Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Jeanne---Thanks for the info on my MIL. I now understand. I also understand that there are no cookies safe around me either!!!!LOL

Monica---A big hug sent your way. I feel so sad for you and T. Our outlet is food and his is cutting himself. Why can't we all have an outlet of doing good deeds instead or something else beneficial. What a fantasy world I live in!
michelle204 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Great pics Monica!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #123
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Monica---A big hug sent your way. I feel so sad for you and T. Our outlet is food and his is cutting himself. Why can't we all have an outlet of doing good deeds instead or something else beneficial. What a fantasy world I live in!
YOu have hit it right there girl. THIS is his outlet! I thinnk it is currently managed, so I guess that's a good thing!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:39 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

So I went shopping at Target today and as I am parking my car I notice a little old lady walking to her car. She trips in a dip in the parking lot and falls between two cars. I park as fast as I can and run to see if she is ok. I expected to have to help her up. I didn't expect that she was up but her face was covered in blood. I couldn't see her eyes or anything for all the blood. I ran back to the truck and grabbed wads of tissues and ran back. She had cut herself above her right eyebrow. About 1 1/2" long. There is a clinic across the street. I offered to drive her but she refused. No matter how much I asked to help she refused. I think she was in shock and scared of me.I stayed out in the parking lot and watched her drive away clutching her wad of tissues to her head. She made it to the clinic. I have never seen so much blood. It was quite gory. Poor lady. That's my day today.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Michelle-you are the good Samaritan-you did all you could to help her--hopefully she will be ok but she should have let you help her-people are too leary of everything now and it's really sad but true--she could have been too dizzy to have driven to the clinic-glad she made it.
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #126

OH Michelle how horrible. I am so glad you were there and were able to help her. HEAD WOUNDS bleed horribly bad. I mean, even small ones. I can remember T barely getting a wound on his head and it would look like he had practically cut his scalp off. You are a very good person. I am sure she was shook up and couldn't think clearly. I am glad you were able to see she drove over to the clinic!

Jeanne - how was your Monday? Did you get mowing done? It rained here off and on all day yesterday and now it is COOL again. Today was 40* when I woke. High of only 66*!

It's Tuesday! officially less than 2 weeks when we will be in Jamaica! YEAH! It was a quiet night at our house last night. D had church meeting, so the kids and I watched a movie. We watched Delivery Man. Funny/cute, we had a lot of laughs watching it!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:13 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning-we still have warm weather today and rain-tomorrow the cool weather comes back-I am ready-it was humid the last couple of days-I didn't get to mow-everytime I get ready-it rains-so the grass just gets higher and higher-the rain is forecast for today again-so I won't be mowing since I volunteer today and the D of I meeting later this evening. Once it cools off I intend to pull weeds again-I have lots of weeding to do with the rain.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:48 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/107/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Wow Michelle, you are so kind. That would scare me too, all the blood. If I ever fall in public I hope your around.

Jeanne it is raining here. But we are in a drought, so we really need it. BUT we got 2 inches last night like in a couple of hours. So there is flooding everywhere. We still need rain.

Glad your whole family is going on the trip Monica. That is so nice, I can not image that in my world. Maybe a vacation will help T relax and just have fun. ..... hopefully you can to.

Not much new here, so I'll check in later.
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:50 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

another rainy day--and cooler-50s today-good for a woman with heat issues---don't think those will EVER go away! Can't have rainbows without rain I always say! How is Alaska weather Michelle? getting warmer? I would probably love the summers there? but not the snow!

need to cook something today but no clue-better go check out the freezer soon! bored with my cooking

Glad you are getting rain Anna-we had that drought thing going on a summer or two ago-no fun.

Monica-is it over the Memorial weekend when you are gone? I would like to go camping but if you don't reserve a year or two ahead the campground is full-in the electric part anyway-we could try the non-electric and take our generator but it is just by chance there if you get a spot. we might try it though if the weather is decent? anybody else have plans?

