped with her barking at everything and now without the collar she is so much better and with the collar a perfect angel.

As for my problem. I upped my fiber with fiber crackers and extra doses of Metamucil and now everything is good. But even though it has been good for 4 days there has been no scale losses. Oh well. I now believe it is menopause related and I can't change that.Maybe next year!

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

well dang-I could have sworn you were full of poo!!! said with love in my heart!!! just teasing you my friend--I really did think you would lose several pounds-I do when I get my pipes clean! glad you are better though! and Twinkle too--that makes a difference with your sleep-better sleep helps everything.

Anna-glad your ac is fixed-I don't do heat-period!

totally beat today-been outside mowing and then worked the food pantry today-it was particularly tough today-and longer hours-so I am thrilled to be sitting here-I hope there is enough leftovers in the frig for dinner-I hope, I hope-I am too beat to cook!

Movie going doesn't happen for me-I can't hear well enough so I stay home where I can turn up the tv and I still miss most of the good parts..books have to suffice.

later gals-have a great weekend
Old 06-08-2014, 08:04 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Well the dog park bash was fun. Got my fill of playing with cuddly senior dogs. It can be sad to hear the abandonment stories or the death in the family stories but at least the dogs were not forgotten and are in a rescue that cares. That can really fill your heart with good fuzzy feelings. My two had a blast there. Ben chased any dog that would let him and Twinkle sucked up all the "She's so cute" remarks and cuddles.

Today is the Pet Expo. Vendors showing there doggy wares and more rescues showing adoptables.Another day of doggy fixes. Yea!!!!!

Did I tell you guys that the city is closing our street down for the next 7 weeks minimum for repairs to lighting and curbs. We will have to park about a block away maybe even more depending on all 80+ houses having at least two vehicles each to park elsewhere. So I guess I will be getting a lot of exercise walking and carrying groceries for a block or two.All the neighbors with campers are upset. They will be hauling all their water and propane and such .Not fun for sure. But it has to be done.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-that is awful about the street closing-with everyone upset it seems to me they could put a rush on it and finish much sooner? I would think this warrants a little overtime for the aggravation it is causing homeowners! all of you need to get together for a phone blintz-I bet that would help? so glad the doggie weekend went well-I bet they slept well.

Not much going on here-I am lazing around today-should be doing something but I am sitting on my duff-Bill decided to smoke ribs so I am totally free of cooking today-feels good too-I seem to be cooking all the time but I know everybody feels the same way. I don't think I would cook at all if I lived alone--I guess I would have to in order to stay on this woe but I wouldn't do much if I could help it! just baking sweet things-that would get me into trouble too!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:51 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning peeps-Looks like I will be headed out of town to take Mom to the doctor today-she is calling for an appt as soon as they open up-so I have my day taken-I am sure she will want to hit Walmart to pick up a few things also-I was planning on a different day but its a good thing I don't work anymore! I am paying for my lazy day yesterday now-I knew I should have been up and doing something!

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-09-2014, 05:15 AM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
LOL I hated to admit it Monica, but yes, several containers of chocolate ice cream. And lots of yoghurt.

DD is at the movie now, I can hardly wait myself...

later
What did your DD think????
Old 06-09-2014, 05:25 AM   #229

Jeanne - I hope your Mom is doing ok. Let us know how the day/appointment goes.

Michelle - you had a busy weekend. How did the dogs do on day #2? Sorry you don't go to the movies. My DH doesn't like to go either, so I either go with one of the kids or by myself. He will busy himself at home...His choice.

Anna - how was your moving weekend?? I bet you are DOG TIRED!

We didn't have softball this weekend...YEAH! So Friday night we did a little shopping, I was still not feeling the best so I was in bed before 9:00 that night. Saturday we headed to Dennis' Dads house. We decided, no softball, go spend the day and celebrate an early Father's day. We took up food for snacking at lunch and grilling at dinner. His Dad was very pleased. It was nice just us and his Dad/Wife. No one else. We played cards and just enjoyed. I went to bed early again that night too. Yesterday we did church and then I worked on the photo books from our trip. I also ordered up something for Dennis and my Dad. Won't be here by Sunday, but that's ok. I also had to take H out shopping. SHe only had 3 pairs of shorts that she could wear. *sigh* THat girl has shot up recently, so has T. I would guess H is at least 5'5" and T is now taller than Dennis, so over 6 foot! I don't grow them small!

