Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 08:01 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Anna-that is wonderful that your son is going to remain in the same town! and has a job! double thanks!

I am way behind on planting-and really don't care for some reason this year-I have always purchased 36 begonias to plant in one shade area-not buying them this year and I get ferns for the porch-I haven't done that either! just can't get in the mood! not sure if I will?

How is Pepper doing? I hope they have figured out what is going on with him?

My eating is the pits-just don't even want to go there-I am not sure what/why I am just failing?

I guess we are going camping over the weekend-non electric so we will be taking the generator-I am ready to get away-it will be nice to sit and read a good book and do some walking too-hopefully while there I can begin being good?

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Anna, enjoy the LEFTOVERS! I won't be following any diet while I am on VACA. I will say, I am going to make a conscious effort to NOT just completely over eat! I mean, if I can have more tomorrow, WHY push it today, right? Well, that is how I am going to approach it. I am also CONSIDERING going to the gym while there. Hit the eliptical. Walking is still IFFY for me. GRRRRRR
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #153

OH Jeanne that is great news. Well for you, I HATE camping! You deserve to get away and just HANG OUT! Read away girl. I got 2 new books from the library to take with me. Plus I have my kindle and nook app that have many books on them!
Old 05-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Enjoy your camping Jeanne. I'm with Monica, camping isn't for me but I hope you have a nice relaxing time.

Anna---I forgot to congratulate you or should I say your son for graduating. It is wonderful that he will be closer to you.

Monica--- I'm with you on not going crazy overeating on vacation but you have to enjoy yourself. That's what you are paying for. Someone else to cook and do the dishes and do the grocery shopping. So you should enjoy it all.

I will try this Miralax you ladies recommend. Is it as bad for you as other laxatives????

I am starting a cold or something today. Everything is achy and it is so hard to keep my eyes open. I think I will take a little nap now but I'm sure something evil is lurking inside. Hopefully it blows over fast.

Later girls..time for some zzzzzzzzs.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:27 AM   #155

OH feel better Michelle!!!!!! No sickness, don't allow it!!!
Old 05-21-2014, 05:32 AM   #156

Had a decent DD yesterday. I have already eaten breakfast this morning, I was HUNGRY! I am tired too. Dang finals, T is needing the internet after when the WIFI is shut down, wakes me up, then I can't go back to sleep! AGHHHHHH Only 1 more day of finals after today! Looks like T will have all A's , just one B+. He is taking very hard classes and with what all we have gone through this semester, I will call that a WIN!

H, my girl, all A's, heck, all A+'s, except one simple A! That's my girl!

I am so ready for summer break. I hope T will find some sort of peace. now the only issue is , we are planning to limit WIFI to 5 hours a day! It will NOT go over well at all. We need him to do SOMETHING besides sit on the computer playing games!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-25.html
Old 05-21-2014, 06:28 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Feel better Michelle! hate colds! the Miralax is not a laxative-it works by bringing in more fluid to the colon-very mild...you may need multiple doses.

Monica-is T still working for the vet? glad his school work hasn't suffered-I am glad school is almost out

I am headed down to the camper to clean and do laundry-I didn't strip the bed last year like I should have-so that is to be done today! and make lists-I need a list for restocking!
tomorrow will be the restock and grocery run. Bill is taking a day off work and we will pull out Friday morning sometime-looking forward to a long weekend or relaxing-hopefully there will be a spot in non-electric!

later girls
Old 05-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Well I was right. I am sick. Headache, chills, fever, stuffy beyond stuffy. I've taken the day off but I'm sure I will need more then one. The dogs seem to feel so sorry for me. They are al over me. It's nice they care and feel for me but I could really use some space in bed . I'll talk to you gals later. Enjoy your day!
Old 05-21-2014, 11:31 AM   #159

Jeanne - how fun for you!!!! Rest / Relax and enjoy!

Michelle - OH NO!!!!!!!!!!! you stay in bed and REST! Feel better soon
Old 05-22-2014, 04:54 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle how are you feeling today? Hope you get better soon! hugs! love the dogs taking care of you!

what are the plans for Memorial day?