Jeanne
Old 05-14-2014, 07:11 AM   #130

Anna - we love going on trips with my parents. Actually, we prefer going with them! They are getting to the age that I worry if they go off like that on their own. I am 100% fine with them going on a tour guided trip, but on their own....makes me really nervous. They are always 100% ready and willing to go whereever it is we head. They love that Dennis and I make all the plans and tell them this is what we are doing. We have gone on 3 cruises with them, went to NYC/Canada naigra with them, Hanabel MO, you name it. Always more fun with a crowd!

Jeanne - I am tried of cooking lately too. We make nothing new/different. IN A RUT! Won't improve the next 10 days either as we will literally be cleaning out the frig for when we are gone!

Michelle - how did the furbaby thing go? Will you be able to watch the Foster dog??? When we first got PIP she was all over our older dog Jessie. PIP is 5 pounds Jessie is 45 pounds. Pip had no fear and wanted to show who was boss. Jessie all but completely ignored her when she growled, barked, you name it. Now, Pip just plays with Jessie, sometimes Jessie will get involved, other times....she just sighs and ignores her! I love both of my doggies! Jessie is getting old, so we love each and every day we have with her. They estimate she is now either 12 or 13! we rescued her back in 2003.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:25 AM   #131

Well it's HUMP DAAAAAAY Ladies! 1/2 way through the week. Only 11 more days will we will head off for Jamaica! The next 8- 9 days of work will be BUSY! I have agreed to work that Saturday the 24th and process some paperwork requiring the drivers to get it in early. SHould be a fun Saturday! It will get me that much further ahead for when we return on 06/03.

We leave the morning of 05/26 and return LATE on 06/02. I think our flight is supposed to land in KC at 9:10 p.m., we still have a 45 minute drive to make to get home too! It will be a late night. The kids don't have school, but we will come to work! I am hoping H and T will work on Laundry that day! Here's HOPING!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:26 AM   #132

We will have wifi access, so I can still check in here. I may even post some picture up! Nothing like BEACH PICS!
Old 05-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Well it is rainy and cold here. We actually had snow overnight, but at least it didn't stay.

As for the foster dog I should know by tomorrow if he is coming by or not. He has a meet and greet with potential adopters tonight. Fingers crossed he gets a forever home.

Monica---Your trip sounds fantastic. And you being so close with your parents is inspiring. I never had that relationship with mine for sure.

I am in a cooking rut too but that seems to be ok with me for the meantime. I did bake some flourless peanut butter cookies though to get me through this cold spell. If it would just heat up I would be outside doing stuff and not thinking of food. ARRRRRR!
Old 05-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #134

I hope it warms up for you soon Michelle !!!
Old 05-15-2014, 06:29 AM   #135

Friday - Eve ladies! I am so ready for the weekend! Work is thankfully quiet, so I can get extra stuff done so I am ready to be gone a week.

Plans for the weekend? Ours is actually relatively quiet. We are hosting a surprise birthday party for a friends Husband on Saturday night. WE agreed to make all the food if she just paid for the food/Drink. So we will be cleaning house and shopping for that. But that's about it.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:41 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning girls-hair appt today and then help time at Mom's and then errands-so I will be busy awhile-have a great day-the rain continues here-dreary-not a good day to be out and about-I want sun!

later
Old 05-16-2014, 06:22 AM   #137

It's Friday! Yeah!!! Bring on the weekend!

Jeanne how did your day go with your Mom yesterday? How's she doing?

Michelle snow all gone???

Anna - where are you girl?
Old 05-16-2014, 08:21 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Here I am

Sorry for the mia. DS (one of them) is home from college, and my days are his days. LOL BUT I love it. I have missed him the last 4 yrs. He graduates tomorrow... so I have lots to do.