Now it is reality time for work! YUCK! Full week working, it might actually kill me! DH and I did walk this morning. Only 2 miles, I am trying to ease back into it. OH and I am officially counting all calories and trying to get these 10 pounds GONE!
Old 06-09-2014, 05:49 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne---Hope all is well with your mom and that you enjoy your unplanned day.

Anna-- Is the AC still behaving?

Monica---So your feet are doing better? What did you do to improve them? Not good that your illness from the trip is still hanging on. Hope that passes soon. You seem to have a strong determination about those last ten pounds now. I know you will have the will power to achieve your goal.

The pet expo on Sunday was great. We meant lots of wonderful people and were introduced to some cool products. Way to expensive for us. I think it was an eye opening experience for Marcel. He saw three legged dogs and two legged dogs that have wagons for their back ends. He saw dogs that have had one or both eyes removed and realizes they are happy and need homes too. So maybe he will let me foster again real soon. There is such a great need.

As for weight????? I have been solidly on track for 10 days and have been "regular" now for 7 days and still no weight loss. I am at about 1300 cal. a day and 22g of net carbs a day and nothing. I will stay the course but I am not very happy about it.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Morning

Monica my DD Loved the movie. She said it was consistent with the book. That is always important to her. (a few things were a bit different, but was done very well.) She went with 2 friends who had also read it. One of them started crying as soon as it started.... DD and the other friend waited until the end to boo hoo.

Yes, short hard working week-end here. Of course DS's apt is on the 3rd floor. He had a new leather couch, and queen size bed. Plus a entertainment center that was really hard to move. And about 20 trips up and down for me with smaller stuff. No weight loss. I'm hoping I at least burned off all the ice cream from last week.

The AC is working! So far so good. As I just got the bill for the original new unit.

Glad the doggie week-end went so well Michelle. Love the fur babies.

Jeanne pls do keep us posted on your Mom. Reminds me I need to do something for Father's day..... around the corner.

Monica I decided to count calories/points or something also. I just can't stay in control with LC. I need boundaries. Plus it is summer time, I love all the garden stuff.

GTG pay bills.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #232

Michelle - my foot is improving. I am not going to push it too quick. I did 2 miles this morning and will do so the rest of the week each day. Then I hope to bump it to 3 miles next week. This isn't my LAST 10 pounds, these are just the 10 I have put on since about October of last year! BOOOOO I bet you do see all kinds. DOGS are just so loving and over look the hardships they have been dealt! Glad you had fun this weekend.-- 1300 calories isn't very high for LC, are you sure you are eating enough???

Anna - What calorie range are you using? I am curious, as you just hope to maintain, right??? Father's day for us will be a mess. DD12 leaves for Camp that day and the church she is going with (not ours) has asked we all attend the 10:30 service and the farewell lunch they are hosting to send them off. Dennis needs to be at our church as he is Council President and we have a visiting minister that day. Not sure if ANY of us will see each other at all! Maybe T and I will just take Dennis out to DINNER that day????
Old 06-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

thanks girls for your inquires about Mom-she is actually coughing up the crud and he gave her an antibiotic and said it is going around-he thinks the worst is actually over but told her to take 3-4 days of the 7 days he prescribed if it made her feel better or take it all if it didn't give her the diarrhea! she wanted to go shopping so we went to a clothing store and she bought some jewelry and a blouse and some shoes-her feet are really swollen but she made it without a cart! I don't see how with those feet-she went home and went to bed! thanks for asking about her--you girls are too sweet.

Michelle-hang in there-your body is in a period of adjustment-I am sure you are losing inches-as long as you are sticking to the woe-you have to be losing-you will be showing a loss soon-it's all the ups and downs that we have done to our bodies that it doesn't know whether to lose or hang on to the pounds--just expect a slow loss but you will be losing inches--I bet if you measure it will show-I am happy with a pound a week or less and that is even a struggle--just keep on keeping on--we have to do this--there is no other alternative.

Anna-did you decide on a plan and I missed it? I admit to missing things way too often! sorry if I did--I will always be on a plan-so I understand the need to be on one too-even when you don't have much if any to lose-I will fight it to the day I die! maybe they will invent a pill someday?

Monica-I think I would do whatever I wanted for fathers day-it sounds like you need a quiet day?

Michelle-I don't think I could stand to see all those special senior dogs-it would tear me apart to not help them-its heart breaking I know to even think about how people could abandon them--we have a goose in the field who must have gotten injured somehow and is just standing out there today on one leg-he doesn't seem able to walk or fly-he doesn't get into the pond either so apparently he can't swim-no other goose is with him which is unusual-they usually are in pairs for life-and the other geese on the pond are not bothering it-I didn't notice it before today and I didn't see anything happen but it probably won't survive.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:46 AM   #234

Jeanne I bet you are beat too! Take it easy today!

