Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Oh I have decided to bite the bullet and weigh in tomorrow. Since my shorts didn't button up today I'm sure it won't be good!
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Damn I had wrote this long post and poof it was gone!!!!

All well here . I got sick the last 2 days. Bummer . I may actually come home and have lost weight over VACA !!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:40 PM   #183

The renewal was amazing . T walked mom down the isle. Mom, Dad, my sister were all crying . I was able to attend, barely . In the group picture, I stood there and almost passed out. Dennis had to take me back to the room. I missed the reception and the cake cutting , all of it!!
Old 05-30-2014, 05:45 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Monica---That's horrible. I hope it doesn't spoil anymore of your holiday.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Monica-hope you are feeling better-not the right way to lose weight!

sure is quiet in here--let's wake up girls-I am lonely

Michelle-how was the weigh in--I am going to do it tomorrow! I ate too much yesterday and just had one of those fat feeling days!

it is a beautiful day here-so I am headed outside-later
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/107/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
hey....

Monica so sorry your not feeling well, hope all is better. The renewal sounds so nice.

Michelle how are you? Still planting? I finally got out in my yard some yesterday, but I have allergies/cold something and it was so not worth being outside. I had such a headache when I came in. Cleaned up the yard a bit have a lot more to do.

Jeanne what's cooking? Did you make anything new this weekend?

My new AC went out this am. Bummer, it is only about 3 wks old. And we have a high today of 92, it is 83 in here now with one room ac on and fans everywhere. The repair guy is suppose to be here this afternoon.
Plus I had to put my car in the shop....money is always a problem. Needless to say I'm eating chocolate today. LOL That's the way I handle problems.

So hoping tomorrow is better. At least cooler.
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:42 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-hope you are feeling better! sure do miss you!

Anna-that is awful about the AC! hope it is fixed by now-and the AC guy showed up and was duly ashamed of his unit! not a good thing for a new unit to be broken! I couldn't do without my AC-I don't do heat!

well-I was good all week and lost a pound-I can't complain-but it is so hard watching Bill eat all those donuts and cookies and not eat a single one and only lose a pound-I know I have to do this for me-but dang it will be a long time before I get back to where I was in December-I was just stupid and this is what I did to myself and now I am paying the price-I have no choice but to continue! I feel better and need to remember that!

Jeanne
Old 06-02-2014, 04:08 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Drumroll--bs today--87!!!!!
Old 06-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the 87 bs. That is wonderful news! I am so happy for you. I know what you mean about watching your dh eat whatever he wants. It can really get to me too.

Anna--- Is the AC fixed. I hate the heat too when it comes to sleeping. I can manage throughout the day though as our work has no AC so I am use to that. But I need it cool to sleep.

Finished planting now I am waiting for it to rain. It drizzled a bit today but not enough for my grass seed. But I am still hopeful that my daily watering will do the trick.

Weigh in was bad, bad bad. I am up and I actually had to go out Saturday and buy size 18 shorts. I am disgusted. I am trying but it isn't working. Everything I eat makes me bloated and the constipation is horrible. I have been eating well for the last few weeks and I feel worse. There doesn't seem to be anything like that Miralax you were talking about here. I have looked at a few places now. But I don't get it. EVERYTHING i eat bloats me right up 20 minutes after I eat. I have to undo my pants even if I just ate a lite salad or even a devilled egg. I am at my wits end!
Old 06-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-have you tried taking some Metamucil or whatever they call the generic form-I know there is one? they make a sugarfree one-I used to give it to patients-it jells if you don't drink it fast enough-yukky I think but it works-Walmart has more things available now too--maybe you can try something there-that bloating has to be horrible-did you try some gas-x for the bloating issues? that might help that part of the issue! I am in the same boat-I bought more jeans-cause my fat jeans split at the zipper due to the stress! but they didn't fit-too small! so I have to take them back-I am not happy! hang in there -you are not alone! keep trying and don't give up-I am doing this with you!!!! Michelle--what about eating some lowcarb candies that are sweetened with maltitol!! they always make me go--russel stovers usually work and also the hard candy ones I get at the Dollar Tree really seem to make an impact about 6 hours after I eat them if you know what I mean!!!! Also SMOOTH MOVE Tea--that is good I have heard-I am sure it is at Walmart--don't give up--there are lots of options for that constipation--you may lose 10 pounds when you get it cured!!
Old 06-03-2014, 06:40 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girls-I put you to bed and I get to wake you up!! I am wondering about Monica-shouldn't she be back by now? I am getting worried-hope she isn't still ill! that would be terrible! I just think it seems like such a long time since she has been gone and I am getting worried!