I need to make a run to the grocery store and then fill the frig in the camper and pack clothes-the bed has been made and then I need to check and make a list! I need my lists! we will pull out in the morning-looking to do a whole lot of reading and relaxing! the weather is supposed to be great!
Old 05-22-2014, 05:29 AM   #161

OH Jeanne, I am so glad the weather is set to be good for you! Are there people there that you will know? I didn't know if where you go, the same people tend to be? Camping, so not my things...even with a camper!

Today is the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! YEAH!!! We made it! I wasn't sure several times there, but we did! H is having 3 girls spend the night tonight. Tomorrow, we have nothing going on. T has a friend coming to spend the night Fri/Saturday. Saturday H have 4 softball games, D and I are going to try to work. Well, I will forsure, he will if coach can take H to the games. She has 2 morning games and 2 afternoon games. My parents will meet them at the fields, so they will be there for her games we miss. Sunday she will have at least 2 games AND somewhere in there we have to pack as we spend the night in KC by the airport Sunday night. We fly out at 6:10 a.m. Monday morning! OMG!!!! There's so much that has to be done with work and such! LOL Not sure what I will throw in a suitcase. I guess most important thing is swimming stuff!
Old 05-22-2014, 06:02 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

I know it is crunch time for you guys but then again it is like you are seasoned travelers-are your parents then staying with you this weekend? It is so nice they fill in on the games you have to miss! So glad school is done-such a relief I know

Anna-just keep thinking about Pepper-Don't think you have told us if he is getting better?
Old 05-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi Girls

Michelle that is so sweet the doggies taking care of you!! Love that.

So glad school is about over for you Monica. Here's hoping a great summer will bring about a better school year next year. I agree with Jeanne, you can probably pack in your sleep!! Me, I am with Jeanne, I make list, usually multiple list.

Jeanne I hope you and the hubs have a great week-end. Sounds good to me. But I do like electric, I'm a bit of a sissy when it comes to real camping.

Not much new here. Had the grand d yesterday. She graduated from pre-Kinder last night. I took her to rehearsal yesterday. So bitter sweet. She is only 4, but will go to real kindergarten this year as her birthday is in Aug. She was so cute last night, all the kids were. Me and DH forgot how cute the 4 & 5 year olds are.

Pepper is ok. Not great. After several tests and hundred's of $$ the vet says it is his gallbladder. It has "sludge" around it. I have googles it (of course) and most vets say limit protein and feed him more veggies and rice. Makes me wonder about people. I know several who have had their gall bladders removed. Was it because of to much protein?? Who knows. The vet offered meds, but even he said they are expensive. So we are watching him for now, I'm messing with his diet....praying, and just hoping all will be ok.

Hoping for a quite week-end. And to better eating????
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

BTW Monica have fun. I know your super busy...hoping you have a restful vacation.

Check in when you can.

Michelle any plans for the week-end? Is your brother going to visit this year?

Later
Old 05-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #165

Jeanne , the games are in a town that is 1/2 between where we live and where my parents live. They will just drive up for the games and go home, probably, after Dennis and I arrive or something like that.

Anna , I will check in. I am still working today , tomorrow and part of Saturday. We have WIFI at the resort, so I can check in while on the BEACH! Sorry about the doggie! I had to have my gall bladder removed back in 2003. It was after I had done Atkins and lost 50 pounds...my gallbladder was full of disease...and now it is gone!

Michelle hope you are doing ok!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

so sorry Pepper is not on the mend-I was hoping he was getting better-ugg--hope the dietary changes make the improvements in his health..

I doubt if I can get back here before we take off in the morning so I want to wish my buds a wonderful Memorial holiday-there is no wifi at the campground that I am aware of-I might steal it if anybody in the non-electric has a satellite but that would be rare too-they usually have more tent people over there-lol! will be back here Tuesday. Have a great vacation Monica! hope you feel better Michelle! Anna--so glad you are back with us!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:18 AM   #167

Thanks Jeanne! YOu have a great long weekend.