One more trip to the grocery store. boo. Anyway

Yesterday me and him went shopping all day for his first apartment. (he has lived with room mates the last 2 yrs) But he only had a room to take care of. We had to look at kitchen stuff, bath stuff all that. In celebration of his first place we ate lunch at Steak N Shake. (fast food, from the Midwest in case you don't have them Michelle) We don't have them in our town. So of course I had to have a chocolate shake. And it was sooooo good. Other than that I did pretty good.

I am making brisket for tomorrow, green beans, baked beans, deviled eggs,maybe salad, potato salad. Of course brownies and gf chocolate chip cookies. Going to try to be good, but taming the sugar monster is so hard.

Hope you all have a wonderful week-end.

Monica thanks for posting your mother's day pictures. They are priceless.

Jeanne how are you doing? Hope you had a good day with your mom. How did your hair turn out?

Michelle what is going on with the fur family??

Talk later
Old 05-16-2014, 09:53 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Mom's day went well-she really wants more and more time-she got mad at me today and hung up on me--I told her I was paying bills and didn't have time to talk! she is so spoiled! I have so much to do here but she thinks I don't have anything to do apparently! I try to ignore her antics-she will call when she gets over her tirade and act like nothing is wrong-lol! I really hope I mature and don't act like that.

Happy Graduation to your son Anna--a milestone for sure--does this mean he is staying in your town now and working close to home? that would be wonderful-he must have a job which is a good thing too! enjoy your day and don't worry about the food-It all sounds delish! I would! of course I would!

Still cool and rainy--we are supposed to warm up a little-I am ready for that--record cold temps tonite--I am hoping there is no frost since we have most of our garden planted and my flowers would get it too-I refuse to cover up stuff this late in the year!

Hello Michelle--you doing anything this weekend?
Old 05-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
Here I am

Sorry for the mia. DS (one of them) is home from college, and my days are his days. LOL BUT I love it. I have missed him the last 4 yrs. He graduates tomorrow... so I have lots to do.

CONGRATS to your SON!! How proud you must be. PARTY IT UP GIRL!!!!!!!! I am literally, excited for yoU!
Old 05-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #141

Anna - will there be a large gathering at your house in celebration? I say, ENJOY!
Old 05-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #142

Jeanne - it was 36* here this morning. Thankfully no frost at our house ( I do believe the temp dropped a bit lower than that after I checked). The tomato and pepper plants AND my flowers should be ok. It was a record low for us too. At the office, there was definitely FROST! Glad that stayed out at the office. It's in an intech park so not a lot of houses to "insulate" the area.

THe kids only have 4 more days of school after today. I THINK WE MIGHT MAKE IT! T is done with the "busy" work. I keep telling him, whether you know it or not, homework is required! I think he will have all A's, maybe 1 B+ in advanced English, at times, he felt the homework wasn't necessary! *sigh* As if HE is able to merely decide that! The one good thing about college, typically no homework. Just lectures and tests. That's what he does well at. That kids has photographic memory AND if he hears it, whether paying attention or not, it is SOLID in his mind! I hope he uses that to help him in college! Scary, he will graduate 2 years from now....
Old 05-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #143

We are hosting a birthday party tonight. We have cleaned and cooked all day. I'm thinking I earned an early glass of wine!!!!

Oh had a surprise on the scale today 174.6. It's a start!!
Old 05-18-2014, 05:31 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

YESSSS!!!
Old 05-19-2014, 06:48 AM   #145

well Anna, as I stated, it's a start.

We had a good Friday and Saturday, then Sunday...went all to HELL! Several issues with T yesterday. To boot, we found out he drive to MCD's on Wednesday last week with 2 friends in the car for lunch. We thought it was odd he was written up for being late back from lunch. At his age/license, he is not allowed to have friends in the car EVER while driving unless Dennnis or I are with him. So, no car to school these last 4 days. It was an argument. Thankfully he didn't disagree he screwed up. It just was a time he decided to bring up everything else too! OH WELL. that was Yesterday! TODAY WILL BE BETTER.