Anna-have you seen anything on facebook?

Today my baby is 35! how does that even happen-his brother is 45! even worse-makes me really old! I am so very proud of my boys and the men they have become!

Cloudy and humid today-Storms tomorrow -thankfully no storms today while we work at Walmart-nothing worse than loading produce in the rain! it sucks big time.

Michelle-hope you get some relief from the constipation thing before you blow-I can get really blocked up too-I have had to take Miralax twice a day for days to get cleaned out-I take stool softeners daily and I still have to take other things-it is no fun--look at all the weight you will lose when you finally go! not a joke I know! sorry!

time to get busy! later friends
Old 06-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Morning

WTG Jeanne on the BS. (Love that ... bs )

On Facebook yesterday Monica said final breakfast in paradise. I did not go to her page, but guessing from that she is in route home. Hope she is feeling better.

Michelle hope your feeling better also. That aspect of LC by itself makes me not really in favor of it as a life time diet. That being said I will add my 2 cents, remember to drink lots of water. Also..... I think cooked greens are good..... spinach, collards, kale etc. If you can stomach them, my dh is not a fan of cooked greens.

It is gross/normal here today. Hot and humid. Speaking of hot, finally got the AC fixed. Called them 11:00 AM Sunday morning. They came at 11:00 PM Sunday night. It was fairly quick, the unit had shut itself off....something about a water sensor. No water, so the guy did adjustments....hope we never have that again. So all day Sunday was a waste, it was to hot to even do laundry.

Speaking of laundry I need to get busy.

later
Old 06-03-2014, 07:53 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Happy Birthday to your baby Jeanne. It does make you wonder where did all the time go?? With all the graduation stuff the past few weeks, my son and grand daughter (from pre K) I have really thought about how I spend my time.

Do you all do a family celebration for his b-day??

Old 06-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Ahhhh I just typed a whole paragraph thing and then pressed the wrong button and it disappeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically...it said Hi Anna glad your AC is fixed. What is the coldest it ever gets where you live?

Jeanne---Thank you for all the ideas. I will try everyone of them until this clears up. I don't understand why this is happening. Before I started LCing in 2007 I had horrible problems with constipation. But the minute I switched to LCing it went away. I was regular as clockwork. But now 7 years later I have returned to that problem There has yo be something I'm missing. Something I ate then that helped or something I am eating now that I wasn't eating then. I wish I would have kept a food diary that I could look back on now and figure this out.

Oh well I have to go to work now. TTYL.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Drumroll--bs today--87!!!!!
That is awesome! You should be very pleased with that reading!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #196

Jeanne, I am BACK!!!! I just have so much CHIT to do! work is horrible (i'm there today and am under a PAPER PILE!). There are at least 5 loads of laundry to do. We have to grocery shop as there is NOTHING to eat in the house AND the lawn needs mowed desparately. Tonight is also softball practice for H and T will be working.

Michelle - so sorry you are having issues. how are you feeling today???

Anna - glad the AC is fixed. I work so I can keep my house COOL all summer. Few things I can't live without....AC, flushing toilets, hair dryer! See, I am a simple girl! NOT!!!

Trip was amazing. We snorkled daily (well, for me except the 2 days I was sick). It was PARADISE! We would eat around 8:00 a.m. breakfast, then go to the beach/ocean. Swim/play until 10:00 snorkeling. Then go back to ocean till around 12:30, then lunch. After lunch, we hit the water park for HOURS! Then back to the room to recover and play cards. OH and then DINNER between 7 and 8:00. We were typically in bed asleep by 10:00...wiped from all the playing. T stayed in the room a lot. Playing on his computer. He did do the glass bottom boat and snorkeled once. I was thrilled. We also did catamaran, kayaking and H and Dennis tried paddle boarding and scuba, (both were fail, but they tried).

I was sick all day Thursday and Friday, woke up Saturday a new person. Not sure what it was, but it was bad. Never threw up or had D, just horrible muscle aches and stomach pain. At one point Thursday night/friday morning, Dennis and I were both scared it was appendicitis. Worried WTH you do then. Thankfully that major pain passed in a few hours. I think it was just a wicked virus that thankfully, only I got!!! Everything else was perfect all the time! I suggest it to ANYONE!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #197

Forgot to mention, the renewal of vows went great. I made it through the ceremony and for 1 picture, then I turned SHEET WHITE and about passed out. Dennis took me back to the room and put me to bed again. They all went to the reception. T even made a special toast to my PARENTS! sad I missed it, but so glad we did it.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Hey Monica welcome home!! I saw some of your pic's on facebook. Looked like you all were having a great time. (sorry about your being sick....that sucks.)