I slept like CRAP last night. WIDE awake at 1:30 a.m. and didn't go back til sleep till after 4:00 a.m.......and BAM the alarm was loud and clear at 5:45 a.m. I think it is all year end school stuff, wrapping up work stuff and worrying about what the summer may bring. GRRRRRRRRR Oh well, it's FRIDAY! Only 3 days and we fly out for BEACH/SAND/FUN! I can sleep in every single day if I want!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 07:06 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ladies. Well I'm still sick. Horrible head cold and I just can't stay awake. But I thought I would check in and wish my friends a great Memorial day weekend.

Jeanne have a great time camping.

Anna---Sorry to hear about Pepper. I hope diet does help her out. I know how expensive meds can be. The meds Twinkle are on are too expensive for me to keep up. So I will be weening her off. Hopefully she keeps sleeping but if not I will just have to live with it.

Monica--- Congrats to your A students. That is wonderful news. Hopefully your trip and summer vacation helps T sort threw things and he returns to school next year a new person with a better attitude. Have a great time on the beach.

We are finally get heat here this weekend. It should be 25 degrees C. or around 80F So hopefully I spend some time out in the sun and get this cold over with.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:16 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Sorry about the head cold Michelle, I hate those. At least it is finally getting warmer up there. I hate how much all the meds cost so much. If vet bills were not so expensive I'd love to add to the fur baby family here. But I can hardly afford one....so I won't.

Monica I had no ideal you had gallbladder surgery. Sorry, I here the attaches are very painful. So the million dollar question, do you think the protein contributed to this? Of course everyone is different. As we all know someone who had done LC forever and are in great shape.

Jeanne hoping all is going as planned for your week-end away.

I'll check in later (tomorrow) I guess me and Michelle are staying home. I'm hoping I'll get some house work done, and yard work. But we'll see....my plans usually don't work. Oh well, it could be worse.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Hi just checking in.

Are you there Michelle?

Hope everyone is having a nice week-end.

My eating was very good yesterday.....but no so today. Hard to stay motivated. And I am obsessed with thinking about food.

It is rainy/cloudy here so not doing much. Check back later.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:12 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Anna---- It was rainy and cool all weekend here. Which lead me down the wrong eating path. Again!!!!!! Well here's to another Monday restart. I think that makes it restart 1560. Let's see???? 52 Mondays a year.....dieting for 30 years???? Yep that's it. LOL

No sense crying over it. I hope our friends are having a better weekend then us.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:23 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Honey I'm home!

Hello girls-glad to see you left the light on!! we had a nice restful weekend-I read three books--Nora Roberts- the Key trilogy--I had my head stuck in a book all weekend!! just what I intended to do! I am sure Bill wasn't thrilled-he napped a lot-we both did! I did stick to the woe though-I am trying to be better-I got a good look at me and realized all the fat that has returned due to my eating off plan-it has really hit in all the wrong places and seems excessive to the weight I have put back on? weird I know but true! so I am really trying to be better. I need to stop the behavior now!

Michelle--you are so much like me--you can do this too--get yourself back on plan and start fresh with me--summer is here-we can't hide behind clothes much longer-I can't at all!! yikes---sorry about the vet dollars-I wish medications weren't so expensive to keep our furry friends healthy.

Anna-same for you--I hope Pepper gets better and stays healthy-I know the stress that worry can be-It is just like having one of your kids sick..

Well-I have a lot to do today-so much to put away and to clean up--later friends
Old 05-27-2014, 11:07 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Hi girls,

Welcome home Jeanne, sounds like you had a great time. Reading WTG. and you stayed on plan. Makes it even better.

We did not do a lot....it has rained off and on all week-end. We are in a deep drought so am grateful to see the rain.

Working on doing less carbs and a lot less sugar. Just going to try this one day at a time. I am getting out of my comfort zone in my clothes....so got to do it. Besides I feel bad when I eat bad. ????

Michelle how are you today? Did you have Monday off? I got my oil changed and I was surprised at all the folks working yesterday.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome home Jeanne .You sound like a new rejuvenated person. You must have really had a good relaxing weekend. WTG.

Anna-- Our long weekend was last weekend. Which I did have off.