After the several issues with T yesterday, starting at 9:00 a.m. when he stated he had too much homework to go to church. I did ok on my DD yesterday till 6:30..then I ate. So , dusting off and moving forward.

1 week from right now, we will be in flight to Jamaica! That helps!

Saturday we cleaned/prepped food and such all day. Barely sat down all day. The surprise party we hosted was a HUGE success! Glad he was really surprised. His wife was very pleased with everything.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

MOnica--- WTG on the scale movement. And to lose under all that stress is amazing. I'm glad your party went well. I've never been or been part of a surprise party. It must be so much fun. And T..... what can I say. Maybe your trip will change things around. I'm crossing my fingers for that.

It is our long weekend this weekend. Not doing much here. It has been a dreary, drizzly weekend. Can't really do anything outside. We went out last night for dinner. It was my inlaws 56 year anniversary. They are doing just great. She has successfully quit smoking now and are both feeling so much better. Her legs are still swollen and sore but she is living with that.

We never did get the foster dog for the weekend. He did even better and got himself adopted. WTG Jack. So we will continue to look for temp fosters. I'm still not ready for a full time foster yet but I'm getting closer. These pills seem to be working for Twinkle. She now only gets up once a night. And cross your fingers and toes she hasn't peed in the house in a week. She still has an accident every once in awhile when we go out for too long, but those are getting fewer and fewer too.

I'm still not weighing. Clothes is still way to tight to even attempt that disappointment. My eating choices are very good but my portions are still a bit off. My problem lately seems to be the dreaded constipation. I don't want to take a laxative so I just suffer. Hopefully that passes soon. (No pun intended). Well that's enough babbling.

Jeanne---How are things with you?

Anna---How is Pepper doing?
Old 05-19-2014, 11:48 AM   #147

OH michelle, constipation is the worst! So glad to hear Twinkle is getting up less during the night. You know, a new home, can be tough and it is a huge adjustment. I know our dog PIP acts completely different than she did when we first got her. Then, she would randomly POOP wherever....even if you were standing right there. I think the previous owner allowed it, since the poop was small. WTH???? Now, she won't do that. She also doesn't growl at H anymore. I am happy about that too! Now, if T would just like her! it was his room she pooped in the most. I am sure it was because he was home/ignored her and wouldn't let her out. HIS PROBLEM !!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:53 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-try some Miralax-it works well-I have to use it-I have had years of that problem too-Smooth move tea also-I still have issues even using those things! it isn't fun!

Yippee for Jack getting adopted! that is wonderful! glad for all!

nothing new going on here-same ole same ole--boring boring-boring!
Old 05-20-2014, 08:43 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning

Well our big week-end has come and gone. I am so proud of our son. (the first of my 4 kids to get a college degree) Monica he is one of my "wave" kids. The kind that likes to make waves....we used that term once when talking about T. My point of saying all that is, "Yes there is light at the end of the tunnel." I had smiles/tears reading about the McD lunch time story.

We did not have any visitors for the celebration. It is a long sad family story. Besides my DH is a pack rat, and I am ashamed of all the clutter. But I cooked like crazy for just us. Another son, the one with the grand came over. So that was nice.

Our son is here in town now, thank you God, he has a job. A good job at a oil company. Has rented an apartment...but it won't be ready for a few weeks. So I am cooking more carbs.....and eating them. And there are all kinds of new junk food here.

Makes me re-think the whole diet business.......
Old 05-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Michelle how are you? Good luck. I agree with Jeanne, Miralax is good stuff. DH is t2, and is totally LC. and this can be a problem.

Jeanne are you still mowing? Did you get all the flowers planted? I have not planted one thing this year. Just no time.

Monica hope your day is going good.

I am taking a few days off from any type of diet. I have left overs...and I 'm just not ready. During my down time I will think about which diet works best for me. I did put on a few lbs during the past week of eating anything I wanted.

I think I need to eat more like WW, but cut the sugar. Not sure what I will come up with. I need the portion control, I need limits. LOL