Sounds like a dream vacation. Glad T went, and even did some family stuff. That is good.

I guess your life is back to normal, busy, busier, and busiest. Of all of us on here anyway.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to see you back-you were missed! I was getting worried! too bad about the sickness but sounds like you still had a great time! I am looking forward to some pics-I am sure your parents loved the renewal-that is so so sweet. Hope you catch up soon-the reward of a vacation-yuk

Well-I am getting ready to leave for the food pantry-later
Old 06-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

I want to apologize and clarify my statement.

Quote:
That aspect of LC by itself makes me not really in favor of it as a life time diet]
As usually my mouth/hands got ahead of my brain. I should have said we probably should not do induction as a life time diet. Adding in the variety of LC veggies makes it all better.

DH does not need to lose any weight, wish he could gain. Anyway over the week-end he had a small potato, and a spoon full of grilled corn. That was special, grilling on the week-end stuff. On a daily basis he has added one slice high fiber bread...... with lots of pb on it. Also per Dr Bernstein he has added some W*** crackers. High fiber. That all seems to help.

later
Old 06-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #201

Mom and Dad at the renewal ceremony--on their actual 49th Wedding anniversary

me just before the ceremony with my Dad/Sister and Haven

T walking Mom down the isle...so to speak

proof that T was outside more than once!

Dennis and I outside our room on our Ocean view deck
Old 06-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Those are great pics Monica-your mom is so pretty and young looking! you and your sister both take after your mom-you will age well like her--and I love that pic of you and Denns-it is a great pic of the both of you-your face is so thin-you don't look like you need to lose another ounce! you look great just like you are! Thanks so much for sharing your trip-I love seeing the pics of the family and your trips.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:22 AM   #203

OH Jeanne, you are very kind! There are numerous pics that AREN'T flattering that I didn't post! My Mom's Mom lived to 92 and she looked very young for her age as well. My sister, well, with all her smoking and hard living....most often people ask if she is the older sister. She also chooses to let her hair be gray. I do NOT choose to do that! As a matter of fact, it is cut/color night for me!
Old 06-04-2014, 06:24 AM   #204

It's HUMP Day already! and I am TIRED! I worked till almost 8:00 last night. I left the office at 4:15 but took it all home with me. That way I could work and do Laundry all at the same time. The work I took home got done--Check. Laundry got done and put away -- Check. No grocery shopping though! Who needs to eat???

Today will be a modified down day for me. I am aiming for anything under 1000c and I will call it a win!
Old 06-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GreggW2Gs
Stats: 278/272/199 5' 11"
WOE: Atkins, Protein Power
Start Date: 06/04/14
Back after many years...

Hi everyone!

Well I am back and needing the support!

My goal by 4th of July is 268.

I am 278 now.

Best of luck everyone!
Gregg
GreggW2Gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Back Gregg long time no see.
We are all struggling at the moment but together we will get thru this. Right ladies?

Well there has been some movement for me but no weight lossMatter of fact a 2 lb gain again. I am hovering seeing that 200 lbs on the scale again and am VERY SCARED.

I am going to pull out my Atkins book and give it a read. I must be doing something wrong and just not seeing it.

To work for now though. Have a great day ladies.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Jeanne
Quote:
Those are great pics Monica-your mom is so pretty and young looking! you and your sister both take after your mom-you will age well like her--and I love that pic of you and Dennis-it is a great pic of the both of you-your face is so thin-you don't look like you need to lose another ounce! you look great just like you are! Thanks so much for sharing your trip-I love seeing the pics of the family and your trips.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

GreggW2Gs were all here for each other
Old 06-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

My AC is OUT AGAIN. It's about a 3 1/2 week old unit, this is not good. I really live deep in the heat. When it is still 90 degrees at 10:00 PM, we are deep in the heat. ( you can not even open a window for relief.)

Anyway, did without AC most of yesterday and all night.....sigh. Good news is they are replacing the coil (outside unit) today.

I can't do anything when it is this hot. I thought menopause was making me have brain farts, but this heat is doing it too.

I just wanted to rant before the AC service men get here. It's not their fault. LOL

later
Old 06-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #210

Gregg, good to see you!

Michelle, you can do this girl! Read the book, remember why it worked so well for you before!

Anna -- WTH????? I can't do anything when it is that hot either. HECK in Jamaica, we were in the ocean before 9:00 a.m. so we could stay cool staying outside! I need it to be 70 if not lower to sleep well! I hate that this is happening to you!!!