My cold is finally subsiding, but it has left me so tired. All I want to do is sleep. I tried going for a walk yesterday but have way round the dog park I had to head back. When I got home I took a 2 hour nap. Well at least while I'm sleeping I'm not eating LOL!
Old 05-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Hello.....anyone home??d

Where are you all?? I had my gd yesterday, that keeps me busy when she is around. Keeps me eating to many carbs also.

I am thinking about my next diet move though..... as I read on this forum some people do more a moderate card count. I have the "Atkins for Life" book. Maybe I will read it. LOL It has more choices, even up to 100 carbs a day. Who knows what I'll do???

Been rainy and nasty here. We need the rain, but I hate all the humidly.

Got a 1000 things to do, just checkin' in.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:37 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

I am here-just getting here to check in

Anna-I think having more carbs is perfect for you--check that atkins for life out--I think with your DH watching-you would be able to not have to cook two separate meals?

My bs today was 100--finally heading down-If I would add some exercise like a smart person I am sure it would be even better-but I am just not that smart-grrr

Made Linda sue's enchilada bake --it hit the spot-I am on a Mexican type kick lately

Monica must be having fun-or she cant check in like she thought she could?

Michelle-how are you doing?
Old 05-29-2014, 07:28 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

I'm here too. I have just been taken advantage of some good weather to get some top soil down and some grass seed sown. Winter was really hard on the grass and there is not much left in our back yard. Did a fair bit of flower planting too. The rains are coming tomorrow so hopefully it will get the seed firmly planted and we will be on our way to grass again.

Anna-- I have never read Atkins for Life. But I agree with Jeanne. I am sure it is worth te shot. I have been watching what I eat really well lately but still no budge on the scale. I swear it has to do with menopause. I am getting very discouraged. But the last binge I went on really hurt. I was in double overed pain so even though I am not losing I am not tempted to veer too far off the wagon in fear of that pain again.

Jeanne---WTG on lowering the blood sugar. Keep it up.

Monica--- Miss you...hope you are having fun.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:51 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-glad you are getting some weather and can work outside-and are being good with the woe--that is good even if the scale doesn't budge--you are losing inches!

I have been good also-and I haven't lost an ounce for 5 days-I have watched the scale even tho I usually don't --I have hoped to lose a little and my scale hasn't been nice-I am not giving up because my sugars are coming down-97 today-I would love to see the 80s which is what it used to run before this pre-diabetic diagnosis! I keep hoping!

Anna-you really have nothing weight wise to lose-just to maintain so I think that higher carb level would work for you very nicely but you have to find something you are comfortable with? we all do.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:51 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

HI glad to see you both.

WTG Jeanne by getting your bs down. DH bs was going back up a little, in the 120's. One of the girls at work suggested he take the stairs and not the elevator to work. He is on the 3rd floor most of the time. (I have been telling him this for months) And guess what, by just that little bit of exercise he is back to the low 100's or high 90's.

I need to try some new recipes....should look up Linda Sue this week-end. Your Mexican dish sounds ok....I'm not a Mexican food person, but dh is. LOL I really liked her hot potatoes salad with sausage. But I don't think you liked it J. DH said is was ok.

Meat is just so expensive.... and ds eats a lot. So does dd. Neither one of them want to eat LC. DS is skinny, and DD is allergic to almost everything. So I am always making several meals at once.

Michelle I hope your feeling better, how is your cold? Glad you were able to get outside and plant flowers. I really need to do that. I just hate the heat so much I just don't go out.

I don't go on FB much, but when I did a few days ago Monica and her family flashed up on my "home" page. They looked like they were having a blast.

I should get busy, check in later.

June 1st is a Sunday, and coming soon. I will try once again a new plan...... I need to cut out/or cut down the sugar.

Any plans for the week-end?
Old 05-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Another gorgeous day here. Finished seeding and planting. Now after my back recoups I will tackle washing the windows. But that will have to be another day. Time to relax and rest my poor back.

No plans for the weekend other then maybe going to the farmers market tomorrow. But I really don't feel like spending money so probably not.

How about you guys? Anybody going to be around here this weekend?