It's Tuesday. It has rained here NON STOP since yesterday afternoon and isn't predicted to stop till noon today. Through 6:00 a.m. this morning we have had 3 inches! I think we need to build a boat soon! Yesterday's up day was managed and counted. Now to rock this DD!
Old 06-10-2014, 06:21 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-we are getting the rain now-it started last nite-I hate picking up produce in the rain-it is a horrible job lifting and carrying wet boxes! ugg! they don't last long-the heavy boxes when wet!

Girls-we have a little over 3 weeks left in this challenge-I am not going to meet my goal once again-but I would still like to lose a little instead of gaining or staying the same even--I am going to give it my best to at least get back into the 160s-that even will difficult with me losing a pound a week-I will need to up that some too! I haven't seen the 160s for awhile-still makes me mad at myself that I was in the 150s in December and started eating like an idiot right after my Doctor visit on the 18th. Hopefully I have learned my lesson?

time to get busy-have a good one ladies--hey where is Gregg?
Old 06-10-2014, 09:23 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Girls-just got the results from my TSH-the doc is decreasing my synthroid AGAIN-this is the 5th or 6th time in the last 2 years-I have to believe it is what I need but it sure makes it harder and harder to lose weight-when my thyroid was first removed I was on .275mcg-the highest my gp had ever seen-but now I am on .112-less than half the first dose? I wonder how much is due to age which she attributes it too or the diet which I heard brings down the need? hmmm? anyway-I guess I really hope the heat flashes on the back is somehow tied to this hormone? I believe it is tied to insulin-it seems like I get more of the heat after I have been bad to bone eating off plan although I still get them too when I am good? I do believe it is hormonal in nature though? too bad a person has to figure it out themselves when you can't get a good answer--I have never really seen this on the net anywhere and I have looked --living in a big city would probably be the key? sorry the rambling and thinking out loud-headed to Feed my Sheep-we are going to be wet!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #237

GIRL, did you ask the DR if her continuing to decrease your dosage could be hindering your weight loss??? You should ask your DR these questions. Sorry you are so frustrated AND wet!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne---I feel for you and the need to self diagnose. I have very little faith in the medical profession. They are usually just interested in pills to cure the problem. I am sure in your abilities to research some necessary answers.
How did it go today? Did you get all wet?

I went to give blood as usual today but they wouldn't take it. They said my iron levels were too low and that I should see my doctor. Since I don't have one that is impossible. I'm not sure what the problem could be. I checked iron rich foods out and I eat lots of all of them. Red meat, spinach, liver, oysters, and egg yolks. I eat everything on the list. When I google it they list some horrible reasons for this but I refuse to believe it's any of those. I will monitor the actual amounts of iron I eat and make sure they are very high and have the blood people re-check me when Marcel and I go back in 56 days.
Well I have to go water the lawn. Have a good night ladies.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

she knows it is hindering my weight loss-that isn't her issue-her issue with me is keeping the thyroid cancer at bay, and keeping my bones as healthy as they can be-synthroid at higher doses weakens bones, thins your skin-which mine tears easily and bruises horribly already like an 85 year old woman-so I am sure weight loss is the last thing on her mind-and I understand the reasonings already above myself-it is just that is was so much easier when I was at the higher doses-Nothing is easy though-but it is still possible-just turtle-like slow! we are still getting the rain and had a tornado warning tonite! now there are flash flood warnings-not a fit night for man nor beast-tv has been off due to heavy rain off and on-I can feel those weeds growing in my landscaping!

tomorrow I need to cook and bake-I need ideas--Michelle-you cooking anything new and good lately? you are the gourmet cook-I am just too basic-I don't like complicated anything-I love crockpot anything-Monica you and Anna-try and anything lately that was good? I am so so bored with everything-I think we are going to Evansville Saturday and I know Bill will want the Chinese buffet-he always does-I have to be good-so I better have something baked ready for me when I get home as a treat! nite girls
Old 06-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-are you having heavy periods or more frequent periods? that will bring your levels down-do you take a vitamin with iron? what is your age? under 50 should take a vitamin still with iron. when was your last blood work and do you know what your level was then? you gave blood the last time didn't you? I would think it can't be too low if you were able to give last time and this time it is low--It might just be a hair under and their test shows positive or negative? it's been awhile since I gave blood!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 06-10-2014 at 07:01 PM..